79 replies to this topic

#61 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

If NS did not happen. I would just move on. After some destructive rampaging. but of course I would still enjoy the series, although I would think the romance was the worst written I've ever seen. mellow.gif

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bolded: Look, when you write something like that, what you are implying is that either I am too dumb to get it or am lying when I say don't see it. I know that this is not what you meant, but that is the implication. I honestly don't see it. I honestly read this manga and have never thought that NS will definitely get together. I see Kishi building possible NS, but nothing that absolutely screams to me that NS will happen. I don't even see Naruto and Sakura having that strong bond, much less the strongest bond. In other words: I have totally different take than you. This is a big fandom and it is my understanding that most people do not see NS either. Maybe we are all mistaken, but not because we were in denial of all NS or because we didn't know how to read the manga. We just saw things differently than Kishi intended.

Granted. I agree with that bolded statement. But I still see NS happening, It just needs something to drive it home as I've said. Meaning a genuine moment is needed and it must stay that way without getting contradicted later.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2013 - 05:07 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#62 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but when a writer doesn't mention something that is, at least according to NS shippers, supposed to be an important part of the plot (NS), then the readers will get suspicious. Why hasn't Naruto thought about Sakura during so many chapters, why hasn't he confirmed his love for her, why hasn't he in any way indicated that he still likes her romantically? NS shippers argue that it's because Kishi wants to keep the suspense alive, because there is a war and that Kishi will soon confirm NS. You may well be right. We who don't ship NS have, of course, our own theories.

(Time to come back from the dead once again for this special response!)

I can understand where you're coming from and agree with you to the point that, if NS was going to happen, why has kishi not put any effort into showing it as of late? Sakura hasn't even gotten any screen time since the impostor Neji incident in the medical tent, and a LOT has been going on since then. However, when looking at it the same way with Hinata, what does she have that makes her case any better than Sakura's? She's only had three real moments of screen time/importance in shippuden (as far as i can recall), and that was when Naruto saw her again for the first time after returning, when she confessed and tried to protect him during the Pein fight, and just now by knocking some sense into him and holding his hand. Sure, all three of those moments were nice moments, but in comparison, Sakura has gotten even more foundation to her claim. She's had overall more screen time/interaction with Naruto and more meaningful character development, some of which directly points towards a deep, caring connection with Naruto. She's still stuck within the love triangle that has existed from the beginging (Naruto->Sakura->Sasuke with Sakura->Naruto being hinted at and growing more so as the story goes) and while you can argue your own triangle (Hinata->Naruto->Sakura with Naruto->Hinata being hinted at), which is a completely fair argument, the original triangle has far more depth and far more development than the latter. As far as i can tell, Sakura is still highly conflicted between Naruto and Sasuke, and whether or not that's because she wants to return Sasuke to end Naruto's promise to her, or return Sasuke to have him for herself has yet to be seen (though the former has more material hinting at it than the later). Your arguments have good points, but overall, regardless if it's friendly or romantic, NaruSaku has far more backing it up than NaruHina does.

Personally, i feel like the series might end with Naruto not even getting anyone; it really depends on what happens with Sasuke imo. There are so many ways it could end, and i'm not really expecting anything. If it doesn't happen, i'll be mildly put off, but it wouldn't be that big of an issue. However, despite how i feel, i'd still like to hope NaruSaku will happen with all the material we've seen so far leading up to it.

(also, as a side note, purely out of curiosity; If you don't support NS, why did you join this site? I'm not implying you're not allowed her and accept you as i do anyone else. I'm just wondering how and why you ended up here of all places. Tis a confusing question in my brain, it is.)

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#63 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

I actually am kind of surprised myself that Poison regularly debates with us on this forum despite her SS favortism and NaruSaku dislike. But I have to say, I give her some props for it. It takes a great deal of patience and restraint to debate a entire NaruSaku fanclub. Very brave and strong indeed. laugh.gif I know I could never in a million years join a NaruHina or SasuSaku fanclub and debate against them for long without losing my mind. argh1.png

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 12 January 2013 - 07:46 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#64 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I think some people are forgetting that while we get 1 chapter a week, 1 chapter can equal all of 5 minutes in the Naruverse.

