• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#41 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (manny123 @ Jun 14 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree but they better step it up or how will they fair against teams like Brazil or Argentina.

Imagine USA world cup victors biggrin.gif

Not happening anytime soon, right now just baby steps. The only way the US is going to become a serious contender any faster is if they can get more kids to play soccer as opposed to the four major sports football basketball baseball and hockey.

The defense did better i felt after the first goal was scored. The pressure I think was off once england scored. In the second half onyewu and others made some excellent tackles in the box. And we should handle algeria and slovenia, though we just cant expect them to lie down for us. And howard looks like hes been cleared thank god.
\

#42 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Oh, come on! How can you Americans be proud of scoring a gol like that? Pfft and England... Wow... That was probably one of the worst accidents i've seen.

Yay tomorrow there's Brazil vs. North Korea. I wonder who'll win.

Now... I won't be angry if Brazil loses, the team that can't win is Italy or US. Otherwise Italy will be just as good as us, and we won't be able to be proud of soccer, and as for the US... It'd just be embarassing.
We've won then once, hopefully we'll win again.

#43 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jun 14 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, come on! How can you Americans be proud of scoring a gol like that? Pfft and England... Wow... That was probably one of the worst accidents i've seen.

u just mad. Dempsey did strike it pretty well.

And considering that England was spouting about crushing the US we are pretty proud actually. For the most part internationally football fans have given credit to the US for the match, becuase it was mostly the english acting disrespectful which is usually labeled on americans. Good to see the worlds view changing a bit.

Anddddd 1-1 draw between Italia and Paraguay. Paraguay did very well, I thought they deserved to win but credit Italy for coming out aggressive the second half.

Edited by Mik3, 14 June 2010 - 08:26 PM.

\

#44 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jun 14 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yay tomorrow there's Brazil vs. North Korea. I wonder who'll win.

Now... I won't be angry if Brazil loses, the team that can't win is Italy or US. Otherwise Italy will be just as good as us, and we won't be able to be proud of soccer, and as for the US... It'd just be embarassing.
We've won then once, hopefully we'll win again.
No one's PROUD of it, as in "Wow Dempsey hit a beautiful ball." But you take it. Just like Slovenia shouldn't have beaten Algeria except for shoddy goaltending. Oh, and the "Hand of God." Yeah. But Green did make a lovely save on Altidore's shot.

I am proud of Tim Howard. He and Altidore were some of the few bright spots for the US.

*It still doesn't hold a candle to the own goal the Colombian defender Escobar had against the US back in '94. He was shot dead a month later, and most believe it's due to the own goal and all the gambling losses it caused amongst the drug cartels.

EDUT: I'd feel a bit worse for England, but...

Edited by Jwolf0, 15 June 2010 - 12:52 AM.

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#45 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anddddd 1-1 draw between Italia and Paraguay. Paraguay did very well, I thought they deserved to win but credit Italy for coming out aggressive the second half.

I watched that game, Italy dominated it, unfortuanately they couldn't convert on the numerous chances they had. The stats say it all. Out of the 8 shots Paraguay had, only 1 was on target, which was the goal they scored. With that said, that goal from Alcaraz was great, I can't deny that.

Oh well, Italy always starts off slow in the world cup, and while I was born in Australia, I've been following Italy longer since my parents are Italian, so hopefully they will ramp it up and go back to back biggrin.gif

#46 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

I think the Spain vs. Switzerland match is tomorrow! wow.png SPAIN FTW! I'm not gonna lose it! *Bring a beer please heheelq7.png kidding*

#47 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

Woot!!!!! Brazil won against North Korea!!!!!

I can't wait to watch Brazil vs Portugal

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jun 15 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woot!!!!! Brazil won against North Korea!!!!!

NK managed to score one goal. I LOL'D.

#49 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

South Africa just lost! can't wait for tomorrow's game: Greece vs Nigeria. Hope we will do our very best!

#50 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 16 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NK managed to score one goal. I LOL'D.

Hey, BEST Korea was awesome against Brazil. Now them and their families won't be shot.

#51 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

Why Spain #1 if no world cup

Edited by Mik3, 17 June 2010 - 01:48 AM.

\

#52 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

I was hoping they would abandon these things. argh1.png

#53 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

actually the vuvuzelas are growing on me. Idek it feels like if i watch a game now, without those zombie killer bee mating calls, it wouldn't be the same and i'd be somewhat sad. D:

Stupid sexy vuvuzelas!

#54 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

GREECE VS NIGERIA
2-1

YEAH~~~~~~~~~~~!! VI-CTO-RY~~!

Now Argentina is gonna beat us XD

#55 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#56 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

Just watched Germany/Serbia. That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a long time. So many Yellow cards in the first half, and while most of those fouls probably can be called Yellow cards, it is very rare for Referees to be that harsh on the players, especially with the tackle from behind rule. Klose got screwed over with that. Oddly enough, that wasn't the worst thing in that game, the worst thing about the officiating from that game was the inconsistency. In the first half, cards were getting called for everything, then in the second half, lots of similar tackles that were booked in first half rarely got booked at all.

Oh well, with that said, Podolski had a terrible shot when he took that penalty, and overall, the germans played very poorly, bad passing all game, and they kept wasting their chances near/in the box. Anyway, I'm sure they will get back on their feet next game and still make it through to second round.

#57 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 18 2010, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GREECE VS NIGERIA
2-1

YEAH~~~~~~~~~~~!! VI-CTO-RY~~!

Now Argentina is gonna beat us XD

horrible red card though, you got handed the game. And Argentina might actually help you out.

And The US just got robbed. their was no offsides and if anything slovenia fouled us. This is one of the reasons soccer isnt big in the US, horrible officiating.
\

#58 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

It's a "yeah, but" tie. The US did well to get that tie, it was hard fought.

Yeah, but...

-Once again they give up an early goal. Howard got caught leaning the wrong way on that shot.
-Bradley gets bearhugged leading to that bad offsides call.

Slovenia can't be happy with all the yellow cards they picked up either. Go Algeria, I guess.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#59 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 18 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
horrible red card though, you got handed the game. And Argentina might actually help you out.

Hm, many ppl say that we won bcz of that red card. I don't really think so. I believe we "woke up" after the first goal; the best way to make our team win is to make the players furious. And that goal did so... =]

You think so? Argentina is a really tough nut to crack... If I am not being mistaken, we need a draw to go on. I DO hope we will make it!
GO GREECE~!

#60 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 18 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And The US just got robbed. their was no offsides and if anything slovenia fouled us. This is one of the reasons soccer isnt big in the US, horrible officiating.

Man that kitten looked more like a foul on Slovenia's part then the US. Lame ref was a yank hater tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users