Close
Photo

Do you think this would happen if NaruSaku became canon?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#81 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, I never actually thought about that. that just made me rethink narusaku entirely....

right now if sakura got together with naruto it would be because she cant be with sasuke and naruto is her silver medal. and even if that wasnt true, naruto wouldnt believe it, and he would never believe she loves him.

damn, this is really really bad. I know theres a solution to this, but what is it?

That's not true. It's too late for Naruto to be a "silver metal". If she had attempted to get with him way back when when Sasuke first left, then Naruto would be considered a rebound.

Sakura has built an entirely separate relationship with Naruto that had nothing to do with Sasuke. When Sakura first saw him again and asked Naruto how she looked, did she think of Sasuke? Or what Sasuke would think? No. Just about ever moment that can be considered relationship building did not have "I wish it were Sasuke" hanging over her head.

She's never thought or stated that Sasuke was Naruto instead. Sasuke rarely even comes up unless it involves dragging him back to Konoha.

I don't know where this idea of Naruto being a rebound even comes from. Just because she didn't get with her first love does not mean everyone after that is a rebound. If that were the case, every relationship after someone's first relationship is a rebound.

Also, I don't think Naruto would never believe Sakura loves him, but I don't think Naruto would ever believe she doesn't love Sasuke.

Edited by kirabook, 10 June 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#82 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 10 2012, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not true. It's too late for Naruto to be a "silver metal". If she had attempted to get with him way back when when Sasuke still left, then Naruto would be considered a rebound.

Sakura has built an entirely separate relationship with Naruto that had nothing to do with Sasuke. When Sakura first saw him again and asked Naruto how she looked, did she think of Sasuke? Or what Sasuke would think? No. Just about ever moment that can be considered relationship building did not have "I wish it were Sasuke" hanging over her head.

She's never thought or stated that Sasuke was Naruto instead. Sasuke rarely even comes up unless it involves dragging him back to Konoha.

I don't know where this idea of Naruto being a rebound even comes from. Just because she didn't get with her first love does not mean everyone after that is a rebound. If that were the case, every relationship after someone's first relationship is a rebound.

Also, I don't think Naruto would never believe Sakura loves him, but I don't think Naruto would ever believe she doesn't love Sasuke.

where does the idea come from? remember that love note ninja? the first thing that came to sakura's mind was sasuke. that much is certain.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#83 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where does the idea come from? remember that love note ninja? the first thing that came to sakura's mind was sasuke. that much is certain.

first of all shes right. read over the manga she has built her own relationship with Naruto starting back in early days of Team 7 FACT! and if you said they didn't you're a clown.

Second: If she isn’t labeling/identifying her feelings for Naruto as romantic yet (because shes confused like its stated), why would she think of him when asked about a person she loves romantically?

like it said in the databook Sakura can't identify her feelings for Naruto and still can't.

Edited by Living Lavish, 10 June 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#84 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you look at her facial expression while thinking about Sasuke, you will notice that she did not looked happy at all. She looked sad and maybe even a little ashamed. This can obviously be interpreted in several ways, but some people believe that the meaning of this panel was to convey that while she still has feelings for Sasuke, they do nothing but hurt her and hold her back. Therefore there are a lot of people (especially NS fans) who interpret this scene as Sakura slowly starting to "get over" Sasuke.

Edited by TerrorKing, 10 June 2012 - 03:56 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#85 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jun 10 2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you look at her facial expression while thinking about Sasuke, you will notice that she did not looked happy at all. She looked sad and maybe even a little ashamed. This can obviously be interpreted in several ways, but some people believe that the meaning of this panel was to convey that while she still has feelings for Sasuke, they do nothing but hurt her and hold her back. Therefore there are a lot of people (especially NS fans) who interpret this scene as Sakura slowly starting to "get over" Sasuke.

Yes plus their was no reason to state again that Sakura loves Sasuke when we already knew that the arc before. so to repeat it again would make no sense.
But yeah really a negative scene.

#86 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if she is thinking of Sasuke, Sasuke and his rejection is not influencing her feelings for Naruto. She doesn't think as Naruto as second best, he's not the aftermath of her fail with Sasuke. He's not "Well, since I can't have Sasuke, Naruto will be his replacement."

Sakura has never thought anything like that the entire manga. Naruto has always been Naruto and Sasuke has always been Sasuke. Sakura and Naruto's relationship was formed at the same time as Sasuke's, and it's always been separate and different. Nothing has changed.

Posted Image

#87 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (ichaichamaster @ May 6 2012, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well thanks for correcting me, since you seem to know more japanese than i do, may i ask you this? what did sai said in chapter 474? did he really said ″she did it because she loves him (sasuke)¨?

