72 replies to this topic

#1 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

so heard of the new Teen Titans Go!? biggrin.gif it's a spin-off of the old Teen Titans some of us loved way back!!

the characters have a new style (kinda chibi in a way) and since it is pretty much a spin-off NOT a continuation it will be more about the comedy and fun this time around wink.gif

here's the theme song belowwwwww

Teen Titans Go! Intro <-----

my only gripe is that it's being done in flash, but they still look adorable anyway~

all the original voice actors are coming back biggrin.gif for this fun filled series

An interview also stated we might be seeing some Justice Leaguers this time (the original teen titans never had them)

SO anyone excited for this??

Edited by merryGOflava, 29 April 2013 - 12:51 AM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#2 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

They cancelled Young Justice, but they're pushing this?

I love the original Teen Titans. LOVE it. But this looks like a butchery of it. What made the original so great was the combination of the action, comedy, character development/drama, and insanely memorable/epic moments (the whole Terra fiasco, Slade's revival and the fight against Trigon, etc.). The balance of it was great. With this, they're doing away with most of that and focusing on comedy. Not to mention the awful new animation.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 16 April 2013 - 10:15 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yeah... this doesn't look good, at all. Americans can't do good chibi series, just leave that to the japanese man. I loved the first Teen Titans, but this one just looks silly.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 16 2013, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They cancelled Young Justice, but they're pushing this?

I love the original Teen Titans. LOVE it. But this looks like a butchery of it. What made the original so great was the combination of the action, comedy, character development/drama, and insanely memorable/epic moments (the whole Terra fiasco, Slade's revival and the fight against Trigon, etc.). The balance of it was great. With this, they're doing away with most of that and focusing on comedy. Not to mention the awful new animation.

calm down. XD I was like you at first but here me out.

1) this is gonna be on tuesdays....so Young justice could have stayed on. What cancelled Young Justice was itself (the lack of toy sales and crazy hiatuses)

2) this is a SPIN OFF it is not going to be like the original? why? because...
A) Kids wouldn't understand if it was a continuation of the old show only older teens and adults who watched it before would know what's going on.
B) It's comedy, cause comedy has been what kids have been liking, Adventure Time ect. it sales.
C) It's just a fun BONUS for us fans biggrin.gif a series where we can enjoy the craziness of the characters we loved~
D) they haven't butchered it UNTIL we have seen the episode.
E) the old Teen Titans had a good run~ let's enjoy this funny version...for...well FUN!

@alexander: I said it was "chibi" only to give you an idea that they weren't "tall" like the old one's. As the creators have said, they aren't chibi they are just a new style. (not that it matters just nitpicking)

but It's your choice whether to watch this or not smile.gif I on the other hand loved the old series and will give this one a chance.

Edited by merryGOflava, 16 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#5 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ha, you know I remember writing to CN to bring Teen Titans back but I didn't expect it to come back like this T_T teen titans... I really wish they stuck with just bringing back the original show. It was awesome... but instead we get a spin-off series which is never as good as the original (i.e. Korra [while it still was really good, it didn't own up to the original Avatar. I think it was the forced romance and fast pace]). I was hoping for some more serious episodes but looks like this will be mostly comedy which isn't bad I guess. .

Well I will give it a shot anyway. I mean any cartoon can be amazing if Tara Strong is one of the main voice actors happy.gif (Love you Tara!)

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#6 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (coolcatjas @ Apr 16 2013, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha, you know I remember writing to CN to bring Teen Titans back but I didn't expect it to come back like this T_T teen titans... I really wish they stuck with just bringing back the original show. It was awesome... but instead we get a spin-off series which is never as good as the original (i.e. Korra [while it still was really good, it didn't own up to the original Avatar. I think it was the forced romance and fast pace]). I was hoping for some more serious episodes but looks like this will be mostly comedy which isn't bad I guess. .

