• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#53481 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 05 December 2021 - 01:43 AM

So do I, James, and where Shueisha and Studio Pierrot took advantage of his grief to get what they felt would be the most financially beneficial to the series

Lol, too bad that the jokes on them a Boruto isnt doing that well at all, which makes me laugh so hard.

Hell I think Pokemon gets more money than Boruto which makes me laugh if its true.

#53482 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:14 AM

He only "regretted" his decision when he found out that a single Peter Parker wasn't nearly as profitable as he originally asserted, and changed his tune in order to cover his ass. Also, when it got out that he only attacked the Pete x MJ pairing because he was going through a messy divorce and took that out on the comic series, as well as others. 

Really? Because from things he has said from posts like this, it doesn't sound that way https://nineteennine...e-who-are-still

I also heard he killed off jean gray and wasp who were married to cyclopes and hank pym at the time ti make the male heroes more "interesting". Also heard that he banned wolverine from smoking because a family member apparently died of lung cancer or something? Granted I learned this stuff from tv tropes and I don't fully trust them   

#53483 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 05 December 2021 - 04:12 AM

Really? Because from things he has said from posts like this, it doesn't sound that way https://nineteennine...e-who-are-still

I also heard he killed off jean gray and wasp who were married to cyclopes and hank pym at the time ti make the male heroes more "interesting". Also heard that he banned wolverine from smoking because a family member apparently died of lung cancer or something? Granted I learned this stuff from tv tropes and I don't fully trust them   

On his personal blog, no.  When Nick Spencer was announced back in 2018 to be the new mainstream writer for Amazing Spider-Man and detailed his plans to reunite MJ and Peter?  He stated that while having dinner with  Quesada, he "was never opposed to the idea of them getting back together". https://www.washingt...aughs-and-love/

Edited by Kagomaru, 05 December 2021 - 06:09 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#53484 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 December 2021 - 11:49 AM

On his personal blog, no.  When Nick Spencer was announced back in 2018 to be the new mainstream writer for Amazing Spider-Man and detailed his plans to reunite MJ and Peter?  He stated that while having dinner with  Quesada, he "was never opposed to the idea of them getting back together". https://www.washingt...aughs-and-love/

I see, though I'm still not convinced he is for them to be married again

#53485 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 05 December 2021 - 03:31 PM

I see, though I'm still not convinced he is for them to be married again

Neither am I, he's made that abundantly clear.  But unlike what Slott insisted without basis for the better part of a decade, there were never an editorial edict that would have prohibited him from writing them as a couple again in the main continuity other than the simple fact that he didn't want to.  And since Kevin Feige currently outranks Quesada and Breevort as Chief Creative Officer at Marvel, and has stated he is a enormous fan of the JMS-era Spidey comics (aka he loves Married Peter Parker), there's nothing that Quesada can do if someone decides to canonize their marriage again.

Edited by Kagomaru, 05 December 2021 - 03:32 PM.

#53486 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 06:07 PM

Quasada order them and a lot of other couples in Marvels removed due to the bad divorce. They stayed divorce for so long out of pettiness and pride. Marvel's comic staff resented that their customers hated an idea by their then beloved boss and told them they weren't interested in any story ideas from this concept. Also from what I understand if ever since Mj and Peter got together there has been people in marvel trying to break them up and make Spiderman single again; the clone saga was their most infamous attempt before One More Day. And for Pride, Dan Slott started Post-OMD his entire run was their break up and he decided to stay as writer until he literally became the person that had been Spiderman's writer the longest. Ethan Van Schiver had an interview with him where he stated that and it was clear he was doing out of bitterness and spite. 

And there wasn't much will to remove him till Nick Spincer needed something big after the whole made Captain America a Nazi story flopped harder then Naruto had to rebuild his reputation. Which changed the tone of Marvel from, "we will never put MJ and Peter back together," to, "we always wanted them back together because we all love that pairing."

Edit: As for anything happening to Naruto like that? Nothing will happen until Boruto ends and then we'll see.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 December 2021 - 08:12 AM.

#53487 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 06 December 2021 - 01:52 AM

Quasada order them and a lot of other couple in Marvels removed due to the bad divorce. They stayed divorce for so long out of pettiness and pride. Marvel's comic staff resented that their customers hated an idea by their then beloved boss and told them they weren't interested in any story ideas from this concept. Also from what I understand if ever since Mj and Peter got together there has been people in marvel trying to break them up and make Spiderman single again; the clone saga was their most infamous attempt before One More Day. And for Pride, Dan Slott started Post-OMD his entire run was their break up and he decided to stay as writer until he literally became the person that had been Spiderman's writer the longest. Ethan Van Schiver had an interview with him where he stated that and it was clear he was doing out of bitterness and spite. 

And there wasn't much will to remove him till Nick Spincer needed something big after the whole made Captain America a Nazi story flopped harder then Naruto has to rebuild his reputation. Which changed the tone of Marvel from, "we will never put MJ and Peter back together", to, "we always wanted them back together because we all love that pairing."

