• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#1 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/451/

Better Chapter than I was expecting, it'll be interesting to see how Naruto and Sakura respond to the order to kill Sasuke. Also it was awesome to see Inari and Tazuna again!

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 12 June 2009 - 08:46 AM.

uc.png

#2 pizza_blade

pizza_blade

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Well, I'll take it that this chapter basically confirms that all those Hinata's confession debacle has been shut down by Kishimoto. Can't imagine him making Naruto dealing with stuff like that when he needs to face the consequences of Danzou's permission to disposing Sasuke. As a bonus, he even made additional NaruSaku scenes here--I thought it was very cute that when everyone was busy repairing Konoha the Hero got some quality time together instead with the lady he loves wub.gif

I honestly see no more hope for NaruHina here (biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif), though I feel that there's going to be a huge fight soon between NaruSaku and SasuSaku (Bring it on! laugh.gif)

Oh, and for some reason, I LOVED the 'Love triangle' comments. I don't know, it just struck me as funny, hahaha.

#3 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

Boy am I glad Yamato is there with his Mokuton. He'll have the place up faster than any amount of manpower can. happy.gif

But damn, Danzo's already messing around. Even though it's understandable that Sasuke would be killed as a missing-nin, it really makes me feel bad for Naruto. He's just dealt with Pain and the village is only starting to pick itself up again, and now he's just heard that his new Hokage has orders for his best friend to be killed.

It was good to see Inari and Tazuna again. It's sort of ironic how the mission to Wave was what basically brought Team Seven together, and now they are back to discover that Team Seven is really falling apart. Killing Sasuke? If Naruto couldn't bring himself to kill Pain, there is absolutely no way he can kill Sasuke. I'm more interested to see how Sakura would react.

#4 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

Much better than I expected. I was expecting a somewhat disjointed chapter from the spoilers. Thankfully it wasn't that bad.

Frankly I'm kind of surprised it took three years in-universe time for Sasuke to be classified as a highly dangerous Missing-nin to be killed on sight. Then again, Tsunade probably pulled strings. Or there's something I'm forgetting. One of the two.

Edited by dl316bh, 12 June 2009 - 08:58 AM.

bd5.jpg

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

Well, for one thing I think Naruto will accept it ALONE. & Sai might even offer to come & this is where he'll play a HUGE part because Sai might come up with the idea of using a fake body (like Kabuto did with Sai when they were heading back to their hideout) & I've got a feeling Karin kept that scroll just in case.... & also, it'll give A LOT of development for Sai because he'll have to choose between Danzo & Naruto.... & I like the idea of the villagers saying Konoha might be built in a short amount of time. I'm guessing 2-3 months happy.gif And I absolutely loved Naruto's conviction of making Sasuke smile.... & now for the LULZ: Yamato (man, they must've been working him like a slave since he got back) laugh.gif I'm pretty sure he's gonna be mad at Naruto for not letting Yamato have a piece of Nagato.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (pizza_blade @ Jun 12 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a bonus, he even made additional NaruSaku scenes here--I thought it was very cute that when everyone was busy repairing Konoha the Hero got some quality time together instead with the lady he loves wub.gif

I loved that Kishi did this as well :3

QUOTE (pizza_blade @ Jun 12 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and for some reason, I LOVED the 'Love triangle' comments. I don't know, it just struck me as funny, hahaha.

I loled so hard at that page. LOVE TRIANGLE 111189.gif
Just goes to show that 'ol Kishi is more than aware of all the different 'love' issues there are surrounding his characters wink.gif

And as much as I honestly don't want Sasuke to be 'all forgiven' by everyone without some form of major repercussions, I still highly enjoyed this page happy.gif

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/451/11/

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jun 12 2009, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly I'm kind of surprised it took three years in-universe time for Sasuke to be classified as a highly dangerous Missing-nin to be killed on sight.

Agreed.

#7 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

I had to read this chapter after the strange comments I had been hearing for half week.

The spoilers' "translation" was real messed. It felt garbled togetehr, but when you read the actual chapter, it doesn't feel like that at all.

It was beautifully sad seeing Sakura trying cheering up Naruto as pondering why she was doing that when she was the one needed being cheered up.

