• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

#21 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Cool, we've got enough.
\

#22 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

Is it too late to join? Live draft is for me if I can be in. If not, oh well.

#23 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

I think we still have one more slot.

#24 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

When the hell is this thing, tomorrow? Can somebody provide me a link?

#25 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Anewhope2 @ Aug 7 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the hell is this thing, tomorrow? Can somebody provide me a link?

PM mik3

#26 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

We do have one more spot and Draft Day is August 22.

#27 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:00 AM

Pleas sign me up for this! My league folded this year and I need a place to play!
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#28 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

I hate to do this, especially now, but I've deleted my team and cannot participate.

The reason is that my work scheduled is such that I don't have the time to spend the bulk of a Saturday to do a draft. My office is shorthanded at a time when we have a really heavy workload. I expect to finish relatively soon, but not before the start of the football season. I think things will ease up around labor day, but by then it will be too late and I cannot nor will I ask for the draft to be postponed for that long, especially since I cannot guarantee anything.

It especially sucks because the main issue is not participation in generally, just the draft itself. However, rather than have all of you all wait on my account I simply withdrew.

#29 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 16 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to do this, especially now, but I've deleted my team and cannot participate.

The reason is that my work scheduled is such that I don't have the time to spend the bulk of a Saturday to do a draft. My office is shorthanded at a time when we have a really heavy workload. I expect to finish relatively soon, but not before the start of the football season. I think things will ease up around labor day, but by then it will be too late and I cannot nor will I ask for the draft to be postponed for that long, especially since I cannot guarantee anything.

It especially sucks because the main issue is not participation in generally, just the draft itself. However, rather than have all of you all wait on my account I simply withdrew.

That's brutal man. Well, maybe next year.

#30 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

Well I'm all set for the draft this Saturday. The Generals are gonna dominate!

#31 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who made it, enjoy your saturday happy.gif

With the First Pick in the Draft Dark Adepts surprised everyone by taking Philip Rivers.

The Season kicks off Thursday September 10th.

Here are the Week 1 Matchups.

In closing, to ed we leave you with this message

tongue.gif

Good Luck to you all.
\

#32 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

I still can't believe that he took Phillip Rivers number one overall. Oh well it's his own fault. I drafted Adrian Peterson so I got the RB that I wanted.

#33 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Lol that commercial. Sorry Ed! I would have been absent right along with you but my hubby was able to do the first several rounds for me until I got home laugh.gif
Good luck to everyone happy.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#34 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Hey, he's a well rounded QB, plus I've got a decent back-up Chad Pennington just in case. Also, I've followed Rivers since his college days at NC State, so I know want he's able to do.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#35 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Strangest draft I've been in. 4 QBs in the first round?

Looking forward to a fun season with all of you!
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#36 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Burning_Wulf @ Aug 22 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, he's a well rounded QB, plus I've got a decent back-up Chad Pennington just in case. Also, I've followed Rivers since his college days at NC State, so I know want he's able to do.

He's a good QB but when you have the chance to take the Holy Grail of Running Backs this year you take it. You most likely could have gotten Rivers in the 2nd or 3rd round.

#37 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Kinda surprised seeing Michael Turner on the seventh pick. So I took him.

#38 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

Great job everybody! The League wouldn't have been possible without your participation, good luck. If you try hard enough you may be the Runner Up to me cool.gif

#39 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Aug 22 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's a good QB but when you have the chance to take the Holy Grail of Running Backs this year you take it. You most likely could have gotten Rivers in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I may not have the "Holy Grail" of RB, but I'm satisfied with my top RB.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#40 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Aug 22 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda surprised seeing Michael Turner on the seventh pick. So I took him.

Honestly, I think you have one of two best starting lineups in the league.

Just for funsies, Wolfy's (likely to be inaccurate) snap draft analysis!
Going in I was happy to see that I had the 11th pick. I believed that if I couldn't get in the Top 3 or 4, the bottom two picks was where it was at this year. After seeing the first round unfold though, I found myself really wishing I could trade up. Turner at 7? Really? Curse of 370 or not, 7 is way too low for him.

Also, I vote that Ed gets first pick next year as compensation for being stuck with the Autodraft. laugh.gif

Draft Results here.

Starting team listed (QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF), click on team name for full roster.
Dark Adepts: (Philip Rivers, Steve Smith (CAR), Donald Driver, Steve Breaston, Steven Jackson, Derrick Ward, Tony Gonzalez, John Kasay, Pittsburgh)
-Needs Steven Jackson to have a HUGE year. As NuclearRaven said, Rivers probably would have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round, and I wonder if this pick caused the run on QBs in the 1st round. Still, Rivers will be good but I think he may slip if LT is healthier than he was last year. I actually like the look of his starting lineup except for the WRs. After Steve Smith (CAR), you have a #2 and a #3 WRs starting. In a 3 WR lineup that's not ideal. I'm a fan of his bench WR though - I really think the other Steve Smith (NYG) could have a big year.

