31571 replies to this topic

#29041 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:00 PM

The only time I see love brought up is when they are talking about Sasuke family, his parents and Itachi

All I really remember is that people quoted the databook 2 Sasuke thing a ton as an argument for SS before the ending. However that "with the emotion called love" is new. It used to just be about Sakura filling his lonely existence or something. Though I think it had more to do with Sakura being one of the people who helped Sasuke not feel lonely anymore. 

I don't know about the "even" part. You'd need the RAWs and a non-bias translator to figure that out. 
I've never heard SS argue the 4th databook line of "Sakura being the last person he wanted to hurt". That's new to me and I used to be very involved with the Naruto pairing debates. Granted it was mostly against NH fans since SS was considered crack at the time.

But Sasuke not wanting to hurt Sakura isn't proof of love??? I think he always acknowledged her kindness and appreciated it, hence his 'thank you' after her confession in part 1. But from what I can see, databook 4 was after the end of the manga. So...it doesn't surprise me that they'd put pro-SS in it when it happened.
Last person he wanted to hurt though...pfft, maybe because she was the last person on his mind. And he was pretty quick and unhesitating in hurting her every time they met in part 2 outside of the War arc.

Wasn't the databook for also have them going on about Sakura loving Naruto as well?

Honestly, I think for the most part the decision to make nH happen was tight lip till the end. Which is why so many people were shocked when it happen and it was never leaked. So, it could have been the databooks writer wasn't informed or was told to hedge the bet a bit. Who knows.

So the word of God then, unless the author says something they disagree with and then they go death of the author. Such a shame we never got to see Sakura's parents in the manga, I also wonder how many fights Sakura would of had if the editors didn't undermine her.

If only the female staff of SP were in charge and not the hinata fanboys we might of avoided this ending. How well is the Boruto anime doing anyway?

I never understood how studio animators/producers and Jump editors thought that the manga/anime USA or global market would be bigger than the one in Japan, did they think they could be like Hollywood Movies or something? Manga and anime while I get is more popular these days, I feel is still niche form of media outside Japan and no where near the levels of main stream as sci fi, fantasy or superhero comic characters have become (with maybe a few execption like Dragon Ball, Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh). Sad that Naruto had to be the lesson it seems.

Were these ten year old from Japan or america?

Yahagi didn't have her do many fights either and it was under his tenure that those two should have been introduced. It would have help just like a lot of changes could have helped.

The anime still exist. That's as well as it does.

Same if someone had put a stop to the Hinata obsession before it got out of hand.

No clue, he just mention getting a letter from a ten year old girl saying she hated Sakura.

Why do people here keep not understanding why the companies support this? How hard is this to figure this out? Naruto was an international seller they cared more about that than the money they were making in Japan. It didn't matter if they made a hundred times the money the made internationally in Japan. They wanted the international audience. because if they are watching Naruto then they may watch other anime. Those companies wanted the return of 2006 when all the world was watching anime. It didn't work. Instead, MHA did that instead so they abandon Naruto except for TV Tokyo because it their biggest seller.

Whenever you wonder why a company has supported a position, no matter how stupid, that answer is always this, "They were told that it would be profitable and it would open up new markets." 

Why did Disney support the sequel trilogy, because Kennedy promised that it would interest younger audiences and minorities and women which she convinced them would be worth more than the old fans.

Why did Sony not stop Neil Druckman's take over of Naughty Dog, because he convince them that he would make games that would make them more money like the Last of Us.

Why did HBO never put checks on D&D, because they were convince they were doing fine making them profits from the first four season so they didn't need to worry about the next four.

That's why they supports SP's nH over Kishimoto's NS. SP was promising them more money while kishi just wanted to end Naruto in other words to the companies "making less money from an done franchise." 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 November 2021 - 02:19 AM.

#29042 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:23 PM

Name a pro-NH sight and they mention Kishimoto red penning it. Anime News Network, CBR, and a few others. You can even find it on youtube about the movie.

Another interesting thing is though is they all say Kishimoto never touched the romance aspects of the movie.

Which means Kishimoto NEVER wrote NH and to me signify how it was never his intention.

