• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#21 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

Naruto does have large amounts of chakra reserves because he was chosen for a reason to hold the fox demon. Plus the fox demon Chakra would lend him a good amount of Chakra reserve for Battle. Plus, Sakura was trained as a medical ninja I think they would have more chakra reserved for for battle then anyone. Sakura has good amount of Chakra control as well.

#22 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 16 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto does have large amounts of chakra reserves because he was chosen for a reason to hold the fox demon. Plus the fox demon Chakra would lend him a good amount of Chakra reserve for Battle. Plus, Sakura was trained as a medical ninja I think they would have more chakra reserved for for battle then anyone. Sakura has good amount of Chakra control as well.

I don't think Naruto was chosen because of his large amounts of chakra, more that he was the 4th's son, and he wanted it to protect Naruto.

#23 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

Yes, Naruto has a lot of Chakra reserves and that is partially why the Kyuubi was sealed inside of him. But the techniques Naruto used in his battle with Pein could really only be done by him because it required more chakra. Just because you have a large Chakra reserve, does not mean you won't use it up...that explains why he almost collapsed after the fight.

Sakura can control her chakra as a medical ninja, but even when healing Hinata, she looked like she was reaching her limits. Case in point, they both had to use large amounts of chakra, and the Cloud ninja are pretty much ready to go.

It's true that Naruto could draw on Kyuubi if he was out of chakra, but from what we've seen in his development (and the fact that Sakura is there with him) I doubt he would want to have any reliance on Kyuubi. Right now...everytime he thinks of using the Kyuubi's power he thinks of the time he hurt Sakura. Just my opinion.

Hopefully the manga release on Friday will give us better hints on how Sakura and Naruto get overpowered so easily. Tired, caught off guard, or better matchups...it could pretty much be anything. The strongest ninjas aren't always the ones that are left standing.

#24 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 16 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Naruto was chosen because of his large amounts of chakra, more that he was the 4th's son, and he wanted it to protect Naruto.

I think RyrineaHaruno meant, Naruto has large Chakra reserves because he was chosen, there would be no way to determine the chakra levels of a new born, if anything if the baby showed large chakra reseves at birth he wouldn't be a ideal candidate, as his chakra coils woild be too developed to handle the fox's chakra.

I personally don't think Naruto has large reserves just because of the Fox, I believe because of his heritage he would have had monster chakra reserves anyway, not at the level he has now because the Fox definitely helped but it would be more than Kakashi and Sasuke. He's the son of the Thunder God for crying out loud, and you get the picture Kushina was no pushover either.

This part once again enphasises one of the flaws in Naruto's battle strategy, he needs more jutsu's in his arsenal, if he knew some wind sttacks he would be able to give the cloud nin a run for their money, his main moves are all power house moves and it requires time to go into Sage mode, if they get ambushed or have to fight suddenly, he has to use Shadow clones to slow hte opposition so he can either go into Sage mode or to power up for his Rasengan, f he had some other jutsu's and elements up his sleeve, he would be awesome, imagine one side he has clones firing wind tornado attacks and on the other Clones firing water missiles, and they meet in the middle for a giant whirlpool attack...that would be freaking awesome.

Don't get me wrong Sage mode, and the Rasengan are cool, but they are both require time to build up, not like wind atack that you can do with hand seals.....Also he needs to use hand seals more the only hand seal he uses is the one needed for shadow clones.

iAnby7W.gif

#25 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jun 16 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura can control her chakra as a medical ninja, but even when healing Hinata, she looked like she was reaching her limits. Case in point, they both had to use large amounts of chakra, and the Cloud ninja are pretty much ready to go.

That was because, she using up most of her chakra healing other wounded Ninja. She had about 30 or 50 people in a line healing them. I am saying that was one of the reasons I believe he was chosen.

I personally don't think Naruto has large reserves just because of the Fox,

I also don't believe that either. His father took on Kybui and called the death god for crying out load. I agree, I doubt his mother was no pushover either.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 16 June 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#26 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 16 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was because, she using up most of her chakra healing other wounded Ninja. She had about 30 0r 50 people in a line healing them.