I'm not sure exactly what Sai said regarding Sakura's feelings for Sasuke (I'm referencing one post that discussed multiple uses of suki/daisuki throughout the series, and this particular post doesn't include that line), but Naruto has always referred to Sakura's feelings for Sasuke as "daisuki" (during POAL, and at the summit when talking to Sai).

Interestingly enough, when Sakura confessed to Sasuke in 181, she didn't use "daisuki" herself. She used a double suki - "Watashi was Sasuke-kun ga suki de suki de"
The poster said that the double suki makes it more powerful than a single suki, but I'm not sure if that's more or less powerful than adding a "hontou ni" in front of suki.

Even more interestingly, Naruto clearly equates his feelings for Sakura with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke - "I know you love Sasuke...I know how much you're suffering right now. I feel it too." I personally think that if Naruto were to label his feelings for Sakura himself, it would be daisuki, because of this scene. pPease note, I used the translation of Naruto's words in 458 as Sakura's recalls them, not the translation in 183. The version I have of 183 has Naruto stating "Sakura-chan, you really like Sasuke huh?"; the original Japanese definitely used 'daisuki' (which has consistently been translated as love for Hinata's confession), so I'm inclined to go with the translation in 458 than in 183. Regardless though, both scenes convey the same meaning (Naruto equates his feelings for Sakura to his feelings for Sasuke, and Naruto labels Sakura's feelings as 'daisuki'); the second translation simply words it better for my purposes.
http://www.mangarush...naruto/458/p-14
http://www.mangarush...naruto/183/p-12
http://www.mangarush...naruto/183/p-13

Either way, the poster confirmed that Sai's referencing of Naruto's feelings were romantic both times.
QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ May 9 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NaruHina fans like to point out that Sai just assumed Naruto loves Sakura. The majority of them saw that flashback but since the popular translation is "really like" or "like" Sakura, NaruHina fans are convinced that Naruto only has a crush on Sakura yet Hinata's feelings are love and apparently undying facepalm.png . Honestly, I read the chapter myself but I saw two versions. "Love" and "Like". I strongly believe the "like" version was mistranslated. If Sai only said "Do you like Sakura?", Naruto wouldn't have been so shocked and flustered. If it was simply that, then Naruto would have probably blushed a little and said yes. But he had like an air of seriousness and overreaction to Sai's question that seems to fit Sai saying love. Do we have any prove that the the "Like" version was a mistranslation rolleyes.gif ?

Sai used "suki" and "hontou ni suki" - which can be readily translated into either "like" or "love" unfortunately. Still, the context it was presented in most definitely confirms that it was in a romantic sense.

Sakura herself used a double suki instead of daisuki like Hianta did - and Sakura's was translated as meaning "I love you with all of my heart!" rolleyes.gif

Still, Naruto has yet to label his own feelings for Sakura. Due to his words in 183 as explained above, I truly believe that he would have used "daisuki" by the end of part one. That's logical speculation though, so it may be difficult to argue.

Edited by Paptala, 10 June 2012 - 05:41 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#88 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jun 10 2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first of all shes right. read over the manga she has built her own relationship with Naruto starting back in early days of Team 7 FACT! and if you said they didn't you're a clown.

Second: If she isn’t labeling/identifying her feelings for Naruto as romantic yet (because shes confused like its stated), why would she think of him when asked about a person she loves romantically?

like it said in the databook Sakura can't identify her feelings for Naruto and still can't.

Why is everyone getting the idea she is confused? I keep hearing people say shes confused. When did you get this idea? She even said she knows her own feelings.

(I don't read data books because they're not a part of the manga)

Edited by Branden, 11 June 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#89 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 10 2012, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if she is thinking of Sasuke, Sasuke and his rejection is not influencing her feelings for Naruto. She doesn't think as Naruto as second best, he's not the aftermath of her fail with Sasuke. He's not "Well, since I can't have Sasuke, Naruto will be his replacement."

Sakura has never thought anything like that the entire manga. Naruto has always been Naruto and Sasuke has always been Sasuke. Sakura and Naruto's relationship was formed at the same time as Sasuke's, and it's always been separate and different. Nothing has changed.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not. Sakura in her confession made Naruto seem alot like the 2nd best. That entire confession made it sound like the only reason she loves Naruto now is because Sasuke is evil.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#90 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, Sasuke's behavior is certainly part of the reason she's no longer fangirly squealing over him. Certainly, if Sasuke hadn't had a chip on his shoulder the size of a mountain, she would likely still be in love with him.

