#21 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 19 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone see that Naruto grew even more?! Sakura is basically at shoulder-level now.

Can't wait for next chapter!

I noticed that too. Maybe he's going to be a giant like Jiraiya.

I'm glad Naruto was able to hold his own against them for a bit, especially after learning sage mode. I know he didn't use it yet, but his use of the shadow clones and his taijutsu has improved. So I'm glad he didn't get owned.

And as Shauna said, I really want Kishi to let Sakura land a punch. It's become too cliche where she pulls back for a punch and then she phailz! But really, she needs a training arc again. I understand she's kind of leaning on Naruto again, but that would make her as weak as Sakura part 1. Perhaps this reveal of Sasuke joining Akatsuki will make her train again.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#22 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

You know what kind of annoys me? Looking at other forums, and watching people wait for a Sakura/Karin right.... hoping that Sakura gets jealous, and fights with Karin over Sasuke.... /vomit

Anyway, forgot to mention, when Naruto grabbed the blade with his hands..EPIC.

#23 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

Naruto was cool in this chapter. biggrin.gif Did anyone else notice he was already reacting when Karui and Omoi revealed themselves in that full-page panel? It's a pity Sakura got hit before she could make a successful attack, but hopefully Kishimoto will make up for that. You can only fit so much into a chapter, after all, so Sakura's failure was likely designed to keep the fight short. (Naruto making Sakura his priority - Awww...)

Huh, I didn't notice Naruto had grown even taller than Sakura.

Really looking forward to the next chapter, I'd like to see more of Naruto and Sakura's reactions. How will Sakura feel about Sasuke potentially hunting Naruto for Akatsuki? What will happen at the 5 Kage meeting? Since Kakashi mentioned that Danzou's elevation to Hokage wasn't finalised, it's possible that Danzou will be killed/disgraced/dismissed before he can be finalised as Hokage! That'd be a relief to the army of fanfic writers who had Naruto as the Rokudaime Hokage. wink.gif Kishimoto would never mention that nugget if he didn't plan for Danzou to be quickly evicted from the post of Hokage - perhaps by an irate Tsunade?

EDIT: Just noticed the announcement of a new Naruto art book at the end of the chapter! Finally. biggrin.gif

#24 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I highly doubt Naruto being a Jinchuuriki is a secret from anyone anymore, it was mentioned in front of Team 10 by Kazuku in the Immortals Arc and Team 8 by Kakashi in the Capture Itachi Arc. And I'm certain at some point Team Gai learned too.

Yeah, no-one's been at all surprised sad.gif I think Kishi must have decided they all knew already. Shame.

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 19 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty epic chapter overall, Naruto grabbing Sai's sword was pretty awesome. I had alot of NaruSaku ego boost last couple of chapters, but Sakura was pretty emotional about the news Sasuke became a nuke-nin, I hope Kishi doesn't throw a torch on Sakura's development so far..........

I'll wait and see how she takes the news next week though.

It might have just been the translators choice of words, but she seemed to be just as concerned about Tsunade, if not more so... meh, maybe I misread it.

I liked this chapter a lot... mostly because I got to fangirl over Naruto *squee*. It was awesome how he reacted faster, grabbing Sai's sword (how masterful - uh, wait that sounds really wrong sweatdrop.gif )And he seems to have impressed Karui - looking good for the Karui gets a crush on Naruto theory hehe. I really hope Kishi makes more of their reactions to the reveal about Sasuke in the next chapter, though I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't dry.gif I'm also hoping this will lead for a bit of Sakura training/development.

Naruto catching sword with his bare hands. So cool wow.png

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 19 June 2009 - 01:50 PM.

#25 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Am I the only one that actually kind of respects Danzo? I mean I can't agree with his ways of course, but...
He has shown more enforced moves as hokage to keep the village safe. Obviously I don't like how he handled things, and I definatly don't want him as hokage..

I can respect him though, and would actually love to see him give Sasuke a nice kick in the ego. We all know he needs it.

Edited by Wolfheart, 19 June 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#26 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

It was a pretty awesome chapter. a_thumbs.gif

Maybe Kishimoto didn't let Sakura have her moment because maybe he's giving hints/confirmations to fans everywhere that Naruto really loves Sakura so much, that he would protect her, even if he had to risk his life. wub.gif biggrin.gif He made sure that she didn't get hurt at all. happy.gif And she was clutching into his arm! Yey! boogie.gif A bit too early for celebrating, but I just want to appreciate the little nuggets of joy that Kishimoto is throwing at us. Even if it wasn't that important to other people.

