413 replies to this topic

#21 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

after finally reading it, i finally understand, like everyone here. naruto's not rejecting her. he's calling her out on her comments about sasuke. and i think i was right about her not wanting naruto to know about the rookies' decision to wack sasuke.

guys, we have nothing to worry about. sakura does love naruto.

#22 runner_up

runner_up

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

not the confession i always wanted down.gif

confused.gif as much as i hate to say it i believe that sakura was lying. its obvious that she likes naruto but her true feelings for the time being are with sasuke. the reason she "confessed" her love was to put naruto out of his misery for him to stop chasing sasuke on her behalf.

for now sakura still loves sasuke, but i think eventually this lie will become a reality, but not until a certain event happens that will make it official to make sakura no longer loves sasuke

part 3 perhaps? wow.png

narusaku 4ever narusakuct7.gif

Edited by runner_up, 29 October 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#23 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

I just don't know. Yamato seemed...angry. Kiba looks angry. Something tells me at the very low end Sakura is going to be left crying while everyone else takes over. Page 16 she looked scared, she's never been the target of his anger before. This could hurt, alot.
I hope the love things were true though. I mean when you look it could be either, but on page 14 it looks like Lee is blushing and he's sweating.

Everything starts falling apart when she says she doesn't need the promise anymore. That's when the real doubt sets in.

#24 roshumba

roshumba

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Oh god. I de-lurked just for this chapter. Translated version on mangafox.

I can't believe what happened. At first, when I read the chapter, I think my mind exploded in explicatives at the mangaka. I mean, all that build and he chooses to go this route? But I read it some more and I'm guessing he's not really knocking down narusaku, as much as he is actually building sasusaku (friendship and shippy-wise both). She's practically calling Sasuke trash in this chapter and of course Naruto is going to be pissed about it. Naruto still loves Sasuke (brother, of course, biggrin.gif). And for Naruto to see Sakura (who he thought to understood his feelings about Sasuke) just turn on him like that, of course he's gonna be super pissed.

At least we know Naruto still loves Sakura. He... knows her. More than she might no know herself -- which speaks volumes for Naruto. But Sakura, damn it, get your head and heart on straight. Confessing to a person -- and practically shoving the words "NOT MY FIRST CHOICE" is not love at all. Its lame.

Oh wells, I still believe, even though Naruto took ten steps forward, while Sakura took 20 steps back.

#25 Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Another clif cliffhanger from Kishi xD, and to complete i almost bet he is only gonna show the fight next 2 weeks sleep.gif

Confusing chapter, but her fisical language says she is telling the truth, although for me the reason she is so strange have to be with the fact she cant say to him what the rokies want to do with sasuke, and naruto know she is hiding smthg just dont know what...lol its easy to know why kiba, lee, etc react that way they were waiting for a: "Hey Naruto we dicided to stop sasuke, maybe kill him", and it camed out "Hey Naruto I love you!"
Kakashi understand what sakura is doing, it probably reminds him about obito love for rin, sakura is chosing Naruto happiness over anything, wasnt that what naruto was doing for her all along? So theres love involved...Yamato is just upset cuz naruto wasnt just trying to save sasuke only for her, the way she act saying he can stop chasing sasuke its kinda of an insult to naruto efforts to bring him back, naruto is not a toy... well thats my interpretation xD

#26 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

And i noticed another mistake...she seems to be talking to Naruto, as in when he was this little dummy she would have never liked him, but now that he is this great person, she likes him. This confession is built on clay...unless Sakura shows pannels, and realized that she is in love with Naruto, this pairing will have died.

Edited by Strangelove, 29 October 2009 - 07:50 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 29 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And i noticed another mistake...she seems to be talking to Naruto, as in when he was this little dummy she would have never liked him, but now that he is this great person, she likes him. This confession is built on clay...unless Sakura shows pannels, and realized that she is in love with Naruto, this pairing will have died.

Clearly, you haven't read Part 1 on Sakura's development. If she was lying about her feelings for Naruto, I would've expected no blushes appearing on her face panels which will tell us: "Oh hell NO!" That will definitely give all of her haters/bashers/NH/SS multiple field days with "The Truth: She's a B*tch" comments. dry.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

hmmm way to go there sakura. tell naruto you love because you don't love sasuke anymore, that's basically how it's coming out now and naruto's seeing straight through it the WRONG way of course. he thinks she's lying about everything. i say she's covering up the kill sasuke drama in a very poor way and seriously did she expect naruto to say "AMG sakura-chan! why didn't you say so earlier?! and wait who is this sasuke you keep talking about?"

I think her feelings about naruto are genuine, because she didn't want to make more mistakes and telling a guy you love him for kicks isn't exactly a smart move. but i don't know till next chapter if naruto's just so high on the emo scale that he's convinced nobody can love him or that he does have a point. next chapter = big deal. so don't you dare make it fight-only kishi-sensei!

Edited by Nadishani, 29 October 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#29 Namikaze Minato

Namikaze Minato

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 29 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think sakura did that to explain herself, if all the ppl that hated him when he was a child can change and love him now, why cant she?

#30 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Namikaze Minato @ Oct 29 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think sakura did that to explain herself, if all the ppl that hated him when he was a child can change and love him now, why cant she?

because the pairing just can't get a break. that'd be too easy. tongue.gif

#31 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

i think she was just trying to spare naruto the pain of knowing his closest friends are gonna have to kill his "brother".

