Close
Photo

Naruto's own path

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Naruto's own path (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Naruto have followed his own path?

1. No, l like this childish Naruto. (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Yes, it would have been far more realistic. (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Would Naruto be more of a badass if he had killed all his enemies; meaning he didn't care about Jiraiya's ideals of bringing one another together. Let's face it, Jiraiya's ideal of world peace is unrealistic and far too childish. As long as humans live on this planet; peace will never be achievable. 

Edited by Raito, 21 September 2014 - 06:57 PM.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#2 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

...why can't there be a third option?  :umm:

I never thought the way that Naruto dealt with enemies was very realistic, but I like and admire the ideology, too. Conflicting feelings, man.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#3 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

What is Naruto's solution to peace anyway? Start a huddle and make a campfire while singing kumbaya? 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#4 Raito

Raito

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football(Soccer)®

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

What is Naruto's solution to peace anyway? Start a huddle and make a campfire while singing kumbaya? 

I have no idea, but whatever he has in mind its not going to be good. Might as well be a massive orgy. :confused:

Edited by Raito, 21 September 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

I have no idea, but whatever he has in mind its not going to be good. Might as well be a massive orgy. :confused:

Tnj seems to be working. It's a good thing this series is filled with villains that have weak convictions. Makes Naruto's job for world peace that much easier.

Edited by luffyq1, 21 September 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Nah its singing the campfire song lol

#7 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

A part of me would like for Naruto to actually kill his enemies. There used to be a time when this story wasn't about redeeming villains and "stop the cycle of hatred" and I'll be perfectly honest: I enjoyed the series better when it was like that. I don't mind that villains get redeemed, but when it happens so much to the point that's all you can expect it feels a little too unrealistic. I remember I was trying to write a fanfic of Naruto up against an enemy and I had to actually question if it would in his character to kill him and go this "I can't believe I killed someone!" phase or go for a stupid redemption angle.

I have personal gripes with that aspect of the story, but I don't want Naruto to lose his childish side completely. The Naruto manga was made to be idealistic because of who he is and while it may seem pretty unbelievable a lot, it does have a good message that I can appreciate. The real world is full of enough hate and death as it is.

So nah Naruto doesn't need to changed ... in a story like this, he won't need to because he's all gonna make it work somehow. Whether it's unrealistic or not.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 21 September 2014 - 11:58 PM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#8 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:56 PM

I do like that naruto doesnt kill his enemies . Every person deserve 2nd chances. IMO he just show some path forgotten souls their own path. And honstly i like his idealism. Not that every villian can bevredeemed but naruto does make them see and choose their corret paths and finnally leading them to their inner peace. Every enemy he has coqured so far have got their inner peace by naruto. I dint see why thats unrealistic . He is just showing us nothings impossible if u have the moral courage to do it. Never give up and u ll get success. Tho in real world its way too hard to follow his idealism vompletely but still his idealism can really help the world

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#9 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

Naruto just rolls his own way I guess. He's not exactly always logical... sometimes he just goes for his gut feeling. If he thinks something needs to be done right (in terms of loyalty, and friendship, and s**t) then that's what he does. He's reactive and does things on impulse. Mostly to be there for his comrades.

And it's cool that he finds the good in people. It's something I admire about him.. I think a lot of people on the show admire that about him too xD Childish doesn't always necessarily have to be immature, especially when you have morals like Naruto does. I don't think he ever wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, and always did his best for other people. And that's how he got acknowledgment, and now look at where he is now...

Sure some of his actions caused issues, but in the end it generally worked out. You know. Random Naruto miracles.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

This is not seinen.

#11 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

Naruto can empathise with those who have past experiences and a viewpoint that's similar to his own. He changes the hearts of these enemies by appealing to the original underlying nature that seems to always push through to the surface near the end of their conflict, in spite of the character's best efforts to renounce what they believe are impossible fairy-tale musings. But for every enemy that he's managed to convert over to his side, there's at least one that he couldn't bother himself with. Gato, Orochimaru, Kimimaro, Kakuzu... There weren't any efforts made to understand the reasoning beneath their sociopathic ideals and methods. The extent of his interest in the turmoil that's no doubt seeped into their core only went as far as thwarting their evil schemes.

So while Naruto's first instinct might be to disable instead of kill cold-bloodedly, he won't take any personal interest in your own demons unless they exist on a level that he can understand. 

Edited by Atheck, 22 September 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#12 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:10 AM

I'm fine with it tbh. The only thing that made me question Naruto's ideals was that 'cool guy' reference he made to Obito  :down:

Other than that Naruto's way is okay. Its not as if the criminals get redeemed and then live happily as if nothing ever happened. The villains DO get punished- They die. Their redemption always comes just before they die and they get a shining moment before they die. This happened with Zabuza, Nagato, Obito, Madara and others.

I guess the only exception to this will be Sasuke  :twitch:

This manga is for kids after all. Naruto is supposed to be their Hero. If they see him killing people, even the bad ones, it sort of taints his image. Making Naruto forgive and understand the villains is the best way to make him a better Hero for kids ( though this sucks if you are an older reader).

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#13 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

I'm fine with it tbh. The only thing that made me question Naruto's ideals was that 'cool guy' reference he made to Obito  :down:

Other than that Naruto's way is okay. Its not as if the criminals get redeemed and then live happily as if nothing ever happened. The villains DO get punished- They die. Their redemption always comes just before they die and they get a shining moment before they die. This happened with Zabuza, Nagato, Obito, Madara and others.

I guess the only exception to this will be Sasuke  :twitch:

This manga is for kids after all. Naruto is supposed to be their Hero. If they see him killing people, even the bad ones, it sort of taints his image. Making Naruto forgive and understand the villains is the best way to make him a better Hero for kids ( though this sucks if you are an older reader).

umm i wouldnt really agree with this. Naruto can inspire adult people in many ways like Naruto is very determined and has very strong values that he never once fails to act by, even in hopeless situations. His dream is to become Hokage, as it is the epitome of his ambitions to have the village acknowledge him and live for the sake of protecting his important people. Though he is naturally hyperactive and tends to rush into combat without thinking, Naruto is capable of devising some quite clever plans by creative usage of his jutsu.
These are some example that can inspire many one how to handel problems and struggles.
So i would say naruto manga is not only for kids . He has personslly inspired me much more than anyone in my life.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#14 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

I wouldn't mind Naruto making everyone in the world respect him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users