Konoha Shinobi: (Kurt Warner, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, Lance Moore, Michael Turner, Ryan Grant, Dallas Clark, Neil Rackers, Arizona)
-Even if Warner doesn't survive the year, Matt Cassel isn't the worst backup to have. I expect a big bounce-back year from Grant, and the Arizona D is very underrated, especially with the League settings being more forgiving to defenses that give up higher amounts of points. If Jim Zorn can get Jason Campbell on track, we might see some more big plays from Santana Moss. But seriously, San Fran's D was worth a pick?

Knuckleheaded Ninjas: (Donovan McNabb, Larry Fitzgerald, Anthony Gonzalez, Derrick Mason, Marion Barber, Joseph Addai, Chris Cooley, Rob Bironas, San Diego)
-Fitzgerald at four raised my eyebrows a bit, but I understand the pick completely - no problems here. To me, the RB corps is the weakest part of this lineup - both Barber and Addai are likely to find themselves in committee situations.

Fun irrelevant fact: When Al Davis took Darrius Heyward-Bey seventh, one sports website I follow (who had been semi-sarcastically mocking DHB to Oakland for 2 months before the draft) promptly gave Oakland a draft grade of Z- for the pick.* The fact that mik3 took him in the last round and not the first makes him smarter than Al Davis. Fire Al Davis, hire mik3!
*The Raiders promptly outdid themselves by taking some safety from Ohio no one had even heard of in the second round, earning themselves the legendary grade of "MILLEN."

Rochester Bulls: (Ben Roethlisberger, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Bryant, Matt Forte, Brian Westbrook, Owen Daniels, Stephen Gostkowski, Tennessee)
-Hmm. I want to bag Roethlisberger as a starting QB, but I'm not sure I can. For one thing QBs came flying off the board much quicker than they should have, and Pittsburgh's weakened running game may force Big Ben to chuck it all over the field again. We'll see. Greg Jennings is solid, but the other WRs may be an all-or-nothing kind of situation (Marshall's contract situation and Kyle Orton, Bryant having to prove last year wasn't a fluke and who's throwing to him anyway?)

Sparky McRandomsons: (Carson Palmer, Randy Moss, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, John Carlson, Mason Crosby, Carolina)
-Strange that I felt like I "settled" for Chris Johnson at eleven, but when Turner slides to seven and Matt Forte gets taken the pick before yours, "settled" came to mind anyway. I took Randy Moss over Andre Johnson because of Tom Brady's return. If Randy even gets half of his incredible 2007 season totals he's totally worth it. Yay for Pierre Thomas sliding to the sixth! I'm really worried about my QB though. I took Palmer over Cassel, but I'm not comfortable with either one - The Bailouts took the QB I targeted (Matt Ryan) two picks ahead of me. :/ I was greedy with running backs, but when McFadden (8th round), Julius Jones (I know, but he IS the clear #1 in Seattle and the new zone blocking scheme suits him), and LeSean McCoy (13th round whee!) are there... you know who to call if your starting RB goes down. biggrin.gif

Scorehappy3: (Jay Cutler, Terrell Owens, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, Reggie Bush, Willis McGahee, Greg Olsen, Robbie Gould, Philadelphia)
-No, I don't understand taking Cutler in the first round. Maybe it was a panic move because of the other QBs, but between this pick, taking Greg Olsen in the 3rd (Yes, he'll be good, maybe as good as Antonio Gates. But not 3rd round good), and having Reggie Bush and Willis McGahee as your starting RBs... ouch.

Disclaimer: I hate Willis McGahee. He and his old-man knees were an anchor dragging my fantasy team down last year. And I'm not convinced he starts this year.

The Generals: (Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Braylon Edwards, Donnie Avery, Adrian Peterson, Thomas Jones, Kellen Winslow, Kris Brown, Dallas)
-With seven players in the starting lineup on bye in weeks 6 and 9, there's two auto-losses. Congrats Dark Adepts and Rochester Bulls! Besides that, solid lineup throughout. Peyton is Peyton, about as steady as they come. I consider this and Sir Whirly's starting lineups 1 and 1A, we'll see if Braylon Edwards can shake off his dropsies.

NuclearRaven, you owe Burning_Wulf a Christmas card.

The rest to come next post.

Edited by Jwolf0, 22 August 2009 - 08:55 PM.

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users