Edit: As for anything happening to Naruto like that nothing will until Boruto ends and then we'll see.

Sadly with Naruto it wont happen because of SP Hinata fans who are all so in love with her, and just the thought of Hinata not getting her happy ending would drive them crazy.

Plus if they did then they all need to say it was a forced pairing because they all played favourites. That they purposely made Sakura look bad to make Hinata look better.

#53488 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 06 December 2021 - 03:40 AM

Lol, too bad that the jokes on them a Boruto isnt doing that well at all, which makes me laugh so hard.

Hell I think Pokemon gets more money than Boruto which makes me laugh if its true.

Kind of an unfair comparison. Pokemon is one of the most successful franchises in the entire world. Even if the anime doesn't do well, the games, merchandise, ect all make up for it. You can't even see Burrito in comparison to how massively successful Pokemon is. Even when Pokemon messes up.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#53489 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 04:33 AM

I object to the idea that The Last was about Naruto getting a trophy wife.

The last was about two things. One, to make it clear that Hinata was NEVER Naruto's second option/silver medal. No matter what had to be removed, erased, abandoned, or ret-conned to make it happen. And, two, Hinata was the most perfect woman/princess/goddess/queen to ever exist EVER and the story was about rewarding her for trials and tribulations -of doing nothing- by giving her the man she was entitled to.

Hinata was not the trophy wife. Naruto was the trophy husband; who should be grateful that he is allowed to be with such a perfect woman. 

Well, yeah, hence the retcon flashback prior to academy.

#53490 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 December 2021 - 06:55 PM

I don't wanna get off topic but today would have been my dad's 59th birthday.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#53491 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 07 December 2021 - 10:53 PM

I wish your dad a Happy Birthday! :love:

#53492 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear, Ken, but that's cool your dad would have been 59. Reminds me of how my dad's gonna be 59 soon.

#53493 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:29 PM

happy birthday to him celebrate it in love and faith

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#53494 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 07:13 AM

Well ultimately I want to address the elephant in the room regarding the last movie. Should ANYONE that is an actual fan of the series be satisfied with it? NO. Not even NH fans that support the couple And reject everything else. I'll explain why later, since my break is almost done at work.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2021 - 01:02 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53495 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 07:35 AM

Well ultimately I want to address the elephant in the room regarding the last movie. Should ANYONE that is an actual fan of the series be satisfied with it? NO. Not even NH fans that support the couple And reject everything else. Ill explain why later, since my break is almost done at work.

Well, let's hope you got something pretty big to say, Phantom, because I'm gonna wanna get some soda or water and popcorn :D

#53496 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 12:53 PM

Right, so The Last Naruto the movie, what to say about it? It is an insult to everyone that ever supported Naruto in the first place and that includes NH fans, even the ones that bash other pairings into the dirt. That movie invalidates even any development of NaruHina it self and no-one should be happy with it, but let me explain why even Hinata worshippers or Sakura haters should not be even remotely satisfied with this movie

If you are a fan that is completely enamored with Naruto getting hitched with his one true lady Hinata Hyuga, all logic be damned, you are one of two factions I'm sure. 1. those that want a rejection revenge plot against Sakura for daring not to be the sweet childhood friend that reciprocates Naruto's love AS HE DESERVES, or 2. Of the opinion Hinata is the true MC of the series and should have the man of her dreams, period. With this out of the way let's tear into this kitten movie's logic with unholy impunity. :kukuku:

First off, sorry to say, (but not really) :zaru: Where do you see Naruto happily rejecting Sakura in favor of Hinata, his one true love? The movie did not have Naruto laugh at Sakura's face and rub salt in the wound that she missed out on his manly loins and that he found his one and only woman that loves him for who he is. If anything, Sakura WASHED HER HANDS CLEAN of both Naruto AND his love confession so she could go on her merry way to have a guilt marriage and pity XXX with Sasuke undeterred. This is ignoring the fact that Naruto also doesn't understand romantic love by the way. Sucks for you, whoever was pissed off at Sakura's friend zoning. It was not about Naruto getting relationship revenge now is it?

Oh, well Hinata is the sweet tragic heroine that deserves love from the man she's longed for all these years, doesn't she? BUT WAIT! What was the problem again? Oh right Naruto didn't understand romantic love. Hinata's love wasn't even the driving point of the movie, it was Naruto was a mo-effing idiot to not realize he loved Hinata and should have been loving Hinata all these years. What caused his change in feelings was not even spending the last few days with Hinata and getting to know her. It was a genjutsu that made him PITY HER into feeling that way. So not only was Hinata's confession, her random acts of kindness to Naruto or any of their heart to heart talks of any shape or form rendered irrelevant, the movie even showed that their bonding time in the duration of the film did not matter. Wouldn't you, as a shipper feel insulted by that? I would, especially if I've been shoving my own head up my kitten-hole preaching and ranting that Naruto and Hinata have true love between them. 

in short I can't even be angry anymore except for the movie existing. I wouldn't have liked NaruSaku being canon that way if it means spitting on the characters' integrity and development. Everybody lost this one, because the victory of NH is shallow. So very shallow. NaruHina are an official couple but it had nothing to do with true love. It had to do with Naruto not coming off as running to Hinata as a second place pity prize, and in doing so completely smashed all meaning and coherence in the story including any semblance of what could have been considered development between Naruto and Hinata like a wrecking ball. No joke, I am actually vicariously depressed for any NH fan, after typing this. Naruto isn't a romance manga and never was, after this movie. It is a guilt trip marriage manga.

