19 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:20 PM

Well, apparently the BS vs BS the new Hinata/Sakura conflict has finally begun among fans.

Summary Time: Chapter 56. Code. The one of the new Villain's name. Wait BlueSaber I thought you said it was "What To Inherit?" 

Cover is the clone...Well her hair blue now instead of a shade of purple. The hair looks better then the weird hair design she had in the anime.. still looks bad. But over all god she looks awful. There is something off about her face.

Oh it begins with Bolt being interviewed. The interviewer looks creepy, and they are sitting in weird pod chairs with a tv that has two pillars with leaf scroll designs. It is one of those 'trying to keep a ninja theme' that just looks gaudy.

Madoc is giving Nail a new arm while Sleazy Inventor watches and the Clone helps. Oh, wait, it has apparently been at least a week since the attack since Nail is going in for a check up. Sleazy is impressed by the arm Madoc made. The Clone has now become Madoc's assistant; so she can be more involved in the plot. After a single mention Nail decides to ask her if she likes Bolt. This causes her to freak out in a design I have never seen before...and not in a good way.

Bolt awkward interview ends with Salad watching with their friends while irked. Shikamaru's Son points out he is putting on a brave face because of Karma, he can't go on mission (which also effects his teammates) and is watch at all times by order of Shikamaru. Cups points out that hopefully the adults' aren't just waiting around to see what happens and are being proactive about solving this.

Bolt is on his father's monument head. Girls below praise him as cute. He waves with his karma hand realizes it and puts it down. In comes Nail to talk. They talk about karma...did they change femmy's design? Nail think Bolt could try to transfer karma to someone else...no wait its let femmy take over his body and then take over someone else body with his own karma...or I'm just going to hope its a translation error and look into this tomorrow. Nail bring up Code/Punk as a choice as a vessel...well seeing he already got a white karma and you have a karma in the future Nail I don't think this idea will work out as you hope.

A shot of the Punk going to some base in the a snow filled place.

Now Shikamaru, Madoc, and Bolt talk about The Punk. He is the last member of Kara left as well as guarding the ten tails and once he is gone so is Kara. Ah so that's why Sasuke lost his eye without it he can't travel to the other dimension to kill the ten tails. Madoc says the Punk is specials.

The snow base is Blacksmith's there are guards outside that refuse the Punk's entry. So he can show off by killing them.

Nail gives the Punk's backstory. He was another of the I.V. bag kids and he survived because he was the one after Nail in line. Could have sworn he was the only one beforehand. He couldn't completely absorb karma and got a white one instead.

Back to Punk. A guard reveal his right arm is a gun that can fire ki blast. The Punk uses clawed hands that slashes create his belt brace thing that he can then...appear from? Its actually hard to explain. He is one with his belts I guess.

Madoc explains the punk is a better fighter then Jenga. In fact, he so strong that instead of given enhancement like the rest. He was given limiters instead, which only Madoc says only he can remove. He worship Kaguya's clan and was jealous Nail was chosen instead. With this information Naruto decides to call a Gokage summit...you know that would be more impressive if it wasn't for that meeting about Nail at the start of this mess. Also helps this one is appropriate for such a thing. 

Back to Nail and Bolt talking about Karma and installing it in Punk. Nail reiterates to the audience he is the strongest of Kara and it might be a good way to get ride of him by turning him into a member of Kaguya's clan. Bolt brings up that since Naruto no longer has Kurama they can't keep depending on him and should train. Nice to know the hokage is considered useless with out his demonic power up.

Punk enters the base for some random old goon to ask if Jenga needed something from Blacksmith. Punk updates him and wants one of the cyborgs stored in the base called: Eida...Dear god, if there was ever a character to be call a Hinata clone. So, Hime. She also apparently knows everything in the world.

Next chapter April 20th.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 March 2021 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:28 AM

Well, apparently the BS vs BS the new Hinata/Sakura conflict has finally begun among fans.

Summary Time: Chapter 56. Code. The one of the new Villain's name. Wait BlueSaber I thought you said it was "What To Inherit?" 

Cover is the clone...Well her hair blue now instead of a shade of purple. The hair looks better then the weird hair design she had in the anime.. still looks bad. But over all god she looks awful. There is something off about her face.