I guess shippers will be arguing madly after reading the scene where Tazuna and Inari ask where Sasuke is, Naruto looks concernedly to Sakura, spouts a white lie, and she is glad and grateful for it. Well, let them go crazy about it. Regardless what that scene means or implies about the feelings of Naruto and Sakura, it feels like the old Sasuke conflict is finally heading towards a conclusion.

I hope I like that conclusion.

And yes, Hinata has faded in the background again. If Kishimoto plans getting Naruto and Hinata together they should be talking at least, in order to build up Naruto's feelings. Yet, he isn't doing it. Therefore:

- He doesn't plan at all getting Naruto and Hinata together. If we see one scene where they talk about her confession -which is probable-, Naruto won't reciprocate her feelings.

- He plans getting Sasuke and Sakura together, and then Naruto will decide asking Hinata out since he can't get Sakura, even if he isn't in love.

I don't need elaborate why this would suck A LOT, and sincerely I think Kishimoto is a better writer than that. And I don't think the storyline is heading in that direction.

Then again, time -and Kishimoto- will tell.

Frankly I'm kind of surprised it took three years in-universe time for Sasuke to be classified as a highly dangerous Missing-nin to be killed on sight. Then again, Tsunade probably pulled strings. Or there's something I'm forgetting. One of the two.

I agree. I think Tsunade has pulled some strings cause Naruto. But Danzo isn't prone to allow Naruto solve this matter. AFter all, he already tried getting Sasuke assassinated. And he now has a new excuse. Sasuke has joined -again- a Konoha's enemy.

Edited by Jenskott, 12 June 2009 - 09:18 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#8 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Geez, another great chapter. Some great friendship moments with Naruto and Sakura! I'm getting a feeling that we are finally going to get some questions answered in the next few chapters and so.

#9 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:28 AM

I agree. I think Tsunade has pulled some strings cause Naruto. But Danzo isn't prone to allow Naruto solve this matter. AFter all, he already tried getting Sasuke assassinated. And he now has a new excuse. Sasuke has joined -again- a Konoha's enemy.

It's funny. Even if we go with Tsunade pulling strings, the whole thing strikes me as a major issue they let go for too long. You've got a powerful rogue who joins up with the villages greatest enemy, goes rogue on HIM and forms his own team while still holding no love for his old village; now he's, as you mentioned, been roped in again by another enemy of Konoha's. Trustworthy chap right there.

You figure he should have been classified immediately the first time; now it's almost ridiculous. XD

Seems like it's finally out of Naruto's hands though. There simply might not be any coming back. Sasuke's a classified missing-nin now; I could be forgetting something, but I don't think we have a precedent in the manga of one returning to their old village. At that point you've more or less been branded.

Edited by dl316bh, 12 June 2009 - 09:30 AM.

bd5.jpg

#10 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

By the way, am I the only one noticed Sakura's frightened expression when Naruto told he also knows what revenge is?

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#11 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

For real, I'm a huge NaruSaku fan since the start of the series, but it really looks like it's going to end NaruHina and SasuSaku. I know it would be absolutely aweful, but I have this feeling and it looks like it. Naruto and Sakuras relationship turns more and more into a best friends relationship. Don't tell me the hug last chapter was a NaruSaku hint, because it looked like very close friendship and not like love. (She didn't even hug him with boths arms around him or so)

Then there was the Hinata confession and now Naruto is talking about how Sakura wants Sasuke back and "there never was a love triangle" (I know he lied about that, but it looks so much like as if he would be okay with Sakura and Sasuke as a couple now).

I know that most of you guys may disagree with me, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Gaara, 12 June 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#12 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Don't tell me the hug last chapter was a NaruSaku hint, because it looked like very close friendship and not like love. (She didn't even hug him with boths arms around him or so)

Did we read the same chapter?

I suggest you reading chapter 450 again and watch those pannels again. Sakura IS hugging him with both arms. And not only that. She is stroking his hair and cheek with one hand. And her body is making full contact with his. Oh, and Naruto expression was stunned. Why should he being stunned from his friend giving him a friendship hug?

I can ASSURE you I have never huged one of my friends like that. Definitely I haven't stroked their faces and hairs when I have done it.