Also watch this

Nice video James it was very accurate

#29043 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:44 PM

All I really remember is that people quoted the databook 2 Sasuke thing a ton as an argument for SS before the ending. However that "with the emotion called love" is new. It used to just be about Sakura filling his lonely existence or something. Though I think it had more to do with Sakura being one of the people who helped Sasuke not feel lonely anymore. 

I don't know about the "even" part. You'd need the RAWs and a non-bias translator to figure that out. 
I've never heard SS argue the 4th databook line of "Sakura being the last person he wanted to hurt". That's new to me and I used to be very involved with the Naruto pairing debates. Granted it was mostly against NH fans since SS was considered crack at the time.

But Sasuke not wanting to hurt Sakura isn't proof of love??? I think he always acknowledged her kindness and appreciated it, hence his 'thank you' after her confession in part 1. But from what I can see, databook 4 was after the end of the manga. So...it doesn't surprise me that they'd put pro-SS in it when it happened.
Last person he wanted to hurt though...pfft, maybe because she was the last person on his mind. And he was pretty quick and unhesitating in hurting her every time they met in part 2 outside of the War arc.

So, the whole 'look how much he DIDN'T hurt her as proof of love' trope is always gross. Same here.

And though Sasuke may have had a connection to her in the beginning — it's valid, Sakura was able to reach him and it was recognized by others around them — he shredded whatever connection he had to her when he left. 

If SS was to have happened and validated by the end, then there should have been a circling around to that connection in the end chapters. Sakura would have tried to reach him, and he would have relented. He would have reacted to her and her alone.

But nope. Instead, it was just more straight-up abuse from Sasuke!! 

It's crazy to me how many SS people just forget how toxic that ship is, and how many people now looooooooove Sakura when they were 'meh' before. It's becasue of SS, which like NH, simply doesn't exist in the manga.

#29044 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

So, the whole 'look how much he DIDN'T hurt her as proof of love' trope is always gross. Same here.

And though Sasuke may have had a connection to her in the beginning it's valid, Sakura was able to reach him and it was recognized by others around them he shredded whatever connection he had to her when he left. 

If SS was to have happened and validated by the end, then there should have been a circling around to that connection in the end chapters. Sakura would have tried to reach him, and he would have relented. He would have reacted to her and her alone.

It's crazy to me how many SS people just forget how toxic that ship is, and how many people now looooooooove Sakura when they were 'meh' before. It's becasue of SS, which like NH, simply doesn't exist in the manga.

Exactly, Tricksie, and if there was anyone who could have wanted someone over a rivalry, Id say itd be Sasuke since at times after Naruto bear Gaara and when he told Sakura Naruto had saved her that Sasuke felt jealous and that before he went further down Psycho Street after Itachi handed him his ass, he would have wanted to steal Sakura due to that inferiority-superiority complex of his.

#29045 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:18 PM

And though Sasuke may have had a connection to her in the beginning — it's valid, Sakura was able to reach him and it was recognized by others around them — he shredded whatever connection he had to her when he left. 

*SSer* But, but...Sasuke's just a tsundere!

2e5.gif

#29046 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:25 PM

Pretty much, man, pretty much! Without thinking of how a REAL tsundere acts!

#29047 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:27 PM

Id believe the latter more than the former given how Kishimoto was out of sorts due to his dad dying and how
he wanted to spend more time with his family

I am just getting tired of people using it to sell me on something and then when I watch it I am like "really? They approved them doing this to their work?"

Like, if Kishimoto actually red penned Naruto the Last, when Iruka asked the question "if the end of the world occurred who would you want to be with?" Wouldn't he have Naruto write down Sasuke's name or even given the time frame even Sakura's name? I doubt Naruto would just leave it blank and Sasuke would leave his blank too.

Not only is this scene WAAAY out of Kishimoto's style, but even if he did, he wouldn't write it this way and put so much focus on Hinata. It would not be his style. Sure, we know she would write Naruto's name, but to put so much emphasis on it is highly doubtful.