#32 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Namikaze Minato @ Oct 29 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still, it caused a negative reaction, and the end always justifies the means. Fortunately, we haven't seen the end of this conversation yet, and many things can happen:

Sakura burst into tears.
Sakura will have to prove herself that hers was true.
or she still doesn't know how she feels about him, but hopefully for the sake of the NaruSaku fandom...she realizes her true feelings on Naruto...

Edited by Strangelove, 29 October 2009 - 08:12 PM.

#33 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

read it loved it.

ok lets clear some issues up

Sakura is not lying. What shes doing though is covering up. Shes wearing the same smile and mask she wore when she covered her injury fromt he KN4 incedent, specifcially when she sasy cant you stop chasing Sasuke now.

Sakura does love Naruto, shes grown that way and explains it as such, however because shes trying to protect him still, trying not to make more msitakes with Naruto shes ending up making them anyways.

She has to come at him from a compeltely open position. She has to fully open herself up to the possibility of being hurt and being loved. because thats the risk you take. You cant protect someone and simultaneously take that risk.

They cant have any more pretenses between them. Sakura needs to express what she feels about Sasuke to Naruto, and she needs to express why she has changed to naruto. She allready has partly by telling him much of what we authors have expressed their love to be like.

her feeling always safe and cared for and acknowledged. However theres still an elephant in the room that needs to be adressed before Naruto can believe it.

his own insecurites about her are at the forefront of his inability to believe her. His thought that he cant love ehr because of his inability to keep his promise is something Sakura is also going to have to confront. Also his misreading fo the situations is as well.

it showed in how he misconstrued her saying next time theyd go together. also he hasnt remembered any of the times theyve had together.

thats something Sakura needs to bring up. the first date she accepted, the feeding scene, how she asked him how womanly she looked and his response.

Lastly she needs him to open up to her about his feelings to her.She cant let him slip behind a mask or a smile.

cant wait till next chapter
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#34 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

I just hated how Naruto reacted to her confession, and couldn't their talk be more... privite?

#35 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (runner_up @ Oct 29 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
confused.gif as much as i hate to say it i believe that sakura was lying. its obvious that she likes naruto but her true feelings for the time being are with sasuke. the reason she "confessed" her love was to put naruto out of his misery for him to stop chasing sasuke on her behalf.

for now sakura still loves sasuke...

So when Sakura was trying anything and everything to convince Sasuke not to go to Orochimaru, that "confession" was somehow true love, but Sakura confessing to Naruto is a lie? huh.gif
Given the context, I'd say it was the other way around.

Just because Sakura failed to say things in a way that would convince Naruto, does not mean that she is telling a lie.

We'll see what sort of rebuttal Sakura has next chapter.

Edit: Just read the comment from catsi563. Interesting point. Once Naruto started getting defensive, Sakura would need to get Naruto to relax before he would even listen to any arguments she would make. Obviously, the hug didn't work, she may have to go to more drastic measures to calm him down. sakura.gif

Edited by RedDelicious, 29 October 2009 - 08:21 PM.

#36 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

Sakura isn't lying about her feelings, she's only lying about Sasuke. Look at her face her face isn't one of a liar but someone who's trying to mask her hurt with a smile, something Naruto knows how to do.

uc.png

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Sakura is lying to herself...she is saying she doesn't care about Sasuke, when she clearly uses the word Kun at the end of his name. Or she is lying about her feelings for Naruto, and that smile she is giving him, that smile is definitely fake. Then on a second thought, she has stopped using the kun at the end of his name...what's more interesting is Danzo though.

Edited by Strangelove, 29 October 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#38 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Shes not lying period.

at worst shes avoiding the subject of sasuke by basically saying the truth. he is criminal who has done nothing but broken her heart, and moved further away from her.

what part of that is a lie?

what shes not doing is not confronting those feelings for Sasuke and for Naruto head on.

shes trying to avoid them or push them aside to protect both herself and naruto

but you cant protect someone from love.

love requires you to open up completley to the other. to take that big risk.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#39 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

god this chapter just makes me want the next chapter so bad! okay pretty much every chapter lately but this one's just killing me.

either sakura's gonna be sakura and bawl her eyes out
or sakura's gonna be sakura and punch naruto into next week

i just want tsunade to wake up and punch some sense into both.

#40 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 29 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shes not lying period.

at worst shes avoiding the subject of sasuke by basically saying the truth. he is criminal who has done nothing but broken her heart, and moved further away from her.

what part of that is a lie?

what shes not doing is not confronting those feelings for Sasuke and for Naruto head on.

shes trying to avoid them or push them aside to protect both herself and naruto

but you cant protect someone from love.

love requires you to open up completley to the other. to take that big risk.

We won't know until the next chapters. I still think her confession is based on guilt...Unless this is actually the beginning of the real development, Naruto's flashbacks are when Sakura cries, or is paralyzed for Sasuke. Sakura has to confront those feelings for the guy, before anything develops between her and Naruto, and Naruto has to confront Hinata's feelings for him, before anything can happen between him and Sakura. Kishi is not gonna trash them now, he might actually trash us instead.

Edited by Strangelove, 29 October 2009 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users