True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Sep 5 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't True Blood similar this garbage Twilight?

No it is not. The TrueBlood novels--The Sookie Stackhouse series--was published in 2001 while Twilight was 2005. Twilight is written for young teenage girls while the TrueBlood series is for middle aged women.

However the t.v. series is vastly different from the novel as the creator Alan Ball just uses the characters + setting but has a different story. It appeals to mostly the 20-30 year old demographic and a lot of people on my campus view it. It's one of my favorite television shows.

#42 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (True @ Sep 5 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't help...

Well then WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! shamefulcry0js.gif
I'm being ganged up on here... shamefulcry0js.gif

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 5 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well then WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! shamefulcry0js.gif
I'm being ganged up on here... shamefulcry0js.gif

Sorry, but I think you should change the threads name again. To something, less bashy.

#44 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

There you go, fixed your thread.

#45 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (True @ Sep 5 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There you go, fixed your thread.

Thanks, True... That's a lot better...

Sigh...

I'll have to get my name changed after this sweatdrop.gif

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

Seems somewhat sarcastic, True! heheelq7.png

#47 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

Oh, and Fruity I was not copying your words. I just couldn't find the right words that I wanted to say. So, I USED romanticized I am sorry xD.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 September 2009 - 11:58 PM.

#48 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 5 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif
Lol, I tried to keep it professional, but apparently it would have been closed because every one was just bashing. So, here it is, the Twilight Bash thread.

facepalm.png

Please go and read our forum rules. No form of bashing is allowed here.

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 5 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um. I wasn't copying anyone words. One of them, I forgot to put in quotes tags. The other I said that myself, because I couldn't think of other words to describe it.

You were. And you've done it in many different threads. You've had other people see and ask you to stop doing it. If you want to continue this discussion you can PM me about it, as it's off-topic here.

#49 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

No harm done, Ryrinea, no harm done...

Wow. Three pages in fifteen minutes, all arguements over the name and content of a pointless thread about Twilight.

You've hit rock bottom, Fruity.

sleep.gif

#50 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 5 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No harm done, Ryrinea, no harm done...

Wow. Three pages in fifteen minutes, all arguements over the name and content of a pointless thread about Twilight.

You've hit rock bottom, Fruity.

sleep.gif

Thanks,

#51 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:05 AM

facepalm.png
Well, the egg's on my face. Sorry, Sakura. Everyone.

I'll be quiet now : *

#52 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 5 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
facepalm.png
Well, the egg's on my face. Sorry, Sakura. Everyone.

I'll be quiet now : *

It's no prob, and you don't have to 'be quiet' tongue.gif

You just picked a very...volatile...topic to create XD

Better luck next thread a_thumbs.gif

#53 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

I can say something good about the series. It has gotten kids to read again. Even thought, it might not be the best book out their for kids to read.

#54 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:17 AM

I personally don't care for Twilight much, but I know that a lot of others do including my own mother, sister, and cousin, and to be honest, it does not really bother me at all. I may not like the series much but I would never bash it, and I don't think others should either. Just think of the golden rule, treat others the way you want to be treated. I mean I don't think we NaruSaku fans like seeing our pairings being bashed right? And I don't think Twilight fans like their stuff getting bashed either. So I think if even if we don't like something, we should just walk away and let the people who like it enjoy it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#55 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Sep 5 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally don't care for Twilight much, but I know that a lot of others do including my own mother, sister, and cousin, and to be honest, it does not really bother me at all. I may not like the series much but I would never bash it, and I don't think others should either. Just think of the golden rule, treat others the way you want to be treated. I mean I don't think we NaruSaku fans like seeing our pairings being bashed right? And I don't think Twilight fans like their stuff getting bashed either. So I think if even if we don't like something, we should just walk away and let the people who like it enjoy it.

Ah, this statement that really isn't an argument but only a false statement of people not understanding why an Anti-Twilighter makes their work. Besides the fact that they are generally made because people enjoy it, find it funny, and also ask for said things to be made they are also made as a way to reach out to people. Much like how the Daily Show or the Colbert Report often bashes things for laughs, so too does the Anti-Twilighter. It is done merely for fun and often does not create negativity. Indeed most of the responses from people are often people laughing, joking, and connecting. Much like one would at a club. However, it is also a right to express yourself. Twilighters make (often bad) fan pieces, as they are allowed to express themselves. So too, is the Anti-Twilighter allowed to express themselves. Though, it becomes apparent that the Twilighters believes anyone with a negative opinion should keep it to themselves. However, when other negative things are made they are generally left alone by the masses until bothered by the fans. Such, is the circle of life. Most Anti-Twilighters do not go and spam the work of Twilighters though a good portion of Twilighters do end up harassing the pages of Anti-Twilighters. Either, way people are allowed to express themselves, regardless of what people believe. As long as it is within TOS then it's all good.

Twilight Arguments by Pesnicketese

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 September 2009 - 03:04 AM.

#56 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

RY, PLEASE CITE YOUR POSTS. IT IS STEALING IF YOU JUST COPY AND PASTE YOUR POST FROM ANOTHER SOURCE WITHOUT CREDITING THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR!!!!!

WE CAN NOT TELL YOU THIS ENOUGH!

Twilight Arguments by Pesnicketese

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#57 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

#58 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:30 AM

Lmao Cloud, you're hilarious heheelq7.png

(Btw, can you tell me how to do print screen? I seem to have forgotten sweatdrop.gif)

#59 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:38 AM

Rolls Eyes, it is so hard to think I FORGOT to cite were I got it from. Sorry, I am usually good at citing my stuff.

Oh and Fruity, I think you press prtscn button and then copy it to your Photo shop or what ever ectt....

#60 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:49 AM

The trailers I watched looked boring enough, but after hearing about the glittering vampires I knew I should stay away from this film.

Then of course every review i've read after(good and bad, hater&lovers) just cemented my distaste for the series. Perhaps i'll give it a fair chance some random day.... or maybe not. biggrin.gif

Edited by Freakazoid, 07 September 2009 - 02:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users