Last I remember, not even a day or two had passed since the war began in their universe, is it really that odd that Naruto wasn't fantasizing over Sakura for a day or two?

Saying something is less relevant because nothing has happened in the last x amount of chapters is the wrong way to go about things and only indicates that you are not reading the manga as a whole, but rather looking at each chapter as if they stand alone and nothing in-between the last important moment and the present matters. When you're looking for relevance in a characters actions, you must think about it in THEIR terms, not real world terms.

In THEIR terms, we haven't seen Naruto and Hinata have a true conversation for 4-5 years (on panel). In their terms, Naruto has been back in the village for a little over a year (which is about 5 years to us). In their terms, Neji died all of 2-3 minutes ago (even though it may feel like weeks for us)

"Naruto hasn't thought about Sakura in 100 chapters!" is misleading. Naruto hasn't thought about Sakura since the Summit arc... well actually he thought about her along with others after he met his mother while training with Bee, which was what, the same day he found out that the war was happening, the same day he confronted Iruka and ran off anyway, the same day he split up and saved his friends (including Sakura and Hinata) from danger, the same day he met all the Jinchurikki and made friends with Kurama, the same day Neji died and he held Hinata's hand, and probably the same day he'll defeat Obito at the very least.

In the future, please consider how time flows in their world.

Edited by kirabook, 12 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#65 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 12 2013, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think some people are forgetting that while we get 1 chapter a week, 1 chapter can equal all of 5 minutes in the Naruverse.

Last I remember, not even a day or two had passed since the war began in their universe, is it really that odd that Naruto wasn't fantasizing over Sakura for a day or two?

Saying something is less relevant because nothing has happened in the last x amount of chapters is the wrong way to go about things and only indicates that you are not reading the manga as a whole, but rather looking at each chapter as if they stand alone and nothing in-between the last important moment and the present matters. When you're looking for relevance in a characters actions, you must think about it in THEIR terms, not real world terms.

In THEIR terms, we haven't seen Naruto and Hinata have a true conversation for 4-5 years (on panel). In their terms, Naruto has been back in the village for a little over a year (which is about 5 years to us). In their terms, Neji died all of 2-3 minutes ago (even though it may feel like weeks for us)

"Naruto hasn't thought about Sakura in 100 chapters!" is misleading. Naruto hasn't thought about Sakura since the Summit arc... well actually he thought about her along with others after he met his mother while training with Bee, which was what, the same day he found out that the war was happening, the same day he confronted Iruka and ran off anyway, the same day he split up and saved his friends (including Sakura and Hinata) from danger, the same day he met all the Jinchurikki and made friends with Kurama, the same day Neji died and he held Hinata's hand, and probably the same day he'll defeat Obito at the very least.

This is also a very good point. It's very difficult to see it, yet it's probably one of the best points out there. Granted, it feels like centuries to us as we are both impatient and unsatisfied, but that doesn't stop the fact the naruto verse hast to work like that just to make any sense. We just gotta take a step back and look at it like Kirabook stated and the argument becomes far more easy to understand.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#66 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Jan 11 2013, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually am kind of surprised myself that Poison regularly debates with us on this forum despite her SS favortism and NaruSaku dislike. But I have to say, I give her some props for it. It takes a great deal of patience and restraint to debate a entire NaruSaku fanclub. Very brave and strong indeed. laugh.gif I know I could never in a million years join a NaruHina or SasuSaku fanclub and debate against them for long without losing my mind. argh1.png

