Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

If you haven't seen it. So here:

http://www.screwatta...oku-vs-superman

Youtube

Anyway, I am not going to spoil it for your guys on who won, but I want to say this these fans are...immature and whiny. I always hate seeing these things happen with any of it and while I tend to complain on things I always try to be educate in what I am complaining about.

Unlike previous death battles, this one they did A LOT of research on and tried their best to be able to make a great fight. While I haven't always agreed with all the death battles, this one is by far the best. They even explain things down to a T a show their process of thinking. This one they tried to cover all bases and it still wasn't enough to satisfy.

I do like one thing though which I am glad they touched upon. Everyone knows that Superman is weak to magic, however they used official sources to show how Ki and magic are two different things and they explain it quite well using the very official sources.

Now for my opinion on the winner.
My thoughts. --Click here to view--
I am not surprised Superman won. As much as I like Goku, I can see how he would have lost. Superman is...just godly. This can be both a good and bad things because despite what people have said, he does have weaknesses. I was a little confused about judging Goku's speed, but even if they were off I still say he is slower than Superman. However which way you slice it, this was by far one of the most enjoyable death battles I have ever seen and the ones that has been most thought out. Whether you agree with the outcome or not, I think we all can agree it was a great battle.

BTW, this is my 2000th post. XD

Edited by James S Cassidy, 25 January 2013 - 01:05 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

I would just say that, without the sun, and Goku turning into SS3 (or 4, including DBGT) very early on, I'd probably declare it a very solid tie, or Superman winning due to sheer durability.

I do think Goku can move the same speed as Supes, but would require effort, while Superman speeds up almost effortlessly.

Still, to see the Embodiment of Fighting/Combat vs. the Embodiment of Superheroism fight is always sheer epic, awesome.

Then, they'd probably go out to eat after enjoying themselves while their wives berate them for fighting each other.

In the end, they're no match for the strongest being in the known Omniverse:

The True Winner --Click here to view--

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 12 January 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Super man has NO durability without the yellow sun. mellow.gif His powers don't activate unless exposed to those rays. At last as far as I can tell.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2013 - 05:36 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

I dunno, I've always thought Superman acted as a Solar battery, he does have Yellow Sun energy within him, but he needs to recharge once in awhile.

headscratch.gif

I couldn't care less, really. It'd be a fantastic fight, resulting in the destruction of several planets. And me without my popcorn shamefulcry0js.gif

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I give major props to the guys behind death battle, their researching skills were great. The question on who would win in an epic battle was a very daunting task, and personally I think they put a great amount of skill into their findings.

My thoughts on the outcome --Click here to view--
I'm a Goku fangirl so of course I was routing for my favorite Sayajin to win. However I knew boy scout Superman would win. The fight was great and if it wasn't for Goku wanting an honest fight Superman would have lost very early on.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#6 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

I'm trying to watch it, but it's just not buffering. It freezes every few seconds to buffer, and it really aggravates me. At this rate it'd take an hour to watch it.
Is it uploaded on any other websites?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to watch it, but it's just not buffering. It freezes every few seconds to buffer, and it really aggravates me. At this rate it'd take an hour to watch it.
Is it uploaded on any other websites?

Unfortunately, not at this time. They will release it on youtube eventually, but not now.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Ok, thank god it eventually buffered. I just finished it. And WOW, that was amazing. Just, amazing.

They explained their position very well, so I can't argue. Their statement about limits near the end was about as accurate as it can get, from what I can see. So, amazing, AMAZING job on this.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 12 January 2013 - 08:10 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Goku could explode the entire galaxy and teleport to other planet, i dont understand why he didnt teleport on the final showdown.
LOL.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 RikutoShika

RikutoShika

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hmm...umm,I like : <br />-Listenin to Music<br />-Reading manga<br />-Watching anime<br />-Hanging out with my friends<br />-Soccer

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 12 2013, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goku could explode the entire galaxy and teleport to other planet, i dont understand why he didnt teleport on the final showdown.
LOL.

Well i guese goku isnt really that bright when it comes to escapes and stuff
JenvsHenra.pngQOKznxM.gif

#11 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (RikutoShika @ Jan 12 2013, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i guese goku isnt really that bright

Fixed

tongue.gif

Seriously though, Superman is OP as hell. Course he wins.
\

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 12 2013, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL.

2 reasons

1. Instant transmission can not be used in high stress situations. Sometimes Goku cannot get a lock on someone or something to "teleport."

2. Goku is not a coward. He stays until he wins or dies.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUESTION. What is Superman's power level? tongue.gif

#14 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 21 2013, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUESTION. What is Superman's power level? tongue.gif

It's well over 9000.....yeah sorry I had too heheelq7.png but in all seriousness Superman is OP. I think the guys at death battle did a great job doing the math to see how strong he is. However Superman is as strong as he needs to be so I dont think there's a set power level for him nor will there ever be.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

But so is Goku. tongue.gif How many people do you see almost destroy a planet by just sheer battle aura? biggrin.gif

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 21 2013, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But so is Goku. tongue.gif How many people do you see almost destroy a planet by just sheer battle aura? biggrin.gif

I think death battle summed it up pretty well with the whole

"A man who can overcome any limit vs. A man who has no limits"

The only true "limits" superman has is himself. Whether through mind-blocks or purposely holding back.

Oh umm, here is the youtube version for people who can't access the other one

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

i always say superman XD

he can lift planets!!! PLANETS!!!!

and why would anyone want to destroy the sun! XD that would kill everyone!

Edited by merryGOflava, 25 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#18 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

It was by far one of the most epic battles they've done to date (Mario vs Sonic is my favorite still)... I don't know if it's true, but I heard that a Naruto character might be next and since they said it would be "Electrifying" I can only assume that it's either Sasuke or Kakashi. Or electrifying means nothing and it could mean Naruto himself. Or it's just a rumor and I'm getting everyone's hopes up for nothing ^^;

Thoughts and comments --Click here to view--
I'll admit I was pulling for Goku as he always defies the odds... but that line about limits hit really deep. I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but know enough about him to know that he's haxed to the max. I do think their Goku calculations were a bit off since they choose mid Saiyan Saga, but I don't think it would have made much of a difference really. The only thing thought the ensured Supe's win was the fact that he's invincible when influenced by the Yellow Sun, so basically this was Vegeta vs Shadow, except there was no time limit. But what can I say, the winner was chosen based on pretty fair calculations.

Edited by MangaReader, 25 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 25 2013, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing thought the ensured Supe's win was the fact that he's invincible when influenced by the Yellow Sun, so basically this was Vegeta vs Shadow, except there was no time limit. But what can I say, the winner was chosen based on pretty fair calculations.

I too was going for Goku even though deep down I knew Superman would win. In the end to make myself feel better about him losing I tell myself that Goku doesn't need the sun to be awesome biggrin.gif But yes the calculations were above and beyond.

#20 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Jan 25 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too was going for Goku even though deep down I knew Superman would win. In the end to make myself feel better about him losing I tell myself that Goku doesn't need the sun to be awesome biggrin.gif But yes the calculations were above and beyond.

I always wondered about something. Superman uses the sun to amplify himself. So does Goku. What happens if you take away both their sources?

Like make Goku unable to access his Ki and Superman doesn't charge from the sun.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users