All Things Politics

• Please log in to reply
1876 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

As the title says, this thread is for all things political, from any country in the world. Key things to note about this thread:

1). There will be absolutely NO bashing of ANY political party, the politicians of any political party, or any member who is part of said political party.

2). There will also be absolutely NO bashing of any particular topic that involves laws, or rules that you may or may not agree with.

3).
These rules will be strictly enforced, as politics and religion are two topics that are highly volatile, and that we have tried to avoid having here at H&E.

The US elections for better or for worse, have changed all that.

So please act like grown up, mature human beings. Have grown up, mature conversations, and leave any and all negativity far outside of this thread.

Thank you.

~SakuBloss~

#2 Chen

Chen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

McCain is a stand-up guy - link

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

Bashing is about 80% of politics and Im being generous. Its not just us, the politicians themselves do it.

Edited by Mik3, 06 November 2008 - 09:43 PM.

\

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Nov 6 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bashing is about 80% of politics and Im being generous. Its not just us, the politicians themselves do it.

I second Mik3 on this one.

Canadian politics do the worst, in my opinion. The Conservative party would make campaign videos about Liberals, and vice versa. And tell you who to vote for and bash each other using problems within the parties, scandals/bad decision, etc.

It's ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on my homeland (Taiwanese politics). Debates in the government usually end up in fistfights.

#5 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

I agree with you about Canadian politics (live in Canada =D). I watched the English debate for this year's election (there's a french one before it). I have a friend who lives in America, who said that he only watched the American debate, for the bashing. In the CANADIAN debate, its ALL bashing. Out of the 5 parties, 4 of the leaders gang up on, and bash Stephen Harper (Prime Minister of Canada). And he's bad at defending himself. He tries to convince us that there isn't a problem with the economy. I realize this MIGHT be true in Canada (I usually follow US economy), but isn't there an Economic Meltdown EVERYWHERE
. Don't Press the red button

#6 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 6 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So please act like grown up, mature human beings. Have grown up, mature conversations, and leave any and all negativity far outside of this thread.

It's a forum full of shippers, Sakura-chan. I think you might be asking a bit much. tongue.gif

#7 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Ooooh israeli politics... now that's dirty!

Bring on the mud!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 6 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second Mik3 on this one.

I apologize for expecting you all to act better than politicians do.

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Nov 6 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a forum full of shippers, Sakura-chan. I think you might be asking a bit much. tongue.gif

Ah, so because we're a forum full of shippers we're obviously incapable of having mature, civilized conversations mellow.gif

My bad. I obviously believed in you all too much, and set what I thought were fairly easy to reach standards, just a bit out of your capable reach. I'm sorry about that.

Here, I'll remedy the situation immediately.

Thread closed.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

I've been convinced to re-open this thread. However the same rules that I posted in my first post still apply. If you guys can't handle them, then I suggest that you just don't post in this thread.

#10 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

Can I talk about Proposition Eight in California?

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Nov 8 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I talk about Proposition Eight in California?

Um, yeah. The only thing I asked people not to do was bash, which I didn't realize would be such a hard thing not to do.

You can disagree or agree with something as much as you want. The only thing I was saying not to do, was to diss anyone who had a different opinion from you or others, on a particular subject.

#12 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

Well then I sall lay down my opion on the reactions of LGBT organisations after Prop 8 passed. And Ishould say that they are just hurting them selves with their protests. By golly they're are protesting in LA, Wilshire Blvd near where I live, and by golly LA is one of the most liberal cities on this side of the Milky Way. I mean did they even look at the spread of votes? Most of NO votes came from metropolitan areas like LA, SD and SF but majority, nearly all of YES votes came from the backcountry of CA.

Another thing, my friend was driving down Wilshire, the night they were protesting, to get some stuff done, but he was stuck on Wilshire because of their manifestation. When he asked them to kinldy let him move one of the protesters said "If I can't marry, you can't drive!". I mean they are protesting in LA for God's sake. They should get their goals straght, they want to poison lives of the people who supported them? I don't see any logic in that.

And I'm not an intolerant person or an homophobe but I'm also an traditionalists and yes eventhough I supported Barack Obama I'm a Republican. I do support the Homosexual cause for marrige but I don't support their reaction towards the results.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#13 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

QFT, though peole still shouldnt bash here, not saying you were gonna,

As for me I think it's too bad prop eight passed, but thats my opinioin anyway and I respect those who disagree with me, that's probably it for me im done with politics till the next election

#14 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

It's called a sense of humor, Sakura-chan. Yikes.

QUOTE (Pite @ Nov 8 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well then I sall lay down my opion on the reactions of LGBT organisations after Prop 8 passed. And Ishould say that they are just hurting them selves with their protests. By golly they're are protesting in LA, Wilshire Blvd near where I live, and by golly LA is one of the most liberal cities on this side of the Milky Way. I mean did they even look at the spread of votes? Most of NO votes came from metropolitan areas like LA, SD and SF but majority, nearly all of YES votes came from the backcountry of CA.

Another thing, my friend was driving down Wilshire, the night they were protesting, to get some stuff done, but he was stuck on Wilshire because of their manifestation. When he asked them to kinldy let him move one of the protesters said "If I can't marry, you can't drive!". I mean they are protesting in LA for God's sake. They should get their goals straght, they want to poison lives of the people who supported them? I don't see any logic in that.

And I'm not an intolerant person or an homophobe but I'm also an traditionalists and yes eventhough I supported Barack Obama I'm a Republican. I do support the Homosexual cause for marrige but I don't support their reaction towards the results.

Actually, if you look at the county-by-county results, LA county actually had a majority of "Yes" votes. Also, protesting in the in rural areas really does not make a lot of sense. There's no one there to see you. This isn't a presidential election where it's decided on electoral votes or something; it's based solely on population, and nowhere in California is the population greater than in Los Angeles.

Furthermore, they aren't trying to sway people right now. The election was just a few days ago so there won't even be another one for a year. They're just pissed off. Wouldn't you be? The solution to their problem now is if the state supreme court rules that this was a constitutional revision instead of a constitutional amendment. The former would have required a vote in the legislature.

#15 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

Last time I saw an CNN it was different that LA, SD and SF had majority of NO votes, but maybe I'm wrong.

But isn't it that the protests will harm them than good? People get angry and come to despise peoplewho obstruct their way of life. They said that the Prop.8 will not affect the people whether not will it be passed yet we see that it does affect people, and that isn't good for those who wanted the Prop.8 to be dropped.

#16 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

What else would you have them do? If a bunch of people campaigned to get a law passed that said you couldn't get married, what would you do?

#17 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

What they could do? Stop wasting other's time for first. We know that you're right have been viplated, but for god's skaes I still got my own life, thanks." What I would do? Move away from California maybe. I would do so, when the society cannot bechanged or is against you, you run away. I mean African-American slaves didn't stay in the South when the Civil War was near end, 1million of them ran towards the North, they couldn't change the society, so they moved.

#18 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:20 AM

Ill just stay outta this. Im not going to put a foot in my mouth especially since I did no bashing. Forget standards.
\

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

What do you guys think about the Israel lobby? To be honest,I believe Obama would be supporting Palestine & compromise with both of them better & not one-sided (with Israel) if it wasn't for the lobbyists I reeeeaaaallly hope my country's next president could convince him about changing his opinions towards the peace for the Mideast. oh,BTW I'm not trying to be anti-semit here.

Edited by Newkerz, 09 November 2008 - 12:53 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#20 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

Threats against Obama spike to a record high:

http://news.yahoo.co...r/obama_threats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users