She IS? *pulls out mike* PINYC-chan, Why do you ship SS!!!??? Sorry, got excited.I don't meet SS fans too often. So why do you ship them? I'm genuinely interested and like to hear you opinion. happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#67 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 12 2013, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also tell people not to mislead the timeline from our current time with the Naruto timeline.
Hell, the Kage Summit Arc and the confession is like... if I anticipate good, 5 days ago, in Naruto timeline, at most! That's why Sakura said "There's already someone else I...." left purposely out, once again. My guess is that, once agian, if it was clearly Sasuke, Kishi would've write things clear. No ulterior motive he would have had if that's clear. However, we all know where this leads to.
And when she hears the great guy thing, she thinks about Sasuke, because she was like max 5 days ago being killed by her former cursh. No, he's not a great guy and that's why she feels that way. She is still in confrontation with herself regarding her former crush. I would feel the same way and it's logical. Yes, she loves Naruto, but she, indeed, hasn't totally moved from Sasuke. That's what Naruto said about "People lying to themselves".
But sometimes, the fandom needs to exagerrate, omg, she still loves Sasuke. I am not talking here, I am talking generally.

Edited by Chatte, 12 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#68 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 12 2013, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also tell people not to mislead the timeline from our current time with the Naruto timeline.
Hell, the Kage Summit Arc and the confession is like... if I anticipate good, 5 days ago, in Naruto timeline, at most! That's why Sakura said "There's already someone else I...." left purposely out, once again. My guess is that, once agian, if it was clearly Sasuke, Kishi would've write things clear. No ulterior motive he would have had if that's clear. However, we all know where this leads to.
And when she hears the great guy thing, she thinks about Sasuke, because he was like max 5 days ago being killed by her foermer cursh. No, he's not a great guy and that's why she feels that way. She is still in confrontation with herself regarding her former crush. I would feel the same way and it's logical. Yes, she loves Naruto, but she, indeed, hasn't totally moved from Sasuke. That's what Naruto said about "People lying to themselves".
But sometimes, the fandom needs to exagerrate, omg, she still loves Sasuke. I am not talking here, I am talking generally.

ohmygosh such a good point.

Really brings things into perspective when you think about the whacko non-timeline. (haha-A Naruto timeline would be a chronology in which no time has passed.)

#69 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 12 2013, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmygosh such a good point.

Really brings things into perspective when you think about the whacko non-timeline. (haha-A Naruto timeline would be a chronology in which no time has passed.)

Thanks! happy.gif
Now I saw my spelling errors, lol.
Really, how people expect her not to think a bout Sasuke, when he was about to kill her, and especially, the great -> not so great parallels.
I mean, if nothing like that would've happened, I am almost 100% sure that she wouldn't even be thinking about Sasuke, however, still, that move had a high impact on her, emotionally.
I happened to re-read the manga and even observe how much Sakura did for this war until now. In small panels, but great help.
She went on the baterfield, gave instructions about pattern attacks when Zabuza and Haku situation to Lee who was getting over confident, thing that was later used by both Gai and Lee, she healed people, next, there comes the night, the love letter nin thing, soon, the Riot among the medics. All the others go to her when it comes to investigation and stuff. Yet another example of how Kishi displays her intelligence and liability among medic nins. Given the fact that her analyze former was correct about white Zetsu, he proceeds in killing her. I mean, if she wouldn't have been that great as some of her non-fans like it, why is that Zetsu went directly after her? He knew she posesses a great threat to the plan.
Then, she shared the info with the HQ and based on that and on data about Naruto in Bijuu Mode, Shika's father comes with a plan that saves potentially thousands of lives. Because of ONE thing FOUND by none other than SAKURA!
Afterwards, given her knowledge on Hashirama's DNA, she is able to share with the HQ and her master important Data regarding the Zetsu Army and based on that, they have an idea about Madara Uchiha. All this, because of Sakura.
If I look at it now, she has done more things than K11 put together. Really, not to underestimate them or anything, God no! But only by finding out about Zetsu's secret she potentially saved, as I said, thousands of lives.
And all these, in one chapter and few panels.