Oh it begins with Bolt being interviewed. The interviewer looks creepy, and they are sitting in weird pod chairs with a tv that has two pillars with leaf scroll designs.

Madoc is giving Nail a new arm while Sleazy Inventor watches and the Clone helps. Oh it has apparently been at least a week since the attack since Nail is going in for a check up. Sleazy is impressed. The Clone has now become Madoc's assistant; so she can be more involved in the plot. After a single mention Nail decides to ask her if she likes Bolt. This causes her to freak out in a design I have never seen before...and not in a good way.

Bolt awkward interview ends with Salad watching with their friends while irked. Shikamaru's Son points out he putting on a brave face because of Karma he can't go on mission (which also effects his teammates) and is watch at all times by order of Shikamaru. Cups points out that hopefully the adults' aren't just waiting around to see what happens and are being proactive about solving this.

Bolt is on his father's monument head. Girls below praise his as cute. He waves with his karma hand realizes it and puts it down. In comes Nail to talk. They talk about karma...did they change femmy's design? Nail think Bolt could try to transfer karma to someone else...no wait its let femmy take over his body and then take over someone else body with his own karma...or I'm just going to hope its a translation error and look into this tomorrow. Nail bring up Code/Punk as a choice as a vessel...well seeing he already got a white karma and you have a karma in the future Nail I don't think this idea will work out as you hope.

A shot of the Punk going to some base in the a snow filled place.

Now Shikamaru, Madoc, and Bolt talk about The Punk. He is the last member of Kara left as well as guarding the ten tails and once he is gone so is Kara. Ah so that's why Sasuke lost his eye without it he can't travel to the other dimension to kill the ten tails. Madoc says the Punk is specials.

The snow base is Blacksmith's their are guards outside the refuse the punk entry so he can show off by killing them.

Nail give the Punk's backstory. He was another of the I.V. bag kids and he survived because he was the one after Nail. He could complete absorb karma and got a white one instead.

Back to Punk. A guard reveal his right arm is a gun that can fire ki blast. The Punk uses clawed hand that slashes create his belt brace thing that he can then...appear from? it actually hard to explain.

Madoc explains the punk is a better fighter then Jenga in fact he so strong that instead of given enhancement he was given limiters instead; which only Madoc says can remove. He worship Kaguya's clan and was jealous Nail was chosen instead. With this information Naruto decides to call a Gokage summit...you know that would be more impressive if it wasn't for that meeting about Nail at the start of this mess. Also helps this one is appropriate for such a thing. 

Back to Nail and Bolt talking about Karma and installing it in Punk. Nail reiterates to the audience he is the strongest of Kara and it might be a good way to get ride of him by turning him into a member of Kaguya's clan. Bolt bring up that since Naruto no longer has Kurama they can't keep depending on him and should train.

Punk enter the base for some random old goon to ask if Jenga needed something from Blacksmith. punk updates him and wants one of the cyborgs stored in the base called: Eida...Dear god, if there was ever a character to be call a Hinata clone. So, Hime. She also apparently knows everything in the world.

Next chapter April 20th.

hip hip hooray.... :zaru:

Besides that Not much is happening that I find note worthy. Your personal thought?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:03 AM

Well that's what was in the spoiler page one the site I read for about a week, guess they were mislead.

Anyway isn't delta alive the Blonde girl cyborg who fought against Naruto? Because I'm sure she was brought back making her and Code the only two members or Kara remaining.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 19 March 2021 - 03:04 AM.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

Ah right dragon ball super. The new rival that wished to made strongest in the universe got his wish. However, the dragon could not just snap his fingers and make him the strongest. Instead it took the lifeforce the rival had if he had devoted his life to becoming the strongest. his species can live 200 years, he was 50, and now he has three years left. I like the concept behind how they granted this make me the strongest warrior stuff.

He then goes to the gang he was hired by that informed him freeza was alive; because they are his business partners. Telling them his wish to fight freeza as well as his wish he made including that their are dragonball on his home planet. They don't want to lose a business partner they plan on backstabbing just yet so they send hi of to fight the sayjan.

Well that's what was in the spoiler page one the site I read for about a week, guess they were mislead.

