12 replies to this topic

#1 elishalicious

elishalicious

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:24 PM

Wassup my homies. Hello? Uh hi? Hello everyone! ^_^ With the making of this post, I decided to come out of my shell, retire from my years of professionally lurking, and register for a site that has not only provided me much insight, but support and security. This site has been a safe haven for me to go on for awhile now, even before the ending of Naruto to be honest. Growing up with my two older brothers, we had a growing love for Toonami/Cartoon Network and all the classic tv shows/cartoons/animes that it showcased. Naruto has been one of the animes that I held close to heart, because as a young child, I felt so compelled of the underdog story of a boy who fought to rise above his condition. Or at least that's what my perspective was. Also for the majority of the manga, I felt that I was always a neutral fan. I never shipped anything at first, because the characters were too young and I was too young. Though I have to say, I use to dislike Sakura and I always hated SS with a burning passion. But when the end of Part I/Part II came along, I saw the character development of Sakura and the mutual growth of the relationship of Naruto and Sakura. It was inevitable to deny. There were so many components of their relationship. I mean, we saw them work together. We saw them laugh together. We saw them striving together for a similar goal and how they both affected each other both positively and mutually. Which is something that the other pairings didn't have. NS was written in itself among the story. My fondness of both Sakura/NS grew, even if I considered myself a neutral fan.

Over the years, I began to lose touch with Part 2 within the middle and fell behind many episodes, especially around 2011-early 2014. When the ending of Naruto came in late 2014, I was so confused and happy at the same time. Confused because I was like, "Woah, I didn't know Naruto ended! I thought it would never end!" and happy because I would finally get the chance to see the ending of the anime that I grew up with. However when the final chapters came, I truly was in awe. The plot holes, the character regression (good gawd the character regression), and so many other things got me in such denial. I didn't rage at first, I was just in pure denial. I honestly felt I was alone in my thoughts because everywhere I went, people were nonstop praising this horrible ending. It didn't matter if it was Youtube/Tumblr/Naruto forums/Reddit/etc. It was around the year of 2015 when I went out of denial and went into pure anger because I felt so alone. I watched pro sakura/anti SS and NH/pro NS/ or rather any neutral fans get literally bashed if they had a different opinion than the majority mass just because the "winning" pairings fans got what they wanted, out of pure character favoritism/popularity and greed. I couldn't go anywhere without getting bashed myself or watching people get bashed. It was just so saddening. I never seen a fandom like this. (But then again, I'm not part of much fandoms lol) But I can now say that everything just made me an NS fan and I'm damn proud to be one!

It was a few years ago that I discovered this site and I'm honestly glad that I did! I can go on a forum and read posts that share a similar thought to mine and I felt so secure. This is the only Naruto site that I visit, especially since the ending. Even if I just now became a member, I want to thank this site and everyone on here. Hopefully, I will feel very welcome because I'm slightly shy and I already wrote an essay for an introduction....I think I need to introduce myself now that I got everything out of my system lol..

My name is Elishalicious...um..I'm barely legal, I drink (caprisun) and drive, my mom has bad menopause and I still love her, I have a below average GPA, I like long walks on the beach....er yeah. So hello everyone and sorry for writing a long post! ^^

15zqerk.gif

#2 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hi, elisha! Welcome to this community! :wave:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

I like your long intro. Welcome to H&E.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#4 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

Welcome! This has been a safe haven for me as well and it served me well.

#5 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

Welcome in here, enjoy your stay!  :wave:

#6 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:31 AM

Welcome to H&E if you are interested in a new series try this one:

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15051 :twitch:

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:57 AM

Welcome to H&E if you are interested in a new series try this one:

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15051 :twitch:

Did Ash have a fever in that sig?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#8 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:11 AM

Did Ash have a fever in that sig?

Yes, in that scene Serena though Ash was going to confess.

Edited by Liu bie, 15 April 2016 - 02:12 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#9 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:43 AM

Hey there, elisha!

In my opinion, it's more fun to hang out with the neutral fans and the anti-ending fans these days because you won't find two people with the exact same reasons and feelings towards the Naruto series, which invites lots of discussion.

I'm a fairly new member too, but I hope you'll find lots to talk about here. :)

#10 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

:ohmy:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

Hi! Welcome to Heaven and Earth!

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#12 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Welcome to heaven and earth :D

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#13 elishalicious

elishalicious

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thank you guys so much for the welcome!!  :wub:  :lol:

15zqerk.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users