Also, off-topic a bit. Don't you find it fishy, at least, how Sakura is the one having info about Hashirama, generally, finds info that is related to Hashirama and the one that has been associated with Hashirama is none other than Naruto?
Example... Tenzou does the four pillar house thingie, back at the beginning, she recognized the jutsu as "Hashirama's Mokuton Ninjutsu".
The only one from her generation. Also, the whole bridge thing happens with Tenzo, she wants to learn more about it (Hashi's technique) so that she can help Naruto.
Now, in the war, Sakura finds the truth behind Zetsu armies, that they're made out of Hashi's DNA, Naruto is the solution.
Something like...she is the key, he is the solution.
I don't know how to explain it exactly, however, I hope you get the ideas.
There are some connections here and there that lead to them two, in a funny way. Not necesarily romantic, but it's just how good they complement themselves as a DUO.

#70 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 12 2013, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! happy.gif
Now I saw my spelling errors, lol.
Really, how people expect her not to think a bout Sasuke, when he was about to kill her, and especially, the great -> not so great parallels.
I mean, if nothing like that would've happened, I am almost 100% sure that she wouldn't even be thinking about Sasuke, however, still, that move had a high impact on her, emotionally.
I happened to re-read the manga and even observe how much Sakura did for this war until now. In small panels, but great help.
She went on the baterfield, gave instructions about pattern attacks when Zabuza and Haku situation to Lee who was getting over confident, thing that was later used by both Gai and Lee, she healed people, next, there comes the night, the love letter nin thing, soon, the Riot among the medics. All the others go to her when it comes to investigation and stuff. Yet another example of how Kishi displays her intelligence and liability among medic nins. Given the fact that her analyze former was correct about white Zetsu, he proceeds in killing her. I mean, if she wouldn't have been that great as some of her non-fans like it, why is that Zetsu went directly after her? He knew she posesses a great threat to the plan.
Then, she shared the info with the HQ and based on that and on data about Naruto in Bijuu Mode, Shika's father comes with a plan that saves potentially thousands of lives. Because of ONE thing FOUND by none other than SAKURA!
Afterwards, given her knowledge on Hashirama's DNA, she is able to share with the HQ and her master important Data regarding the Zetsu Army and based on that, they have an idea about Madara Uchiha. All this, because of Sakura.
If I look at it now, she has done more things than K11 put together. Really, not to underestimate them or anything, God no! But only by finding out about Zetsu's secret she potentially saved, as I said, thousands of lives.
And all these, in one chapter and few panels.

Sakura is always given short shrift by the audience — and sorta in the manga too. She does way more than she is ever given credit for. But maybe this is one of the ways that Naruto's love will bring her story full circle. He sees everything she does when no one else really notices. He doesn't take it for granted. So her growth, in his eyes, is just as monumental as his changes, from bratty kid to Hokage, in hers.

Also, off-topic a bit. Don't you find it fishy, at least, how Sakura is the one having info about Hashirama, generally, finds info that is related to Hashirama and the one that has been associated with Hashirama is none other than Naruto?
Example... Tenzou does the four pillar house thingie, back at the beginning, she recognized the jutsu as "Hashirama's Mokuton Ninjutsu".
The only one from her generation. Also, the whole bridge thing happens with Tenzo, she wants to learn more about it (Hashi's technique) so that she can help Naruto.
Now, in the war, Sakura finds the truth behind Zetsu armies, that they're made out of Hashi's DNA, Naruto is the solution.
Something like...she is the key, he is the solution.
I don't know how to explain it exactly, however, I hope you get the ideas.
There are some connections here and there that lead to them two, in a funny way. Not necesarily romantic, but it's just how good they complement themselves as a DUO.

So I've had a theory from way back that there some parallels between Sakura/Mito, the first jinchurriki. Mito must have been a ridiculously powerful woman ("monsterous strength," ring any bells?) to contain the kyuubi herself and fight off Madara. (I'm pretty sure it's implied that she did. I'd have to check to be sure tho.) And survive all of that!!

