LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

You know there's the new Sahara The Flower Samurai Manga came out and it was done by Oda's Assistant, Yusaku Shibata.  

Right now It's only got one chapter, and I will say it's got potential to be a good series, but anyway here's my point: 

Link (incase anyone can't see it):  http://img.mangastre...30/3548/587.png

010.png

Now lets look at Oda's artwork: 

one-piece-1668436.jpg

Sure there some distinct differences,but that's an assistant artwork should be!  However at least they look pretty close.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 05 August 2016 - 09:29 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

OK lucky there is a problem with you posting of images not being seen remember to add a link. *Looks at the new manga.* Actually he is being influence by oda both of them have a art style that is a mixture or cartoony and animeish. With oda i can't really pin it down but with this guy it a mixture or 40-60's character like astro boy, and 80's early 90's anime/manga. Also some part from current manga styles.

To be honest for boruto they were initially trying for a "realistic look." Which would have been fine if they did one thing. "If the artist actually practice and refined his style before the manga began." The only character that did not look like kitten in the first chapter was Salad and the only reason for that was the he was force to constantly redraw because the outfit he made for her cause controversy. If he was forced to do something similar with all the other characters. It would have at least been better then what we got in the first chapter. Not saying it would be good mind you. Instead after that chapter they fell back and started going back to kishi art style till by this chapter they have basically gotten the realistic hair and his inability to draw eyes on kishimoto's character designs.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 August 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#23 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

Weird, it's showing up fine on my end of things! 

No issue though I can get it fixed! 

For some reason there seems to be issue on having it from Mangastream cause Mangapanda does it fine! 

Anyway I got the problem resolved hopefully, though I just put the link in as a back up.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

Naruto has a design that realistic look won't work well, especially when it's converting from its original design. It doesn't have that ground-up design, rather something that seem like traced once, then start adjusting it. At least that's how I feel. It's like how in one South Park episode where the police sketched the suspects, whom are the main characters, but the joke is they ended up drawing real life design, which was funny. The problem here is that it's not aiming for comedy.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

Naruto has a design that realistic look won't work well, especially when it's converting from its original design. It doesn't have that ground-up design, rather something that seem like traced once, then start adjusting it. At least that's how I feel. It's like how in one South Park episode where the police sketched the suspects, whom are the main characters, but the joke is they ended up drawing real life design, which was funny. The problem here is that it's not aiming for comedy.

Which is the problem and why I said only Salad looks good because she is the only he had to practice drawing before the manga started. Everyone else in Chapter 1 is him taking Naruto character and trying to draw them more realistically. If he had actually practice and at least brought all the characters to at least Salad level. Then the art would have been fine and he wouldn't have to constantly keep changing the characters' design styles every chapter.

#26 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

@touken
While naruto doesn't truly 100% realistic, Naruto art style is a realistic style.

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:23 PM

@touken
While naruto doesn't truly 100% realistic, Naruto art style is a realistic style.

Which is ironic when all things considered.

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:38 PM

Which is ironic when all things considered.

Yeah, that's true.

Have you watch 300 days of summer?
If you have, what do you think about it?

Edited by rocci, 05 August 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, that's true.

Have you watch 300 days of summer?
If you have, what do you think about it?

Supposedly his favorite movie? I haven't.

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:18 AM

Supposedly his favorite movie? I haven't.

This is just my conjecture so take it with a grain of salt, that movie inspire him to not make NS.
We know both that he's not that creative thus need some source of inspiration. So I will not surprise if he use it as the basis to not make NS.
I never watch it, but I read the synopsis.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

This is just my conjecture so take it with a grain of salt, that movie inspire him to not make NS.
We know both that he's not that creative thus need some source of inspiration. So I will not surprise if he use it as the basis to not make NS.
I never watch it, but I read the synopsis.

I don't know, maybe he want to pull it off but he's not good at it, so he let the Last staff do all his work. Maybe it could have work but who knows, what we got is rubbish and insulting.