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 January 2022 - 11:37 AM.

#53497 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 04:20 PM

Right so The Last, Naruto the movie, what to say about it? It is an insult to everyone that ever supported Naruto in the first place and that includes NH fans even the ones that insult and bash other pairings into the dirt. That movie invalidates even  any development of NaruHina it self and no on should be happy with it, but let me explain why even Hinata worshippers or Sakura haters should not be even remotely satisfired with this movie

If you are a fan that is completely enamored with Naruto getting hitched with his one true lady Hinata Hyuga, all logic be damned, you are one of 2 factions I'm sure. 1. those that want a rejection revenge fic against Saukura for daring not to be the sweet childhood friend that reciprocates Naruto's love AS HE DESERVES, or 2. Of the opinion Hinata is the true MC of the series and should have the man of her dreams, period. with this out of the way let's tear into this kitten movie's logic with unholy impunity. :kukuku:

first off, sorry to say, (but not really) :zaru: Where do you see Naruto happily rejecting Sakura in favor of Hinata, his one true love? The movie did not have Naruto laugh at Sakura's face and rub salt in the wound that she missed out on his manly loins and that he found the woman of his dreams that loves him for who he is. If anything, Sakura WASHED HER HANDS CLEAN of both Naruto AND his love confession so she could go on her merry way to have a guilt marriage and pity XXX with Sasuke undeterred. This is ignoring the fact that also Naruto doesn't understand romantic love by the way Sucks for you, whoever was pissed off at Sakura's friend zoning, It was not about Naruto getting relationship revenge now is it?

Oh well Hinata is the sweet tragic heroine that deserves love from the man she's longed for all these years, doesn't she? BUT WAIT! What was the problem again? Oh right Naruto didn't understand romantic love. Hinata's love wasn't even the driving point of the story, it was Naruto was a m- effing idiot to not realize he loved Hinata and should have been loving Hinata all these years. What caused his change in feelings was not even spending the last few days with Hinata and getting to know her. It was a genjutsu that GUILT TRIPPED him into feeling that way. so not only was Hinata's confession, her random acts of kindness to Naruto or any of their heart to heart talks of any shape or form rendered irrelevant, the movie even showed that their bonding time in the duration of the film did not matter. Wouldn't you, as a shipper feel insulted by that? I would, especially if I've been shoving my own head up my kitten-hole preaching and ranting that Naruto and Hinata have true love between them.

in short I can't even be angry anymore except for the movie existing. I wouldn't have liked NaruSaku being canon that way if it means spitting on the characters' integrity and development.. Everybody lost this one, because the victory of NH is shallow. So very shallow. NaruHina are an official couple but it had nothing to do with true love. It had to do with Naruto not coming off as running to Hinata as a second place pity prize, and in doing so completely smashed all meaning and coherence in the story including any semblence of what could have een considered development between Naruto and Hinata like a wrecking ball. No joke, I am actually vicariously depressed for any NH fan, after typing this. Naruto isn't a romance manga and never was, after this especially. It is a guilt trip marriage manga, and using the kids in these unions as an excuse to not divorce.

WOW! You really knocked it out of the park here, Phantom, and explained a lot of just what's wrong with The Last and everything after it!

What the problem with it all also is how some things are done too, like how the movie has to lie about why Naruto loved Sakura, when we know he saw she was just like him in that she wanted acknowledgement too. And how he was in awe of her so much.

#53498 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:13 AM

It's been six years and I'm still pissed off about it. 

Like, I used to be so passioned about reading Naruto fanfiction, engaging with the community and bam, that ending ruined everything. I can't even watch Boruto without being pissed. Petty? Yes. I don't care. 

And you know what? If Kishi had actually built up NaruHina from day one, or at least at the first time skip I could accept that. But just springing it on us like that with no development?

JFC

#53499 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:36 AM

If Kishi had any solid foundation for NH in the manga, that movie wouldn't be needed and any characterization and development wouldn't have been blown to smithereens. It's made worse by the fact that the movie was made so Hinata wouldn't feellike a cheap cop out second option because Sakura was taken.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 December 2021 - 12:36 AM.

#53500 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:52 AM

Also, i'm not sure if this is the right place, but has anyone made the casual connection to how most male NH fans started that way simply because they want to kitten Hinata, and have some serious sexist tendencies when they discuss Sakura?  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users