Anyway isn't delta alive the Blonde girl cyborg who fought against Naruto? Because I'm sure she was brought back making her and Code the only two members or Kara remaining.

To be honest I liked the idea of the chapter focusing on dealing with the loss of power of Naruto and Sasuke over, Code just so powerful. Mustard was turned offline by Madoc before he left their base. I guess that killed her or Kishi forgot about her.

hip hip hooray.... :zaru:

Besides that Not much is happening that I find note worthy. Your personal thought?

Well I no longer since this is the start of a new story arc. I'm not giving Kishimoto a pass. Even if this stuff the Kodaichi though up he still the one deciding to go along with it. That said.

The Bolt-Nail Karma discussion comes off as a discussion groups have in D&D when one of the member is infected by an evil god. "Right we want to avoid killing Dreadgore McBloodaxe as long as possible, but we'll do it if when have no choice. Any ideas how to fix this?" "How about we have McBloodaxe transfer his god curse to someone else and then kill them." "Brilliant." And like how that always turned bad when it thought up in D&D you get the feeling this is gonna go bad as well.

Well Luans7 was right we do have Cyborg 17 & 18 with The Punk and Hime. His being one with his belt is interesting. Her likely being some sort of all-knowing fortune teller is not. Its not interesting how they are trying to hype him up simply by going on about how strong he is and killing two mooks.

The BS pairing conflict. While this wasn't the first time this happened in the manga. The first being when they were leaving the institute to find konohamaru that led to encountering Nail. I do find it sad/pathetic that Kishimoto first arc starts off with starting up the pairing conflicts again. With no NS in between, it's now just a fight between nH & SS, which I'm fine with. Though like I keep saying Boruto's dream is to be Sarada's best hitman if she isn't important to the plot the story is just as kitten as Naruto's became. Though at the moment neither Salad or the clone are main characters. The clone is just an assistant in the cyborg ninja weapons group. While Salad is the most important of all Bolt's ninja friends. Only Bolt and Nail are really important in this story right now.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 March 2021 - 09:29 AM.

#5 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:33 AM

Found these sales chart for Boruto https://www.reddit.c...ll_in_terms_of/

Seems like the manga sales have gone or is that just with manga in general that sales have gone up?

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:45 AM

Found these sales chart for Boruto https://www.reddit.c...ll_in_terms_of/

Seems like the manga sales have gone or is that just with manga in general that sales have gone up?

....Ah I thought this was familiar http://www.narusaku....ic=16615&page=2 Do you have data more up to date? That was two months going on three months old. How did the volume do for the next two months?

#7 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:10 PM

....Ah I thought this was familiar http://www.narusaku....ic=16615&page=2 Do you have data more up to date? That was two months going on three months old. How did the volume do for the next two months?

Unfortunately no that reddit link seems to be the last time someone updates the sales, I could only find this which is new that we already know about

https://www.reddit.c...d_according_to/

Other than that I founded this on sales in manga in general right now for Japan https://mipon.org/manga-popular-japan/

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

If sales are improving on this garbage, that's just sad. Turns out people don't care all that much about good writing or a story that actually makes sense. Then again , most shounen these days is garbage and stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin only come along once in a blue moon. Hell, the series with the characters in my avatar/Sig had some GREAT ideas on paper, but got bogged down by the same pitfalls and idiocy that make just about every other shounen these days not worthwhile; the editor was clearly smoking crack and the mangaka was more interested in flashy character designs than actually planning ahead with the plot.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 20 March 2021 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:33 PM

Unfortunately no that reddit link seems to be the last time someone updates the sales, I could only find this which is new that we already know about

https://www.reddit.c...d_according_to/

Other than that I founded this on sales in manga in general right now for Japan https://mipon.org/manga-popular-japan/

Well at least it was nice to read the reddit comments apparently even fans of the manga think Ikemoto sucks. He apparently traces from other manga, constantly reuses outlines, fight are lazily done, terrible choreography, and in general just bad.

Could also mean there was nothing good to report in its next week in sales.

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 12:06 AM

Have done a stream on this week's chapter of boruto, with Chatte, Luckychi7 and retrospective greg

https://youtu.be/VnySKS2vjp4

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 21 March 2021 - 12:07 AM.