That doesn't mean she got around to healing them. She could have been on her 2nd patient when Pain destroyed Konoha for all we know. The fact is, Sakura is an average shinobi. She doesn't have great stores of chakra like Naruto. Sure she might have a bit more than her friends, but i highy doubt she has jounin level chakra reserves. What makes her so powerful is that she doesn't use it to fast because of her high ability for chakra control.

Also, about them being out matched by the Cloud team, it think it's a mixture of fatigue on Naruto and Sakura's part, the fact that the Cloud haven't used their energy so they are ready to go, as well as the Cloud wanting to find and kill Sasuke when Naruto and Sakura what him alive. With all thgose things cripling Naruto and Sakura's performance, im not surprised their outmatched. Hopefully, Naruto gets his act together before the 2nd naruto vs Sasuke showdown.

Edited by Sora no Senshi, 16 June 2009 - 07:27 PM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#27 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

That doesn't mean she got around to healing them. She could have been on her 2nd patient when Pain destroyed Konoha for all we know. The fact is, Sakura is an average shinobi. She doesn't have great stores of chakra like Naruto. Sure she might have a bit more than her friends, but i highy doubt she has jounin level chakra reserves. What makes her so powerful is that she doesn't use it to fast because of her high ability for chakra control.

Tsunade has all these advance and forbidden Justus don't you think that she has a way of make more chakra. Tsunade is good at restoring Chakra as well. Sakura would have learned how to make more Chakra from Tsunade to bump up her Chakra reserves.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 16 June 2009 - 08:03 PM.

#28 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 16 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tsunade has all these advance and forbidden Justus don't you think that she has a way of make more chakra. Tsunade is good at restoring Chakra as well. Sakura would have learned how to make more Chakra from Tsunade to bump up her Chakra reserves.

No offence but what are you talking about? Tsunade isn't Orochimaru. She's not going to go around, giving Sakura pills or shots that make her have more Chakra. Tsunade isn't that kinda person and probably doesn't even know of such things seeing as how the only person we know to do this kind of thing is Orochimaru. The only thing Tsunade could have givven Sakura was hard training and the Henge technic to make her look young. She's not some mad geinius who experiments on her students to make them stronger... Please do research before you go around spreading things that never happened or have had evidence of happening...

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#29 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Jun 16 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offence but what are you talking about? Tsunade isn't Orochimaru. She's not going to go around, giving Sakura pills or shots that make her have more Chakra. Tsunade isn't that kinda person and probably doesn't even know of such things seeing as how the only person we know to do this kind of thing is Orochimaru. The only thing Tsunade could have givven Sakura was hard training and the Henge technic to make her look young. She's not some mad geinius who experiments on her students to make them stronger... Please do research before you go around spreading things that never happened or have had evidence of happening...

I do my research thank you I know Tsunade isn't orochimaru. Tsunade has that genjustu that alowwed her to stay young and pretty that a forbidden Justu. I bet being a medical ninja can get more justu to use then just the basic healing stuff

* Name: Creation Rebirth (創造再生, Sōzō Saisei; English TV "Ninja Art: Mitotic Regeneration")
* Type: Kinjutsu, S-rank, Supplementary[1]
* User: Tsunade
* Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 95
* Debut (Manga): Chapter 169

* Name: Important Body Points Disturbance (乱身衝, Ranshinshō; English TV "Nervous System Rupture")
* Type: A-rank, Supplementary, Short range (0-5m)[1]
* User: Tsunade
* Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 93
* Debut (Manga): Chapter 164

# Name: Mystical Palm Technique (掌仙術, Shōsenjutsu; English TV "Healing Jutsu")
# Type: A-rank

I bet she would know how to get the user large amount of chakra

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 16 June 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#30 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'm not so sure how Sakura got schooled but I can understand how it happened to Naruto.

Naruto has turned out like Goku and everyone else from DBZ. He has massive amounts of power but he needs a long time to use them. For sage mode he needs to make 2 clones and have them rest somewhere and gather the nature Chakra, for FRZ he needs 2 more clones and enough time to charge the attack.

He needs the enemy to have a monologue for him to be able to use another attack.

That's why he got schooled by these guys. They were fast and too the point. No fancy moves just sword play and basic skills.