So when companies or people say that the author red penned it or "supervised" it, I highly doubt it means he was there for every step and highly critiqued every drawing. It would be more vague and him just going "Okay, here is a basic outline of the story. Fill in the blanks." This is why Dragonball Super is so inconsistent. Toriyama gives vague outlines and the rest fill in the blanks.

Either that or you have me questioning the author on whether they know what "continuity" means. I mean, I have seen authors go "I made a mistake and decide to retcon it later to fit better" and that is okay because at least the author admits it and openly says he had to change it cause it either didn't fit or he had a great idea, but when when you have them make mistakes because they "forget" things....I begin to doubt whether or not they actually put that much effort into "supervising" projects on their own story.

To me, it feels like author integrity has gone out the window.

Why do people here keep not understanding why the companies support this? How hard is this to figure this out? Naruto was an international seller they cared more about that than the money they were making in Japan. It didn't matter if they made a hundred times the money the made internationally in Japan. They wanted the international audience. because if they are watching Naruto then they may watch other anime. Those companies wanted the return of 2006 when all the world was watching anime. It didn't work. Instead, MHA did that instead so they abandon Naruto excpet for TV TOkyo because it their biggest seller

I understand why they did it. It is the same reason why here in America we cater to the Chinese market and love to heavily censor things for them. They make a far lot more money from China than they do anywhere else. Even in our own nation. It is why alot of Chinese company own American businesses especially in the sports industry. (Also explains why sports players never bad mouth China because they pay their paychecks.)

However, and this is what gets me. They did it because they THINK it will make them money. Okay, makes sense. However, when it doesn't....why do they double down and insist this is what they should do?

This isn't just Japan to America, this even America to itself. Look at all the Woke movies, video games, and more. They are catering to a crowd that demands representation...demands so much and they think they will make money from them, but....the group they cater to does NOT buy the stuff anyway. SJWs don't buy anime. SJWs don't buy video games. They are not into it. They only care about getting their way.

That's my biggest things. Why continue to double or even triple down on something that is LOSING you money? If they are true business people and care only about money, then they should be abandoning the concepts in droves and do something else or try to reboot the things and see if they can make more money....that's what gets me. They continue this idea that the garbage they are making is eventually going to make them money.

"Naruto the Last is so successful" Yeah, because you sold the movie under false pretenses and then refused to give money back when the people HATED it. Then you look at ACTUAL stuff that makes money and they are like "Yeah, it was pretty good, but we won't do it again."

There has to be some kind of self-awareness seeing how they advertise the opposite of what it actually is. This is why Hinata isn't on alot of Naruto adverts even though they claim she s the heroine and how she is the driving force of the story. It shows that their own personal bias trumps their greed for money.

That's why businesses are failing. Businesses people are greedy and corrupt, but they are predictable. It is all about making money and you manipulate that greed to get what you want if you are smart, but now these businesses people don't care about that anymore and we have businesses people willing to let their business burn and make people suffer than the greed of money. It is so weird and I can't believe how much politics have changed JUST so people can feel good about themselves or they can live their fetishes.

Now we have this idea that a 19 year old cartoon anime character ir pedophilic, but a movie about 11 years old wearing skimpy outfits and twerking in a TV MA rated movie on netflix is NOT pediphilia.

I am so confused.

I ask this question all the time to them:
If you think Sakura is so useless, so abusive, and such a bad person....why do you Sasuke to be with her so badly? That's when they backpedal on how bad Sakura is.

For the record, though, I have seen a lot of relationships like SS in real life and let me tell you....they are NOT condoned and accepted as true love. So why is god's name do they praise it in Naruto, but despise it in real life. If a guy strangled a girl in real life and said "I am doing this because I am expressing my love for you," people would be calling the police faster than you can say "domestic abuse."

Like, seriously, how can they say this is love? Especially how people push the idea of feminism and getting women to be independent from just the idea of who they are married to. It boggles my mind how they can't stand one thing or say how abusive something is, but then look at things like SS and say "oh yeah, that is true love. You have to understand HIM and where HE comes from."

So Sasuke abusing Sakura is him being a cute tsundere, but Sakura hitting Naruto in the same comical fashion is abuse...

