53 replies to this topic

#21 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

I finally got to read the chapter and the first question that popped into my head was, do the other kage just live in konoha now? Why the hell are they always conveniently present everytime naruto wants a meeting? Don't they have their own villages to rule over?

And i love how naruto was willing to be more of a father to some strange, shady kid instead of his own son.

Also, don't you guys think that sakura shouldve been the one diagnosing and studying kawaki? Being a medic nin is her whole thing afterall. Doesn't she run the hospital or something? Every chapter is stranger, i swear.

As for art, i say ikemoto is drawing naruto better but only naruto. Everyone else still looks horrible. XD

Wasn't Sakura having money troubles if she does run the hospital?

#22 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:31 PM

Wasn't Sakura having money troubles if she does run the hospital?

To be honest, i think kishi wasnt serious about sakuras financial troubles. I think he just threw that fact in there for a joke and now nobodys going to mention that ever again. Just like all the other plot points in the story that were mentioned in the original series butbnever followed through with.

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:41 AM

I finally got to read the chapter and the first question that popped into my head was, do the other kage just live in konoha now? Why the hell are they always conveniently present everytime naruto wants a meeting? Don't they have their own villages to rule over?

And i love how naruto was willing to be more of a father to some strange, shady kid instead of his own son.

Also, don't you guys think that sakura shouldve been the one diagnosing and studying kawaki? Being a medic nin is her whole thing afterall. Doesn't she run the hospital or something? Every chapter is stranger, i swear.

As for art, i say ikemoto is drawing naruto better but only naruto. Everyone else still looks horrible. XD

Oh finally someone wants to comment on that!

You see stuff like this happen when a new writer (especially bad ones) takes over such as in sequels remakes comics fanfiction ect. The new writer is reluctant to add new characters for the new story. Since their new character may not be as well liked as the old ones, or laziness. So, they instead just overly rely on old characters to do everything; no matter how unnatural it is. Here, the scene is suppose to be a meeting to show that Naruto was going to make nail his ward, and why that was so important as well as the risk involved. Now a better writer would have had this be a meeting between important people within the village. However, this would have require him to create a group of people that run the village, think up a system of how the village is run, and think of the relation of both this group and Naruto/Hokage as well as the individual members to each other. So it just easier that apparently the kage drop everything to go to another village to talk to one another, and agree on the plan that kage was already planning to carry out anyways.

Well it because he can better relate and understand any random person then he can the children he supposedly raise for twelve years. Especially ones that he can relate to being made into a human weapon, or an uchiha.

Three possibilities:

One) They forgot. The three clowns are not that smart, or they don't care.

Two) They for various reasons don't want to use Sakura. 

Three) Similar to the kage meeting bit bad writing and laziness, They seem to just want to use Sleazy inventor as their super science guy that can explain everything even though last chapter he plainly made it clear biology wasn't his area of expertise, and he was just guessing what was up with Nail. Now that he is the guy they are using to explain this he is suddenly an medical expert who knowledge surpasses Tsunade.

Looking at the cover picture you can tell that Naruto is a sketch of some random japanese guy who Ikemoto then awkwardly slapped both the blond hair, and the whiskers on. He has improve in the two years he been doing this manga. However he can only really draw Naruto style background, and his own original character well. This is also a problem since he has been drawing professionally -more importantly that entire time working on the Naruto franchise- for up to 18 years by this point, and this is where he is at.

To be honest, i think kishi wasnt serious about sakuras financial troubles. I think he just threw that fact in there for a joke and now nobodys going to mention that ever again. Just like all the other plot points in the story that were mentioned in the original series butbnever followed through with.

Pretty much. It happened so she would be unconscious so Salad couldn't just confront her about the photo. It was also an attempt at humor by kishi like that fat filler was throughout the entire story. Also I think it was also just as stab because it feels that by this point he had come to completely hate the ending.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 August 2018 - 01:38 PM.

#24 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM

So the retarded inventor guy was allowed to keep his position after almost destroying the world by shooting that device at the Otsutsuki not because they're trying to stay true to the philosophy of forgiving everyone no matter how stupid it is, but just because the writers are too stupid to come up with another original character or to repurpose an existing one. That's good to know.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:16 AM

So the retarded inventor guy was allowed to keep his position after almost destroying the world by shooting that device at the Otsutsuki not because they're trying to stay true to the philosophy of forgiving everyone no matter how stupid it is, but just because the writers are too stupid to come up with another original character or to repurpose an existing one. That's good to know.

