31562 replies to this topic

#27461 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Have they even started bonding for Bolt to even call Nail that? or is it the whole "Tell, don't show" dynamic that Naruto and Sasuke were LIVING off of, even now?

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 June 2019 - 12:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27462 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

So how much do you lot agree with this

https://screenrant.c...reasons-better/

#27463 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

NARUTO FEATURES A DIVERSE SET OF CHARACTERS

And hardly any of them had proper development. One Piece does the big cast so much better than Naruto or Bleach did.

NARUTO HAD REAL VILLAINS

Pictured: Orochimaru... WHO GETS AWAY WITH IT.

NARUTO HAD A NOBLE GOAL

Become Hokage and end the ninja system which he did not do.

NARUTO WASN'T A "SOFT" SERIES

And yet, Sasuke and Orcohimaru got away with their terrible deeds.

#27464 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

Yeah looking at screenrant naruto tag, there articles are just really bad

#27465 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

I've never seen the last battle between Naruto and Sasuke, but this:

naruto-Sasuke-punch.jpg

looks awful.

Don't tell me that's the animation they used for the whole fight.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27466 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

I've never seen the last battle between Naruto and Sasuke, but this:
naruto-Sasuke-punch.jpg
looks awful.
Don't tell me that's the animation they used for the whole fight.

This is from the filler they made with tsunade dream arc

#27467 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

This is from the filler they made with tsunade dream arc

I see.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27468 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

Yeah looking at screenrant naruto tag, there articles are just really bad

SR is overall pretty bad. The only thing I like from them is their Pitch Meeting videos. Those are pretty funny.

#27469 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

You know I've been thinking about this for a good while now since the ending of Game of Thrones and both Naruto and Daenerys are in some ways alike.

Now I bet your all wondering in which way, and I had to re-watch the last episode and also to look, back on Naruto as both, of them believe that what they do is right, and they know what is good.

It's not only the whole line of them saying. "They, know what's good," but also not giving people the chose it's their way or no way.

Both are very arrogant that thinking they can change the world for the better, and in the end, for Daenerys, it leads to her death, and the same will happen to Naruto.

#27470 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:03 PM

And hardly any of them had proper development. One Piece does the big cast so much better than Naruto or Bleach did.

1. AND Kishi never gave a crap about 99.99% of them

2. Plus, I thought all Naruto villains were *CRY, SOB*  VICTIMS of the ninja system that needed NAWUTO to KISS their emotional booboos away and change the ninja system which as you stated already, HE DID NOT.

3. Also, DREAMS ARE FOR SUCKERS AND ARE POINTLESS, going by what Bolt is showing us. with NARDO (a facsimile-like fake Naruto) failing to achieve anything, and his one accomplishment turning into a complete joke, to hype up his daughter as the memetic bad@$$ as she deserves just like her mother.

4. I refer back to my point 2 for that. So there. :superior: Adding on to that, forgiveness is the ultimate meaningful message in the universe even though no one SHOWS ANYTHING WORTHY of said forgiveness nor betters themselves for it. Sasuke and Orochimaru being the prime examples

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 June 2019 - 12:21 PM.

#27471 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:09 AM

1. AND Kish never gave a crap about 99.99% of them

2. Plus, I thought all Naruto villains were *CRY, SOB*  VICTIMS of the ninja system that needed NAWUTO to KISS their emotional booboos away and change the ninja system which as you stated already, HE DID NOT.

3. Also, DREAMS ARE FOR SUCKERS AND ARE POINTLESS, going by what Bolt is showing us, with NARDO (a facsimile-like fake Naruto) failing to achieve anything. And his one accomplishment turning into a complete joke, to just hype up his daughter as the memetic bad@$$ as she deserves just like her mother.

4. I refer back to my point 2 for that. So there. :superior: Plus forgiveness is the ultimate meaningful message in the universe even though no one SHOWS ANYTHING WORTHY of said forgiveness nor betters themselves for it. Sasuke and Orochimaru being the prime examples

1.) And even the 0.01% he seemingly did ended up thrown under the bus.

2.) Yep, or were just "Naruto gone wrong" foils, which got old after Gaara (at the earliest) or Nagato (at the latest).

3.) And, as far as I've heard, Himawari is just like Hinatatas - far in the background and not doing anything of importance thus making the "hype" from that chapter completely pointless.

4.) It's a bad message Kishi is sending - forgiveness must include no punishments or consequences for one's actions or it's not forgiveness. You can forgive someone for a horrible deed but still want them punished for it or else how will they possibly learn anything? You can forgive a person who murdered someone close to you, but that doesn't mean you have to then beg the judge and courts to let that person off scott free or reduced punishment.

2e5.gif

#27472 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Funny the straw hats in one piece are better than Hinata even nami usopp and chopper they actually wins.
I still see why Sakura gets so much hate when we have people like orochimaru, danzo, kabuto, obito and marada all of which are murdering psychopaths.
I say that cause I saw a watch mojo list of the most hated animals characters and was waiting to see Sakura there but to my surprise danzo was on the list.

#27473 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

1.) And even the 0.01% he seemingly did ended up thrown under the bus.
2.) Yep, or were just "Naruto gone wrong" foils, which got old after Gaara (at the earliest) or Nagato (at the latest).
3.) And, as far as I've heard, Himawari is just like Hinatatas - far in the background and not doing anything of importance thus making the "hype" from that chapter completely pointless.
4.) It's a bad message Kishi is sending - forgiveness must include no punishments or consequences for one's actions or it's not forgiveness. You can forgive someone for a horrible deed but still want them punished for it or else how will they possibly learn anything? You can forgive a person who murdered someone close to you, but that doesn't mean you have to then beg the judge and courts to let that person off scott free or reduced punishment.