The groundwork is laid for repeating cycles. So it makes sense for Sakura to be factored in to that as well. And Kishimoto does like to put powerful women in positions of power. So I wonder if he will bump up Sakura's role in the future in some really dramatic and unexpected way. Like saving Naruto by channeling some of the kyuubi's power through herself. After all, she has better chakra control than any of them.

(I also have a theory that if Naruto is meant to be the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths, would that mean Sakura might be the reincarnation of his wife.)

Anyway, there are lots of holes in these theories, and they may end up being more in the realm of fanfics than true parallels. But I definitely agree with you about Sakura and those connections to the Madara's generation — there's too much to be just dismissed out of hand as impossible.

Especially after Madara's weird love thing from the last chapter.

What if Madara was secretly in love with Mito, but she liked Hashirama? And Madara's motive is just a great big stupid scorned-love thing like Tobito with Rin?

Lots to think about!!! smile.gif

edit: sometimes I think about Naruto and where it's going and decide the manga could wrap up cleanly in the next six months. Then other times I think there's enough material there to make it last another four or five years!!

#71 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

That's...surprisingly good observation there, Chatte. I should reread once this arc ends or at least the fight, whatever. She is a smart girl. Funny that she figured out Tobi/Obito tricks before we got to know ourselves completely. I think Kishi thought this is good enough but fans want her kick more butts, which I am in for one, so now he's looking a way to do that. The question is when.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 12 January 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#72 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 12 2013, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've had a theory from way back that there some parallels between Sakura/Mito, the first jinchurriki. Mito must have been a ridiculously powerful woman ("monsterous strength," ring any bells?) to contain the kyuubi herself and fight off Madara. (I'm pretty sure it's implied that she did. I'd have to check to be sure tho.) And survive all of that!!

The groundwork is laid for repeating cycles. So it makes sense for Sakura to be factored in to that as well. And Kishimoto does like to put powerful women in positions of power. So I wonder if he will bump up Sakura's role in the future in some really dramatic and unexpected way. Like saving Naruto by channeling some of the kyuubi's power through herself. After all, she has better chakra control than any of them.

(I also have a theory that if Naruto is meant to be the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths, would that mean Sakura might be the reincarnation of his wife.)

Anyway, there are lots of holes in these theories, and they may end up being more in the realm of fanfics than true parallels. But I definitely agree with you about Sakura and those connections to the Madara's generation — there's too much to be just dismissed out of hand as impossible.

What if Madara was secretly in love with Mito, but she liked Hashirama? And Madara's motive is just a great big stupid scorned-love thing like Tobito with Rin?

edit: sometimes I think about Naruto and where it's going and decide the manga could wrap up cleanly in the next six months. Then other times I think there's enough material there to make it last another four or five years!!

I agree with you and Chatte. There's something that might reveal something about Sakura and it may be a plan from Kishi that he's keeping it from us.
But, the thing is that we don't know if Kishi is really willing to do this for Sakura pinch.gif

Edited by T XD, 12 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#73 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Awsome analysis chatte, Narusaku4life and tricksie i agree 100 %

Oh about the akwardness naaaaahhhh it wouldn't be awkward by the LEAST i mean c'mon 400+ chapters of narusaku development is a piece o' cake! after all look at "N"H it has 5+ panels of development!! thats perfect! and about the databooks, pchfff! "what are sakuras feelings for naruto" c'mon ofcoarse its JUST friendship! i mean friendship is sooo un-obvious!! its like the trend with difficult things, what love you say? naaaaah it ain't luurrv its just friendship hinata is perfect for naruto! c'mon she knows ALOT about naruto! his nindo and his nindo and MUCH more of his nindo! perfect! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

*Sarcasm*

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#74 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 12 2013, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And when she hears the great guy thing, she thinks about Sasuke, because she was like max 5 days ago being killed by her former cursh. No, he's not a great guy and that's why she feels that way. She is still in confrontation with herself regarding her former crush. I would feel the same way and it's logical. Yes, she loves Naruto, but she, indeed, hasn't totally moved from Sasuke. That's what Naruto said about "People lying to themselves".

