Close
Photo

Are you glad to be alive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Tell us here (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you?

1. yes I am, Life is great (31 votes [65.96%])

Percentage of vote: 65.96%

2. Kinda, though sometimes I do think death is better (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

3. No, Life sucks >.< (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote

#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 3 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a classic. biggrin.gif

#22 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

We are both blessed and cursed. Blessed to live and cursed that we have to die. I rather to enjoy every day that I that I am alive smile.gif
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#23 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Yes I am glad to be alive.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#24 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Death is the end, we all know this. But could one really ever live, exist without understanding this? No. The point is to live anyway, in spite of all our fears of what may or may not happen.
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#25 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

I love being alive. And I want to be a good person in my life because I belive that life is eternal even after death; if God decides that u r good enought to go to heaven, you will be eternaly happy. Otherwise, u will be eternaly sad. I prefer the first one. I'm glad to be alive; it's a gift from God that may be taken back anytime. So, I am grateful for being alive and I enjoy my life, although there are always many difficulties.

#26 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:36 AM

I always try to enjoy every second of life, because, before I even turned a year old, my life was almost taken away from me. Life is wonderful of you let it be! biggrin.gif I'm not afraid of death, though, now that I'm older. I believe that there is a God, heaven, and hell, and because I have given my life to God, I believe I'm going to heaven. Either way, life is wonderful.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#27 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

I like my life, but sometimes I don't like myself. For me, the problem is me

#28 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Apr 5 2010, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always try to enjoy every second of life, because, before I even turned a year old, my life was almost taken away from me. Life is wonderful of you let it be! biggrin.gif I'm not afraid of death, though, now that I'm older. I believe that there is a God, heaven, and hell, and because I have given my life to God, I believe I'm going to heaven. Either way, life is wonderful.

I'm glad to see that there are people that believe in God and heaven... I hope you manage to go to heaven!!

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Apr 5 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad to see that there are people that believe in God and heaven... I hope you manage to go to heaven!!

Of course their is. happy.gif

#30 Puppy Chan

Puppy Chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Books, Comedy, Horror, Games, Art, Inspiration, Motivation, Dogs, Food, Tea, Technology, Nature, and Cartoons.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Well, when I'm happy, I'm glad to be alive.
But whenever I'm upset or angry, I wished I'd rather die.
NaruSaku + SasuHina Fan :)

I love puppies! Do you?

#31 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Life as it's highs and lows, for me lows especially, so once or twice I thought about ending it all. But what for? All I would be doing was running away from my problems and causing unnecessary pain to the few ones that love me. I haven't totally come to grip with my situation and I doubt I will again be the happy kid (though i'm not a kid anymore) I used to be, too much has happened, but screw it, one thing I know life can throw what the kitten she wants to throw at me but I'll keep on living no matter what either I be happy or sad I'll keep moving, the cowards way out is not an option for me... not anymore. Another thing before you become preocupied with me, I am getting help from a psychologist so maybe things will get better, only time will tell.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 15 April 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#32 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I'm glad to be alive but I might have to move out of the country which makes me sad.gif I wanna stay w/ my friends T_T

JLHza2T.png

#33 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Apr 15 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad to be alive but I might have to move out of the country which makes me sad.gif I wanna stay w/ my friends T_T

Family found work overseas?

#34 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:59 AM

That's a great offer, Vyse-kun! I'm glad you're very willing to help people. happy.gif

QUOTE (Whirlpool-Maelstrom @ Apr 16 2010, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Life as it's highs and lows, for me lows especially, so once or twice I thought about ending it all. But what for? All I would be doing was running away from my problems and causing unnecessary pain to the few ones that love me. I haven't totally come to grip with my situation and I doubt I will again be the happy kid (though i'm not a kid anymore) I used to be, too much has happened, but screw it, one thing I know life can throw what the kitten she wants to throw at me but I'll keep on living no matter what either I be happy or sad I'll keep moving, the cowards way out is not an option for me... not anymore. Another thing before you become preocupied with me, I am getting help from a psychologist so maybe things will get better, only time will tell.

Everyone knows that life is really hard and sometimes unfair, believe me. But, I also believe that you can go through all of its difficulties if someone is right there who cares for you, and is willing to listen to all of your problems. I know you can do it! You're definitely a strong person! If you need anyone to talk to, I'm right here, okay? happy.gif It's nice to see you again.

---

And, yes, I'm glad to be alive! Though my life is now like an unpredictable swirl of emotions, especially now that I'm going through high school, I'm still very happy that I get to see the sun every morning. smile.gif

---

#35 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 1 2010, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I appreciate every second of life I get, only get to live once.

QFT. smile.gif

Sure, life is rarely perfect. But it's still damn good a lot of the time. Things may not always go according to plan, but most of us are still blessed with friends and family. Problems can always be overcome.

My job isn't ideal, but it still has its high points (i.e. happy customers and praise from the boss). It's also enabled me to rent my own place, which gives me true independence. I may not be rich, but I live a comfortable life within my means. The town where I live could be better (*rolls eyes at mayor*), but it still has beautiful coastal views.

I'll work hard to get to where I want to be, but things are already damn good. There's nothing wrong with wanting more, but remember to appreciate the good things you already have.

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Absolutely.

There was a time when I wasn't and was easily depressed. A few years ago I realized how weak and what a coward I was.

If I ended my own life it'd just proof that I can't hack it.

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

Didn't really have the option I'd pick, but yes, I'm glad to be alive. My choice would be "Yes, glad to be alive. Life certainly can and is quite rough at times, but there are good moments too, and those moments make everything worth it." smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

I am glad to be alive and I thank God for giving me such a great life never been any happier to be here in this world. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#39 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

when you want it to get better it gets worse so the best thing is to enjoy will you still can. Death is still far away for me. I don't really wish death upon myself.

#40 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

To be openly honest, I hate every single gottam second of it. It is a living hell for me, and it just gets worse each and every day with little success. The only thing keeping me from turning this world into a burning pile of ash is the following:

1) My friends and the crush I have.
2) H&E, including many of my fans whom keep me going with my video projects/manga comparisons.
3) My cats.
4) The fact that I can make people laugh.

Otherwise, I would burn this planet down like a match and sit and drink some water on a throne as I watch without remorse. I hate it, hate it, hate it. Liars, hackers, cheaters and empty-headed kids all around me. Every day, I see things done in the name of some kooky belief system and the furthering of mental anarchy tied with social uniformity that is not uniform to the system of thinking that has kept us together: logic and reason. I look for something, anything at all to remedy this solution, but violence always comes to mind. A wake-up call that what we're doing is so ridiculous, with gum-chewing and snapping and video-flagging and cheating on games and fail-trolling and banning cursing and all that. It just makes me sick to my gottam stomach, having to see it every day. It makes my mind bleed of patience and absorb the anger that I exude from my eyes and believe that I can take hold of the violence and turn it onto those whom I see fit. Then, I realize I am no better then any other person that I have read about. That's when it hits me: I am f***ed. For the rest of my life, I have to deal with crooks, kooks and morons, and I have to watch liars and inept sociopaths take the glory and ratification of their enslavement of others while I have to sit back and do all the work to keep a hold on some equivalence of reality and logic. I have to deal with the whining of kids, repetitively over and over coming from the mouths of adults, and see that I cannot have peace and quiet anymore. Everything has to be big, loud and ANNOYING! So annoying! Annoying and incoherency is in now-at-days, and quite frankly I don't think Nietzsche would have any idea of where in the world we get this from, 'cause nothing from a normal, healthy human mind would be like what society does.

And I guess that's all I have to say. Sorry for taking your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users