137 replies to this topic

#101 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

Well I just backed Shen Mue 3, First time I've evern backed a kickstarter project (well I backed OUYA, and then cancelled almost straight away once I thought about it and realised it was doomed for failure.)

iAnby7W.gif

#102 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

backwards compatibility.

anigif_enhanced-30780-1427061581-3.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#103 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

backwards compatibility.

I know, Phil just started the speech and mentioned a feature fans have been asking for since the beginning and I reacted just like all the fans in the crowd who figured out what feature Phil was talking about.

Ofcourse it doesn't come close to my reaction when Shenmue was announced...though you guys pretty much saw my reaction when it happened. As I was typing a message about FF7 at the time. If it was not 3am at the time I probably would have screamed.

iAnby7W.gif

#104 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

What's backward compatibility?

#105 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

What's backward compatibility?

XBOX ONE will be able to play games from XBOX 360.

#106 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:17 AM

backwards compatibility.

Man, Sony better step up their game if they want to keep up.

But, Fallout 4 stole it for me in this E3. Not even FF7 could top that.

Combat with power armor looks freaking amazing. 

Edited by alexander, 18 June 2015 - 02:18 AM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#107 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

XBOX ONE will be able to play games from XBOX 360.

Which is freaking cool 

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#108 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

There is nothing to step up too, XBOX ONE is just more expensive 360 now.

#109 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

But, Fallout 4 stole it for me in this E3. Not even FF7 could top that.

Combat with power armor looks freaking amazing. 

I have to agree with that, I watched Bathesda's press conference and was very impressed, specially the Fallout four presentation, that was the best presentation Ive seen, and I'm someone who does not play Bathesda games, I've never played Fallout 3 or Skyrim...I want that mobile Fallout game too, but it was only announced on isheep devices.

iAnby7W.gif

#110 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:39 PM

There is nothing to step up too, XBOX ONE is just more expensive 360 now.

Sorry but Xbox one's rest of 2015 is better than PS4 when you're talking about exclusives

#111 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Sorry but Xbox one's rest of 2015 is better than PS4 when you're talking about exclusives

What exclusives when it's just a new shell for 360, just more expensive.

#112 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

All i can see is hype, hype and hype.

Those E3s (or even GamesComs) are nothing more than 'live' commercials that put their upcoming products in the best light possible. Just look back the past ten years of E3 history and you have at best a handfull cases where the anticipation and expectations were met. The bread and butter of the gaming industry, especially the so called 'tripple A publishers', are lies and placations that 'this time everything will be different and better'.

And most people are so busy shedding tears and screaming their lungs out that some awesome series gets their long awaited third part, that they're ignoring what precedent this can set for a website that's not made for major publishers...

@NU01

The PS4 doesn't have one single upcoming money-catcher and you won't really see that many of them in the future either thanks to Sony's financial problems, so yeah the Xbox One has the better cards in the long run.

Edited by Decius23, 18 June 2015 - 10:59 PM.

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#113 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

@NU01
The PS4 doesn't have one single upcoming money-catcher and you won't really see that many of them in the future either thanks to Sony's financial problems, so yeah the Xbox One has the better cards in the long run.

Yeah, like FFVII will be on PC and PS4 - xbox one is not there, high quiality JRPG went above it.
Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, yeah, The Last Guardian.

And I ain't even talked how Microsoft lost war even before it started, because of stupid marketing moves like having bigger price with kinect connected, only after year they realised that it was wrong choice and released another version, but now PS4 gives a chance to add more memory to it.

And what's will be ONE exclusives? Tomb Rider that is copycat of Ucharted or HD Gears of War? Yeah... only after long time MS realised that at least granting 360 games on ONE will somewhat make it looks intresting in eyes of gamers, because before it was just expensive dvd for TV. But anyway, I'm not a fanboy of any of those consoles, just facts. All I was happy about is FFVII to PC.

