• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

The Forbidden Kingdom: 9/10
Despite a horrendous plot this movie had some of the best coreographed fight scenes I've ever seen, no wonder since they were done by the guy who did the fight coreography for The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Though both Chan and Li are aging and no longer in the prime of their careers they show that they can still kick ass even when the ass they are kicking is each other's (I swear to god I almost cheered in the theater when Jackie and Jet went head to head).

Edited by Ed-Kun, 20 April 2008 - 07:15 PM.

uc.png

#42 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

anyways the last movie i watched was just today which was reign over me starring adam sandler and don cheadle a pretty darn good drama 8/10 if you like dramas then you might enjoy this movie not meaning to turn this into a review sorry

2z3z1wm.gif

#43 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

Shawshank Redemption: 10/10

I love this movie! I read the book and i think that the movie captures it very well. Definately one of my favs! :thumbs:

#44 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Wedding crashers! Watched it again lol. 8/10
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#45 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:03 AM

The Godfather Part Three: 7/10

A movie I've dreaded seeing since I loved the first 2 and heard horrible things about this one. I saw it anyways finally and I must say it's not as bad as some people say but its definately the worst of the three.

uc.png

#46 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:10 AM

In Bruges: 10/10.

Independent movie. xD it's a very dark comedy, and I love them. Everything was perfect, I think. Especially the soundtrack. God, the music is AMAZING in that movie. ;___;

#47 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:11 AM

ratatouillie i hope to god i spelled that right i nice little animated film good plot and story i think 7/10:p thank you

2z3z1wm.gif

#48 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (dark shaman @ Apr 20 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ratatouillie i hope to god i spelled that right i nice little animated film good plot and story i think 7/10:p thank you

That's rating it way too low man this was one of Pixar's best since Toy Story imo. I give it a 10/10 and yes you spelled it right.

uc.png

#49 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Ed-Kun @ Apr 21 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's rating it way too low man this was one of Pixar's best since Toy Story imo. I give it a 10/10 and yes you spelled it right.

Joining Ed-kun on this one, after so many idotic animated movies comes ratatouille that reminded me that there is more in animated movies then how many pop culture references you can put inside a film. 10/10

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#50 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Titanic (1997): 4/10

A movie I haven't seen from start to finish in about a decade and after seeing it again I remember why. This is a 174 minute snoozefest with a tacked on romance story that I didn't believe for one minute. And don't get me started on "My Heart Will Go On", one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard in my life. While a technical masterpiece for its time looking back on it now the special effects are kinda hokey especially the iceburg which looks fake. I'd rather watch all 85 filler episodes of Naruto over again in a row than ever sit through this movie ever again.

uc.png

#51 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

ehh i got another movie i've watched over and over high fidelity a very funny movie who though's who like dry comedy's 8/10

2z3z1wm.gif

#52 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

Serious Spoilers... For people who saw the movie only.

FORBIDDEN KINGDOM

The Forbidden Kingdom 7/10, a guilty pleasure if nothing else.

I thought the movie was poorly pieced together by editing and a highly expository script. The acting I don't think was that bad. Many people grip about this, but one of the main issues is language here.... Unless you're absolutely fluent there's always going to be a slight disconnect when acting in a different language. The film was a bit cliche, which I actually have no problem with, but predictable. The monkey king-monk thing, the old man being Jackie's character from the past, come on? Who didn't see that coming, simply because you knew going in that they were double-casted. As far as the clicheness goes, only one part really bugged me. The fact that they were unshamefully cliche, and played everything believably, but then when Sparrow is dying she says "I..... thank you" vs "I.... love you." Then it sort of sticks out like.... what the junk? Did they do that simply because they didn't want to be cliche on every point? I know there were several other guys in the audience who left a little frustrated because they wanted to vicariously live through that boy in that one moment.

Unlike others, I wasn't impressed with any other fight scene other than the Jet Li Jackie fight. I wasn't a fan of the matrix saga fights, although I give Woo-ping Yuen all the credit in the world for making it seem like people who never had martial arts training in their entire life could at least defend themselves, and here, some of the fight sequences were dull... There were clever little tricks here and there but I found a lot of the choreography to be uninspired. The staff fight at the beginning of the film between the Monkey King and the Jade army was sloppy. I couldn't believe the editors let some of those mis-haps through the editing room floor. Seeing this movie makes me think that Woo-ping is not good at choreographing staff fights....