Overall, the chapter wasn't too bad. It was okay, especially with that almost NaruSaku moment. XD

I want to see the next chapter soon. laugh.gif

And no more reading spoilers for me! *beep. beep. beep. we detect a white lie. white lie. white lie.* :teehee:

Don't arrest me. >8D

---

*fangirl squeal*

Naruto looks awesome in that chapter, with his sword-catching hands and all. He kinda looked better than Sasuke for a moment there. >8DD

Sai...is just cool. XD I love him. I just wished that he won't wear a two-piece anymore. biggrin.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 19 June 2009 - 02:10 PM.

#27 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

After reading the translation, I really could have done without Sakura being all worried and worked up over Sasuke being a missing nin, but I suppose Naruto was really worked up too. The fact that Sakura reacted first though is telling. >< Damn you Kishi, just pick a pairing and stick with it already instead of jerking us all around! msmack.gif

On the other hand, like I said in my earlier post, I loved that Naruto handled himself quite capably. I loved that he immediately grabbed Sai's sword to counter the first move, and then grabbed the blade with his bare hands. wow.png I had fun fangasming.

But the next chapter should be interesting, seeing their reactions to Sasuke being in Akatsuki and hunting Jinchuriki.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#28 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 19 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one that actually kind of respects Danzo? I mean I can't agree with his ways of course, but...
He has shown more enforced moves as hokage to keep the village safe. Obviously I don't like how he handled things, and I definatly don't want him as hokage..

I can respect him though, and would actually love to see him give Sasuke a nice kick in the ego. We all know he needs it.

There's certainly nothing wrong with respecting the man, but can you trust him? I find it interesting how Sai didn't know that Danzo had ordered Sasuke to be killed, even after he had just spoken to him. We know that ROOT respects Danzo and even Sai was praising him talking about all that Danzo had done to help do some questionable things. If Danzo isn't telling Sai something as important to Naruto such as ordering Sasuke's death, yet he wants Sai to "watch" Naruto, what else is Danzo not telling Sai or his other ROOT operatives. Is there potential for a ROOT uprising against Danzo? And I wonder what sort of tactics Danzo will employ to try and gain the Jounin vote. He should already know that most of the well-known Jounin are not going to vote for him.
End of line.

#29 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Jun 19 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's certainly nothing wrong with respecting the man, but can you trust him? I find it interesting how Sai didn't know that Danzo had ordered Sasuke to be killed, even after he had just spoken to him. We know that ROOT respects Danzo and even Sai was praising him talking about all that Danzo had done to help do some questionable things. If Danzo isn't telling Sai something as important to Naruto such as ordering Sasuke's death, yet he wants Sai to "watch" Naruto, what else is Danzo not telling Sai or his other ROOT operatives. Is there potential for a ROOT uprising against Danzo? And I wonder what sort of tactics Danzo will employ to try and gain the Jounin vote. He should already know that most of the well-known Jounin are not going to vote for him.

Well he had really just ordered his death, and I guess it could be argued that Sai didn't need the information. I guess we will find out though, chapters have definatly gotten interesting and worth the wait past few weeks. biggrin.gif

#30 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Being honest, I have a feeling Naruto will go face Sasuke & his team along with Team Cloud. He WANTS to confront this & it can only be done alone because this is VERY personal for him.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#31 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 19 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone see that Naruto grew even more?! Sakura is basically at shoulder-level now.

The heights were actually pretty inconsistent this chapter. In some panels where they're standing side by side, they're still about the same height, and then in others (like the first panel of page 8), there's a pretty large difference.

Anyway, good chapter. Real happy to see Sai again, and Naruto protecting Sakura was nice, of course. ^^
Really looking forward to the five Kage meeting. For one, we'll get to see Gaara again! As well as Mizukage and Tsuchikage for the first time. And it should make for some really interesting developments. (Here's betting that Danzou screws things up)

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 19 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For one, we'll get to see Gaara again!

Omg, YES! a_spaz.gif

Oh Gaara, how I've missed you wub.gif

Now I'm *really* excited for the next chappy wow.png

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 19 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For one, we'll get to see Gaara again! As well as Mizukage and Tsuchikage for the first time.

Damn! I totally forgot about Gaara. Guessing that Temari and Kankuro is tagging along as well! As for the Kage Summit, I'm hoping to see other new characters like the Rock and Mist nin teams.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

XD It's possible when he grabbed the sword he may've been about to say, "Hey! Hang on-Sakura-chan!!" to the Cloud team but Sakura was kicked away.....Well, in my dreams anyways...; sweatdrop.gif

#35 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

I wonder how Gaara will react to the new hokage, and the new of what Naruto did.