Then there was the Hinata confession

Which was nothing but a plot device for turning Naruto into Kyuubi and getting him meeting his father. It hasn't been referenced again for anyone, Hinata didn't even greet him when he returned and was smiling when Sakura hugged him, and she's faded in the background again.

By the way, Lee confessed Sakura. Ino confessed Sasuke (she hugged him and declared he was his to his face). According your logic, we should have SakuLee and SasuIno.

and now Naruto is talking about how Sakura wants Sasuke back

When has he told that? He hasn't told or implied such a thing in this chapter. In fact, he has told HE wants Sasuke back.

and "there never was a love triangle" (I know he lied about that

Then why are you talking like if he was being serious?

but it looks so much like as if he would be okay with Sakura and Sasuke as a couple now).

Again, what are you basing that statement on? Anyway, he's a big boy. If Sakura loves Sasuke, he won't slit his wrists (unlike plenty fics suggest).

The trouble is you're basing your views on things never happened or didn't happen like you tell. It's hard agreeing with you when you do that.

#13 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

Ah obviously Kishi is aware of the whole love triangle thing. But of course he is as he planned it. I think he's really toying with the fans. Really i didn't know how to feel about 451. 450 seemed like a HUGE NaruSaku score but in 451 they seem like just friends again. Sasuke is brought up and Naruto looks stunned and Sakura looks sad in the same frame then next frame he looks at how sad Sakura is and gets a sad look himself. It seems kind of like she still is not over Sasuke. And there was no love type NaruSaku moment after the hug in this chapter. But Naruto still looks out for her feelings and lies.

I dunno i suppose I'd wanted the chapter to be different for more NaruSaku development but at the same time I think Kishi wants to manipulate the fans some and still not leave a pairing official. I'm sure there will be talk between Sakura/Sasuke and it will answer some questions. Hopefully he comes back and she ends up not loving Sasuke. But I dont see it being that easy haha.

#14 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

What I saw in this chapter is both, Naruto and Sakura is taking care of and caring for each other. Sakura tries cheering Naruto up, Naruto lies about Sasuke's defection for not getting Sakura sad.

Again, I wonder what exactly is what fans expect regarding romance in this series. This is a fighting/actioin-themed comic-book, so fights is what this series is and will be focused upon.

We're getting more Naruto/Sakura interaction again, after it got considerably less screentime for two arcs. I'd be quite satisfied.

#15 Hysteria

Hysteria

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Jun 12 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was beautifully sad seeing Sakura trying cheering up Naruto as pondering why she was doing that when she was the one needed being cheered up.

I guess shippers will be arguing madly after reading the scene where Tazuna and Inari ask where Sasuke is, Naruto looks concernedly to Sakura, spouts a white lie, and she is glad and grateful for it. Well, let them go crazy about it. Regardless what that scene means or implies about the feelings of Naruto and Sakura, it feels like the old Sasuke conflict is finally heading towards a conclusion.

I hope I like that conclusion.

And yes, Hinata has faded in the background again. If Kishimoto plans getting Naruto and Hinata together they should be talking at least, in order to build up Naruto's feelings. Yet, he isn't doing it. Therefore:

- He doesn't plan at all getting Naruto and Hinata together. If we see one scene where they talk about her confession -which is probable-, Naruto won't reciprocate her feelings.

- He plans getting Sasuke and Sakura together, and then Naruto will decide asking Hinata out since he can't get Sakura, even if he isn't in love.

I don't need elaborate why this would suck A LOT, and sincerely I think Kishimoto is a better writer than that. And I don't think the storyline is heading in that direction.

Then again, time -and Kishimoto- will tell.

Well, there's still quite a lot of loose ends in the NaruSaku relationship... (that need to be dealt with/tied up) I just can't picture Kishimoto lettin' it go to waste just like that.

But then again... it's Kishimoto we're talking 'bout here.

Though I believe that the best has yet to come.

The chapter was relatively good, anyway.

Edited by Hysteria, 12 June 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

I liked this chapter just fine. I'm a little torn between Kishi's decision to have Naruto not notice Sakura's sadness about Tsunade. Usually Naruto is very tuned to other's feelings and happens to say just the right thing to cheer them up or protect their feelings, much like when Tazuna mentions the love triangle thing. I know he was pre-occupied with his feelings but this could also be interpreted by the other shippers as Naruto not caring as much for Sakura as she does for him. But at the same time it's also a good illustration of her doing one of the 'little things' but it helps him more than she knows.