#32 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

I hope this gets axed soon. For the sake of sanity. :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#33 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

I hope this gets axed soon. For the sake of sanity. :mellow:

If an interview Neon says she read is real then. The current artist didn't want to do Boruto, kishi has long since stop caring, and the only reason they are doing the Boruto manga is because SJ ordered the sequel to happen. So there is no passion in this manga. In theory that should be rubbing off on the Japanese audaince by now and hopefully they don't buy the first volume. Which would put SJ in a spin and they would either do something desperate to keep it afloat or cancel it.

But I'm not sure because i have not seen this interview and dont know if it exist other then neon saying it exist,also i don't have any conntact in Japan to get the current feel of the readers

#34 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

What interview?

#35 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

Do they even bother to change anything from the movie?

Movie? What movie?

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#36 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

Movie? What movie?

Boruto.

#37 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

What interview?

I don't even know Neon mentioned it a few day ago.  

http://www.narusaku....785#entry916981

"No. Did you read the recent interview with Kishi and his assistant; Boruto wasn't the initial plan. The reboot was. 

Ikemoto wanted a reboot because he wanted to off canon or "do whatever you want" as he says. Kishi didn't care either way.

Shueisha ultimately decided upon the sequel, continue the story,  and gave it to Ikemoto.

So yes, there were ideas of a reboot, but it was rejected by Shueisha."

Beyond this i have no clue that any proof that said interview exist. That why my comment I kept mentioning I not sure if it's real and i don't know where it is. Since she has provide no information where it is and no source.

*looks for it*

Ok this might be it

tumblr_oa62fqdc8a1tltr42o2_500.jpgtumblr_oa62fqdc8a1tltr42o1_500.jpgtumblr_oa62fqdc8a1tltr42o3_500.jpg

...OK this might be it but i have found nothing Neon mentioned. Also where is this "Great artwork" Kishimoto keep praising this guy for? THEY HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE ART STYLE  EVERY CHAPTER SO FAR! Also why would they kitten about being forced to make a sequel by shounen jump when they are doing an interview in shounen jump?

Wow the side by side really show the difference in how they draw the eyes.

Edit: No wait there it is buried under a wall of text.

"We talked about how it would be neat if the series could be rebooted and drawn by a new artist just like American comic books...(mentions that if it is a sequel kishi should do it) But with a reboot, you can do whatever you want and nobody can complain. I really liked that aspect of it. But when I received the story, it was totally just a sequel. And at the point I was in too deep to escape." 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 August 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#38 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

Reboot would be much preferable and although that's still cash grab, it would have been much better than now because it's what I said to rocci, with sequel, if the world itself is done enough, then there's nothing to go over, especially if you are redoing the same concept.

Ikemoto reminds me of Hey Arnold! episode, where you have two people split up but they have strong perks in their own rights: one can write a lyric but sucks at singing, one can sing but sucks at writing a lyric. In this case, maybe his designs for character can be decent, albeit busy (Sarada), but his art with its struggle for unknown reason really make them look bland and lifeless. I see latest chapter for Tokyo Ghoul and the detail really brings many definitions to one character.

It's like I said, art can really bring life.

#39 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

Reboot would be much preferable and although that's still cash grab, it would have been much better than now because it's what I said to rocci, with sequel, if the world itself is done enough, then there's nothing to go over, especially if you are redoing the same concept.

Ikemoto reminds me of Hey Arnold! episode, where you have two people split up but they have strong perks in their own rights: one can write a lyric but sucks at singing, one can sing but sucks at writing a lyric. In this case, maybe his designs for character can be decent, albeit busy (Sarada), but his art with its struggle for unknown reason really make them look bland and lifeless. I see latest chapter for Tokyo Ghoul and the detail really brings many definitions to one character.

It's like I said, art can really bring life.

You know to be honest even if he rebooted it to have nH. It would still be better then Boruto.

#40 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:57 PM

You know to be honest even if he rebooted it to have nH. It would still be better then Boruto.

I wouldn't mind. So long it has a well thought developments and moments. I don't dislike NH because NS lost or anything of some sort. I don't like it because it lacks real developments and the canon aspect is awful. The real moment is back in Chunnin Exam. After that, you have to wait until Pain Arc. That's far too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users