Well I will give it a shot anyway. I mean any cartoon can be amazing if Tara Strong is one of the main voice actors happy.gif (Love you Tara!)

I know...I was shocked when they showed this too...

and I realized they can never bring back the original...for reasons.... sad.gif

but look at them dancing!! XD

#7 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I wanted Teen Titans back...but not like this ;-;. I love the old art....

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#8 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I can tell this is gonna take some time to take in for you guys biggrin.gif

on a positive note~ Raven looks cute without her hoodie!

Edited by merryGOflava, 16 April 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#9 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

The first time I saw this I was like: Why the heck do they look like that? I don't like them this way. I liked them the way they were. I don't think I'll be watching this show.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (PhantomCat @ Apr 16 2013, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first time I saw this I was like: Why the heck do they look like that? I don't like them this way. I liked them the way they were. I don't think I'll be watching this show.

I'll give the first couple of eps a try...mostly out of morbid curiosity.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Well, I almost feel like USA did 1 step forward, 2 steps backward. But let me be honest:

Well, this is the parody of its older show. That said well, I guess I will give it a try. I did wish for the old version to return, but well, this one is more self-aware parody, so it could be fun. Now my negative view: well first off, I'll be honest, I don't like to see flash animation to be on CN. It's like "Yup, we lazy," but that's just me. I remember feeling that back when George of the Jungle remake happened. God, why. Anyway, not a fan. It's like making a very kid orientated movie brought you to by Disney, it's not what we see when we look at big company name. Lastly, I can't say this is a good timing because there are shows that got canceled and they were action and good budgeted shows, like Young Justice. That can give a bad impression to many thinking they canceled it for this.

CN around late 2000s was really the worst of time and I believe around 2011 and 12, it was getting back up. Unfortunately, the ratings talk and so, they cancel really creative stuff. Surprised Avatar survived well in Nick, because you know, kids want to see something..."different". And it's a shame when old shows and new shows that got old shows feel get crapped on. Not to say new shows are crap, but there were more hard work and clever jokes that don't rely on pop culture. So yeah, I will give this show a chance. I just hope we don't go downfall.

#12 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 17 2013, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I almost feel like USA did 1 step forward, 2 steps backward. But let me be honest:

Well, this is the parody of its older show. That said well, I guess I will give it a try. I did wish for the old version to return, but well, this one is more self-aware parody, so it could be fun. Now my negative view: well first off, I'll be honest, I don't like to see flash animation to be on CN. It's like "Yup, we lazy," but that's just me. I remember feeling that back when George of the Jungle remake happened. God, why. Anyway, not a fan. It's like making a very kid orientated movie brought you to by Disney, it's not what we see when we look at big company name. Lastly, I can't say this is a good timing because there are shows that got canceled and they were action and good budgeted shows, like Young Justice. That can give a bad impression to many thinking they canceled it for this.

CN around late 2000s was really the worst of time and I believe around 2011 and 12, it was getting back up. Unfortunately, the ratings talk and so, they cancel really creative stuff. Surprised Avatar survived well in Nick, because you know, kids want to see something..."different". And it's a shame when old shows and new shows that got old shows feel get crapped on. Not to say new shows are crap, but there were more hard work and clever jokes that don't rely on pop culture. So yeah, I will give this show a chance. I just hope we don't go downfall.

I hope it does well too....

people who went to the comic panel for Teen Titans go! got to see the first 2 episodes and they said they were surprised they liked it.

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 16 2013, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it does well too....

people who went to the comic panel for Teen Titans go! got to see the first 2 episodes and they said they were surprised they liked it.

Yeah, I give it a chance because it's already made as parody and there's already an old show, so it works itself out in a way. If it's like a remake of an old show with the same target audience but with its meh animation, then that's a problem. I don't like flash, but again, it's already a parody, so it's like point taken.

