• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Read the title, google the two bills (PROTECT-IP in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act in the House), and then write/email/call your local legislator/congressperson.

Neither of those two bills accomplishes what they seek to and they're only a few lines away from being the Great Firewall of China. Seriously. You could get sued AND jail time for singing a pop song on Facebook.

These two pieces of legislation would affect people online worldwide, by the way, so if you're outside of the US, you should write in too. In fact, DEFINITELY write in; we have a louder voice if the int'l community also stands with us.

Many large and major sites/tech companies/giants like Mozilla, Facebook and 4chan are already on board.

Learn. Decide. Act.

Don't let 'em break the internet.

More information:

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/
http://americancenso...tml#infographic
http://americancenso...ex.html#website

P. S. : These acts would also infringe upon the rights of those who conduct themselves legally online too. The US government has tools with which to fight online piracy ALREADY, and these bills are just... bad.

#2 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Nov 25 2011, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the.... Getting jail time and sues for a pop video?!!.... O.O

People need to stop this kitten.

It's horrible... Fortunately, one of these won't be passed but the other one is being considered... ¬_¬

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

eh its not the first time congress has tried this and it wont pass it its a stupid law that no one will follow.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

I don't know Leo, it seems like it's serious this time :/

Though if they do try and pass this law, I'll go Higurashi on their collective behinds! rawr.gif

#5 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Nov 25 2011, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pffffffttttttt. hm.png As if they have the balls to pass that bill. If they do i'll join you if you go over their kick their behinds. a_thumbs.gif

Ummm, Konan? Have you ever watched Higurashi?

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Its against America's freedom of speech and freedom of press. The supreme court will throw this law away.

#7 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Nov 25 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its against America's freedom of speech and freedom of press. The supreme court will throw this law away.

While that is true, you have to realize which one has more power and authority... Now most would say the Supreme Court, but sometimes Congress can wet te beak of the old eagle and make it sing a different tune.

Leo, don't take this lightly, the internet may not be the same again :/

#8 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (LegendaryArcanine42 @ Nov 24 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While that is true, you have to realize which one has more power and authority... Now most would say the Supreme Court, but sometimes Congress can wet te beak of the old eagle and make it sing a different tune.

Leo, don't take this lightly, the internet may not be the same again :/

I'm just saying the bills been on hold its not going to happen. Google and a lot of other companies are complaining about it and getting more and more people to join there petitions to stop this and the Government has taken notice of this.

#9 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (LegendaryArcanine42 @ Nov 24 2011, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And most would be wrong if they did. The three main branches are considered to be co-equal with each have checks over the others.

Neither of those two bills accomplishes what they seek to and they're only a few lines away from being the Great Firewall of China. Seriously. You could get sued AND jail time for singing a pop song on Facebook.

Singing a pop song on Facebook....would probably constitute a public performance of a copyrighted work, which would violate current copyright law.

#10 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

And this is why I am firm against the US government. facepalm.png

And you guys are right about the copyright.. But I find it as nothing to worry about. Big deal, they'd have to arrest everyone in the world.

Edited by Fenris, 25 November 2011 - 12:51 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#11 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 25 2011, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Singing a pop song on Facebook....would probably constitute a public performance of a copyrighted work, which would violate current copyright law.

Whoa, it's Phoenix-san!

All jokes aside, it's great to have a lawyer here to answer this question... What can Disclaimers actually do in a courtroom, if someone were to get sued for copyright infringement... For say~

Covering a song by a famous musician, or writing fanfiction...

#12 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

Oh no, not this crap again. Well, I do not think that the people themselves, will stand to see this pass and be carried on in future events. But I do not see this passing, and if it does, then F, I guess I can really go ahead and hold nothing back when I can say what I think about the world and/or the country.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

Imperial presidency and the Imperial congress at its worst.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

Let's just hope this isn't gonna happen... sleep.gif

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 25 2011, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is why said copyright law must be amended. Including this sh*tty bill. There's also freedom of creativity and expression, correct?? If one sings along to a song in public (with iPods) wouldn't that mean he would be arrested simply because he's just trying to enjoy singing?? that, I think is a serious offense to basic human rights. And moreover, what is the line between breaking the copyright law and not breaking it?? does said victim of the law had any intention to violate the law?? the major problem with copyright laws nowadays are so blurry and unadaptable towards the changes in this 21st century. The implementation of this bill isn't going to help anything at all.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

lolwut? Are these those same proposals from a couple of years ago? I'm pretty sure these were considered as far back as '10, unless they brought back the proposals...again.

#17 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

@Shadow Uzumaki - They're bringing it back again, and its more likely that they might succeed this time ¬_¬

@Codus N - I agree with you, but the Congress is filled with noobs that barely understand Google, how do you expect them to have enough hindsight to realize that this is just going to completely destroy what the internet was in the first place! A place of freedom, creativity and spontaneity!

@ Ang + Kim + Strangelove - I seriously hope that this won't happen, otherwise me and Konan might have to whoop some ass!

Or start a facebook group tongue.gif

#18 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

If it really gets passed, what're you going to do about it? Honestly, what are you going to do about it? (Note: Wailing on blogs does not count).

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Indeed., A prudent question.

Of course, Mr. Densetsu/Arcanine also lives in Great Britain, so his outrage is quite a whisper back here in the US.

#20 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

that why i love brazil , i can download games in torrent , share music , and i do not get sued , because my country does not have a proper laws , becey ause 60% of the senators use torrent and share music smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users