95 replies to this topic

#41 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Naruto, and the anime ending ti Love Hina.

The whole Love Hina anime was an abomination.

#42 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

Was it really?

I was young to notice the flaw, let alone anything else. lol. This is when Naruto was new to me.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 22 April 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#43 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Was it really?

I was young to notice the flaw, let alone anything else. lol. This is when Naruto was new to me.

I admit I am biased because I LOVE and still love the Love Hina manga. I'm not really into the harem genre, but I really got into this one. I felt the the anime messed with the artwork, added some unnecessary filler characters, and screwed with the storyline a lot forcing them to rush the ending with a bunch of movies. 

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

I admit I am biased because I LOVE and still love the Love Hina manga. I'm not really into the harem genre, but I really got into this one. I felt the the anime messed with the artwork, added some unnecessary filler characters, and screwed with the storyline a lot forcing them to rush the ending with a bunch of movies. 

I see what you mean. I guess I have to see it again.

#45 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

The manga to Tokyo Ghoul- if it never had a sequel: It's not a bad ending in my eyes, but it would have been the most unsatisfying ending I've ever seen in any manga.

Apparently, the anime to Akame ga Kill also had a horrible ending in which the MC died even though he isn't dead in the manga yet. Lots of retcons with the chraracters' deaths- so I've been told.

Edited by trang95, 22 April 2015 - 04:31 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#46 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

The Manga to Tokyo Ghoul if it never had a a sequel: It's not a bad ending in my eyes, but it would have been the most unsatisfying ending I've ever seen in any manga.
Apparently, Akame ga Kill also had a horrible ending in which the MC died even though he isn't dead in the manga yet. Lots of retcons with the chraracters' deaths- so I've been told.

It would have been a huge kitten you to us, that's for sure. Horrible, I wouldn't say that but it would have been "That's cold..." and yeah, dissatisfying. And here I thought the story is all about who's going to suffer next have I not know who is the protagonist of the sequel.

#47 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

So was the manga better?

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#48 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

So was the manga better?

Usually, the original is better than the adaptation.
In this case, love hina manga > love hina anime.

#49 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

So was the manga better?

It was,  better by far actually

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#50 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

I haven't seen a ton and usually get into stories that are already finished and well loved, but

Aside from Naruto as an obvious...
I didn't like the Dragon Ball ending. (Only read it in the manga to see basically what happened. I imagine the anime expands on it more.) I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but my heart isn't okay with it.

Vampire Knight. Okay, I do NOT know the manga ending, don't tell me what it is. I have heard it's bad, though. But I really didn't like the anime ending, it hurt.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#51 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

It's like...not only did this happen, but....Let's say you read a story for years- the entire story seems planned out and you see this adorable relationship between a father and daughter- only to read at the end of the manga that they were never related to begin with and they try to have babies with each other after finding this out. So basically, a tad bit worse than Naruto's ending. Its disgusting, out of place, and it kind of infers that the author only wrote that in to appease otaku fans, in all honesty.

Hmmmm true true, and honestly even if you wasn't related to that person, you should still get grossed out about the fact that you're dating and making love with the person that had changed your diapers.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#52 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Do you really want me to spoil it for?

Yep. I'm probably not going to ever watch the anime or read the manga.

#53 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:07 AM

Yep. I'm probably not going to ever watch the anime or read the manga.

Then to answer your question, yes.

#54 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

So was the manga better?

Yes. Much, much better. I don't know why, but it's one of my all-time favorites.

#55 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

Yes. Much, much better. I don't know why, but it's one of my all-time favorites.

MIne too, the manga just fills me up with the feels

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#56 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:55 AM

Then to answer your question, yes.

Urgg.... that's just messed up...

#57 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Don't know why I didn't mention it before, but another horrible anime ending was Chrno Crusade. Stupidly random plot twist towards the end and just horrendously depressing. Actually when compared to the manga as a whole the anime adaptation overall is extremely subpar; while the manga does have a huge info dump in the final volume and leaves some frustrating unanswered questions, the ending itself is easily one of the most emotionally potent final few pages I've ever read. Just... ugh the emotions it gives me. It's seriously beautiful and heart wrenching.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 27 April 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#58 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

Don't know why I didn't mention it before, but another horrible anime ending was Chrno Crusade. Stupidly random plot twist towards the end and just horrendously depressing. Actually when compared to the manga as a whole the anime adaptation overall is extremely subpar; while the manga does have a huge info dump in the final volume and leaves some frustrating unanswered questions, the ending itself is easily one of the most emotionally potent final few pages I've ever read. Just... ugh the emotions it gives me. It's seriously beautiful and heart wrenching.

Chrono crusade manga > chrono crusade anime, anytime anyday.

The last page, the feel.

#59 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Urgg.... that's just messed up...

Yeah, I regret ever finding out.

#60 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance): *sigh* This anime... I honestly don't know how to feel towards it. Here's the thing. When you listen to a classic piece of music, let's say Mozart or Beethoven, you know that it is a critically an acclaimed work, many people nowadays will nonetheless be bored by it. Some people though will appreciate what they are listening to and give the piece of music the credit they deserve.

In a way, that's how I view Zankyou no Terror: I'm aware of the the fact that it is a good anime, but I'd by lying if I said that I'd completely enjoyed it. And the ending... It wasn't bad, but I hate these types of endings nonetheless. It's hard to swallow such endings.

The main reason I started this anime was b/c I've found out that the director of this anime also directed Cowboy Bebop.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users