• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 5 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He has a Sixth Degree Black Belt and teaches his own student in his own style of Martial arts too.IT'S CALLED Toso Kune Do I go to his school sometimes to wacth and they're really good too.

Thats awesome, but he still would get whooped by any mid tier fighter.
\

#22 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 5 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats awesome, but he still would get whooped by any mid tier fighter.

Not really, I have seen him fight on You tube and He is really an awesome fighter.

Here is the you tube video.

#23 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 5 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really, I have seen him fight on You tube and He is really an awesome fighter.

Here is the you tube video.

Do you know what MMA is? Have you actually watched a fight?
\

#24 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 5 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you know what MMA is? Have you actually watched a fight?

Yes, Mixed Martial Arts fighting and Yes, I have watched a fight. On Espan, this type of fighting style got me in to Martial Arts in the first place.

He is a Mixed Martial Artist himself. He formed his own style of Martial arts for crying out loud.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 06 September 2009 - 12:44 AM.

#25 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 5 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Mixed Martial Arts fighting and Yes, I have watched a fight. On Espan, this type of fighting style got me in to Martial Arts in the first place.

He is a Mixed Martial Artist himself. He formed his own style of Martial arts for crying out loud.

Wow. If watching ESPN got you into martial arts, then that's just epic fail. Real martial artists don't go around pummeling each other until the arena is full of blood. No offense to you MMA fans, it's a good sport, really, but in no way does that represent true martial arts.

And really? Forming your own martial arts? It's just throwing a bunch of techniques together to make something that'll earn him cash.

#26 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Lawls wut....

Grapples , striking , martial arts , submission are the basics of MMA. (And this is by what I've seen in UFC)

He made up a martial art?

Congratulations. 3 more things for him to learn!

But seriously? Unless he gathered the basics , made them his and spent at least 2 years in MMA bootcamp in learning how to escape moves and earn a mentality to be used in the ring, I don't see his debut being successful.

Still lulzy. But not really gonna wager money on the bloke.

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

and this time, no weak putties are gonna be in front of him!

#28 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

Ok, as a fellow martial artist (Though I'm nowhere near mastery) I have to give him credit at least for having the skill and courage to get into the competition but I won't bet that he will be kicking asses at MMA. normal Martial Arts and MMA can be extremely different in practice as in Martial Arts we are taught to have competitive AND sportsmanship AKA no below the belt hit while MMA as far as I know it allows basically anything except stabbing your opponent's eyes and kick to the groin (Thank the rule maker for the last 1) and everything else is basically free to be done including taking off your opponents joint, a practice thats frowned upon in MOST Martial Arts.

Ryrinea, him making his ows style just doesn't cut it and I have to agree with yaka on this one, unless he AT LEAST got into the mentality of the tournament, he won't even hold a candle to the mid-level fighters

Edited by BlackLightning, 07 September 2009 - 12:43 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users