10/10
SK-303_image007.jpg

#75 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

It seems that there's going to be some interested for Sakura. We have to wait and see.

#76 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but when a writer doesn't mention something that is, at least according to NS shippers, supposed to be an important part of the plot (NS), then the readers will get suspicious. Why hasn't Naruto thought about Sakura during so many chapters, why hasn't he confirmed his love for her, why hasn't he in any way indicated that he still likes her romantically? NS shippers argue that it's because Kishi wants to keep the suspense alive, because there is a war and that Kishi will soon confirm NS. You may well be right. We who don't ship NS have, of course, our own theories.

Naruto hasn't really had time to think of anyone in any romantic light. Even then he still thought about people. He has confirmed he loved her because Sai figured it out. Why have Sai that if it was false and show the memory of him ask? Naruto even confirms he loves Sakura and I don't know how that memory can be taken any other way. Otherwise, why Kishi write it at all?

Oh course, there are problems with the non-NS shippers as there are problems for our camp as well. The Non-NS shippers tend to brush everything off that is not related to their pairing as well as unaware that these questions can also be applied to them. Why hasn't Naruto thought about Hinata in a romantic light? Why hasn't Hinata confirmed her love for him and discussed it? Why hasn't Naruto indicated at all his supposed feelings for Hinata?

BTW, I want to inform you that the "because there is a war" reason is the very reason the NH fans gave on why Naruto has not talked to Hinata about her confession and simply "forgot it." Most I have run across at the time said "Well, he is busy with the war, he has no time to talk to her." They used this excuse especially after the Pein Arc when he came back. So I wouldn't say it is a "NS shippers arguement" because the NH has used it long before that. We just go with it and figured it was the reason why no pairing had a talk.

Of course, now I see a whole bunch of NH fans "Oh they always have time for romance." *facepalm*

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 11 2013, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bolded: Look, when you write something like that, what you are implying is that either I am too dumb to get it or am lying when I say don't see it.

I wouldn't go so far to infer people are stupid, but lying to themselves might be somewhat of a truth.

Ever heard the saying "Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing."
I have pondered this myself and I find out what it really means. You can only call something proof is you believe it is proof. I can show people evidence of anything to warrant a good guess, yet some will still deny my evidence saying I am not reading it right. Of course, they might not be reading right as well. What he met was that while yes, you are correct that anything can be viewed as anything, you will never accept the proof if you don't believe it is proof.

And this is varies from person to person. A skeptic will always be a skeptic until they open their mind to something possibly being true.

With the case of NH vs NS, no one can deny the development NS has and how much it just trumps NH development. (This could be romantic, friendly, whatever) Of course, we then get into arguments of quantity vs quality and we want to believe that some moments are more important than others.

There is a truth and that is is that Naruto doesn't really know anything about Hinata and likewise in reverse. They know their nindo and their goals and such, but that's it mostly. I can't say that Hinata knows Naruto as a person because he has interacted with him so very little. Relationships are hard to build with people who know nothing of each other. Even the little things can make the most impact and while yes, Hinata loves Naruto, she hasn't really gone out of her way to understand him as a person. Not like Sakura has. Of course, Sakura did have an advantage in being his teammate, what of all the times they weren't on a mission or Naruto was in the village chilling. There had to be some moments.

There is something I have always wondered. If NH are the intended pairing, why wasn't Naruto interacting with her more? Why didn't Kishi put Hinata on Naruto's team? We also know that Hinata was originally going to be a village girl who had a crush, but never made an impact. I know it doesn't make NS canon, but it is curious as it was the editors idea to make her more important than that.