#11 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 12:29 AM

If sales are improving on this garbage, that's just sad. Turns out people don't care all that much about good writing or a story that actually makes sense. Then again , most shounen these days is garbage and stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin only come along once in a blue moon. Hell, the series with the characters in my avatar/Sig had some GREAT ideas on paper, but got bogged down by the same pitfalls and idiocy that make just about every other shounen these days not worthwhile; the editor was clearly smoking crack and the mangaka was more interested in flashy character designs than actually planning ahead with the plot.

Don't worry, Kishimoto is back so that brings some people just by Hype, wait till the end of the year, and we will see if the history really improves.

#12 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:43 AM

I think that the only reason sales went up are from the Hinata fans thinking that Kishi will now use Hinata far more than the old writer.

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 11:49 AM

Don't worry, Kishimoto is back so that brings some people just by Hype, wait till the end of the year, and we will see if the history really improves.

Very much this. But as I heard it Boruto fans DIDN'T want him back on board because, well among other things, how he treated his females was a point of contention among fans, I believe

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 March 2021 - 09:37 PM.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 09:34 PM

Very much this. But as I heard it Boruto fans DIDN'T want him back on board because, well among other things, how he treated his females was a point contention among fans, I believe

That's what I think it as first evil found out. Salad was liked since she was as I said Sakura 2.0. She was actually involved in the fights, as she seemed somewhat involved in the story, she didn't seem to just be romance fodder, she didn't just cry, she didn't hit Naruto Bolt, and so on. And people weren't impressed with Anna in Japan being told pretty much, just cook and pray for me woman. I would say this was silly since she still wasn't important to the story, some of stuff that made her people like her was written by kishi, and even if she was seemingly important she was replaced by Nail as fast as this story could get to him. But. Seeing as Kishi already changed the clone a bit to make her even more Hinata like, and Salad is only the most important of the ninja friends Bolt has; where she was made team 7 leader during the Blacksmith fight. So, we will see...I'm getting tired of saying that.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 March 2021 - 01:25 AM.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Well I'm sure expectations are at zero way before this point but maybe a decent chapter WILL pop up. Eventually? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Emphasis on maybe, before anyone else says "why expect anything on this garbage?" I know, I know, but I'm just keeping an open mind that a future chapter COULD suck less than what we've been given. That's all I'm saying because you never know for sure

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 March 2021 - 09:50 PM.

#16 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:20 PM

Very much this. But as I heard it Boruto fans DIDN'T want him back on board because, well among other things, how he treated his females was a point of contention among fans, I believe

I can't understand them, Boruto's fans, Kishimoto sold his soul just to gave them their precious relationship, even though everyone else knows how stupid, NH, was, is and will be, and they try to critique Kishimoto. To me, and just personally, NH and Boruto's fans are a bunch of jer**. Just kids and weirdos.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:07 PM

Uh, that would be the international fans though. The native Japanese fanbase never really agreed with the ending (indifferent at best really) and hated it more after "The Last" because all initial viewers were  forced to watch it with the no refund policy and THEY thought it was garbage

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 April 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

Uh, that would be the international fans though. The native Japanese fanbase never really agreed with the ending (indifferent at best really) and hated it more after "The Last" because all initial viewers were  forced to watch it with the no refund policy and THEY thought it was garbage

Pretty much, but you are forgetting about the otaku that loved it. Which likely even made Naruto more unpopular.

I can't understand them, Boruto's fans, Kishimoto sold his soul just to gave them their precious relationship, even though everyone else knows how stupid, NH, was, is and will be, and they try to critique Kishimoto. To me, and just personally, NH and Boruto's fans are a bunch of jer**. Just kids and weirdos.

They built a fantasy in their heads that Hinata should have always been intended and if she got together with Naruto it would be perfect. He ruined that.

But the complaining about him coming back is again more the Japanese fans. The Westerns are more convincing themselves/in denial with people hoping Kishimoto coming back will fix all the problem.

#19 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:18 AM

Spoilers are starting to come out for the next chapter on twitter

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 05:37 AM

Spoilers are starting to come out for the next chapter on twitter

I'll wait for the chapter so my initial thoughts are in the summary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users