God....just end this feeble existence.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 20 August 2020 - 05:28 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29048 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

Latest boruto chapter is out if anyone is curious though I doubt it

#29049 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

Latest boruto chapter is out if anyone is curious though I doubt it

God Damn it, give me a bit.

#29050 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

It's crazy to me how many SS people just forget how toxic that ship is, and how many people now looooooooove Sakura when they were 'meh' before. It's because of SS, which like NH, simply doesn't exist in the manga.

Its every dark dreamy bad boy that only they can see the good of and fix. I seem to recall you liking the sequel trilogy that was basically its selling point from the last jedi going into plan IX.

I am just getting tired of people using it to sell me on something and then when I watch it I am like "really? They approved them doing this to their work?"

Like, if Kishimoto actually red penned Naruto the Last, when Iruka asked the question "if the end of the world occurred who would you want to be with?" Wouldn't he have Naruto write down Sasuke's name or even given the time frame even Sakura's name? I doubt Naruto would just leave it blank and Sasuke would leave his blank too.

Not only is this scene WAAAY out of Kishimoto's style, but even if he did, he wouldn't write it this way and put so much focus on Hinata. It would not be his style. Sure, we know she would write Naruto's name, but to put so much emphasis on it is highly doubtful.

So when companies or people say that the author red penned it or "supervised" it, I highly doubt it means he was there for every step and highly critiqued every drawing. It would be more vague and him just going "Okay, here is a basic outline of the story. Fill in the blanks." This is why Dragonball Super is so inconsistent. Toriyama gives vague outlines and the rest fill in the blanks.

Either that or you have me questioning the author on whether they know what "continuity" means. I mean, I have seen authors go "I made a mistake and decide to retcon it later to fit better" and that is okay because at least the author admits it and openly says he had to change it cause it either didn't fit or he had a great idea, but when when you have them make mistakes because they "forget" things....I begin to doubt whether or not they actually put that much effort into "supervising" projects on their own story.

To me, it feels like author integrity has gone out the window.

I understand why they did it. It is the same reason why here in America we cater to the Chinese market and love to heavily censor things for them. They make a far lot more money from China than they do anywhere else. Even in our own nation. It is why alot of Chinese company own American businesses especially in the sports industry. (Also explains why sports players never bad mouth China because they pay their paychecks.)

However, and this is what gets me. They did it because they THINK it will make them money. Okay, makes sense. However, when it doesn't....why do they double down and insist this is what they should do?

This isn't just Japan to America, this even America to itself. Look at all the Woke movies, video games, and more. They are catering to a crowd that demands representation...demands so much and they think they will make money from them, but....the group they cater to does NOT buy the stuff anyway. SJWs don't buy anime. SJWs don't buy video games. They are not into it. They only care about getting their way.

That's my biggest things. Why continue to double or even triple down on something that is LOSING you money? If they are true business people and care only about money, then they should be abandoning the concepts in droves and do something else or try to reboot the things and see if they can make more money....that's what gets me. They continue this idea that the garbage they are making is eventually going to make them money.

"Naruto the Last is so successful" Yeah, because you sold the movie under false pretenses and then refused to give money back when the people HATED it. Then you look at ACTUAL stuff that makes money and they are like "Yeah, it was pretty good, but we won't do it again."

There has to be some kind of self-awareness seeing how they advertise the opposite of what it actually is. This is why Hinata isn't on alot of Naruto adverts even though they claim she s the heroine and how she is the driving force of the story. It shows that their own personal bias trumps their greed for money.

That's why businesses are failing. Businesses people are greedy and corrupt, but they are predictable. It is all about making money and you manipulate that greed to get what you want if you are smart, but now these businesses people don't care about that anymore and we have businesses people willing to let their business burn and make people suffer than the greed of money. It is so weird and I can't believe how much politics have changed JUST so people can feel good about themselves or they can live their fetishes.

Now we have this idea that a 19 year old cartoon anime character ir pedophilic, but a movie about 11 years old wearing skimpy outfits and twerking in a TV MA rated movie on netflix is NOT pediphilia.

