• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#21 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

I think I've just watched Dwight Howard's absolutely sick dunk off the side of the backboard for the 15th time now. HOLYCRAP.

Final round of the Slam Dunk contest. Howard's dunk is at 2:00. Nate Robinson's face afterwards says it all.

As much as I like Nate (him coming from UW), if Howard had come with another dunk besides the foul-line one, he would've won.

Edited by Jwolf0, 23 February 2009 - 02:40 AM.

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#22 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I am curious to see what LeBron will bring to the contest next year.

dry.gif BTW interesting to see the suns 3 game 140+ points streak ended today against the Celtics.

#23 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

I'm a Miami Heat fan, and I have to go with Wade as my top player.

#24 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Feb 15 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I've just watched Dwight Howard's absolutely sick dunk off the side of the backboard for the 15th time now. HOLYCRAP.

Final round of the Slam Dunk contest. Howard's dunk is at 2:00. Nate Robinson's face afterwards says it all.

As much as I like Nate (him coming from UW), if Howard had come with another dunk besides the foul-line one, he would've won.

Dwight used the superman dunk too early, he should have used the foul line dunk as his first dunk and it would have gotten him in. If he uses the superman dunk as his last one, he wins no doubt.
\

#25 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Utah Jazz fan here.

R.I.P. Larry Miller

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#26 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

With the regular season over its playoff time!

Here are the games.

Western Conference:
-Lakers in 4
-Nuggets in 5
-Spurs in 6
-Blazers in 5

Eastern Conference:
-Cavaliers in 5
-Celtics in 7
-Magic in 4
-Heat in 6

With Garnett injured I don't think the Celtics will go far and barely beat Chicago and lose in the semi-conference finals. I'm guessing it will be Lakers and Cavs for the finals.

#27 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

if the sixers win 1 game i'll be satisfied, the city itself doesn't have faith in this team laugh.gif (maybe Dwight Howard falls and breaks his ankle)

its gonna be a massacre

btw I have the Cavs winning it all

Edited by Illmatic, 16 April 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#28 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Kukuku. The Mavericks win game 1. Beat those damn dirty Spurs!!!!

#29 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Sixers stole a game in orlando. CHOKE ON Kryptonite DWIGHT
\

#30 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

were gonna get massacred in game 2

Wirly, your'e a Mavs Fan? dude cmon

#31 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Last nights games for crazy. Ray Allen was off the hook and that game winning shot was just awesome.

And the Mavericks need to find a way to stop Parker and not let the Spurs get on a roll.

I'm surprised Houston beat Portland, but I guess to be fair Portland is inexperienced so its understandable. But if the Rockets make it to the second round without T-mac?? Oh man that'll be burn for him..

#32 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

I hope the Bulls win the series. I HATE espn's bias towards the boston sports teams.
\

#33 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Apr 20 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
were gonna get massacred in game 2

Wirly, your'e a Mavs Fan? dude cmon

lol, didn't you know I am orginally from Dallas? (And yet I am a Cardinals fan. Go figure. huh?) So yea I am a Mavericks and Suns fan. And I friggin hate the Spurs.

#34 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 21 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, didn't you know I am orginally from Dallas? (And yet I am a Cardinals fan. Go figure. huh?) So yea I am a Mavericks and Suns fan. And I friggin hate the Spurs.

ah alright then laugh.gif

#35 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

BULLS OVER CELTICS. XDDD!!!

I don't even know who's in the playoffs, but I'm happy that Chicago is in it XD!

#36 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 22 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense but as an Eagles Fan I must say, Dallas Sucks. At least you picked a better football team.
\

#37 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Apr 22 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense but as an Eagles Fan I must say, Dallas Sucks. At least you picked a better football team.

You hate all Dallas teams because your an Eagles fan? I understand the Cowboys (I hate the Cowboys and I'm from Dallas), but why does that mean you hate the Mavericks, Stars, and Rangers?

#38 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Apr 22 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You hate all Dallas teams because your an Eagles fan? I understand the Cowboys (I hate the Cowboys and I'm from Dallas), but why does that mean you hate the Mavericks, Stars, and Rangers?

I should have worded it better. Dallas Sucks is just what we say. When it comes down to it, Im not a fan of the other Dallas teams, but I don't hate them either. It really is just the Dallas Cowboys.
\

#39 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:22 AM

Eagles really have a vendetta that big against the Cowboys? If anything I'd figure it would be the Redskins since their rivalry goes down for decades. Then again Philly booed Santa Claus so eh not surprised tongue.gif

Brandon Roy and Damarcus Aldridge played really well and took over in the Rockets/Blazers game. Mutombo's injury is going to be career ending so he'll retire after 18 years. Even though he hasn't won a championship he was one of the greatest defensive players. Who can ever forget the wagging "nope" finger? I'm not sure if he'll make it to the Hall of Fame, but he sure deserves it for his great defensive skills (especially playing in an era with some of the greatest defensive players he won DPY six times) and getting almost a double double points/rebounds in his career total. And he's a classy guy as well.

Cavs are doing what everyone expected them to do. I'll expect them to roll on with a sweep. Lakers are playing superbly like usual so I expect the same from them. And right now it looks like the Magic will tie the series against the Sixers.

#40 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (True @ Apr 22 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eagles really have a vendetta that big against the Cowboys? If anything I'd figure it would be the Redskins since their rivalry goes down for decades. Then again Philly booed Santa Claus so eh not surprised tongue.gif

Well, we dislike all our opponents, and Id say our real rival is the Giants since they're right across in Jersey and we have a long history with them. Dallas is because they did a lot of winning while at the same time we were losing. Id say early 90s when we started to become competitive and actually beat the Troy Aikman Cowboys, that's what really started the fire. I would imagine its how Red sox fans used to feel about the Yankees, the team crediting themselves as "America's Team" and having high profile Stars on their team and all the championships they've won. We got sick of hearing about it and when we could finally start beating them consistently, we went off on them. The biggest moment being when Michael Irvin suffered a career ending injury in Philadelphia and the fans CHEERED as he got taken off the field. For me personally I just don't like the fact most of them are bandwagoners, and don't know crap about football. They feel entitled. And Tony Romo is the type of person we love to hate. Pretty boy, wo runs around playing playground football, and getting cmpared to Aikman. Also, that Santa Claus thing is overblown.

Excuse my off topic rant.

Sixers could have won the game, but they blew it. Dwight Howard did nothing, and even fouled out and they couldn't take advantage.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users