Now onto other things.... I don't know what to think of Jet Li peeing on Jackie.... now a part of me thinks that's just chinese humor, since I've seen that tons of times in export bootleg kung fu films, but it usually happens with a child doing it.... something about a grown man, namely Jet Li peeing on another icon's face.... just, pun not intended, pisses me off. But then I think am I being too serious about it? Am I simply angry that they peed on an icon? I don't know. I just don't get the peeing on things being humorous. I thought it was stupid when BumbleBee did it in "Transformers" and I didn't know what to make of it here. Guess I'm just not used to Jet Li doing humor. But there were a couple times I did laugh... but only at things that i don't think I was supposed to laugh at. Like when Sparrow and the Seeker talk before he decides to run off and exchange the staff for the elixer, and she gives him the most hardcore, "Come into my room look" I've ever seen as she pauses then enters her room, looking at him the whole time, he stands there for a second then looks at the moon, like he was thinking "Well, that went well", completely oblivious to the invitation, then he goes to his own bed.... I probably angered some people by how loud I LULZed. Now that probably wasn't meant to be how people read it but... gez was it open for interpretation. LMAO

Now, most of my review till now has been negative. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the film at all. I've always liked Chinese myths and the story of the "Journey to the West". I thought they did a fantastical job of creating the world of the Forbidden Kingdom. And although I never laughed out loud at any point in the film there were several points I grinned. Especially the part where the kid mentions Bruce Lee's name and both Jackie and Jet just looked at each other like "Who the hell is that?" because you know they've always been compared to good ol' Bruce since becoming popular. I enjoyed the score. It's sad to think the OST might not see the light of day. I also liked their utilization of the "seeker" whom I thought was not annoying nor overshadowed the main show, Jackie and Jet.

More later. To the hospital!!!!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#53 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

Balto 10/10

One of the few animated movies I can truly enjoy as an adult as much as I was aa child.

Edited by Dormin, 22 April 2008 - 08:03 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

#54 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

american pie a cult classic 9/10

2z3z1wm.gif

#55 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Naruto Shippuden The Movie: 3/10

This movie is worse than about 70% of the filler episodes that predated Shippuden, it is a boring, nonsensical mess that shouldn't be viewed by any fan of any age. Despite the potential for NaruSaku with the whole "Naruto Dies" thing none of it is played out and this movie seems to wanna pair Naruto with this blonde haired Hinata lookalike bimbo. This is the worst out of the 4 movies and it gives me absolutely NO hope for the 2nd Shippuden film.

uc.png

#56 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn : 9/10

Over-the-top style and a mix of cheap horror and comedy. Plus laughing deer heads are win wow.png

#57 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

Naruto: Shippuuden The Movie--

6/10

It was okay. Hopefully watching it a few more times will somehow make it better. X3 I'm curious as to how it'll be in American dub.

#58 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:51 AM

My last film: Under Seige starring Steven Segal

My Rating: 20/10

Reason: Uhm, Segal, pure and simple, lol. Now that guy knows how to make movies (he also was one of those who produced it).

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Mar 29 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Live Free or Die Hard: 8.5/10

I haven't seen the other movies before, but even with that in mind this was still a ridiculous over the top action movie that was just plain fun. Forget a four-leaf clover, Bruce Willis should be your lucky charm!

Agreed.

QUOTE (gamemaster2 @ Mar 30 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Black Hawk Down, 10/10. Amazing movie, first time I nearly cried at a movie in years was when the two snipers who were protecting the wounded pilot were killed and passed around while the crowd cheered. That hurt, and I don't even have any affiliation with the military.

TBH, its been a while since I've seen that one, so my memory is a tad rusty. I do recall I was bored watching it (just not my type of movie, at least not at that point of time in my life so long ago).

QUOTE (Vyse @ Mar 30 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Last Castle: 6/10

I had never seen the movie before, so I had higher expectations I guess... and got a little disappointed. It was an ok movie, but it was predictable and the ending, while emotional, kinda sucked. They made a big deal out of Robert Redford's character's daughter and grandson and how he never had the time to see them before he was put in prison and how his daughter more or less blew him off, and in the end he was shot and killed and they didn't say anything about how they reacted to it. Oh well, it was an ok movie as I said, but no great masterpiece. James Gandolfini was an ass!

Agreed, quite the sad ending. Still, I liked it enough to watch it at least twice that I can remember.

My Rating Of 'The Last Castle': 8.5/10

Love the story of that movie.

