• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 18 2013, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats it!! if this show is awesome!!

start forming a line cause I want a bunch of "you were right" posts rawr.gif

and if I'm wrong.....well then I'll say you were right...they totally ruined Teen Titans. shamefulcry0js.gif

but deep down I don't think any of us want this to bomb right?

It's not about want, I know this is going to bomb. It's a horrible concept. These shorts should be something used at the end of a real episode, like other Anime shows do comical omakes. Not base an entire series around this.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#42 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 18 2013, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats it!! if this show is awesome!!

start forming a line cause I want a bunch of "you were right" posts rawr.gif

and if I'm wrong.....well then I'll say you were right...they totally ruined Teen Titans. shamefulcry0js.gif

but deep down I don't think any of us want this to bomb right?

I am more open to this than others too. Actually I am pretty positive about this! I am willing to give this series a shot and give it the proper 3 episodes rule. If it keeps my attention (even a little bit) past the 3rd episode, I'll continue watching.

Yes we won't get the "old" Teen Titans back or have the seriousness their episodes had but you never know. You might even end up liking this spin off series (even if not as much as the original series). Maybe it will even have kid-friendly "dark" themes to it. 'You can't judge a book by it's cover' and we can't simply judge something based off of the art style or short clips we see on YT or its target demographic.

I'm staying optimistic about this! I tend to have more fun and enjoy more things if I am optimistic than pessimistic about it. After all if you watch something with a already negative light, all the imperfections the show might have will seem magnified and you would enjoy it even less than you would have if you had a neutral or positive view. That happens with me anyway.

Anyway we'll just wait and see how the show will be like on the 23rd.

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#43 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (coolcatjas @ Apr 19 2013, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am more open to this than others too. Actually I am pretty positive about this! I am willing to give this series a shot and give it the proper 3 episodes rule. If it keeps my attention (even a little bit) past the 3rd episode, I'll continue watching.

Yes we won't get the "old" Teen Titans back or have the seriousness their episodes had but you never know. You might even end up liking this spin off series (even if not as much as the original series). Maybe it will even have kid-friendly "dark" themes to it. 'You can't judge a book by it's cover' and we can't simply judge something based off of the art style or short clips we see on YT or its target demographic.

I'm staying optimistic about this! I tend to have more fun and enjoy more things if I am optimistic than pessimistic about it. After all if you watch something with a already negative light, all the imperfections the show might have will seem magnified and you would enjoy it even less than you would have if you had a neutral or positive view. That happens with me anyway.

Anyway we'll just wait and see how the show will be like on the 23rd.

................. a_squish.gif I'm glad at least 1 other person is sorta looking forward to it! I was beginning to think I was the only one.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#44 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yes, we "may like this spin-off", but it's the equivalent of getting Call of Minecraft: Amnesia Slender Pony-Zombies, Dubstep 420-YOLO Edition when I was openly expecting to get Half Life 2: Episode 3. I was promised continuation by the context of the ending of the last episode of the series, but instead it's some kind of horrid abomination of everything that they perceive as "hip", when in all every individual part of it is horrible in on its own, and together it's nothing more than a ploy to scrape up some more money because their live-action shows bombed.

#45 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 19 2013, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
................. a_squish.gif I'm glad at least 1 other person is sorta looking forward to it! I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Maybe it's funny, maybe it's like the Naruto SD! biggrin.gif Though I don't like American attempt on chibis sweatdrop.gif

ナルサク

#46 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Apr 22 2013, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's funny, maybe it's like the Naruto SD! biggrin.gif Though I don't like American attempt on chibis sweatdrop.gif

they aren't chibis it's just a cartoon art style

this teen titans has nothing to do with the old teen titans except maybe the attitudes and similar design XD

chibi would be those teen titans shorts that showed up on DC nation.

at least thats what the creators said. (but I see what he's saying)

ANYWAY!!

IT COMES OUT TODAY!!! BRING IT!!!

Edited by merryGOflava, 25 April 2013 - 03:50 AM.

#47 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

It wasn't bad.

I wasn't loving it, but it is ok. Young Justice getting canned obviously brought about some malice for this, but apparently this was in the works for years. And its been long enough where I don't mind it not being a sequel to the original series. It's earned another viewing from me next week at least.
\

#48 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good! I got plenty of laughs out of it, so I was able to enjoy it for the most part. Not perfect, but still enjoyable.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#49 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

For any one who missed it http://dubbed-scene....ndwich-pie-bros

It was exactly as I expected. It wasn't as great as the original but it still has its own charm! It was pretty entertaining from my point of view. So far so good.

I love the fact that both Raven and Robin are "bronies", Raven being a closet one and Robin being more open haha. I always did imagine either Raven or Beast Boy would be one, I guess I was half right lol

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I said I'd give it a shot, and I did. And while it's absolutely nothing like the old school, classic, epic Teen Titans, it actually managed to get a few laughs out of me. It really was great to hear all the old school voice actors back together again. That alone made me enjoy the first few minutes of the ep =3
And of course, the absolute best part was emotionless, droll Raven playing with 'My Little Pony'. Totally priceless XDD

#51 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I thought I'd like it and I DID!!!! XD

other than being absolutely adorable~ it was pretty funny~

and this

LOL XD this show is pretty gif-able XD

Edited by merryGOflava, 25 April 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#52 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Definitely has that "kiddie show" vibe to it! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#53 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Saw a couple episodes, and I LOVE IT!

#54 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Not gonna lie, it's actually a pretty good show. It's childish, but it's just got something about it that makes it pretty good

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#55 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

Robin is a man with clear priorities.

Also Beast Boy hitting on Raven is amazing. Good to see something for the ol' OTP after a two year dry spell in everything, including the comics.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 June 2013 - 06:45 AM.

bd5.jpg

#56 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PSIjnYqSt-E

Also Beast Boy hitting on Raven is amazing. Good to see something for the ol' OTP after a two year dry spell in everything, including the comics.

Dude, my heart went aflutter when the Robin/Starfire/Speedy love-triangle ep premiered *waves her RobinStar flag, and sighs happily at the show's nod to one of my all-time fave superhero pairings~* :wub:

It was just really great to see that the RobStar romance hadn't been forgotten or nixed post 'ol school Teen Titans :happy:

#57 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

BBRae's my OTP from the franchise. But Robin and Starfire was always good. I need to catch up on this and get on everyone at The Beast Boy and Raven Shrine to get episode discussions going.

It was just really great to see that the RobStar romance hadn't been forgotten or nixed post 'ol school Teen Titans

You never had to worry about that. RobStar was an important thing in the comics and in the old show. There was no way it wasn't going to play a factor.

bd5.jpg

#58 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PSIjnYqSt-E

I went crazy happy when BeastBoy said that to Raven XD

I've always shipped them~  and I'll take whatever moments they give XD

Edited by merryGOflava, 03 June 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#59 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

I went crazy happy when BeastBoy said that to Raven XD

I've always shipped them~  and I'll take whatever moments they give XD

You say this AND you have a sig of the Turtles? I can see you and I are going to get along well.

bd5.jpg

#60 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

You say this AND you have a sig of the Turtles? I can see you and I are going to get along well.

This is the start of a beautiful friendship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users