I am so confused.

I ask this question all the time to them:
If you think Sakura is so useless, so abusive, and such a bad person....why do you Sasuke to be with her so badly? That's when they backpedal on how bad Sakura is.

For the record, though, I have seen a lot of relationships like SS in real life and let me tell you....they are NOT condoned and accepted as true love. So why is god's name do they praise it in Naruto, but despise it in real life. If a guy strangled a girl in real life and said "I am doing this because I am expressing my love for you," people would be calling the police faster than you can say "domestic abuse."

Like, seriously, how can they say this is love? Especially how people push the idea of feminism and getting women to be independent from just the idea of who they are married to. It boggles my mind how they can't stand one thing or say how abusive something is, but then look at things like SS and say "oh yeah, that is true love. You have to understand HIM and where HE comes from."

Toriyama does actually seem to be and wanting to be more involved but age was limiting it. Which is why he was doing the outlines and then leaving it to the manga and anime staff on how they go about it. Also remember the series did end if I recall correctly on his request. The manga still ongoing though. Also he is honestly a forgetful man as far as I know.

In theory, fans of the show should respect the creator and support them if they approve or disapprove of an adaptation and once they pass on see that any continuation of the franchise is upholding their wishes. This annoys companies and the adapters especially is the latter who often now a days wants to "modernize" it. So, they make them sign contracts to give them limited consultant power and a nice paycheck as long as they shut up and approve anything they do. Or don't get cut out lose the consultant power, the money, and still have fans complaining.

So, kishimoto look at the script made marks of he wanted removed or change. They took those "under advisement."

Companies double down on things because they believe backing out will lose them the customers that are supporting them without getting the customers they lost before hand back. Also, the adapters don't want to admit they were wrong and they should have followed what the creator wanted more closely.

Because again the Japanese companies knew that NS was popular in Japan. They didn't care about the Japanese market for Naruto. They wanted that International money. They were told the international customer wanted nH. But they still didn't want to lose money when it came out in Japan because that weakening their bargaining power when they are licensing out for localization. So, sell the Last like it is the last horah of team 7 that will end with NS happening in Japan to get those pre-sale tickets. Then close shop and hop to make more money overseas.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 August 2020 - 02:34 AM.

#29051 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:24 AM

Because again the Japanese companies knew that NS was popular in Japan. They didn't care about the Japanese market for Naruto. They wanted that International money. They were told the international customer wanted nH. But they still didn't want to lose money when it came out in Japan because that weakening their bargaining power when they are licensing out for localization. So, sell the Last like it is the last horah of team 7 that will end with NS happening in Japan to get those pre-sale tickets. Then close shop and hop to make more money overseas.

The question is; are they making the money the thought they could?.
What I'm trying to say is if they were smart enough to go for the international money thinking Boruto would sell as good as Naruto did and keep beating One Piece why they haven't throw another Boruto's movie? it's been 5 years or so from Boruto started why there isn't a Boruto's game like the ones about Naruto's? Why all merchandise is about Naruto? Why did they put Boruto in V Jump? Is Boruto really beating One Piece, MHA or Black Clover or even Dr. Stone? Why Boruto isn't able to beat Kimetsu no Yaiba? I truly believe Naruto easily would do it without effort
Boruto doesn't even appears in top 20 MAL's list anime. Boruto just appears in crunchiroll list and this one is entirely for otaku's community, so they are putting their focus just in a small market still are losing occasionally's fans and a lots of just Naruto's
I'm waiting for Oricon's sell charts and will see if they'll continue to push it to try to make some profit.
I really don't understand Pierrot's strategy. Boruto isn't capable of compete against MHA, Dr. Stone, Kimetsu No Yaiba and other shonen in his demographic so why don't they try to bring back the old fandom?

Edited by ree, 21 August 2020 - 05:50 AM.