QUOTE (Nikko @ Apr 2 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blade Runner - ??/10 I know it's a classic, but I fell asleep about 20 minutes in cause it didn't keep my interest.

You fell asleep....

Me, I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. They even made another film (I forget the name off the top of my head as I never saw it) that's supposed to be in the same universe, though I don't recall if it was supposed to be a sequel or a prequel.

QUOTE (Kamden @ Apr 2 2008, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hot Fuzz- 9/10

Hot Fuzz is a British comedy, and I can honestly say that it is one of the absolute FUNNIEST movies I have ever seen. I was seriously laughing the whole way through. I subtracted a point because there was quite a bit of gore in it (ironically, that's fiasco around it was part of the humor, but I think they could've implied the brutal deaths rather than full-on showed them). Here's a trailer for it:

I want to see it again! XD

IMHO, 'Hot Fuzz' didn't live up to the hype. All the commercials made it seem like it would be funnier than it actually was. Of course, it could just be I don't really get British humor that much.

QUOTE (krisk @ Apr 3 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my jeez i wanna watch that movie! wow.png
that british guy.. the only name I know him by is Shaun XD is SOOOOOOO funny. XD

specially his friend in Shaun of the Dead (which got 9/10 from me XD OH NOES BREKIN THE ROOLZ D: XD)

didya watch it from DVD or do ya happen to have a download of that movie? biggrin.gif

In my mind, 'Shaun Of The Dead' was a flop. Again, due to being American, my understanding of British humor is poor. However, IMHO, that film was horrendus. I say there are plenty of better done zombie films out there, the Resident Evil trilogy, for example.

QUOTE (Vyse @ Apr 4 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Batman Begins - 10/10

What can I say? I love that film to death!!

Same rating from me.

QUOTE (Nikko @ Apr 6 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(the original one) 4/10 - It still scares me, I'm gonna have nightmares now thanks to it.

Original > Remake, IMHO. Even though I was an adult when I saw the remake, the 'new' version of Wonka gave me chills (the character, that is).

QUOTE (GobiKitsune @ Apr 6 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The second X-men movie. whatever it's called. X-Men United or something?

7/10 I still enjoyed it. <3

Like many trilogies, the three X-Men films aren't stand-alone. As such, they have to be grouped together to be fully comprehended.

QUOTE (Dormin @ Apr 15 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star wars episode 3: Revenge of the sith 11/10

Best movie ever

Its Star Wars, so of course its guranteed a high rating.

QUOTE (Pite @ Apr 16 2008, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7/10 - Live Free Die Hard, A lot of Fighting, some good one liners. And Of course Yeepee Kaye Motherflopper!

I'm with you on that. As for the catchphrase, it just ain't a Die Hard movie without it. TBH, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to say it. Though, IMHO, when he did, it felt more like a ploy to placate the fans as there were earlier moments in the film when it would have been much more effective.

QUOTE (psycho666 @ Apr 19 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star Wars: A New Hope- 7.5/10

I never really liked this one compared to the others. It just wasn't as good over all in my opinion. Though i know a lot of people would disagree with me on this tongue.gif.

Ahh, classic Star Wars...10/10.

QUOTE (Wilson @ Apr 20 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wedding crashers! Watched it again lol. 8/10

Funny, but in a weird way at times, IMHO.

QUOTE (Ed-Kun @ Apr 21 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Titanic (1997): 4/10

A movie I haven't seen from start to finish in about a decade and after seeing it again I remember why. This is a 174 minute snoozefest with a tacked on romance story that I didn't believe for one minute. And don't get me started on "My Heart Will Go On", one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard in my life. While a technical masterpiece for its time looking back on it now the special effects are kinda hokey especially the iceburg which looks fake. I'd rather watch all 85 filler episodes of Naruto over again in a row than ever sit through this movie ever again.

Titanic = snooze fest, IMHO.

QUOTE (Dormin @ Apr 22 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Balto 10/10

One of the few animated movies I can truly enjoy as an adult as much as I was aa child.

Original was great. Don't really remember the sequel, though I do recall a semi-sad ending.

QUOTE (dark shaman @ Apr 22 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
american pie a cult classic 9/10

Agreed.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#59 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

kinda of another old one i saw awile ago road trip 8/10 a very funny movie i enjoyed it at least

2z3z1wm.gif

#60 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

X Man 3 6/10

I wont forgive them for what they did to Cyclops although seeing Icman as "Iceman" and beast helped to dull the pain...

Made by Vongola10th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users