• Please log in to reply
8039 replies to this topic

#101 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a special forum set up for LuffyxNami discussion and dissection of the latest chapters of One Piece, in the same vein as this one is for Naruto and Sakura?
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#102 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

I honestly doubt it, but I'd suggest you try google for it. To be honest, I think this is pretty much one of a kind!!

#103 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Oh man, the latest chapter had me tearing up. Bon-chan is now, without a doubt, my favorite character. He's fighting man eating demon-wolves in a blizzard without any clothes, all for the sake of friendship.

Join the crew, already! You're crazy awesome beyond all reason!

Okama-Way!

#104 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

New Chapter: www.onemanga.com/one_piece/537/

Ok how in the hell did Nami get there (and yes its Nami not Bon Clay in disquise cuz Bon Clay is in freezing hell Nami is in burning hell)? Could this possibly mean that all the Strawhats got there somehow? If so talk about the most convenient Deus Ex Machina ever.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 27 March 2009 - 02:50 AM.

uc.png

#105 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

"Okama in Hell"...weirdest chapter title ever...

Color spreads looked great as usual.

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 27 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Chapter: www.onemanga.com/one_piece/537/

Ok how in the hell did Nami get there (and yes its Nami not Bon Clay in disquise cuz Bon Clay is in freezing hell Nami is in burning hell)? Could this possibly mean that all the Strawhats got there somehow? If so talk about the most convenient Deus Ex Machina ever.

It is Bon Clay - it's a flashback to how he tricked (and tied up) Hannyabal so he could take his place

#106 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

Open mouth, insert foot. tongue.gif

uc.png

#107 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:20 AM

Hmm, not much going on in this chapter. Basically just filler explanation for what happened to all the people that disappeared.

I have to say, I did not think Iva would look like THAT. I love her/his powers, though. Boob Punch!

Edited by Gravity, 27 March 2009 - 05:58 AM.

#108 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

new chapter out.

we get a better understanding about ivan and his powers.

and luffy continues to surprise with his will power and healing.

#109 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

The more we learn about the current World Government, the more I hope they get toppled before the end of the series. A floor in their prison for people they don't want to admit exist... How cruel. Oda-sensei seems to have set out to make a truly evil group, and damn, has he delivered.

Iva-san certainly has an interesting view on life, s/he does. Certainly makes sense with the way the world works.

Bon Clay just keeps earning more awesome points in my book, sticking with Luffy through all of that.

And the teaser for the next chapter certainly is fitting. "He's back!" indeed.

#110 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:48 AM

i dont really see them as evil. level six is for people who are did unbelievably evil acts or people who were personal threats to the world gov. hence why people like ace, jinbei, and croc are down there.

#111 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (max acorn @ Apr 3 2009, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont really see them as evil. level six is for people who are did unbelievably evil acts or people who were personal threats to the world gov. hence why people like ace, jinbei, and croc are down there.

They're there because the World Government decided what they did was evil, or a threat to the world. They decide what's right and what's wrong, but are corrupt to the level where they take too many wrong turns. If a pirate gets public admiration, that would be a threat to the world government, hence there can be no pirate king. To be honest, the World Government reminds me alot of Robert Mugabe's rule of Zimbabwe.

Oda really did create one of the most diabolical prisons I've seen in a manga, and it's so much fun to read. I have to say though, Monkey D. Luffy just keeps on giving fuel to my inner fanboy. With his lifeblood oozing out from under the door where he faced a 3% chance of survival, Luffy is probably the only one who would stubbornly finish the healing faster, only to yell out "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD". <- how awesome is he?

#112 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

so you think people like crocodile dont belong down there? he purposefully threw a entire nation into chaos and was willing to wipe out a entire city. sure the WG arent the most noble of organizations but not everyone in impel down arent angels.

#113 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

I know that. I'm just saying not all of the people down there are bad. They're just a threat of some sort against the World Government, and they're already corrupt as hell. Crocodile can stay there for all I care!

Anyway, anyone hyped for next week's chapter after Luffy pulling his miracle revival? I can't wait to see him free Ace, and I'm hoping it will be a bro-team up again! This arc is so awesome!

#114 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Oh man, this chapter had EPIC written all over it in neon print. Bon Clay is 99% assured of being the newest Straw Hat now. It's not often that Luffy actually gets formal with someone, even if they're passed out at the time.

And man, I did not see Iva being one of Dragon's nakama. That man keeps weird company. O_o

The question now is, how are these guys going to deal with Magellan and all the other wardens? They're hardly pushovers on their own, and Luffy almost died to Magellan once already. Hmm, I guess Ace might end up fighting him. A Fire man should be able to beat a Poison man.

#115 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

I'm pretty sure Bon Clay won't ever be part of the crew, since his voice actor (Kazuki Yao) is the voice of Franky, and their voices would be too similar. I mean... just imagine Bon Clay, Franky and Jango talking together! XD

It would have been cool though. I do love the guy, but I just think he'll be another one of the good friends who'll cry happy tears when they see Luffy crowned as the Pirate King in the end. Hehe!

#116 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

You can't base it on the voice actors, as Oda-sensei really has the final say on his story. Besides, I've seen plenty of series where one person voices damn near the entire cast. And whether or not the same person voices them, Franky and Bon Clay sound completely different, in voice and mannerisms.

As well, I don't think there's any reason for him to have brought in Bon Clay at this point in time, and have him go through all of that mess in the prison with the wardens, the monsters, and the wolves, only to pull a Vivi on us. It would just be bad story telling.

#117 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

I think they sound similar, but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Bon Clay will join the crew though, but only time (or Oda) can tell! Let's just wait and see what happens, and in the meantime... we'll get to enjoy epic battles!

Man, I hope Ace will fight. It would be awesome if Jinbei got to rampage a bit as well!

#118 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Luffy, Iva, Inazuma, Crocodile, Jinbei...

This is like a fan's wet dream. Oda-sensei knows how to make epic even more epic.

Geez, and the real fight hasn't even begun yet. This is shaping up to be AWESOME SQUARED.

#119 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Apr 24 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luffy, Iva, Inazuma, Crocodile, Jinbei...

This is like a fan's wet dream. Oda-sensei knows how to make epic even more epic.

Geez, and the real fight hasn't even begun yet. This is shaping up to be AWESOME SQUARED.

-giggles like a school girl- I know. And how about that color page. I swear he is the only manga artist who truly loves to imagine and draw. :teehee:

#120 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

I just wonder whether people here hate Hancock as much as some other people do? Me I think she is a great character and i love how the Pirate Empress is like a shy school girl around Luffy. I dont care if she joins the crew or not I just want to see more of her story.

There has to be some reason Oda has detailed her so much

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)