92 replies to this topic

#21 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Paper flowers of hope! You just can't compete with that, it's too awsome! laugh.gif
The expression on the villagers faces when the dead came back to life: Priceless!

Edited by Shadow-kun, 29 May 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#22 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Now I'm thinking about the villains there are still left.
KabuMaru: Well give me a break, it's like all those monsters from <4 years olds have in their nightmares, and isn't any real threat.
Sasuke&co: Well I think this is like the 3rd and Orochimaru again, except N and S were teammates, Maybe Naruto will have the courage to end the threat before it happens like it went with 3rd and Orochimaru. I'm talking about 3rd because it isn't revealed what happened when Jiraya tried to bring O back...
Madara: Well I think this is the Big Bad behind almost every tragedy in Konoha. He isn't showed much yet but it seems he is very manipulative, and veeery driven by revenge. He's like Sasuke thinking only Itachi, yet much older version and his hatred is like Sasukes but ^10.

Also we have Danzo there and he's only driven by his personal power, but I would like to think theres still much more about him in the past, what isn't revealed...

Well I know this isn't much of a insight, but I would like to know about your ideas and thinking about these villains and also some other villains, if I have forgotten somebody.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#23 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'm torn on this matter.

This chapter was good in the sense that... TA DA! Naruto didn't have to avenge Jiraiya! Which would have made him like Sasuke, something I hated from the beginning of this arc. (revenge is revenge people.)

I didn't like this chapter, on the other hand, because SO MUCH could have been done with Konoha being in shambles. A GREAT story arc was adverted once Konoha was reborn.

Love is everything.

#24 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer, wrote War and Peace?

Ah, yes. I've read about him before. Part of my literature project. biggrin.gif

---

Paper flowers of hope! You just can't compete with that, it's too awsome!
The expression on the villagers faces when the dead came back to life: Priceless!

I know. They're totally awesome, aren't they? wink.gif These paper flowers give us hope (that the Akatsuki will cease to exist, awww. 111193.gif)!

Priceless? Yes, they were. I'll look like that too if that ever happened to me. (Which I really don't want to!)

---

KabuMaru: Well give me a break, it's like all those monsters from <4 years olds have in their nightmares, and isn't any real threat.
Sasuke&co: Well I think this is like the 3rd and Orochimaru again, except N and S were teammates, Maybe Naruto will have the courage to end the threat before it happens like it went with 3rd and Orochimaru. I'm talking about 3rd because it isn't revealed what happened when Jiraya tried to bring O back...
Madara: Well I think this is the Big Bad behind almost every tragedy in Konoha. He isn't showed much yet but it seems he is very manipulative, and veeery driven by revenge. He's like Sasuke thinking only Itachi, yet much older version and his hatred is like Sasukes but ^10.

Also we have Danzo there and he's only driven by his personal power, but I would like to think theres still much more about him in the past, what isn't revealed...

Well I know this isn't much of a insight, but I would like to know about your ideas and thinking about these villains and also some other villains, if I have forgotten somebody.

That's all of them! I think. There are still remaining Akatsuki members, yet, Konoha can easily defeat them anyway. cool.gif

The KabuMaru thing isn't too treacherous anymore, because they're already weakened.

Sasuke & Co. -- They pose a real threat as well, yet they're completely outnumbered. I bet my allowance money that there would be a Naruto and Sasuke confrontration, and maybe even the final one. biggrin.gif I can't wait. wink.gif

Madara Uchiha is the biggest threat in the Naruto world. He is behind almost everything, and I mean it! He's like all the bad guys combined. He fought his best friend, killed his brother just for the Mangekyo Sharingan and power, sent the Kyuubi out to destroy Konoha, created Akatsuki, helped Itachi exterminate the whole clan, and manipulated Sasuke to kill Itachi so Itachi would be out of the way, and told the truth to Sasuke so he would destroy Konoha. Plotty, eh? He must have a lot of patience for letting that plan unfold for almost 20 years! He rocks! biggrin.gif Ehem. I shouldn't have said that, huh? wow.png laugh.gif

Danzo? That old man would die soon, I think. Yet, he's still a very bad man and can be compared to Madara in some way. If he and Madara work together, Konoha would be doomed, and they would have a dictator/traitor as the new Hokage. Oooooh. And the plot thickens. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 29 2009, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, that one EEEEEEEK was epic XDD