Gah, the agony of awaiting new chapters! I'm not a very patient man. biggrin.gif

#36 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

The Jonin can vote to veto Danzo? o_O

Kakashi, please vote! rawr.gif

#37 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Ahh Sakura... looks like she wont be able to just rely on Tsunade's method of fighting, times have changed, ninja's have grown up and she's got nothing but a mean right hook and super band-aid prowess.
Time to train in genjutsu YUP!!

As far as the pairing debate goes.. I didn't see a lot going for SasuSaku in this chapter. Sure, she got worked up over the order to kill Sasuke, just like she did when she thought Sai was gonna do just that, but I don't think people are fully appreciating how much she's actually worried about Tsunade. Last chapter showed her depression over that too. It's like someone was talking about before regarding Sakura's parents and how she would feel if they were killed in Pain's attack.. Tsunade has a maternal-like presence in her heart and it kills Sakura to see the slime ball Danzo step right over her while she's in a coma like that.

What I see is Naruto and Sakura working together like any good partnership, just like they have been since 245. biggrin.gif
wub.gif to see him rush to protect her wub.gif more of that Kishi happy.gif at least until Sakura steps up the badassery again.

Oh, and I do think it's time Naruto got a blade of his own. I don't think Sai would appreciate it if Naruto keeps stealing his.. it's like "Sorry, Sai but I gotta protect my girl so I'll be taking this, you'll be alright unarmed, ne?"

Edited by Nee-sama, 19 June 2009 - 05:24 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#38 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 19 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For one, we'll get to see Gaara again! As well as Mizukage and Tsuchikage for the first time. And it should make for some really interesting developments. (Here's betting that Danzou screws things up)

!!! That's right. Aww I completely forgot. I've been curious to see how Gaara has come along since he lost his biju.

I'm getting more and more curious about this Danzo arc. It seems like Sai is a devout follower. LOL. Sai who's been shown to be pretty decent at fighting completely kicked at air this time while Naruto was able to keep up almost blow for blow. Naruto's taijutsu has improved. YAY!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#39 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Yosh!!! So the spilers kapt the most important part from part, and that was Danzo not being officially the hokage, he's only temp until he's voted in....will be interesting to see how this plays out, Sasuke coming to Konoha could end up playing perfectly in his hands to get him voted in the seat, If Sasuke attacks, the Jonin's might think the Hokage needs to be less lenient and if someone like Danzo was in power before hand the could have taken out missing nin's like him before they became too strong, should be interesting to see how that plays out.

This part for me supports the possability of Naruto having no choice but to leave the village soon, It's obvious Danzo is looking to discredit him, and maybe keep him inside the village, and is planning something. And as Kakashi said if he falls in Danzo's trap he could end up in Jail and would be of no use to his plight to save Sasuke. Naruto's going to have to be very careful for the next few weeks, Danzo is looking to get him to trip up and exploit it, this vote things made thing very interesting i'm thinking Chess game, and Shika needs to be brought in.

Sakura definitely needs a training boost, Naruto's instant planning was was bloody awesome, one of the best peice of quick thinking to date, in a fraction of a second, came with the plan to take Sai's weapon, and produce a clone to stop slow down and then get hold of the sword, still think he needs training in more Jutsu's and another lelement but that was brilliant. Also appears it wasn't Naruto but Sakura that was way out of her league, she got made to look like the weakest link....We need Sakura to gain some strength, Sasuke's done it, Naruto has done it, now it's Sakura's turn to prove she's worthy of taking Tsunade's place. Maybe she needs to go to Kurenai for some Genjutsu training, it's meant to be her natural talent yet she hasn't used it once.

iAnby7W.gif

#40 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

Am I the only one that is not complaining about Sakura's progress right now?

C'mon now guys... that scene was made to show how strong Omoi and Karui are in a fight. Imagine the scene change: if Sakura's punch has landed on one of them. That basically means that when it connects, its an Instant KO, thanks to Tsunade's methods. Conclusion: that will causes Omoi and/or Karui "pushovers" or weak in a simple manner. While yes, the force of Omoi's kick that impacted Sakura was indeed making her the weakest link during this fight, not to mention a little exaggerated (what I mean is, when that kick connected, Sakura began to tumble, rolling backwards and was about to head for the wall if Naruto haven't caught her), doesn't mean she's the weakest link overall.

I'm starting to have doubts right now that Sakura will not use Genjutsu at all because of 1) that abilities are now part of Sasuke's evolution of a ninja (unfortunately, thanks to the Sharingan) and 2) many people in the series stated her as the next Tsunade. If Kishimoto developed Sakura a little bit more during Part 1 before the transitional changes in Part 2, we would definitely seeing Sakura using some Genjutsu skills as of now.

And even if she does receives another training arc that involves Genjutsu, I highly doubt Kurenai will teach her because as of now, she's still pregnant and on maternity leave.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users