96 replies to this topic

#1 The Sincerities

The Sincerities

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

I was just thinking about how people have been talking about 2012, the so called "End of the world"... I personally don't really believe it. I just can't seem to bring myself to believe that the world is going to just end, go bye-bye on 12-21-12. What are your opinions on this?

Edited by FoxxSpirit, 25 July 2009 - 12:13 AM.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

Oi. This topic is gonna spark controversy...just like the last 2 similar topics did -.-

May or may not give my opinions later~

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

All speculation.

It's the year the Mayan calendar supposedly ends... and some other people have interpreted it as a new-age shift.

#4 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 24 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All speculation.

It's the year the Mayan calendar supposedly ends... and some other people have interpreted it as a new-age shift.

That sort of what i was thinking as well. Just symbolizing the moving into a new age or time era. If anything does happen though, i believe it will be on a very small scale.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#5 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

Isn't something going to happen in space? Some kind of solar alignment?

I was watching something on it a few weeks ago. I do believe something will happen, but the end of the world? Nah...

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#6 The Sincerities

The Sincerities

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 24 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oi. This topic is gonna spark controversy...just like the last 2 similar topics did -.-

May or may not give my opinions later~

I wasn't aware that there were two similar topics.^^;; I checked before I posted this topic but saw none... Well I hope it doesn't end up turning into an argument... As for Cloud, I thought about how they based it on the Mayan calendar and also on how earth is acting. I would suppose that is why people say it will end.

What I wonder is if it were to actually end, how would it happen? It could be an endless clash of natural disasters and such but what if it were to just go poof, there you have it, we don't exist. It makes my head hurt when I think of how it would be like if we were just nothing... ._.

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

rolleyes.gif eyes really just because omg the 2012 movie has everything breaking up into pieces. End of Sarcasm xD

I think it just a batched prophecy that wont come true really. Their is no need to panic here I am in to this kind of stuff too so yeah a at master at this kinda of stuff.... Their have been tons of end of the world prophecies that never came true. Yeah, we still here alive and kicking.....

"The Hopi and Mayan elders do not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of transition from one World Age into another. The message they give concerns our making a choice of how we enter the future ahead. Our moving through with either resistance or acceptance will determine whether the transition will happen with cataclysmic changes or gradual peace and tranquility. The same theme can be found reflected in the prophecies of many other Native American visionaries from Black Elk to Sun Bear." - Joseph Robert Jochmans

1245 days, 5 hrs, 10 mins, 35 secs left for Age of Transition to begin!

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle!

The Mayans believed the universal processes, like the 'breathing' of the galaxy, are cycles that never change. What changes is the consciousness of man that passes through it. Always in a process toward more perfection. Based on their observations, the Mayans predicted that from the initial date of the start of their civilization, 4 Ahau, 8 Cumku which is 3113 B.C., after one cycle being completed 5,125 years in their future, December 21st, 2012. The Sun, having received a powerful ray of synchronizing light from the center of the galaxy, would change its polarity which would produce a great cosmic event that would propel human kind to be ready to cross into a new era, The Golden Age. It is after this, that the Mayans say we will be ready to go through the door that was left by them, transforming our civilization based on fear to a vibration much higher in harmony.

Source

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 25 July 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:59 AM

tl;dr

I can copy and paste too. Seriously. That wall of text made my head hurt.

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 24 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tl;dr

I can copy and paste too. Seriously. That wall of text made my head hurt.

Xd

#10 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

Wanna know what is going to happen on 12-21-2012?

Nothing, nothing at all, just like 01-01-2000.

Edited by Sir Whirly, 25 July 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#11 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 24 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wanna know what is going to happen on 12-21-2012?

Nothing, nothing at all, just like 01-01-2000.

Exactly...

Take it with a grain of salt.

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:17 AM

a few of my friends told me about his too and here my response to them:

dun read if you believe it --Click here to view--
I'll see you guys at 2013 and laughing my ass off due to your stupidity for believing it

EDIT: I re-read the title again and found quite... an interesting thing I guess (can't believe I didn't realize it before): Don't you think its kinda... convenient that the date for doomsday would be consist of all "1" and "2" just need to switch em around for the day, month and year. I might be more compelled to believe it if it would be... say... 12-31-12?

Edited by BlackLightning, 25 July 2009 - 01:23 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#13 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jul 24 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a few of my friends told me about his too and here my response to them:

dun read if you believe it --Click here to view--
I'll see you guys at 2013 and laughing my ass off due to your stupidity for believing it

Me too I really don't believe this it just like any prophecy that foretold the end of the world and failed...."

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

Improbable.. not impossible.

Seriously though, "transitioning into a new era" seems like not such a bad thing for the world right now, especially if it leads to "transforming our civilization based on fear to a vibration much higher in harmony."

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jul 24 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Improbable.. not impossible.

Seriously though, "transitioning into a new era" seems like not such a bad thing for the world right now, especially if it leads to "transforming our civilization based on fear to a vibration much higher in harmony."

Yeah true that.....

#16 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

Y2K anyone? 8D
Tsu.gif

#17 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Jul 24 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y2K anyone? 8D

Yes it is another Y2k

#18 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:38 AM

I am going to invest in bomb shelters and bunkers. The prices will inflate significantly and people will buy them like hot cakes. I shall retire in 2012 fu.png

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jul 24 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to invest in bomb shelters and bunkers. The prices will inflate significantly and people will buy them like hot cakes. I shall retire in 2012 fu.png

Be careful what you wish for, True. fu.png

I sense a spammer coming to agree with you... (might be the North Koreans)

Edited by Cloud, 25 July 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#20 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

I AGREE TRUE LOLOLOLOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users