Aww, that was such an awesome cool moment between Kakashi and his papa wow.png

I don't feel it was a cop-out at all. I understand how the jutsu works. He killed all those people, so he uses what remaining power, strength, and ability that he has left to bring back only the ones that he killed when he came to Konoha, while there is still time to bring them back. That was a pretty neat jutsu, and I for one am happy to see Kakashi alive again! happy.gif

AND SO NARUTO USES HIS EPIC NUMBER 1 JUTSU ONCE AGAIN. TURN-YOUR-ENEMIES-INTO-YOUR-FRIENDS NO JUTSU. HAI YA! 8D

Oh Naruto, no one can stand up to you when you use your ULTIMATE POWAH :cookie: :teehee:

Definitely the best thing I've ever read in fiction (and I've read manga for nearly 30 years, was an Lit major back in college, an avid reader of both literature and popular fiction since I was 8 years old, and I'm a librarian wink.gif that tackled the whole issue of "is real lasting peace possible"? Kishimoto's exploration of the emotions was firmly grounded in reality. History was my minor in college and a subject I like even more than literature- especially social history. I've lived through several points in recent history where former enemies made lasting peace. I think the Egypt/Israeli peace accords of 1978 are especially relevant. Sadat of Egypt was a believer in real lasting peace, he had become a warrior but in his heart he cherished the beliefs of Gandhi and always believed in peace in the Middle East. Begin of Israel was much more cynical. It took many sessions of talks- facilitated by President Jimmy Carter at Camp David but finally a peace accord was signed- one that still holds to this day. It also opened the door for other of the more moderate Islamic countries to eventually make their own peace accords with Israel, and even made Arafat realize more peaceful pressure on Israel to recognize the Palestinians just might be more effective than warfare. If the other side is willing to look at peaceful measures, and recognition like Rabin was, things move forward. If they don't, like with the current standoff with Hamas and the current far right wing lsraeli leadership nothing positive can happen. Both of those sides are so used to hating each other that neither can see past that.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#26 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 29 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were wonderful smiles, weren't they happy.gif

Yes. ;___;

I miss Jiraiya. DX

Also... Naruto has another country allied with him? 'Amekagure will help make that dream come true.'

Edited by Cloud, 29 May 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#27 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

I Love this chapter. I mean it is geared for young kids and if it went a darker route, I think that it would be upgraded.

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ May 29 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's still a cop out, and a pretty bad one at that. This is probably the worst thing to happen in any chapter of any manga ever. This beats Kubo trolling the Bleach fandom... or at least it almost beats Kubo trolling the Bleach fandom.

I'm guessing the only reason J-man wasn't brought back to life was just so it wouldn't seem like Naruto got everything back, but it still really sucks that all the drama of this arc was sucked out. Kishimoto should have just left them dead. Whatever happened to the so-called "realism" this series supposedly likes to convey?

No. It is not a cop-out. Jiraiya was already dead in what's like in manga time... like days or weeks at best before Pain came in and nuked the village. Majority of the ninjas/villagers that were caught by Pain's attack and died were revived because it all happened in just that one day (I say the whole arc happening was about at least less than 5 hours from Pain's first attack to Naruto closing the battle by Rasengan-ed the Yahiko/God Pain).

We already knew Kakashi wasn't going to the "scrap characters pile" because we saw the limbo scene since his "apparent" death. *happy to see that Kakashi isn't dead!*

And most of the time, this IS a Shonen/Fantasy-genre manga. While it has some realism to the series, its still a Fantasy world.

Now for my views:

Its another "Naruto used his God of Optimistic powers once again to save the day!" tongue.gif

Shima looked like she was going to have a heart attack when Fukasaku woke up! laugh.gif

Now, since Sasuke gonna start causing more havoc when he reach the already demolished Konoha, we still haven't see no high, no hair of new characters Samui, Karui and Omoi, where are they?! They better come in the next two chapters... And hopefully I want to see the ninjas from Iwa, Mizu and the other small countries like the Grass in the next arc.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I WONDER WHO NARUTO IS GOING TO GIVE THOSE FLOWERS TO????

at least Nagato kind of explained himself and why he had that change of heart. And that was i nice nugget of fun reading to see Kakashi talking to his father. Now we'll get to see how Naruto will handle Hinata.

Two more Akatsuki down!

#30 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ May 29 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHO NARUTO IS GOING TO GIVE THOSE FLOWERS TO????

LOL, ya know I hadn't even thought of that XD

GIVE 'EM TO SAKURA, NARUTO! We NEED another NaruSaku moment! narusakuct7.gif

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

It's possible he'd dedicate the flowers to Jiraiya and/or victims of war... that's my idea.