Agreed on all points kishi is a kittening hack hope he never writes again and if he does he fails.
The Naruto gone wrong thing was overplayed and meant something with garra and nagato obito was a stretch.
Himawari is pointless.
Actions have consequences but in Naruto they don't which is bs. Or just cause Naruto says to forgive them cause he says so we must listen I'm sorry about what gives Naruto the right to do that and that we should listen.

#27474 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

And by the way i saw this in tumblr :

tumblr_psuivpk9zX1t8uh75_400.jpg

The one who posted this said : "Mitsuki is completely obsolete now".

To be entirely honest, if you read the manga Cups only exist to give exposition. It is the anime that tried selling that he and Bolt were close friends. Going off even the manga adaptation of the movie. Bolt wasn't even close to his teammates, care about them, or for that matter even try to be friendly with them before the chunin exam because they notice a change of attitude when he was around his family when compared to when he was with them; ie nice, polite, friendly, happy, smiles, concerned with how they are doing, and so on. Salad called him basically a lazy spoiled brat to her father when he started training with him, and Cups seemed more her friend then Bolt's.

But again its the anime trying to make something that isn't supported by the source material, and we all know how that turns out when they do that.

Edit: I just remember kishi one shot for Cups and how Bolt is suppose to fill him. So, maybe the anime taking it from that, but again the clowns aren't interested in Kishi's characters. They want to do their own stories with their own characters. Which means Cups is irrelevant while Nail is Bolt's best friend/Bond-Brother.

Have they even started bonding for Bolt to even call Nail that? or is it the whole "Tell, don't show" dynamic that Naruto and Sasuke were LIVING off of, even now?

Mentioned it in last summary. Personally, no, I don't think they really done enough to warrant it, but I guess this is the one time they are actually going to speed something up in that manga.

Has a more diverse cast...which they rarely use.

Wasn't slow...While I agree, part of the problem with Naruto was the fact that kishi was rushed out of setting up the story early by his editor. Then again I don't recall any other manga wasting ten months on recap and another five on a prologue.

Has suspense at every turn...

Has unrivaled action sequences...ahahahaha. Pretty sure any of us can find better.

Has real villains...What they don't count Molding Cannibal, Cyborg Ao, more of Kaguya's clan or the knock off Akatsuki?

Naruto had a noble goal...which he abandon in the end because the fanbase care more about who he impregnated.

Naruto was on his own..wait wasn't Hinata always with him? They even use images from the last for this number's image. Beyond that it could be said this made Naruto's negative qualities more understandable therefor tolerable then his spoiled kitten of a son.

Naruto wasn't a "soft" series...its average for shounen to be honest in terms of tone...also it lost a lot of it edge once kishi became a dad.

Naruto worked hard for what he had... but in the end was just given the position of hokage and his wife.

Naruto started off weak...part of that is because kishi wanted Bolt to be different from his father, but mostly it was because SP wouldn't allow Hinata's son can be anything but perfect.

So 3/10.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 June 2019 - 08:10 AM.

#27475 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Oh right, you did mention Bolt declaring himself and Nail as brothers. It only flew past my head because I did not read anything in the chapter summary that mentioned them "bonding" over anything per say so it is just like the "short haired failiure" and Sasuke all over again, if you ask me.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 June 2019 - 12:15 PM.

#27476 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Oh right, you did mention Bolt declaring himself and Nail as brothers. It only flew past my head becasue I did not read anything in the chapter summary that mentioned them "bonding" over anything per say so it is just like the "short haired failiure" and Sasuke all over again if you ask me.

Because even while reading it the scene didn't feel that important. It was just wrapping up the scene of them wondering if the karma seal had any connection to Sakura/Tsunade's. Nail worries again that kara will come and bolt assure he will do everything they can to help him because they are brothers.

It feels like it is suppose to be significant and i know for the story it suppose to be, but it just came off as "well that happen" and a way to end the scene.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 June 2019 - 01:11 AM.

#27477 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

Oh, okay then

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 June 2019 - 12:45 PM.

#27478 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:01 AM

https://youtu.be/_DqQvq94MI0
Funny comment on this video on a guy who married Hatsune MikuAttached File  Screenshot_20190615-194929~2.png   40.62KB   10 downloads

#27479 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

Question. Do you guys remember why the OVA that we all love was made? The one where we see Naruto on the ground and Sakura holding him as he dies because of the aftermath of his fight with Sasuke and then at the end we see that Naruto lived and Sakura crying.

Why was that made? I remember reading that it was made to inspire hope for one of the disasters that happened in Japan at that time, but I can't recall correctly and I'm not sure if that was even the case.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#27480 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:18 AM

Question. Do you guys remember why the OVA that we all love was made? The one where we see Naruto on the ground and Sakura holding him as he dies because of the aftermath of his fight with Sasuke and then at the end we see that Naruto lived and Sakura crying.

Why was that made? I remember reading that it was made to inspire hope for one of the disasters that happened in Japan at that time, but I can't recall correctly and I'm not sure if that was even the case.

That Tsunami that hit in...2012? It became even more of a disaster because it also damaged a nuclear power plant.

No wait 2011. https://en.wikipedia...ake_and_tsunami

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users