Pretty much. They didn't even bother to make more scientists/inventors other then his female assistant (who looks like an adult Salad.) So the forgiveness is just an excuse not to make more characters. Even Sleazy inventor is possibly a kishimoto character.

Most of the new characters are both generic, and don't look or feel like Naruto universe characters. The new firelord, his son, the butler, molding cannibal, the clone is from the anime, and even the villains Kara look like they belong in another manga. Nail the closest they got to a Naruto looking character and he just a Sasuke rip off. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 August 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#26 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:29 PM

Oh finally someone wants to comment on that!

You see stuff like this happen when a new writer (especially bad ones) takes over such as in sequels remakes comics fanfiction ect. The new writer is reluctant to add new characters for the new story. Since their new character may not be as well liked as the old ones, or laziness. So, they instead just overly rely on old characters to do everything; no matter how unnatural it is. Here, the scene is suppose to be a meeting to show that Naruto was going to make nail his ward, and why that was so important as well as the risk involved. Now a better writer would have had this be a meeting between important people within the village. However, this would have require him to create a group of people that run the village, think up a system of how the village is run, and think of the relation of both this group and Naruto/Hokage as well as the individual members to each other. So it just easier that apparently the kage drop everything to go to another village to talk to one another, and agree on the plan that kage was already planning to carry out anyways.

But thats the thing, bail.. I don't think they're utilizing old characters very well either. They could've put kakashi, gai, kurenai, anko, hiashi, yamato or ibiki for a village council. There are so many old characters from the village of konoha that couldve made more sense then the other kage for this meeting. Kodachi or ikemoto don't have to make new characters for a village council, the old ones are just as good. I think the problem is that they have no clue about the naruto universe. They are just living in this tiny bubble where only naruhina and their half-hyuga lineage matter. They have forgotten the history and all the past side characters that actually made the shinobi world of naruto.

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

But that's the thing, bail.. I don't think they're utilizing old characters very well either. They could've put kakashi, gai, kurenai, anko, hiashi, yamato or ibiki for a village council. There are so many old characters from the village of konoha that could've made more sense then the other kage for this meeting. Kodachi or ikemoto don't have to make new characters for a village council, the old ones are just as good. I think the problem is that they have no clue about the naruto universe. They are just living in this tiny bubble where only naruhina and their half-hyuga lineage matter. They have forgotten the history and all the past side characters that actually made the shinobi world of naruto.

Of course they aren't using the old characters well, and you are right; they are playing in a small world of nH that is simply repeating the story of Naruto. 

Like I said before, that scene is suppose to show that their was an important meeting about Naruto taking Nail on as his ward, and the dangers he represented. The thing is they aren't smart enough to either realized that this should have been a meeting of important people in the village, or create a system the governs konoha beyond Naruto is hokage. So, they instead copy the meeting from the gaiden. From what I can recall they made it clear that it actually incredibly difficult to get the kages together, and whatever Sasuke had to say in that meeting had to be important. In the gaiden, it was because Sasuke was going to go on a long term investigation on Kaguya, he may enter their countries during he journey so fyi, and lets try to keep it a secret. In Boruto, it is to inform them of a situation Naruto already has under control, has already put a plan into action that really only effect his village, and at best maybe call the others to inform them. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 August 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#28 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

Its messed up how the other kages have nothing better to do then to follow naruto around. And just like all the other characters, i bet they forgot sakura is the head medic nin.

Anyways, heres a great nH moment from the new chapter. The only thing naruto can compliment hinata on is her cooking anyways. :yes:

Attached File  39 copy.png   64.16KB   9 downloads

#29 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:03 PM

Its messed up how the other kages have nothing better to do then to follow naruto around. And just like all the other characters, i bet they forgot sakura is the head medic nin.

Anyways, heres a great nH moment from the new chapter. The only thing naruto can compliment hinata on is her cooking anyways. :yes:

attachicon.gif39 copy.png

My boy Ikemoto killing it with the art style!! Hinata oozing sex appeal. You can tell that Naruto is barely holding himself back from putting his mummified hand all over her. Good thing we got this pairing or we'd miss out on amazing kitten like this.

Edited by DrK, 25 August 2018 - 08:05 PM.