#14 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 16 2013, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In defense, flash animation can be really well animated if done right and doesn't come off as lazy. A really good example of this is:
some ppl might get annoyed here --Click here to view--
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Its amazing flash animation is one of the things that got me into the show to be honest (that and the voice acting and relatable characters). However to pull this off you need a lot of layers and symbols which can really be a hassle to keep track of and animate (which can in turn also create a lot of bloopers if not careful i.e eyes popping out, hand detached from arm or layer mishaps). Most series use as few layers as possible to avoid keeping track of so many layers and is why most flash cartoon series fall flat in their animations, looking stiff and flat. Unfortunately this might be the case for Teen Titans Go! sad.gif Idk why they went with flash animation if this was the best they can do with it but hey it's cheaper for sure and "easier" if they take shortcuts.

That aside, story wise if the episodes are like this it might be at least entertaining. (I actually loled when Starfire is like "Seriously?! are you kidding me?!" at her 80's costume haha)

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (coolcatjas @ Apr 16 2013, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In defense, flash animation can be really well animated if done right and doesn't come off as lazy. A really good example of this is:
some ppl might get annoyed here --Click here to view--
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Its amazing flash animation is one of the things that got me into the show to be honest (that and the voice acting and relatable characters). However to pull this off you need a lot of layers and symbols which can really be a hassle to keep track of and animate (which can in turn also create a lot of bloopers if not careful i.e eyes popping out, hand detached from arm or layer mishaps). Most series use as few layers as possible to avoid keeping track of so many layers and is why most flash cartoon series fall flat in their animations, looking stiff and flat. Unfortunately this might be the case for Teen Titans Go! sad.gif Idk why they went with flash animation if this was the best they can do with it but hey it's cheaper for sure and "easier" if they take shortcuts.

That aside, story wise if the episodes are like this it might be at least entertaining. (I actually loled when Starfire is like "Seriously?! are you kidding me?!" at her 80's costume haha)

True. It's just that I like when they actually animated themselves. Something you see in storyboard in their office. Shows like Young Justice is sad to see go because it has updated animation Batman animated series, which was great. Oh well, we'll see.

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I don't know about this. I mean, I went back and watched all the old cartoons I grew up with like Justice League and Batman/Superman cartoons.

This will either be the greatest show ever or the weakest. The problem is you're taking a comic book series and trying to make it assessable for younger kids. Now, I grew up with comic books and my mom never had a problem with me watching them, but when you take what was once a more young adult themes cartoon and you aim it towards little kids it tends to get....messy.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

This look like the same thing they did with that series of the Avengers turning them into a bunch of small cartoony action figures what was it called" The super hero squad" or something like that. I agree with James they're trying to turn old school superheroes we grew up with so it can adaptable to a younger audience. I don't know little kids might like it but I'm sure I won't.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#18 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 17 2013, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about this. I mean, I went back and watched all the old cartoons I grew up with like Justice League and Batman/Superman cartoons.

This will either be the greatest show ever or the weakest. The problem is you're taking a comic book series and trying to make it assessable for younger kids. Now, I grew up with comic books and my mom never had a problem with me watching them, but when you take what was once a more young adult themes cartoon and you aim it towards little kids it tends to get....messy.

I don't think it's just that though.

Since they couldn't completely bring back the old show, they made this fun show smile.gif to not only please the fans but to appeal to kids biggrin.gif

Beware the Batman seems like it's gonna be aimed toward older kids anyway, so they have that.

Still...being cautiously optimistic about this show biggrin.gif

Edited by merryGOflava, 17 April 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 17 2013, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This look like the same thing they did with that series of the Avengers turning them into a bunch of small cartoony action figures what was it called" The super hero squad" or something like that. I agree with James they're trying to turn old school superheroes we grew up with so it can adaptable to a younger audience. I don't know little kids might like it but I'm sure I won't.

Funny how that show could be fanboys' dream yet the target audience was for younger kids. Imagine that with those matured animations and different target audience. I think ratings will hit the roof.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 17 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#20 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Please bring back the old Teen Titans we all love not this cartoony version. rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users