#29052 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:52 AM

The question is; are they making the money the thought they could make?.
What I'm trying to say is if they were smart enough to go for the international money thinking Boruto would sell as good as Naruto did and keep beating One Piece why they haven't throw another Boruto's movie? it's been 5 years or so from Boruto started why there isn't a Boruto's game like the ones about Naruto's? Why all merchandise is about Naruto? Why did they put Boruto to V Jump? Is Boruto really beating One Piece, MHA or Black Clover or even Dr. Stone? Why Boruto isn't able to beat Kimetsu no Yaiba? I truly believe Naruto easily would do it without effort
Boruto doesn't even appears in top 20 MAL's list anime. I'm waiting for Oricon's sell charts and see if they will continue to push it to try to make some profit

The question is; are they making the money the thought they could make? No.

What I'm trying to say is if they were smart enough to go for the international money thinking Boruto would sell as good as Naruto did and keep beating One Piece why they haven't throw another Boruto's movie? Again, they were sold that just making nH the final pairing would make them millions if not billions across the world. This may have also led to a revitalization of interest in anime which means more shows would get views like Naruto once did which means even more money. Then the backlash. It doesn't happen and they make far less than they were promise and much less if they just suck with NS. And the Revitalization happened despite Naruto isn't of because.

it's been 5 years or so from Boruto started why there isn't a Boruto's game like the ones about Naruto's? Because Boruto isn't that profitable to waste money on it. While they still make money some off of continuing the anime and licensing it out to other countries it not making enough money to justify anything else other then just continuing the anime. NO movie. NO games other then cheap mobile games.

Why all merchandise is about Naruto? Because its what people really want and Boruto isn't popular or appealing to the customers. Look at the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

Why did they put Boruto to V Jump? Required to or fill out roster. They put all the other action protagonist them not putting him in would just seem like a clear slight.

Is Boruto really beating One Piece, MHA or Black Clover or even Dr. Stone? No. It been beaten by all of them. one Piece always in Japan and getting a bit of interest in the rest of the world now. Black Clover and MHA are Naruto true replacement. And Dr.Stoneis over isn't it and did well for what it was.

Why Boruto isn't able to beat Kimetsu no Yaiba? Because its a good story. Its even surpassed One Piece.

I truly believe Naruto easily would do it without effort. Doubtful, Naruto was lucky it came out when it did. All it competition ended or had bad luck spreading internationally. The modern anime due to streaming don't have that problem. Part one would have been fine part two would have felt a decline especially after the Pein arc.

Boruto doesn't even appears in top 20 MAL's list anime. I'm waiting for Oricon's sell charts and see if they will continue to push it to try to make some profit. Because it not a big manga or anime it lives on because 23 countries are buying the license to distribute it in their own countries because of the legacy of Naruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 August 2020 - 07:07 AM.

#29053 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:14 PM

Honestly if they really thought NH would be better internationally, but knew that NS was better regarded back in Japan they should of just done two endings. One for the West/America in which they could have NH one for Japan in which NS happened, so they don't upset their main market. Heck maybe just make the last an alternative ending instead of the final chapter to explain the ending.

#29054 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:52 PM

Honestly if they really thought NH would be better internationally, but knew that NS was better regarded back in Japan they should of just done two endings. One for the West/America in which they could have NH one for Japan in which NS happened, so they don't upset their main market. Heck maybe just make the last an alternative ending instead of the final chapter to explain the ending.

Nope, that will be confusing as hell. To have a mangaka draw two different endings based on pairings is not only will be confusing to all audiences (if, for example, the Japanese fans saw the international version with this situation and vice versa for an American seeing the Japanese version, debates galore!) but it would be a stupid marketing move. It has to be one or the other, otherwise the franchise would have a bigger backlash, because someone can't decide who Naruto ends up with, and it's not a romance/harem genre.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29055 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 04:20 PM

Nope, that will be confusing as hell. To have a mangaka draw two different endings based on pairings is not only will be confusing to all audiences (if, for example, the Japanese fans saw the international version with this situation and vice versa for an American seeing the Japanese version, debates galore!) but it would be a stupid marketing move. It has to be one or the other, otherwise the franchise would have a bigger backlash, because someone can't decide who Naruto ends up with, and it's not a romance/harem genre.

