Popular R&B Singer arrested for Domestic Violence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

http://weblogs.newsd..._shocks_in.html

Apparently, this is like the "WTF?!" moment in black music. mellow.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

Oh yeah, I heard about this. Honestly I don't know anything about Chris Brown, but I do have a song or two by Rihanna, it seems kind of 'wtf'. Though, honestly the only thing I'm shocked about in this is how young Rihanna is, I always thought she was older for some reason.

#3 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

I hope he goes to jail for a long time for this, no matter who you are Domestic Violence is a crime.

uc.png

#4 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:51 AM

whatever makes ya feel tough Chris

#5 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:22 AM

Chris Brown is 19? :T

Anyways I guess popularity isn't enough for Chris, is it?
I am still pinky-ash

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:30 AM

Brown just got out of jail on $50,000 bail what a load of ****. Proof once again that you can get away with anything as long as you're a celebrity. >:(

uc.png

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

Come on now. Can anyone really be surprised? It's typical rap and R&B star attitude to get arrested for some dumb crap that they pulled.

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 10 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on now. Can anyone really be surprised? It's typical rap and R&B star attitude to get arrested for some dumb crap that they pulled.

Not really. It can be very typical to see crazy stuff from very popular Hip-hop/R&B stars like 50 Cent and R.Kelly. However, Chris Brown is hugely popular because not only his songs but also his dance moves that are influenced from Michael Jackson. I never seen a popular singer that is younger than the age of 25 in this kind of crazy drama (Domestic violence? WTH? He's 19 -a year younger than me-, and she's like 23-4-ish.) This is highly shocking even though the reason why he hitted Rihanna because there is a rumor going on that she has herpes.

Correction:

Rihanna is my age, too... damn these young adults having crazy drama

latest?cb=20140126021943

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:13 AM

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating whether R&B artist Chris Brown battered his girlfriend, singing sensation Rihanna, Early Show national correspondent Hattie Kauffman reports. "Chris Brown is in huge trouble," said Harvey Levin of TMZ.com. "I mean, he could go to prison for years."

They are two of today's hottest stars. Rihanna holds the record for digital downloads last year Brown was named 2008 artist of the year by Billboard magazine. Shortly before the incident they appeared happy at a pre-Grammy party.

They'd just left a party. It was 12:30 a.m. when the two pulled up in a Lamborghini on a street. A witness told police they argued and it escalated, leaving the female passenger with "visible injuries."

"She suffered two huge contusions on both sides of her face," Levin said. "She had a bloody lip, she had a bloody nose. And there are reports that she had a bite on one of her arms and legs."

Celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos drove Brown to a police station where he surrendered. He posted $50,000 bail and was released.

The couple had the world on a string. Not anymore.

There's already some fallout for Brown, who is only 19 and had a wholesome image. Wrigley's is suspending all advertising featuring Brown for their Doublemint chewing gum brand.

But what about the legal ramifications if the allegations prove true?

"I think it's unlikely -- first arrest -- that he's going to spend time behind bars," Linda Fairstein, former New York assistant district attorney and author of a new book, "Lethal Legacy" told Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen "The injuries -- and it's a shocking story to hear -- but I believe that Rihanna was treated and released. It's probably going to be a misdemeanor which means a weapon was not used. There may have been the threat of a weapon. So if he's exposed to that kind of criminal process, I'd expect a result like probation and participation in a batterer's program perhaps."

"Let's say she (Rihanna) doesn't want to press charges or, you know, take a part. How likely is it that he is going to be found guilty?" Chen asked Fairstein.

"He could still be found guilty because of the very unique circumstances," Fairstein said. "Most domestic violence happens behind closed doors. And there are no witnesses, and the victim may or may not get immediate treatment. This is very unusual, together at a party and shortly after in a nice part of L.A., Hancock Park, police respond and find her in distress and injured. So I think it wouldn't be hard to prove."

"Will Chris Brown fans forgive him? Should they forgive him?" Chen asked Bragman.

I think that they should toss just his a$$ into jail, and let him cool his heels in there for a *very* long time. Can you believe that there are actually people out there saying that Rihanna probably did something to *provoke* him, and so he *had* to hit her. I don't care *what* excuse/reason he comes up with for doing what he did. Stardom =/= you being able to get away with such a reprehensible act. Chris Brown needs to serve some time for this. As Ed said, too many celebrities get away with too much crap, *just* because they're celebrities.

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

From Good Morning America:

Apparently, they just reported the news and found a reliable source in a magazine interview and it said Brown had witnessed domestic violence in the past. His mother was abused by his stepfather and he admits it that "he hates the guy til this day and he treats women differently..."