#32 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 29 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's possible he'd dedicate the flowers to Jiraiya and/or victims of war... that's my idea.

this
\

#33 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

I feel as though Kishimoto is rushing his story, trying to get to something else. Or perhaps this is all he thought we needed to hear for now.
The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#34 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 29 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. It is not a cop-out. Jiraiya was already dead in what's like in manga time... like days or weeks at best before Pain came in and nuked the village. Majority of the ninjas/villagers that were caught by Pain's attack and died were revived because it all happened in just that one day (I say the whole arc happening was about at least less than 5 hours from Pain's first attack to Naruto closing the battle by Rasengan-ed the Yahiko/God Pain).

We already knew Kakashi wasn't going to the "scrap characters pile" because we saw the limbo scene since his "apparent" death. *happy to see that Kakashi isn't dead!*

And most of the time, this IS a Shonen/Fantasy-genre manga. While it has some realism to the series, its still a Fantasy world.

Now for my views:

Its another "Naruto used his God of Optimistic powers once again to save the day!" tongue.gif

Shima looked like she was going to have a heart attack when Fukasaku woke up! laugh.gif

Now, since Sasuke gonna start causing more havoc when he reach the already demolished Konoha, we still haven't see no high, no hair of new characters Samui, Karui and Omoi, where are they?! They better come in the next two chapters... And hopefully I want to see the ninjas from Iwa, Mizu and the other small countries like the Grass in the next arc.

Being a shounen/fantasy genre doesn't automatically mean it's okay to kill off characters, and then bring them back to life five minutes later.

#35 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ May 29 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a shounen/fantasy genre doesn't automatically mean it's okay to kill off characters, and then bring them back to life five minutes later.

Nobody is forcing you to read it, then.

We're all fans here, but I clearly agree with Derock. It's a fantasy story tailored for the young teenagers. If you want more death and bloodshed, go read Seinen.

#36 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 29 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody is forcing you to read it, then.

We're all fans here, but I clearly agree with Derock. It's a fantasy story tailored for the young teenagers. If you want more death and bloodshed, go read Seinen.

True, but... this chapter all seems a little corny.
The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#37 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

When you think about it this was set up by the jutsu used by Chiyo to bring Gaara back to life it has a presedent in this manga and shouldn't be just thought of as copping out. Nagato has more power than Chiyo and thus could return everyone to life that he had killed in the past few hours. as someone already stated this is the first of the three obstacles he needs to overcome to surpass Jiraiya

1 Jiraiya failed to save Sandiame - Naruto has saved Kakashi Naruto FTW

2 Jiraiva never won the heart of Tsunade - Naruto ? Sakura

3 Jiraiya couldn't bring Orochimaru back - Naruto ? Sasuke

Edited by Verilance, 29 May 2009 - 10:44 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#38 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Perhaps Naruto coming in and saving Tsunade has more relevance than the Naruto and Kakashi since Kakashi was technically dead.

#39 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

the relevant page from chapter 382

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/382/05/

you can make your own judgement on it

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#40 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

Wow, finally I'm caught up again. I for one really liked this arc. There was a lot of spirit in it. But that may just be because it came opposite some mediocre filler arc in it's anime brethren. And the way it ended. I was fine with it. I liked the fact that it was through his words that Naruto defeated Pain. As I said a long time ago when we first found out they were both Jiraiya's students, in order for Naruto to truly be the child of prophecy he'd have to persuade Nagato that his way was better. Also I'm surprised at how many people are ... surprised at people coming back to life, making a big DBZ deal out of it. It was stated a while ago, as I remember, that the Rinnegan gave the user power over life and death... so .... it wasn't like it was out of left field. As for the Dragon ball parallels.... those were over 9,000 since the beginning of the manga, so that is also no surprise. Meh, I'm happy. Now I'm just more curious if Kishi will have Naruto and Sasuke meet right away, or if Sasuke will get his own fighting arc again but against the Thunder/ Lightning?-nin. And at this point, it's strange that he put them in cause I honestly don't care at the moment about Danzo or Kabutomaru's re-emergence. I guess I'll just wait and see how Kishi stirs things up.

Oo. One more thing. I'm also curious as to whether Kishi will show Madara's capturing of the Eight-tails to show the drastic difference in power between Madara and Sasuke.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 30 May 2009 - 12:02 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users