6 replies to this topic

#1 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

I think I can put this here. If not, then I can just delete, but I need help.

I have a blank canvas and a lot of paint at my disposal. (Watercolor at the moment)

What should I paint? Should I do a NaruSaku picture or just do something random? Many ideas through my head, but can't decide what to do. So I am going to ask you guys here. What do you guys want to see? Anything you want.

I'll even sell someone the piece if they wish to have it.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 10 2012, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a blank canvas and a lot of paint at my disposal. (Watercolor at the moment)

What should I paint? Should I do a NaruSaku picture or just do something random? Many ideas through my head, but can't decide what to do. So I am going to ask you guys here. What do you guys want to see? Anything you want.

I find watercolors best for landscapes, especially if it's on canvas. The fading colors in lesser layers are really good for atmospheric perspective and subtle shading. So, I vote landscape.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 13 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 10 2012, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a quick tip, sometimes canvas can act weird with watercolors. It can resist the liquid, leaving the watercolor to float on top. It's different than watercolor paper, where the paint soaks in and holds on. Anyway, if it looks weird when you first apply, don't give up. I just did a quick google search and came up with all kinds of tips (wetting canvas, laying down a color wash, priming, etc.), so one's bound to fix any problem you might encounter.

I think before you commit to any one image you should sketch out what you have in mind. Do two or three different images, and see which one you like best. Or find a favorite image and use that as your reference (sketch it out and go from there).

My advice is not to do an NS pic. Because on canvas it might be really hard capture to the same quality as the anime/manga characters (unless you have your own style you are super comfortable with). However, doing a landscape or a still life or some other beautiful scene, you could really stretch your creative wings and get a lot more satisfaction out of the process and the end results. Probably more than tackling a subject that has a highly defined style attached to it.

Best of luck! Let us know what you come up with!

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

I am not doing landscapes. Sorry I did that for 6 months one semester and it was HORRIBLE. I painted the same graveyard 20 times and it was ridiculous. I started painting people in the graveyard just to add flavor. I called the teacher insane. She thought I was being fickle as an artist. Bob Ross does landscapes, but he made his own up. She wouldn't even let me have creative freedom. I also like painting landscapes in oil rather than watercolor.

Painting a landscape is...okay, but it's boring to me. Especially painting from real life.

BTW, when I say "canvas" I don't literally mean a canvas. I am using a giant pad with special paper suited for watercolor. Come on, guys, I have been doing for a good 15 years. Done nearly everything under the sun. Painted with every material. (Hell, I even did an art piece based around nail polish on wood. Sadly that got destroyed at an art show. Pissed me off.) Not to sound rude, but trust me, I know putting water color on canvas is a stupid idea unless of course to got this special mixture I have, but that's just splitting hairs. Every surface to me is a "canvas." If I can paint, draw, carve, or alter it in anyway. It is a canvas to me.

Ever paint on tea bags? I had this one creative idea with tea bags that since they are made to absorb water or at least not deteriorate on contact with water, I thought I try it a few times. I got an A+ on the problem because my teacher was impressed by my idea. The art though is so delicate, but it is fantastic. The process I used is a secret of mine.

I think I'll do a NS pic just to prove I can do it......WITH a landscape. Muwahahaha lol
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 14 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not doing landscapes. Sorry I did that for 6 months one semester and it was HORRIBLE. I painted the same graveyard 20 times and it was ridiculous. I started painting people in the graveyard just to add flavor. I called the teacher insane. She thought I was being fickle as an artist. Bob Ross does landscapes, but he made his own up. She wouldn't even let me have creative freedom. I also like painting landscapes in oil rather than watercolor.

Painting a landscape is...okay, but it's boring to me. Especially painting from real life.

BTW, when I say "canvas" I don't literally mean a canvas. I am using a giant pad with special paper suited for watercolor. Come on, guys, I have been doing for a good 15 years. Done nearly everything under the sun. Painted with every material. (Hell, I even did an art piece based around nail polish on wood. Sadly that got destroyed at an art show. Pissed me off.) Not to sound rude, but trust me, I know putting water color on canvas is a stupid idea unless of course to got this special mixture I have, but that's just splitting hairs. Every surface to me is a "canvas." If I can paint, draw, carve, or alter it in anyway. It is a canvas to me.

Ever paint on tea bags? I had this one creative idea with tea bags that since they are made to absorb water or at least not deteriorate on contact with water, I thought I try it a few times. I got an A+ on the problem because my teacher was impressed by my idea. The art though is so delicate, but it is fantastic. The process I used is a secret of mine.

I think I'll do a NS pic just to prove I can do it......WITH a landscape. Muwahahaha lol

To be honest, I've never been a fan of watercolors, anyhow. Not by themselves, anyway. But I've seen some impressive mixed media work done with them. Namely watercolor, acrylics and paint markers. Normally a street art kind of thing, but it can be really cool. Aside from that, a great deal of modern manga artists you gray scale or sepia-tone watercolor washes for their textures and shading, and have almost abandoned screen tones altogether.

Anyway, whatever you're doing, I'd appreciate it if you post it here. It would be interesting to see.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#6 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 14 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hun ............... let me think how about naruto flying with sakura or somthing like this

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 14 2012, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So let me see if I get this right: You wrote "canvas" then say that's not at all what you meant. So then the "not to sound rude" in your reply is you actually being rude, right?

Obviously I would never have wasted either of our time had I known it would be such a "stupid idea."

If you post a comment asking for feedback, then you should be prepared to respond politely to that feedback, whatever it is. You act as if I or anyone else here should know anything about your artwork. Well we don't. And responses like that certainly don't make me want to care.

Best of luck in your future endeavours. Paint whatever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users