Naruto is all about the power, one hit kill moves now and probably would lose to most chunnin with average taijutsu skills... -.-;
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#31 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 16 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This part once again enphasises one of the flaws in Naruto's battle strategy, he needs more jutsu's in his arsenal, if he knew some wind sttacks he would be able to give the cloud nin a run for their money, his main moves are all power house moves and it requires time to go into Sage mode, if they get ambushed or have to fight suddenly, he has to use Shadow clones to slow hte opposition so he can either go into Sage mode or to power up for his Rasengan, f he had some other jutsu's and elements up his sleeve, he would be awesome, imagine one side he has clones firing wind tornado attacks and on the other Clones firing water missiles, and they meet in the middle for a giant whirlpool attack...that would be freaking awesome.

Don't get me wrong Sage mode, and the Rasengan are cool, but they are both require time to build up, not like wind atack that you can do with hand seals.....Also he needs to use hand seals more the only hand seal he uses is the one needed for shadow clones.

Perhaps this is exactly what Kishi is setting up to illustrate and deal with - I really hope this is going to lead to training. I seem to remember Asuma saying something like 'when two shinobi go up against each other evenly matched, the one with the sharper blade wins' when talking about wind chakra to Naruto - I always thought that sort of... resonated with the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke thing and the fact that Sasuke has a sword he uses with lightning element, which is weak against wind.

Edit: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/ this page, I was close ^^

Edited by DownsEndRoad, 16 June 2009 - 10:17 PM.

#32 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 16 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's after god knows how long of training.

Medics aren't know for their large amount of offensive techniques. They're never the attacker, they defend and they heal. Which is why there are a few medics assigned to certain teams, because they don't have as much chakra as the offensive team.

Tsunade might have a large chakra capacity, but that's years of training and preparation. Sakura just began her tutelage 2 years ago, I don't think a Chuunin like her can have an insane amount of energy stored.

"Make more chakra"? How? The only way to increase chakra is through extensive training, forcing your body to a certain limit. There are no techniques that can suddenly give you 100% boost in chakra. facepalm.png

Wait, wait...

BAH. Cloud Ninja. Naruto is tired, and can definitely handle them if he's refreshed. :cookie:

#33 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Naruto and Sakura get pwned by the cloud nin? Right after Naruto defeats the "leader" of Akatsuki? th_twitchsmile.gif Come on Kishi, give Naruto a break already! rawr.gif

The only thing that makes this even remotely acceptable is the fact that we have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are. (Has it been said anywhere how long its been since the actual fight ended?) But still...there better be EXPLICITLY STATED reasons as to why Naruto, at least, was beaten so easily. Because this just seems to make no sense to me:

Cloud nin > Naruto > Pein > the majority of the Akatsuki members > Kakashi

I mean, seriously? These fodder Cloud nin are better than the majority of Akatsuki (insanely powerful S-class missing nin), their leader (who destroyed Konoha in one move), Naruto (who beat said leader of Akatsuki where Jiraiya, a LEGENDARY nin, failed) and Kakashi (the man considered for the position of Hokage)? a_smashy.gif

Edited by Paptala, 16 June 2009 - 10:57 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#34 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 16 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto and Sakura get pwned by the cloud nin? Right after Naruto defeats the "leader" of Akatsuki? th_twitchsmile.gif Come on Kishi, give Naruto a break already! rawr.gif

The only thing that makes this even remotely acceptable is the fact that we have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are. (Has it been said anywhere how long its been since the actual fight ended?) But still...there better be EXPLICITLY STATED reasons as to why Naruto, at least, was beaten so easily. Because this just seems to make no sense to me:

Cloud nin > Naruto > Pein > the majority of the Akatsuki members > Kakashi

I mean, seriously? These fodder Cloud nin are better than the majority of Akatsuki (insanely powerful S-class missing nin), their leader (who destroyed Konoha in one move), Naruto (who beat said leader of Akatsuki where Jiraiya, a LEGENDARY nin, failed) and Kakashi (the man considered for the position of Hokage)? a_smashy.gif

^^

Anyway, I personally see Naruto needing 2 major training sessions soon. I don't think it's a coincidence that Killerbee is a sword wielder, I think Naruto will be getting some training with it soon........I hope anyway. biggrin.gif

and of course his second element, and I really believe it to be water... That could open up to several diverse jutsu to counter some of Sasuke's fire jutsu, and to just overall give Naruto a larger arsenal.