So, Danzo is Hokage then, there's no debate or anything... That sucks... but it will make for an interesting storyline for awhile. Sasuke will have someone 'evil' to kill in Konoha then.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 12 2009, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For real, I'm a huge NaruSaku fan since the start of the series, but it really looks like it's going to end NaruHina and SasuSaku. I know it would be absolutely aweful, but I have this feeling and it looks like it. Naruto and Sakuras relationship turns more and more into a best friends relationship. Don't tell me the hug last chapter was a NaruSaku hint, because it looked like very close friendship and not like love. (She didn't even hug him with boths arms around him or so)

Then there was the Hinata confession and now Naruto is talking about how Sakura wants Sasuke back and "there never was a love triangle" (I know he lied about that, but it looks so much like as if he would be okay with Sakura and Sasuke as a couple now).

Wow. Haven't seen you on these forums in a LONG while, and I can see why now huh.gif

As Jenskott asked, did we read the same chapter? In fact, are you reading the same manga?

1). In the Naruto-verse people who confess, never get the person they want. Lee confessed. He didn't get Sakura. Sakura confessed. Sasuke left her passed out cold on a bench. Hinata confessed. Naruto has not even acknowledged that this confession even happened. Obviously to him this confession never happened, as if he remembered anything about it, he would have had some kind of conversation already with Hinata about it. He hasn't. The confession and Hinata were used as mere tools, plot devises to make Naruto go 8-tails. Again, I wonder if you have been reading the same manga as the rest of us mellow.gif

2). Did you look at the reactions of everyone around Naruto and Sakura when Sakura hugged him. Kakashi was blushing his face off, as well as everyone else. And they all had big cheesy grins on their face at the moment. What persons blush, look very surprised, and grin widely at a mere 'friendship' hug? You obviously only looked at the hug itself alone, and not at the rest of the panels. Kishimoto doesn't use ink to waste space. Everything that he draws has a specific purpose and meaning to his story. And when a female holds a man close like that, tenderly cupping his face, and getting such a soft expression on her face that is not just a 'friendship' embrace. And I should know. I'm a female tongue.gif

I unfortunately don't have time to really get to the rest of you post, with your other 'points' that this manga as somehow been heading towards NaruHina and SasuSaku all along, as I'm already running late for work now...I don't even have time to proof this post XD

The one thing that I will add before I go, is that it's been a good long while since I've seen you back here at H&E, and while everyone is welcome to his or her opinions on the current 'romantic' direction of the manga, it is my opinion that it's quite disappointing how you've gone from such an avid supporter of NaruSaku to...well...whatever this is that you are now ^^
I hope that you return to the avid NaruSaku supporter you once were...but once again I understand that everyone's opinions can change. I still VERY much see NaruSaku development, especially within these last couple of chapters, but I accept that you don't...and despite all that we say to show you otherwise, you may never see any development anymore. It's a shame really, but if that's where your opinions now are, I'll accept those opinions but will have to respectfully disagree with them happy.gif

And now I'm REALLY late and oh gawd I want to proof this SO bad XD, and even though your return has been a bit...shocking...with your 'new' current NaruSaku opinions, it's still nice to see you again Gaara happy.gif

Chow! *runs off to work*

#18 Candice

Candice

So take me home

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Great chapter for the Sasuke destroying Konoha storyline, not so good for the Naruto and Sakura development.

#19 Hysteria

Hysteria

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Candice @ Jun 12 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great chapter for the Sasuke destroying Konoha storyline, not so good for the Naruto and Sakura development.

How come? huh.gif

#20 Candice

Candice

So take me home

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

As mentioned above in Prime's post, the so called 'big' moment with Naruto and Sakura hugging built a cliffhanger for those NaruSaku shippers, almost a great opportunity for things to happen, however this chapter didn't deliver the charm and development of them two as I expected. Sakura's silence during the mentioning of Sasuke suggests she still has some sort of feelings (boy crush or not) for Sasuke and he is still a touchy subject. Oh well, slow and steady wins the race I guess. happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users