Info 2

sad.gif

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

I think these news sounds worse on paper than it will be in reality. To be perfectly honest, I don't expect anything to change. If anything, Disney's massive bank accounts will be a good influence on the company, and we might even see even more Marvel movies. Disney is a family oriented company, and most families has people over 18 in them, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more dark Marvel films, and probably an increase in animated shows. biggrin.gif

Marvel shows on Disney Channel is go?

The comics are confusing enough as they are already, so having a childish big brother watching over their shoulder won't scare me.

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

*Jaw drops in shock* th_confused0089.gif

Oh gawd, I hope that Disney doesn't try to show it's 'muscle', and make movies like Iron Man and X-men more 'kid-friendly' sleep.gif

Yes, Square Enix and Disney worked with Kingdom Hearts, but I am having a hard time imagining the Hulk being all 'DISNEY LOVE POWAH' wow.png

Ugh facepalm.png

#4 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

This is awesome. biggrin.gif Nobody respects their characters more than Disney.
New animations and Marvel stuff at Disney World? Yes, please. I smell a possible Kingdom Hearts-esque crossover as well. On the bad side, though, it looks like Fox still has the rights to the X-Men films. sleep.gif

#5 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

Hopefully they are just trying to expand their audience base into the older action/adventure crowd. Similar to how they let Pixar do their own thing and then just brand it as Disney and collect royalties. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of trying to reinvent the comics.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Aug 31 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully they don't make the mistake of trying to reinvent the comics.

That is what I fear happening sleep.gif

#7 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Oh man....It'd be funny to see the Disney castle logo in any future Marvel movies, I really hope that Disney leave Marvel be....

#8 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

There's nothing to worry about. Joe Quesada says on his Twitter that will be just like the Disney/Pixar relationship and everyone at Marvel is really excited.

Just the possibility of new animations is what I like. You know, ones that are not THIS.

#9 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I feel like I'm going to vomit. This won't end well. At all.

Truth be told, it just makes me glad I'm a DC man.

You want to talk about coming out of left field...

Disney's massive bank accounts will be a good influence on the company, and we might even see even more Marvel movies.

Doubt it. If anything, this is bad for Marvel films. One of the things that's hindered DC's line of films is the fact that they are owned and have to go through WB and Time Warner. The suits not directly involved in the comics sector aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the tree either. The first thing they thought when The Dark Knight exploded was "we need to make Superman films darker to try and replicate this success". Suits often do not understand the things that they own and the results leave much to be desired.

Part of what's made the recent Marvel films strong - in particular Iron Man and Incredible Hulk - is that Marvel has been able to have a large hand in them thanks to their relatively recent studio. This generally allowed them free reign on film adaptions of their properties. Which allowed them to keep the films as close to the spirit of the comics as possible.

That's not likely to happen anymore. Now they have to answer to a bunch of suits. They're under the jurisdiction of the House of Mouse, who don't even know what to do with the properties they already had. I can't see that being a good thing; at the very least the head of steam they've acquired with their films is going to slow.

There's nothing to worry about. Joe Quesada says on his Twitter that will be just like the Disney/Pixar relationship and everyone at Marvel is really excited.

That's a bit less worrying, but a part of me can't help but wonder how long it will be before they start interfering with the things he wants to do with the company now.

Just the possibility of new animations is what I like. You know, ones that are not THIS.

... I can definitely get behind that statement. That trailer STILL makes me want to vomit school desks. And I love the idea of Wolverine in Japan.

Edited by dl316bh, 31 August 2009 - 04:17 PM.

bd5.jpg

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Aug 31 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EWWW. They made him more like a skinny guy that yaoi fangirls are gonna scream and make doujins and fanfics! arg.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Omg, why does Wolverine look so PRETTY? err.gif

He doesn't even look like Wolverine anymore. He looks like one of those thin anorexic-like vampires from animes DD:

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Aug 31 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt it. If anything, this is bad for Marvel films. One of the things that's hindered DC's line of films is the fact that they are owned and have to go through WB and Time Warner. The suits not directly involved in the comics sector aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the tree either. The first thing they thought when The Dark Knight exploded was "we need to make Superman films darker to try and replicate this success". Suits often do not understand the things that they own and the results leave much to be desired.

Part of what's made the recent Marvel films strong - in particular Iron Man and Incredible Hulk - is that Marvel has been able to have a large hand in them thanks to their relatively recent studio. This generally allowed them free reign on film adaptions of their properties. Which allowed them to keep the films as close to the spirit of the comics as possible.

That's not likely to happen anymore. Now they have to answer to a bunch of suits. They're under the jurisdiction of the House of Mouse, who don't even know what to do with the properties they already had. I can't see that being a good thing; at the very least the head of steam they've acquired with their films is going to slow.

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 31 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EWWW. They made him more like a skinny guy that yaoi fangirls are gonna scream and make doujins and fanfics! arg.gif

Both quoted for truth.

#12 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Aug 31 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't even look like Wolverine anymore. He looks like one of those thin anorexic-like vampires from animes DD:

If it weren't for the claws you wouldn't be able to even tell who it was supposed to be. Hell, even then it's tough. He looks kind of like Vega from Street Fighter without his mask.

I understand they wanted to make this distinctly anime, but making a violent, short, hairy canuck into a freaking bishie was not the way to go about it.
bd5.jpg

#13 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

I wouldn't be too worried about this, the Disney/Pixas merger actually benefited Pixar execs better than Disney's people. I don't expect any radical changes to Marvel, though it would be nice to not see repeats of crap like One Last Day from Spider-Man *shivers*.

New Marvel TV stuff? Sounds good.

#14 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Some fun Tweets by people in the comic business in reaction to the news:

Warren Ellis: so I got this phone call from Joe Quesada and it was just the sound of him rubbing himself with money and now I am confused.

Kieron Gillen: I wish someone would buy *my* portfolio for 4 billion sad.gif

Kevin Smith: ’nuff spent! Marvel, like their Distinguised Competition, is now owned by a corporate juggernaut.

Joe Quesada: It feels like Christmas morning. Jen Grunwald. They’re not evil! I’ve always liked them…but we’ll see what they do to us…

bd5.jpg

#15 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Yeah cuz what Joe Quesada says really makes me feel better.... *Reads One More Day and shakes head in disgust*

uc.png

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

One More Day's got nothing on the Clone Saga for outright kittene. Besides, it's led to better things.
bd5.jpg

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

arg.gif

Why? Now we're gonna see Iron Man and Spider-Man in High School Musical! What next? Joe Jonas playing Thor? I hate Disney.

They already bought Midway, and is probably gonna ruin the MK franchise (Actually, it's already soiled) and now Marvel... ughhhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by Cloud, 31 August 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#18 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Marvel is now officially RUINED. rawr.gif rawr.gif
so everything, the movies and everything.. are owned by Disney?!

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 31 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? Now we're gonna see Iron Man and Spider-Man in High School Musical! What next? Joe Jonas playing Thor? I hate Disney.

I don't hate Disney, and in fact respect Disney of old and Walt Disney himself, for creating all the wonderful animated movies that I grew up watching, and also Walt Disney World itself here in Florida.

But Disney today just fails. I'm sorry, they plain and simply do. Without Pixar they wouldn't 'officially' have any real good animated/CGI movies out, and they struck gaming gold with Square Enix and Kingdom Hearts, but I just can't see them replicating that success with Marvel.

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

But then again, as much as Disney today, they bringing back the animation classics we fell in love with The Princess and the Frog. I hope that will be a blockbuster...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users