#35 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 16 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^

Anyway, I personally see Naruto needing 2 major training sessions soon. I don't think it's a coincidence that Killerbee is a sword wielder, I think Naruto will be getting some training with it soon........I hope anyway. biggrin.gif

and of course his second element, and I really believe it to be water... That could open up to several diverse jutsu to counter some of Sasuke's fire jutsu, and to just overall give Naruto a larger arsenal.

Altough the elemental part doesn't sound likely, i was very into the idea of Naruto finding and training with Killer Bee. Naruto's seal is one emotional break down away from breaking and Naruto needs some one whos experienced with seals to help. Who better than someone just like him, Killer Bee.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#36 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Jun 16 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Altough the elemental part doesn't sound likely, i was very into the idea of Naruto finding and training with Killer Bee. Naruto's seal is one emotional break down away from breaking and Naruto needs some one whos experienced with seals to help. Who better than someone just like him, Killer Bee.

I think the element part is the most likely of the 2, he would then have the 2 elements that counter Sasuke, making their rivalry even deeper in a way. Plus one of Naruto's whole symbol type thing is whirlpool and all.....I think all signs point to his second element being water. I think it's just a matter of time until he finds it out, and trains in it.

Also, didn't the fourth just reinforce Naruto's seal? I'm sure it will still cause problems down the road, but not much more can be done, Naruto just has to keep ahold of his emotions.

Edited by Wolfheart, 16 June 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#37 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 16 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the element part is the most likely of the 2, he would then have the 2 elements that counter Sasuke, making their rivalry even deeper in a way. Plus one of Naruto's whole symbol type thing is whirlpool and all.....I think all signs point to his second element being water. I think it's just a matter of time until he finds it out, and trains in it.

Also, didn't the fourth just reinforce Naruto's seal? I'm sure it will still cause problems down the road, but not much more can be done, Naruto just has to keep ahold of his emotions.

The elemental part sounds possible, but Killer Bee teaching Naruto seems more possible right now. Naruto's seal is slipping and although the 4th fixed it, i don't think it will last long at this rate. Naruto went 8tails when Hinata was stabbed. Imagine how berserk Naruto will go when he sees Sasuke attacking his friends and possiblly attacking Sakura. Naruto may be trying to hold it on his own, but i doubt he'll be able to hold it if Sakura gets hurt, which i find very possible the next time they see Sasuke.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#38 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Jun 16 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The elemental part sounds possible, but Killer Bee teaching Naruto seems more possible right now. Naruto's seal is slipping and although the 4th fixed it, i don't think it will last long at this rate. Naruto went 8tails when Hinata was stabbed. Imagine how berserk Naruto will go when he sees Sasuke attacking his friends and possiblly attacking Sakura. Naruto may be trying to hold it on his own, but i doubt he'll be able to hold it if Sakura gets hurt, which i find very possible the next time they see Sasuke.

I think it was a pretty large reinforcement on the seal. Naruto just needs to keep his emotions in check, and not get out of control when something happens like the Hinata thing, it's part of him getting stronger and keeping the Kyuubi in check as it's 'warden'. My thoughts anyway. biggrin.gif

#39 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 16 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it was a pretty large reinforcement on the seal. Naruto just needs to keep his emotions in check, and not get out of control when something happens like the Hinata thing, it's part of him getting stronger and keeping the Kyuubi in check as it's 'warden'. My thoughts anyway. biggrin.gif

It was, he basically just "re-installed" the seal.

Naruto's seal only got weaker because of the repeated emotions he was going through during those critical moments. It's like continually shoving water through a pipe a few sizes too small.

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 16 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto and Sakura getting pawed by cloud ninja. Gah I don't believe it.

It doesn't really mean that much. It's just a much used plot point in both shonen manga and western superhero comics. New powerful characters get into a squabble (non deadly fight) with core characters, new characters win the round. It's so over used in superhero comics that the surprise is when it's not used. It's also somewhat over used in shonen manga. Kishimoto does better than most in not over using it, but this isn't the first time he's used it. Remember at the start of the Chunnin exams arc where Rock Lee took out Sasuke with one blow?
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users