#21 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

He played for seven years in the Brazilian league. Seven years in football years is a lot.

I honestly don't see your criticism. Actually you should really see it as an advantage. Dunga has played in Brazilian , Italian, German and Japanese clubs. He has more experience then people like Messi, who's been playing in Barcelona for almost 5 years. And Messi is considered to be one of the best at such a young age.

#22 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

WORLD CUP FOOOOOOOOLLLLSSSSSS!!! That right it has begun. Seing as we already have the official World Cup thread here, lets get it on.

Oh, btw, Brit's prepare your anus, for US is gonna make your sphincters tight.

#23 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

I take it back. Brazil won't win. This year's team sucks to no end. *sigh* there goes one of the few qualities Brazil can be praised for...

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 11 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WORLD CUP FOOOOOOOOLLLLSSSSSS!!! That right it has begun. Seing as we already have the official World Cup thread here, lets get it on.

Oh, btw, Brit's prepare your anus, for US is gonna make your sphincters tight.

Nope, Rooney and co. will be tearing your defence a new one. =D

I'm thinking England 3 - USA 1. wink.gif

South Africa's opening game was entertaining to watch, lots of end-to-end play. It was a shame that Bafana-Bafana so narrowly missed out on a win, I groaned when the ball bounced off the post! The Mexicans did some great attacking football as well. By contrast, France vs. Uruguay was rather dull and I found the French substitions bizarre. It's a bit of a shame that the French had all that huge talent but they couldn't make it count.

Changing the thread title to make it the official WC thread. happy.gif

#25 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

I missed the opener game. Time differences and all, but I'm still LOL-ing @ NK being shoved with Brazil.

#26 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

bleh, crappy luck having to verse Germany in our first game. The Aussies are gonna find it hard to make it out of our group.

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Jun 12 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bleh, crappy luck having to verse Germany in our first game. The Aussies are gonna find it hard to make it out of our group.

Have faith, Rickles. Sometimes the teams that get chosen as the underdogs make it by a large streak. Heck, I was sure South Korea was gonna lose today against Greece.

Surprise, surprise. 2-0 for South Korea. I gotta admit, Park Ji Sung did a nice shot in the 2nd half, and their goalie? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... nice block to ensure their win in the last crucial minutes.

#28 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

US just needs to play like they did against Spain and we'll have this smile.gif
BLACK AND WHITE

#29 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Bad luck. Greece lost to South Korea but I am pretty sure we could have won. Hope we will make it next time!

#30 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 13 2010, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have faith, Rickles. Sometimes the teams that get chosen as the underdogs make it by a large streak. Heck, I was sure South Korea was gonna lose today against Greece.

Surprise, surprise. 2-0 for South Korea. I gotta admit, Park Ji Sung did a nice shot in the 2nd half, and their goalie? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... nice block to ensure their win in the last crucial minutes.

Big big difference between those 2 games. South Korea should not have been written off so easily, they are quite a good team. Anyway, I'll still be up at 4:30AM supporting the Aussies biggrin.gif

#31 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

We mightve just witnessed the most exciting match of the first round. Though generally speaking theres a lot of americans who probably will be turned off by a draw.

Howard saved our Asses more time than I can count. And green well, that happens. Dempsey did make an excellent strike though. I imagine how dissatisfied the English side is as well because 3-0 predictions kept flying out there. Hopefully some respect gained for the US. England did control possession in the second half though. We had like two legit scoring chances, Jozy was this close to scoring. Hes got incredible potential.

Im cool with my Ausbros so Ill cheer on the socceroos later

Edited by Mik3, 12 June 2010 - 08:51 PM.

\

#32 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

Oh, that was such a BAD screwup Green (England's keeper) had. The British press are gonna HOWL for his head.

I honestly think the US couldn't ask for much more than that result, all things considered.

Edited by Jwolf0, 12 June 2010 - 10:09 PM.

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

My parents have always watched the World Cup but this is my first year of really paying attention. Entertained so far, really liked the USA vs England game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 12 2010, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, Rooney and co. will be tearing your defence a new one. =D

I'm thinking England 3 - USA 1. wink.gif

South Africa's opening game was entertaining to watch, lots of end-to-end play. It was a shame that Bafana-Bafana so narrowly missed out on a win, I groaned when the ball bounced off the post! The Mexicans did some great attacking football as well. By contrast, France vs. Uruguay was rather dull and I found the French substitions bizarre. It's a bit of a shame that the French had all that huge talent but they couldn't make it count.

Changing the thread title to make it the official WC thread. happy.gif

lol, u mad?

#35 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 12 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, u mad?

lol love those things, u got the mest ball by any chance?
\

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Lol at the drawing. laugh.gif It's nice seeing the U.S. draw with the U.K.

#37 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

Wow, I expected a loss, I even predicted a 4-0 loss if we didnt play well... but still kind of a shock to see us lose this bad.

With Tim Cahill missing next match thanks to that red card, I doubt Australia will qualify for second round now. It was always going to be a tough task even with him. Oh well, hopefully we get lucky and beat Ghana and Serbia.

#38 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Japan vs Cameroon
1-0
Yay! Victory for japan!

#39 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 12 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We mightve just witnessed the most exciting match of the first round. Though generally speaking theres a lot of americans who probably will be turned off by a draw.

Howard saved our Asses more time than I can count. And green well, that happens. Dempsey did make an excellent strike though. I imagine how dissatisfied the English side is as well because 3-0 predictions kept flying out there. Hopefully some respect gained for the US. England did control possession in the second half though. We had like two legit scoring chances, Jozy was this close to scoring. Hes got incredible potential.

Im cool with my Ausbros so Ill cheer on the socceroos later

I agree but they better step it up or how will they fair against teams like Brazil or Argentina.

Imagine USA world cup victors biggrin.gif

#40 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

The US will need better play from their defense though. They were shaky and not communicating as well as you'd like. They need to bury Slovenia and Algeria, but I think they can do it - the Slovenia-Algeria game was horrible to watch.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users