3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:45 AM

That moment you realize Boruto made twice as much as Road to Ninja and even the Last did better despite its piss poor reception and supposedly flopping

hehhehe.jpg

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

@dexter
The last and burito movie is not financially flop in japan.

Edited by rocci, 03 December 2015 - 12:49 AM.

#24 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:50 AM

That moment you realize Boruto made twice as much as Road to Ninja and even the Last did better despite its piss poor reception and supposedly flopping

hehhehe.jpg

should have photo shopped Lois holding a Burrito dvd :hehehe:

@dexter

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: How can the franchise be put to rest now??? :smashy:

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2015 - 01:51 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

@phantom
The franchise will not dead. It's still popular.

#26 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

hehhehe.jpg

Well internationally, RTN dominates both the films.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#27 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

thematically, and in story and characterization too. not to mention no filler character was added in it. and it doesnt even have the best animation for a movie either. just goes to show.

#28 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

@dexter

That is most certainly not true.....The last only barely reached the absolute minimum of the BO it needed. It would need to make more to be considered a success...yes it was most certainly a flop

@phantom
The franchise will not dead. It's still popular.

60% decline in sales in Japan....its making even less money here now (only 1/10th of what it used to make theater wise)

kitten out of here with that negative nancy kitten.

Edited by Dexter, 03 December 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#29 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

@dexter
So that mean Rtn is a flop too?

The manga sell is do good.

#30 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

@dexter
So that mean Rtn is a flop too?

The manga sell is do good.

wrong again buttercup. Gaiden dropped down to below the Top 50 by teh 3rd chapter. The final volume was among the lowest sales results the series ever had.

#31 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

wrong again buttercup. Gaiden dropped down to below the Top 50 by teh 3rd chapter. The final volume was among the lowest sales results the series ever had.

Gaiden is a spinoff who sell a million copy. It's not a failure.
What's this top 50?

Final volume isn't a failure. Just because it doesn't sell for two million doesn't make it failed in the selling department.

Edited by rocci, 03 December 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#32 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

Gaiden is a spinoff who sell a million copy. It's not a failure.
What's this top 50?

Final volume isn't a failure. Just because it doesn't sell for two million doesn't make it failed in the selling department.

That's pretty bad by Naruto standards. And Top 50 is the selling manga at the time....

yes they are both major failures.

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

That's pretty bad by Naruto standards. And Top 50 is the selling manga at the time....

yes they are both major failures.

Bad is when naruto final volume sell only 500 thousand. That's bad, really bad. And it will be worst if it only sell for 200 thousand, that's total failure. But it doesn't happen in reality.

I think I know where you got that top 50. She's wrong.
Individual chapter doesn't sell. Only the volume count and it's sell for a million.
Oh and gaiden doesn't get ranking in the wsj because it's a spinoff.

#34 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

Bad is when naruto final volume sell only 500 thousand. That's bad, really bad. And it will be worst if it only sell for 200 thousand, that's total failure. But it doesn't happen in reality.

I think I know where you got that top 50. She's wrong.
Individual chapter doesn't sell. Only the volume count and it's sell for a million.
Oh and gaiden doesn't get ranking in the wsj because it's a spinoff.

Clearly you don't know how sales work

and no it was for the Gaiden. It does get a ranking for the volume because it's part of wsj

#35 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:20 PM

Clearly you don't know how sales work

and no it was for the Gaiden. It does get a ranking for the volume because it's part of wsj

Doesn't make naruto manga sell bad or the like of ft, bleach, and any manga who "only" sell less than 1 million a flop.

No, it doesn't. Wsj doesn't have 50 manga serialize at the same time in the weekly shonen jump magazine.
Individual chapter doesn't get ranking. That's why I ask you what is this top 50.
What I know is naruto doesn't make in top 50 manga sell after three week if I'm not mistaken.

#36 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Doesn't make naruto manga sell bad or the like of ft, bleach, and any manga who "only" sell less than 1 million a flop.

No, it doesn't. Wsj doesn't have 50 manga serialize at the same time in the weekly shonen jump magazine.
Individual chapter doesn't get ranking. That's why I ask you what is this top 50.
What I know is naruto doesn't make in top 50 manga sell after three week if I'm not mistaken.