One other question I have is, people always ask me why is everything Naruto does with Sakura considered romantic? I protest and say, not everything was romantic, but that doesn't mean it wasn't important. I also ask, why is everything Naruto does with Hinata supposedly romantic? The only answer I get is "Because she loves him." Okay, but Naruto loves Sakura.

I also ask, people want to say that Sakura only sees Naruto as a friend. Alright, by why can't Naruto see Hinata as a friend? And I get the same response "Because she loves him."

Us fans can go back and forth forever trying to say what characters can and cannot do, but I rather look at what is happening now. Has Naruto shown interesting in Hinata like that? No. So far he has not. Has Sakura seen Naruto in a romantic light? Yes. People rather argue what could happen instead of what is happening.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 12 January 2013 - 08:38 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#77 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 12 2013, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh God please no. Don't you think it would feel a little redundant to have both of the main current villains to be suffering from unrequited love.

Besides, as much as I love parallels I don't want Madara to be associated to Naruto. Obito is one thing, but Madara, no, just no. Naruto is meant to be associated with Hashirama if anything.

If there is a flashback of the days before Konoha's foundation I would rather see Hashirama being the one lovestruck with Mito and her acting like a tsundere around him all while Madara facepalms at their antics in the back ground.

If by any chance Naruto and Sakura end up fighting Madara I would love is he sees visions of Hashirama and Mito behind them as they fight him.

#78 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 12 2013, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is always given short shrift by the audience — and sorta in the manga too. She does way more than she is ever given credit for. But maybe this is one of the ways that Naruto's love will bring her story full circle. He sees everything she does when no one else really notices. He doesn't take it for granted. So her growth, in his eyes, is just as monumental as his changes, from bratty kid to Hokage, in hers.

Yeah, you're right. I mean, if people don't see kicks and punches than it means that character hasn't done nothing. Really, now? Are some just selective reading or really...how should I say it...Naive?
I am curious to see what Naruto's love will do to her character and viceversa.
I would comment as well, that Naruto sometimes is that thick, that he doesn't see that he is putting her in danger and she suffers.
Like the whole Team 7 reunion... if he hadn't went so cold with her, Sakura wouldn't have went on there, suffered that much.
But he was too thick and didn't see that. And, wanted or not, he put her in danger.
But that's another story.

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 12 2013, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, about that theory of the Sage and the wife, I've though it as well and after I read some things here on H&E, added from here and there, made my own little theory about that: http://chatte-georgi...is-subtle-hints

I also think he is, indeed, the reincarnation of the Sage, no doubts since Kurama said: That's the Sage of Paths .... and missing... What? Technique? Sealing technique? Since Naruto had just been sealing Kurama.
I fairly believe that the Sage was an Uzumaki. He sealed the Juubi and that's how he awakened Rinnegan and other ocular powers. From the Juubi. As we see that the Juubi now, has the Rinnegan combined with Sharingan, etc.
But the Sage, was originally an Uzumaki.
He had a wife. I mean, hello, who would've given birth to his two sons? Right? I've heard theories that he made them via Creation of All Things. Really now? Wouldn't that be a little mysoginist from Kishi's part?
I do believe that, indeed, he had a wife. He was loved, stuff like that. And since I saw those markings on Naruto's cloak when in Kurama Mode, I fairly believe this is going somewhere and that, indeed, Sakura has a connection.
Like it was written there, someone, read somewhere, that Sakura's clan (?) symbol would mean something like a chinese symbol of the duality between heaven and earth (wink) and the connection between both.
Dunno, however, the coincidences are a bit too damn high. Like I said previously in the thread, Sakura it's the key, Naruto is the solution. Something like this.

