So Kishi did another interview.  We may need a translator though

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:00 AM

There's already a little part of it translated and surprise, surprise...it looks like we got our typical Kishi  BS :facepalm: 

http://sparda3g.tumb...-your-favourite

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

Gotta love how they always avoid the NS development like it never happened. 

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#4 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

It's pretty funny how he never seems to have very good things to say about NH/SS. 
"Yeah, Hinata is the 'sit-in-the-shadows-and-do-nothing' kind of heroine."

"Sasuke was pretty much a drug for Sakura."

[sarcasm]Our lovely, canon pairings, guys.  :wow: [/sarcasm]

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#5 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

I read about this interview elsewhere. Why is it not surprising to me that Kishi would become tongue-tied when it comes to justifying SS? You're damn right it's contrived. How can you justify someone sacrificing every ounce of dignity, their family, their friends, and their dreams just to be with an enigmatic stranger whom she knows nothing about and has spurned her advances in some of the cruelest manners possible just to be with someone who never loved her? The tragedy writes itself.

What about the fact that the first thing which comes to mind when thinking about Hinata are her breasts? That's not what this Taniguchi person was apparently thinking about when remarking how Hinata was their favourite character. Is that all Kishi is able to reflect on when it comes to the wife of his supposed avatar who forsook everything he once stood for to appease a girl who was just as fanatically obsessed with him "like a drug" as Sakura was to Sasuke? That doesn't even make sense. So by that logic, was Ino addicted to Sasuke and Sai "like a drug"? What about every other fangirl who misconstrued hormonal lust for being genuine altruistic love?  

I hope Kishi appreciates his own handiwork. His personal self-assurances, Pierrot, and the lines of nH/SS fans are all he has left. 

#6 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

Well... I may come back and write an indepth opinon peice about the interview... but for now all I can say is... Beta Males, am I right?

#7 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

I read about this interview elsewhere. Why is it not surprising to me that Kishi would become tongue-tied when it comes to justifying SS? You're damn right it's contrived. How can you justify someone sacrificing every ounce of dignity, their family, their friends, and their dreams just to be with an enigmatic stranger whom she knows nothing about and has spurned her advances in some of the cruelest manners possible just to be with someone who never loved her? The tragedy writes itself.

What about the fact that the first thing which comes to mind when thinking about Hinata are her breasts? That's not what this Taniguchi person was apparently thinking about when remarking how Hinata was their favourite character. Is that all Kishi is able to reflect on when it comes to the wife of his supposed avatar who forsook everything he once stood for to appease a girl who was just as fanatically obsessed with him "like a drug" as Sakura was to Sasuke? That doesn't even make sense. So by that logic, was Ino addicted to Sasuke and Sai "like a drug"? What about every other fangirl who misconstrued hormonal lust for being genuine altruistic love?  

I hope Kishi appreciates his own handiwork. His personal self-assurances, Pierrot, and the lines of nH/SS fans are all he has left. 

^^ And general fans that don't give a damn about story plot development and characterization  :zaru:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#8 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Holy kitten... I read part of the interview translated and honestly it makes me want to fly to Japan and smack Kishimoto for saying such things. How could he do such things to his characters? This is a new low even for him, and this just further cements why Naruto has gone down the tubes thanks to its creator and some anime studio that has too much say so in things.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#9 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Holy kitten... I read part of the interview translated and honestly it makes me want to fly to Japan and smack Kishimoto for saying such things. How could he do such things to his characters? This is a new low even for him, and this just further cements why Naruto has gone down the tubes thanks to its creator and some anime studio that has too much say so in things.

I can't believe it myself. And I can't believe this franchise is the biggest inspiration for my novel series I'm writting.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

I'm sorry, but I still think there is something we are missing. Something in between the lines. Kishimoto is a man who said "Treat your characters right cause they can take you places you never thought you could go" or something, but this got me thinking....why does Kishimoto talk so negative about his work? I mean, he makes it seem like all his characters are shallow, he contradicts not only himself, but also what he even wrote in the story. Nothing is adding up properly and I am not sure why. There is this puzzle piece that is not fitting right and all I can think of is this...

Kishimoto really did lose control of his own creation. He made the comment that people only liked Hinata for his boobs and Sakura's love is so shallow she is a drug addict...maybe this is him taking a stab at the fandom for putting so much into pairings that he didn't want but was forced to do. Would you believe it if this was the case?

I can't help it, but something is itching me at this. It's something I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe Kishimoto is not as bad as we think...maybe he is a victim like we all are. You know what I mean? Just...I don't know...Kishimoto just changed so radically it is unbelievable. So if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Something is up, but they aren't saying the real truth of it all.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

I'm sorry, but I still think there is something we are missing. Something in between the lines. Kishimoto is a man who said "Treat your characters right cause they can take you places you never thought you could go" or something, but this got me thinking....why does Kishimoto talk so negative about his work? I mean, he makes it seem like all his characters are shallow, he contradicts not only himself, but also what he even wrote in the story. Nothing is adding up properly and I am not sure why. There is this puzzle piece that is not fitting right and all I can think of is this...

