12-21-12 the End of the World?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#81 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Aug 12 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! Sorry! sweatdrop.gif

S'okay happy.gif

#82 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

I meant the prophecy thing that the world will magically end on 21.12.2012. If it really is something we cannot stop and I point out if then there is no point panicking about the inevitable.

Shadow, humans are a creature with extremely high will to survive and live if nothing else is just the human's nature. True, doomsday might be inevitable but that doesn't mean that we should just sit back and wait for it to happen, even if there is a VERY small chance to survive the catasthrope or whatever, then its better to try and fail rather than not trying at all.

Edited by BlackLightning, 13 August 2009 - 05:38 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#83 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

I'm doing something you guys will find disgusting but---

I'm going to turn into a cockroach.

What? Cockroaches can survive though anything. You'll see who laughs next! HUR HUR HUR HUR.

Also Black is right. Can we all stop being pansies and get some real muscle instead of faux smartness with the terms like. " Oh it's gonna happen. " Or my favourite.

" Geez. I wonder what Ganon's up to. "

Thanks in advance guys. Don't believe everything. Because. Mayans were trolls IRL. I should know. I'm a troll. BURRR I LIVE UNDER A BRIDGE.

#84 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Here's my take on this.

I don't know about it ending on a specific day, but I have been hearing about the year.

Supposedly, the Mayan calender predicted something was going to happen, but you have to remember, that was a really long time ago, and things have changed. However, our scientists have forseen something happening with the sun. Supposedly it's a solar flare that will emit a huge blast of gamma radiation. There's no telling what the Mayans predicted exactly, but it was something.

I don't know on how large a scale the blast will be, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be something. Now, I'm not saying the end is nigh for sure, because, hey, I like living too. For centuries people have thought the end of the human race was near, hell, the last one was June 6th, 2006 because the date was 6-6-06; which is ridiculous. But look, nothing happened. And take 1999 for example. Still nothing.

So who knows? This may just be another Y2K. Only time can tell. And if it is the end of the world, well, we've still got 3 years left. Naruto will probably be over by then anyways laugh.gif

Edited by FrutyLishis, 07 September 2009 - 04:26 AM.

#85 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 5 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's my take on this.

I don't know about it ending on a specific day, but I have been hearing about the year.

Supposedly, the Mayan calender predicted something was going to happen, but you have to remember, that was a really long time ago, and things have changed. However, our scientists have forseen something happening with the sun. Supposedly it's a solar flare that will emit a huge blast of gamma radiation. There's no telling what the Mayans predicted exactly, but it was something.

I don't know on how large a scale the blast will be, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be something. Now, I'm not saying the end is nigh for sure, because, hey, I like living too. For centuries people have thought the end of the human race was near, hell, the last one was June 6th, 2006 because the date was 6-6-06; which is rediculous. But look, nothing happened. And take 1999 for example. Still nothing.

So who knows? This may just be another Y2K. Only time can tell. And if it is the end of the world, well, we've still got 3 years left. Naruto will probably be over by then anyways laugh.gif
You had me insured.

Until you spelt ridiculous wrong. Now I believe the Mayan curse is real....oh...wait...wait!

OH MAN, WE'RE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~!

*puts on gay glasses and jumps to the gay-mobile and rides off to Gay Tony's club*

AWWWWWW~~ !

[I be trollin~~]

#86 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

* Academic research do not indicate that the Maya attached any apocalyptic significance to the year 2012: the date for the end of their world lay unimaginable aeons of time in the future.

While I agree with you about the Sun's solar activity, I have to disagree on the timing. While it does enter a phase of near solar maximum every 11 years, or so, it is believed that the next one will be delayed. At this time, the Sun is going through a phase of near solar minimum. Unlike other "minimums", this one has been rather strange. Since 2001 (2001 being the last Solar Maximum), the Sun has been rather calm, with very very few ejections, flares and no sun spots. Because of this, Scientists believe that the next maximum will happen in 2013, not 2012.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 September 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#87 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:52 AM

@ Yakatsu

And you made sense.

Until you used insured.

dry.gif

Edited by FrutyLishis, 07 September 2009 - 04:19 AM.

#88 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 6 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you made sense.

Until you used insured.

dry.gif

Um what do you mean by insured?

#89 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

I was speaking to Yakatsu

(Btw, can someone tell me how you find the URL for a picture that you have saved in your documents? Sorry, I'm still a noob)

Edited by FrutyLishis, 07 September 2009 - 04:25 AM.

#90 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 7 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Yakatsu

And you made sense.

Until you used insured.

dry.gif

I did put my shades on....

Wasn't that enough to let that error slip?

8D

#91 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

After twenty or thirty end of the world theories failed epically I would have thought people would stop putting any stock in them whatsoever and just laugh at them.

Oh well, a man can dream...
bd5.jpg

#92 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Sep 7 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did put my shades on....

Wasn't that enough to let that error slip?

8D

Lol... rolleyes.gif

#93 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 7 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Btw, can someone tell me how you find the URL for a picture that you have saved in your documents? Sorry, I'm still a noob)

Uh you just upload the picture to an image hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket by going to where ever the picture is.

e.g. My Pictures -> Naruto -> NaruSakupic1 -> upload

#94 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

I think that we have nothing to worry about. laugh.gif This theory is not even that credible, and in my opinion, is just pure speculation.

A myth.

A prediction.

When I first read this thread, I was quite interested.

That part I admit.

But, do I believe it?

I guess not. I don't feel any nervousness at all.

happy.gif

---

QUOTE (Ryrinea-chan)
While I agree with you about the Sun's solar activity, I have to disagree on the timing. While it does enter a phase of near solar maximum every 11 years, or so, it is believed that the next one will be delayed. At this time, the Sun is going through a phase of near solar minimum. Unlike other "minimums", this one has been rather strange. Since 2001 (2001 being the last Solar Maximum), the Sun has been rather calm, with very very few ejections, flares and no sun spots. Because of this, Scientists believe that the next maximum will happen in 2013, not 2012.

The first thing that popped in my head was 13-13-13. tongue.gif

---

EDIT:

Click here.

There's a poll at the bottom of the page, and when I voted, I saw that there were 22, 007 votes.

See what the people think about 12-12-12.

The astronomer that was interviewed in the article, was shocked at the amount of people who are panicking.

He said that it was not true at all!

It's quite impossible, actually.

That's what I've been trying to say.

happy.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 09 September 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#95 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

WAIT WAIT.

For us to get to the Mayan curse we have to go though 9/09/09 , 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 and then 12/12/12!

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!

#96 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Sep 9 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAIT WAIT.

For us to get to the Mayan curse we have to go though 9/09/09 , 10/10/10 and 11/11/11 and then 12/12/12!

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!

You forgot 13/13/13.

wow.png

*giggles&laughs*

---

EDIT:

By the way, when I checked again the poll I gave earlier, it increased to 26, 000 votes in only 7 hours.

happy.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 09 September 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#97 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

Is just gonna be another Y2K thing...I think.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users