As well as Madara and Hashirama fight, Mito was indeed involved. She was not involved with the battle, but with Kurama's factor. My guess is that Hashi used the Wooden Dragon, and as we saw, it gets loosened at a time. That moment, Mito sealed it within her and let them battle. Because let's face it. We've seen it doesn't bind the power forever and Hashirama couldn't have fought Madara and let the Kyuubi roam free destroying the village or having Madara take it again. Nor the Kyuubi waited for them to battle and then he went home "Hey, Mito, I brought a pet home. It's just a nine tailed demon".
So, Mito had her implications, but only at a certain moment.
That's why I said that I am almost SURE that Sakura will be implied for a moment in Sasuke vs. Naruto, but only for a certain detail. Because, as we know, the Kyuubi can be manipulated via genjutsu or repressed. Sasuke repressed its power at the beginning of the series. I am sure that this is where Sakura will play her role in the battle, although, it will be recognized as the greatest Shinobi battle, Naruto vs. Sasuke. That's how it was with Madara and Hashirama.

QUOTE (T XD @ Jan 12 2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you and Chatte. There's something that might reveal something about Sakura and it may be a plan from Kishi that he's keeping it from us.
But, the thing is that we don't know if Kishi is really willing to do this for Sakura pinch.gif

Thanks, hun! I am sure that Sakura will play a role. The clues and patterns here and there fit too much for her to be left out of the picture. And in the end, it's her heroine.
Let's hope for the best!

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Jan 12 2013, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome analysis chatte, Narusaku4life and tricksie i agree 100 %

Oh about the akwardness naaaaahhhh it wouldn't be awkward by the LEAST i mean c'mon 400+ chapters of narusaku development is a piece o' cake! after all look at "N"H it has 5+ panels of development!! thats perfect! and about the databooks, pchfff! "what are sakuras feelings for naruto" c'mon ofcoarse its JUST friendship! i mean friendship is sooo un-obvious!! its like the trend with difficult things, what love you say? naaaaah it ain't luurrv its just friendship hinata is perfect for naruto! c'mon she knows ALOT about naruto! his nindo and his nindo and MUCH more of his nindo! perfect! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

*Sarcasm*

Thanks! smile.gif
Well, yeah, I agree. The only time they intersect, it's when it comes about his ninja way. And not to be kitteny or anything, but hell it sounds like copyright infringement!

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 12 2013, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10/10

Thanks! happy.gif

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 12 2013, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's...surprisingly good observation there, Chatte. I should reread once this arc ends or at least the fight, whatever. She is a smart girl. Funny that she figured out Tobi/Obito tricks before we got to know ourselves completely. I think Kishi thought this is good enough but fans want her kick more butts, which I am in for one, so now he's looking a way to do that. The question is when.

Thanks! I happened to re-read it for a vs. thread on another forum between, guess who? Of course, Hinata vs Sakura. And there was a Sakura hater, of course. OMG, why do you overrate her? What did she even do besides healing in this whole war? Hinata killed thousands of Zetsu clones.
ANd I was like, b*tch, please! Really? So I started re-reading the manga since the assembly and pointed what she did compared to Hinata. And it was proved that compared to Sakura, Hinata did kinda nothing. While Sakura, well... I just listed it.

Edited by Chatte, 13 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#79 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 12 2013, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You keep talking about Japan like it is some alien culture on the Mars or something. Like you need some sort of intergalactic guide book to understand the wacky differences between, it seems, every other culture on Earth and Japan. It is true that Japan has different cultural background than, say, America. But friends hugs each other in Japan, too, you know. And grandmas hug their grandchildren. And friends can hold hands, too. It is the context which makes it romantic, even in Japan.

Well, lets look at the context, Naruto had just risked his life to save her, her family, and their entire village. Such hugs like this could be put into similar contexts such as the NaLu hug from the Fairy Tail movie, the SAO hug after the floor 74 boss to name a few. If it had just been friendly hug, why did we not see Hinata hug him. The hug was also , IMO, an attempt to allow western viewers to understand the idea of a Tsundere because of the punch that occurred just before.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#80 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

@chatte Lol with the copy right thing! laugh.gif

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users