Kishimoto really did lose control of his own creation. He made the comment that people only liked Hinata for his boobs and Sakura's love is so shallow she is a drug addict...maybe this is him taking a stab at the fandom for putting so much into pairings that he didn't want but was forced to do. Would you believe it if this was the case?

I can't help it, but something is itching me at this. It's something I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe Kishimoto is not as bad as we think...maybe he is a victim like we all are. You know what I mean? Just...I don't know...Kishimoto just changed so radically it is unbelievable. So if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Something is up, but they aren't saying the real truth of it all.

You're preaching to the choir, James. It would be fitting if this is the case, but he still allowed the damage to happen, which is why we are still pissed, even after all this time.

The way Kishimoto is acting, he also reminds me of the guys behind The Legend of Korra who all said Korra and Asami's relationship was going to be shown from the beginning, which I call BS on just as I did with Kishimoto saying the same thing regarding NH. It's just their trying to appeal to those who want to see what they want to see without real process of their story. I can get behind it, I just feel in the long run, if you're gonna do something in a story...have it PLANNED from the start. Show it slowly and steadily. Don't just go "Oh, we had this all in mind from day 1!", especially at the expense of something else (since one of them, Bryan Konietzko, I think, claimed that Aang and Katara in Avatar: The Last Airbender felt "forced", even when it was developed from square one! X-P).

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 19 July 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#12 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

You're preaching to the choir, James. It would be fitting if this is the case, but he still allowed the damage to happen, which is why we are still pissed, even after all this time.

The way Kishimoto is acting, he also reminds me of the guys behind The Legend of Korra who all said Korra and Asami's relationship was going to be shown from the beginning, which I call BS on just as I did with Kishimoto saying the same thing regarding NH. It's just their trying to appeal to those who want to see what they want to see without real process of their story. I can get behind it, I just feel in the long run, if you're gonna do something in a story...have it PLANNED from the start. Show it slowly and steadily. Don't just go "Oh, we had this all in mind from day 1!", especially at the expense of something else (since one of them, Bryan Konietzko, I think, claimed that Aang and Katara in Avatar: The Last Airbender felt "forced", even when it was developed from square one! X-P).

I largely agree with you both. Things just took such a drastic turn in the end of the manga and subsequent material/interviews. It's just so strange.

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

I'm pissing myself tbh. I'm so glad to not be NH/SS right now. I'd hate to be in their shoes. Their ship is drowning in Kishi's kitten

ナルサク

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

I'm pissing myself tbh. I'm so glad to not be NH/SS right now. I'd hate to be in their shoes. Their ship is drowning in Kishi's kitten

I know how you feel, girl. X-D And yet they are in denial mode 101.

#15 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

i chanced upon the interview from a chinese forum.. x not that it matters much but this version says 

"hinata is the kind of heroine that support others from the background" instead of "watching" from the tumblr version.

the other kana boon members like chouji, lee, and itachi.

one of the member asked "how did lee pass the genin exam with no ninjutsu skill?", and kishi answered "I feel that he passed in another exam, like the taijutsu kind(laugh)"

that's all. no other info about naruto-verse unless anybody want to know about boruto the movie.. still annoyed that kishi dismissed sakura like she's just another one dimensional harem love chara.. ugh.

Edited by Hanabi, 19 July 2015 - 04:06 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

tbh I don't care if somehow he is a "victim", the story was his to begin with, everything that happened to it ultimately is his responsibility, in my view I don't care if he was forced and just didn't had enough of a spine to fight against SJ or SP, its still his fault for not being faithful to his creation and not being a good author overall

Edited by Nar123, 19 July 2015 - 04:13 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#17 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

So, Kishimoto admits that any reason Sakura could have for liking Sasuke would sound contrived?  At least he has the sense to realize that much, but apparently it wasn't enough to stop him from writing it. He really just digs himself a deeper and deeper grave every time he opens his mouth.

#18 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

So, Kishimoto admits that any reason Sakura could have for liking Sasuke would sound contrived?  At least he has the sense to realize that much, but apparently it wasn't enough to stop him from writing it. He really just digs himself a deeper and deeper grave every time he opens his mouth.

Siggy avatartar :wow: Buddybuddy!!
I like.

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

Siggy avatartar :wow: Buddybuddy!!
I like.

I was in the mood for a PH set. :smug:  And the pic as my avatar was just too adorable not to use.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 19 July 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#20 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

tbh I don't care if somehow he is a "victim", the story was his to begin with, everything that happened to it ultimately is his responsibility, in my view I don't care if he was forced and just didn't had enough of a spine to fight against SJ or SP, its still his fault for not being faithful to his creation and not being a good author overall

Agreed. This is HIS story. Bottom line. Everything wrong with it, is because of what he did. Whether it came directly from him, or because he wasn't strong enough to stand up for himself. Either way it's his fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users