#114 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:12 PM

Okay so now that E3 is coming to an end, my final thoughts: 

Well Sony won this year, again. Nintendo won last year for me but fell flat this year. Games I will be buying at full price: 

Final Fantasy VII 

Kingdom Hearts III 

Shenmue III 

Fallout 4 

Assassin's Creed Syndacite 

Unravel 

Street Fighter 5 

Dem Sony exclusives 

No Man's Sky  

The Rise of the Tomb Raider

Last Guardian II  

Sony needs backwards compatibility but ah well. That's the only good side for Microsoft. I'm still waiting for a game that screams to me why I should buy an Xbox One. But once again, this is my opinion and I know a lot of others disagree! :) Still a good E3 for me!

Edited by Pix, 18 June 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#115 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, like FFVII will be on PC and PS4 - xbox one is not there, high quiality JRPG went above it.
Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, yeah, The Last Guardian.

And I ain't even talked how Microsoft lost war even before it started, because of stupid marketing moves like having bigger price with kinect connected, only after year they realised that it was wrong choice and released another version, but now PS4 gives a chance to add more memory to it.

And what's will be ONE exclusives? Tomb Rider that is copycat of Ucharted or HD Gears of War? Yeah... only after long time MS realised that at least granting 360 games on ONE will somewhat make it looks intresting in eyes of gamers, because before it was just expensive dvd for TV. But anyway, I'm not a fanboy of any of those consoles, just facts. All I was happy about is FFVII to PC.

I'm not just talking about games and short term profit but the whole ecosystem of the console. Sony is in huge financial troubles and the PS4 is too limited to help push other divisions of Sony. A good idea would have been to install additional hardware into Sony TVs to help reduce input/output lag or better multimedia-server features but Sony decided to limit themselves to the 'simple gaming experience'.

Additionally, the PC gaming segment has significantly grown in the past years and is expected to eclipse console gaming in the coming years so triple-A console exclusives will become rarer and rarer.

And what is the PS4 good for then? Nobody will buy a 400$ device for just playing the next 'Journey' or even 'Uncharted 5'. The XBox has far superior multimedia features so more people will get the Xbox for their all-in-one multimedia centre.

So yeah, even if the PS4 has the better line-up so far (i don't hold my breath for FF7 and Horizon to be any good though and The last Guardian is too niche to be really successfull) it loses because it's too focused on gaming alone.

Oh and please don't say that Uncharted was copied by Tomb Raider - it's the other way...

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#116 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

What exclusives when it's just a new shell for 360, just more expensive.

Calling X'one " just a new shell " for 360 is too much BS, man

I prefer the PS4 in the long run of course especially because of the nostalgia factor and the fact that one of my favourite game franchises is bringing it's upcoming game as a PS4 exclusive  but I'm not going to lie and try to deny the fact that the people who have X'one will be better served this year with another Forza game, Tomb Raider's new game, Halo 5, and will continue quite strong next year with Gears of War 4 

I don't care if you consider Tomb Raider as "a copycat" of uncharted ( it doesn't even makle sense because tomb raider came first), the first game was freaking amazing and I'm excited for more

PS4 will be strong in 2016 but has no exclusives whatsoever to stay strong for the rest of this year

Edited by Nar123, 19 June 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#117 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Final Fantasy XV:                                    Announcement: 2006               Release:It's 2015, and it's still not out.

Final Fantasy VII (Remade):                   Announcement: 2015               Release: It's 2024, and it's still not out.

Edited by trang95, 19 June 2015 - 08:53 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#118 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

Final Fantasy XV: Announcement: 2006               Release:It's 2015, and it's still not out.

Final Fantasy VII: Announcement: 2015               Release: It's 2024, and it's still not out.

But FFVII been out for 20 years  :zaru:

#119 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

But FFVII been out for 20 years  :zaru:

You're happy now :hm: ?

Final Fantasy XV:                                    Announcement: 2006               Release:It's 2015, and it's still not out.

Final Fantasy VII (Remade):                   Announcement: 2015               Release: It's 2024, and it's still not out.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#120 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

You're happy now :hm: ?

NO, FFXV wasn't announced in 2006 it was FFXIII versus  :pimp:

And what was announced on this E3 isn't "remade"  :lmao:

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 19 June 2015 - 09:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaming, conference, e3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users