#30 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

My boy Ikemoto killing it with the art style!! Hinata oozing sex appeal. You can tell that Naruto is barely holding himself back from putting his mummified hand all over her. Good thing we got this pairing or we'd miss out on amazing kitten like this.

Naruto looks fine but hinata looks like a child. Wtf?! XD

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Anyways, here's a great nH moment from the new chapter. The only thing naruto can compliment hinata on is her cooking anyways. :yes:

The still a medic nin (not sure if she is the head of the hospital though) is really from the anime since they need to keep SS happy to keep the lights on.

She has the face of the child as well as hair from a century ago...can someone confirm but I think her breast are sagging or something?

#32 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

The still a medic nin (not sure if she is the head of the hospital though) is really from the anime since they need to keep SS happy to keep the lights on.

She has the face of the child as well as hair from a century ago...can someone confirm but I think her breast are sagging or something?

You really want someone to confirm that for you even though it means they'd end up dead like Neji?

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:31 AM

EXACTLY. They discard and draw new morals and messages at the drop of a hat :zaru: all that matters is that this story is about those's anti-social otakus' big-boobed, blind looking Princess' hell-spawn, to be proof that  that she and their "self insert" F%@#ED :th_yeah:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 August 2018 - 01:32 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Oh yeah just wanted to add how strangely unappealing Ikemotos art is. Like, its not anatomically wrong, his linework is fine, the dynamic poses are interesting and i like how he colors page spreads yet somehow he manages to make the characters look ugly. I think the way he draws the eyes and the shape of the faces makes the characters unappealing to look at. Look at hinata, she doesn't look like a 30 year old, grown woman.. she looks like shes 14 which is terrifying, theres no maturity in her face. Salads facial features are those of a child but her facial expressions are that of a grown up which is equally unsettling when you see what she wears and what she says.

#35 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

From what I can tell, he is trying to make the characters look more realistic; since that allows him to then base his characters off of portrait sketches of people. While trying to keep some of the art looking Kishimoto's style. So the art becomes a mixed mess.

Naruto looks better now probably because Kishimoto finally giving Ikemoto advice on how to draw him.

Salad is they are trying to make her look appealing, but instead of going for cute they went with sexy...for a twelve year old.

Hinata has an anime face. Its a face that only works in anime, and if you try to put it in anything else it looks awful. Either she would have a pudgy round face Kishi art gives her, or the ethereal youthful ageless goddess SP tries to make her into.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 August 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#36 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

SP makes hinata look like shes had multiple plastic surgeries. I swear, her eye shape has changed like 3-4 times in recent promo art and episodes. I have enough evidence, i might make an entire post about it. XD

#37 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:21 AM

SP makes hinata look like shes had multiple plastic surgeries. I swear, her eye shape has changed like 3-4 times in recent promo art and episodes. I have enough evidence, i might make an entire post about it. XD

Their obsession with making her perfect means they have to constantly touch her up to improve her in order for her to either reach perfection or maintain it. Also since this is one of the few characters the animators care about they all probably have their own version of a perfect Hinata. That or different animation studios are drawing her differently.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 August 2018 - 01:33 AM.

#38 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

Oh yeah just wanted to add how strangely unappealing Ikemotos art is. Like, its not anatomically wrong, his linework is fine, the dynamic poses are interesting and i like how he colors page spreads yet somehow he manages to make the characters look ugly. I think the way he draws the eyes and the shape of the faces makes the characters unappealing to look at. Look at hinata, she doesn't look like a 30 year old, grown woman.. she looks like shes 14 which is terrifying, theres no maturity in her face. Salads facial features are those of a child but her facial expressions are that of a grown up which is equally unsettling when you see what she wears and what she says.

Ikemoto's style isn't fit for shonen to me. At least, not Naruto's style. His style would fit in better in a seinen manga.

#39 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

Ikemoto's style isn't fit for shonen to me. At least, not Naruto's style. His style would fit in better in a seinen manga.

nah, he needs to recycle himself every Friday in the recycle bin re-occuringly until he gets at least 1 percent of decent drawing ability. But as I said, the drawing gods could literally grant him all of the drawing ability in the universe and he would still suck.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:29 PM

coincidentally enough, Kishi said the same thing about Naruto in its early days . He thought the artwork looked more like seinen than shonen

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users