For the final volume....that's really, really bad especially for a series as popular as Naruto...

Again you'd be wrong. Sales have decreased dramatically by the third week and hate to say it but there really is nothing you can do about it. I could've sworn we've been over this the past couple of years rocci but until someone with credit brings a decent argument (ie anyone but you) then it would be worth bringing up until then at the very least its atleast adorable you think your misguided and incorrect "facts" are worth more than a urine stain on the floor of a 7/11

#37 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

@dexter
It may not live to the expectation, but I will not call it bad in term of volume sales.

Gaiden indeed get decline in the third week to the point it doesn't make in top 5. But it's not a bad thing when a spin off about who's the mother sell for a million or 800 thousand for three weeks. It show that naruto is still popular enough to make a spin off sell.

Now if you said third week instead of third chapter, I can agree with that.
I'm sorry if I have bad argument since English isn't my first languange and I don't really like debate.

Edited by rocci, 03 December 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#38 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

@dexter
It may not live to the expectation, but I will call it bad in term of volume sales.

Gaiden indeed get decline in the third week to the point it doesn't make in top 5. But it's not a bad thing when a spin off about who's the mother sell for a million or 800 thousand for three weeks. It show that naruto is still popular enough to make a spin off sell.

Now if you said third week instead of third chapter, I can agree with that.
I'm sorry if I have bad argument since English isn't my first languange and I don't really like debate.

OMG-Facepalm-GIF.gif?gs=a

No you see it's actually really really bad. A series as popular as NAruto and the final volume should be the highest selling point a series should ever have...here its among its worst and had it lose most of its fanbase

third chapter=third week. Also it was because of the mother situation that it even sold at all. People were hopeful for the pairings to be different only for Kishi to say that Salad is a test tube baby. Saying NAruto is supremely popular among fans when movie sales are less than 1/10th here than they were before is completely retarded. 

#39 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Rocci, when you factor in the R & D, in example paying Salaries of the staff to paying for the printers to print the novels

50K to 80k Salaries to pay the staff, which is about 300 hundred people. 15 million

Cost of Animation: 14 million based on the quality of the Last and Buroto movies

Printing and other expenses probably a million yen to 2 million yen exporting things outside and inside cost money.

Advertising: 2 million yen

Let's say about, 1 million dollars in royalties and it will depend on the contract Kishimoto has with SJ.

I would say about 39 million in retrospect and 659,000 is not breaking even.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#40 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:53 PM

@rocci Let me tell you something. I know you want to say Naruto is still popular (and that's true on some degree) and it's profitable. But the truth is it's not really. Neither you or I know exactly how much they actually spend on making the movies, the manga, ads, paying everyone who worked, paying Kishi, etc. since they haven't told us that information.

However that being said you seem focused on those numbers that were given to us and keep saying that it's profitable and popular.

Well it's not. While we can't say 100% how big their budget for everything was, we can safely assume how profitable it really was due to us knowing how that industry works based on other information.

Let me give you an example. In America the minimum amount of money allocated by a studio for advertising a movie is around 15 million dollars. With some movies going up to 100 and with each year it's going up. You can believe me or not I don't really care, you have the internet at your fingertips and you can find out how everything works by yourself.

Now since Naruto is an anime, I'm going to be very generous here and say that for the burrito movie the studio payed just 2 million just for ads. And that includes all forms of ads. TV commercials, cinema commercials, radio, posters, internet everything just in America.

How much did the burrito movie made? Around 700000, right? Well that's not even half of what they payed for the ads (and that's with me being very generous and saying they just spend 2 million).

When you factor in that combined with everything else (like the salaries, the royalties, the animation cost, etc) you're going to realize that it's not as profitable as you say it is or as they say it is. You have to learn to ignore the sensational titles given to articles these days like "Due to its success the burrito movie is coming back", you have to learn to ignore that and learn how much these things cost in order to produce them and how much they made. Basically you have to look at the numbers and think about them. Not just look at high numbers and say "Yes it's a success".

The taco movie is not coming back because it was a success, it's coming back because it was a failure at the box office.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users