Teen Titans Go!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yo! I must see that episode! Good shipping teases!  :fan:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#62 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

After watching a few episodes I think the show is fine, but it at times makes me wish for the old Teen Titans back. The show is funny and has some good moments, but at times I find the stories a little too far out there. Like an entire episode where Robin is naked? Beat Boy and Cyborg fighting with a pizza guy? Heck, there is even an episode

yeah...
These are good for comedy sketches, but I miss the enticing stories of them fighting Slade or even the dark history that was Raven. They had comedy too, but it was kept more subtle.

If this show came out before the original Teen Titans, it wouldn't be so heavy criticized, but because it wasn't and what we got before what this dark story telling that was the original Titans to this over-the-top silly not really that deep story elements...it leaves much to desire.

They seem to spend more time fighting silly problems than they do fighting villains.

That's my take on it. I took a chance, watched a few episodes, and my verdict the show is fun, but at times is lacking in areas that the original Titans have. I mean, these are DC heroes who in their comics face horrors unimaginable...I guess it is just taste.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#63 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I did watch part of episodes and I didn't like it because this series is based for a younger audience and its focus is mainly" comedy" not action and drama.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#64 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

The old show was hit or miss. There were a lot of story problems and it suffered from some serious mood whiplash (that show really had no idea when the proper time to drop a comedy episode was). But I agree with missing some superheroics.

I'm totally going to prefer the new show, though, if only for the fact that Beast Boy comes out on top more often now and that they don't dance around the fact that Batman exists this time.

bd5.jpg

#65 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

and that they don't dance around the fact that Batman exists this time.

I LOVE that about this new show =D

For example when

spoiler

Love it all~ =D

I admit that some eps of TTG makes me feel reminiscent of, and miss the original Teen Titans. But TTG is actually a pretty funny show. I like the humor, and seeing things like the usually harda$$ Robin

spoiler

Is freaking gold XDD

#66 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

This show is good for laughs but it doesn't hold a candle to the original Teen Titans imo.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#67 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Raven feels like Kakashi here for me... I want to see her with the hood off! LOL 

Ultimately, while I definitely miss the old Teen Titans, this one is fine for me. Love that they got the old voice actors/actresses back to play their respective parts. Beast Boy is even funnier here for me. I actually like his character more than I used to. Robin is more obvious when it comes to his feelings for Starfire. I'm a hardcore RobinStar shipper. LOL All in all, it's a solid show. It's better than not seeing the old gang at all. :D 

#68 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ultimately, while I definitely miss the old Teen Titans, this one is fine for me.

Love that they got the old voice actors/actresses back to play their respective parts.

I actually like his character more than I used to.

Robin is more obvious when it comes to his feelings for Starfire. I'm a hardcore RobinStar shipper.

LOL All in all, it's a solid show. It's better than not seeing the old gang at all. :D

^ This, this, and all 'a dis~ :3

#69 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

This show is good for laughs but it doesn't hold a candle to the original Teen Titans imo.

I don't think it's trying to compete with the old teen titans XD

I think it's just trying to be it's own show. which is a comedy show for kids ^_^ 

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#70 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

I don't think it's trying to compete with the old teen titans XD

I think it's just trying to be it's own show. which is a comedy show for kids ^_^ 

I'd say it's not just for kids too. More All Ages. There's some damn clever jokes in this one.

bd5.jpg

#71 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

I'd say it's not just for kids too. More All Ages. There's some damn clever jokes in this one.

you know what I mean XD mainly for kids, but you know what they say...adults are just big kids XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#72 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

So, I'm finding that I can't watch the original series without laughing now because of Teen Titans Go.

It's not a bad thing, it's similar to watching "Frankenstein" and "Bride of Frankenstein" again after watching "Young Frankenstein." :chuckle:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#73 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think it's hilarious. The old show was why I tuned it, but it's worth staying on its own merits.

My favorite moment is Beast Boy telling Robin he sometimes replaces himself with an animal he painted green.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users