Yeah, no kidding, Derock. They should have stuck to what the story had shown instead, and then there wouldn't be this nightmare Naruto has become. We were unaware of some of the glaring issues at the time of the series running, BUT once it ended, we started to see it, and how it led to its falling on the Sword of Damocles if you will.

#29056 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:02 PM

So you want the Japanese ending of the manga to been NS and the localization for the West to be nH? Or is this a manga/anime split?

If they had did that then that means the NS ending would have come out first. We know, the nH fans knows, and the companies over in Japan knew that Western fans were pirating to read the manga before it came out in the West. If they done that they would have lost those fan before they could implement their plan.

Pretty much. Anyways, arguments for NS being the true ending since it was the Japanese one would give the nH fans a conniption and make them at the very least leave the fandom and stop buying Naruto products.

It was NS all the way or nH all the way.

Let me make this clear. The reason why the Japanese sales are important. The companies didn't think they were and that they thought they would get more money internationally. As the movies shows that not the case. Most of the money they are making beyond just licensing it out are still from Japan. So at the end of the day their scheme was pointless and lost them money and their stuck with this franchise on life support. But they didn't think that would happen. 

They didn't think what happened would be the case. They thought the international fans would buy more, they didn't. People guess wrong sometimes. Hindsight is Twenty-Twenty.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 August 2020 - 10:14 PM.

#29057 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 10:20 PM

Ok that was a bad idea, besides I'd probably be annoyed of never getting the NS version anyway.

By the way has Studio Perriot ever deny hatting Sakura?

#29058 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:30 PM

Eh, whether they denied hating Sakura or not is irrelevant. The main point of all of this is the bias they had towards Hinata, Many male members on the team that was animating Naruto fell in love with her so much they even cameoed her in the very first episode. So imagine their delight when they heard that Hinata had SOOOOO many adoring fans in the west that want her to be with Naruto/their self insert just like them. There was apparently so much positive remarks to NaruHina that they were convinced that NH happening is what would make them the big bucks over seas. Little did they anticipate that many of these same vocal Hinata lovers are pirating thier content for free without spending a penny.  that was the biggest mistake that they made. It never occured to them that so many of these vocal fans that are ranting and raving about how perfect NaruHina are as a couple, are not the ones investing their time or money in the story. It has been clear to me for some time now that NH cultists don't read the story or at least don't even comprehend the story they are given, not to mention are not putting the finacial support into it. yet SP saw fit to cater to them. Again, you reap what you sow I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 September 2020 - 03:56 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29059 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:23 AM

Eh, whether they denied hating Sakura or not is irrelevant. The main point of all of this is the bias they had towards Hinata, Many male members on the team that was animating Naruto fell in love with her; so, much they even cameo-ed her in the very first episode. So, imagine their delight when they heard that Hinata had SOOOOO many adoring fans in the west that want her to be with Naruto/their self insert just like them. There was apparently so much positive remarks to NaruHina that they were convinced that NH happening is what would make them the big bucks over seas. Little did they anticipate that many of these same vocal Hinata lovers are pirating their content for free without spending a penny. That was the biggest mistake that they made. It never occurred to them that so many of these vocal fans that are ranting and raving about how perfect NaruHina are as a couple, are not the ones investing their time or money in the story. It has been clear to me for some time now that NH cultists don't read the story or at least don't even comprehend the story they are given, Yet SP saw fit to cater to them. Again, you reap what you sow I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much. But. Oh they read online as soon as a chapter was available but only because they wanted to be up to date on any development. However, their bias was so strong that they were obsessed with any nH development and quickly hostile to anything they saw that was developing Sakura instead quickly sending letters to put a stop to it.

The thing is that nH only happen at the last minute and other then the last and the filler episodes they made after the fact to justify it. There is not much to the nH romance to watch. So see it once online, so, why buy it? To re-watch it? Then Boruto barely focuses on nH at all and instead goes through NS 2.0 with Naruto and Sakura's kids. Why would they be interested in that?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 November 2021 - 02:13 AM.

#29060 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:27 PM

It also wouldn't solve any problems. It'd just shift the battlefield to what was cannon, which is a question that a sequel would be required to answer. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users