Well, it looks like he'd lied about how he treat women differently now...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#11 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

No dude has the right to hit a woman, them being you're gf is a weak excuse too. Its infuriating to see how his fans are still trying to defend him. First they said he just smacked her once, then its that he punched her in the face, but now they said she was in the hospitlal with bite marks and scratches too. How is that anyway to treat someone you supposedly love? Hopefully Rihanna never goes back to that douche again
\

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Feb 9 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brown just got out of jail on $50,000 bail what a load of ****. Proof once again that you can get away with anything as long as you're a celebrity. >:(

The purpose of Bond is for an accused to be able to get out of jail pending the disposition of the case. The purpose of the bond itself is to insure he actually shows up to Court. If he doesn't it gets pulled and a warrant for his arrest is issued. If he is found after that the most likely result is a new (and higher) bond is set.

Most of the time people are entitled to a bond. This is true even in some murder cases. The reason murders often don't bond out is because it's set so high they can't pay it. It varies from State to State, but their are limited circumstances in which a court may set no bond. For a first time offender (I think he is) on a charge that they aren't even sure is a felony at this point and where there is no evidence he's a flight risk...no way.

Think of it this way. Let's say there is sufficient evidence to issue an arrest warrant and to secure an indictment that you stole my car (all you need is probable cause). You are then arrested and sent to jail. Let's also say you get no bond. You now have to sit in jail until your case is disposed of. If your lucky and their fast...that might happen in about a month or two, but if you want a trial you could be sitting there for awhile. How would you feel if you thought you were innocent or better, yet, found innocent?

The vast majority of defendants (including the vast majority of felonies and even those with more serious charges and longer histories than Brown) get a bond set AND are able to make it.

The only way you could show he's getting special treatment by the justice system at this point is if people with similar circumstances (facts, charges, criminal histories and so on) normally get a higher bond than he got. Otherwise, that he was able to bond out doesn't prove a thing.

I'm not defending his actions or saying he hasn't been getting special treatment (not enough information to tell), but based on what you said it didn't look like you were clear on what a bond actually does.

I think that they should toss just his a$$ into jail, and let him cool his heels in there for a *very* long time. Can you believe that there are actually people out there saying that Rihanna probably did something to *provoke* him, and so he *had* to hit her. I don't care *what* excuse/reason he comes up with for doing what he did. Stardom =/= you being able to get away with such a reprehensible act. Chris Brown needs to serve some time for this. As Ed said, too many celebrities get away with too much crap, *just* because they're celebrities.

Based on the article it sounds like a misdemeanor. Those injuiries may sound and look bad, but I doubt they meet the definition of serious bodily injury (what you need for Agg. Assault), which means if they can't prove a weapon was involved, it's a misdemeanor. If there was a weapon, then it's a felony and he's in really deep trouble. If it is a misdemeanor he can probably got to jail for up to one year and without a criminal history that probably isn't going to happen. If it's a felony, then all bets are off, but that has as much to do with the high profile nature of this case than anything else. Would someone who did that normally and had no history get a ton of jail time? Probably not, unless the facts are really, really bad (i.e. worse than normal for that offense).

#13 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

Having known several girls who were in an abusive relationship or victims of assault, this does not sit well with me, to say the very least. I'm feeling really bad for Rhianna.

As for the fans' reaction, it reminds me of that one episode of the Boondocks where R. Kelly went to court for peeing on a girl, but the jury, who were fans of him, aquitted him despite the absolute proof in front of them. A lot of people don't care to hear evidence that their idol may have commited a crime; it just destroys their world, and they fight to the death to defend it...which makes them look even worse than the guy they're defending.

#14 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

they have a picture of her face http://www.tmz.com/2...o-face-beating/
damn chris is a punk

Edited by Illmatic, 20 February 2009 - 02:55 AM.

#15 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

I'm not sure he's been around long enough to have enough people that worship him with idol status quite yet.

As for the charges, he better get at least 4. Nine, if possible. I used to like him, too. Idiot.

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Feb 19 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they have a picture of her face http://www.tmz.com/2...o-face-beating/
damn chris is a punk

Damn... she looks THAT bad... kitten...

Though he's apologizing but there is something missing in the story... I heard Rihanna's father speak about this but what about Chris' mother and sister? Especially the mother because she had experienced domestic violence.

I hearing something that it is not him but the girls he was with in the party beat her up badly...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 19 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hearing something that it is not him but the girls he was with in the party beat her up badly...

There are reports now, that say that he's actually been abusing her for a year now dry.gif

Article here

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Feb 19 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure he's been around long enough to have enough people that worship him with idol status quite yet.

As for the charges, he better get at least 4. Nine, if possible. I used to like him, too. Idiot.

I *highly* agree. He *needs* to serve some time for this.

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:08 AM

How could you hit such a sexy woman, Chris? D:

I'd give anything to be in your shoes (minus the abuse), you monster.

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 20 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are reports now, that say that he's actually been abusing her for a year now dry.gif

Article here

I *highly* agree. He *needs* to serve some time for this.

Oh ho ho... Now I see the truth... well, Chris, your reputation is down and out.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#20 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

Bobby and Whitney, Ike and Tina
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users