At this point, I think Sakura still loves Sasuke, but she is no longer "in love" with him. At this point, it is a painful, familial love, the love that still endures despite every rotten thing he's done. It's a love that pushes her to want to kill him with her own two hands before he destroys himself any further. Whatever romantic feelings she harbored for him are gone; all that's left is the small hope that maybe, deep down, he might still be a good person.

That's where Naruto comes in, because he shares that belief with her. He loves Sasuke in that same way (although he never had those initial romantic overtones...) He wants to be the one to save Sasuke, not just for Sakura, but also for himself.

Sakura also loves Naruto, but it is different from the love she had for Sasuke in the beginning, and certainly different from the what her love for Sasuke evolved into.

Ah, English with all its million vocabulary words fails when it comes to love.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#91 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter if it's true or not. Sakura in her confession made Naruto seem alot like the 2nd best. That entire confession made it sound like the only reason she loves Naruto now is because Sasuke is evil.

The entire confession made it seem like Sasuke's second. He's no longer worth going for, she chose Naruto to be happy and safe over Sasuke. She was ready to throw Sasuke away for good, all for Naruto's happiness and well being.

We all know a portion of her confession is a lie. She still odes care for Sasuke, but obviously not more than Naruto. She said anything she could to make Naruto give up Sasuke. Of course, her lie was obvious to Naruto. She still does care for Sasuke. It is unknown if he actually believes the other portion of her confession, but she did not lie about that.

I still don't get the "Your second best" feeling in her confession, even with the lie. It was a terrible way to say it, but that's obviously not what she meant at all.

Posted Image

#92 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 10 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The entire confession made it seem like Sasuke's second. He's no longer worth going for, she chose Naruto to be happy and safe over Sasuke. She was ready to throw Sasuke away for good, all for Naruto's happiness and well being.

We all know a portion of her confession is a lie. She still odes care for Sasuke, but obviously not more than Naruto. She said anything she could to make Naruto give up Sasuke. Of course, her lie was obvious to Naruto. She still does care for Sasuke. It is unknown if he actually believes the other portion of her confession, but she did not lie about that.

I still don't get the "Your second best" feeling in her confession, even with the lie. It was a terrible way to say it, but that's obviously not what she meant at all.

obviously huh, prove me wrong then.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#93 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What pairing do you support?
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#94 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 10 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What pairing do you support?
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#95 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

It doesn't matter what pairing he supports.

I implore you to look up the obvious definition of what a rebound relationship is and what's it's like.

Naruto and Sakura's relationship has never been anything similar to a rebound or "second best" relationship at all. Why would it suddenly turn into one at that moment?

Posted Image

#96 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

If Naruto would be a rebound for Sakura from Sasuke, then you must also consider Ranma as Akane's rebound from Doctor Tofu, and Kaoru as Kenshin's rebound from Tomoe. Honestly, just because she developed feelings for Naruto after she developed feelings for Sasuke does not make him rebound material.

If Naruto was "second best" to Sasuke for Sakura, then why, after being told that the rookies had decided Sasuke needed to die, was Sakura only shown thinking of Naruto's emotional pain? Where was Sasuke and his impending death sentence in her thoughts? Sakura straight up tells Naruto at the summit, "I don't want you chasing after Sasuke if it means putting yourself in danger!" though she said at the end of part one that she believes Naruto is the only one who can bring Sasuke back.

Thus, Sakura is obviously prioritizing Naruto's well-being over Sasuke's.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#97 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Listen, I could keep debating but that won't solve much. I'm just trying to say that it wouldn't be a good love story if Sakura just fell in love with Naruto while she was in love with Sasuke. I think Sakura has to make a choice between the 2 she loves when Sasuke has turned good again.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#98 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 11 2012, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Listen, I could keep debating but that won't solve much. I'm just trying to say that it wouldn't be a good love story if Sakura just fell in love with Naruto while she was in love with Sasuke. I think Sakura has to make a choice between the 2 she loves when Sasuke has turned good again.

yes thats a bad thing if she have to choose then sasuke haveto kill naruto not kill near death . then she would try to help him fighting with sasuke . then if naruto saves her then she would probably fell in love with him

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#99 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

She probably will choose.

But even if Sasuke suddenly returned good again, do you honestly believe the Sakura of now would just drop all relations with Naruto and run back into Sasuke's arms? *which she was never in in the first place, Sasuke has not returned her feelings just as Naruto has not returned Hinata's*

Even if Sasuke did return to Kohona, I doubt they'll all be on good terms. He tried to kill them multiple times. That's a fact. Sakura was ready to kill him at one point to relieve Naruto of pain. That's a fact. Even if she does have feelings for them, they won't grow if Sasuke does nothing but break it down every time they meet.

Sasuke returning also won't erase what Naruto and Sakura currently have going on between themselves. The feelings Sakura holds for Naruto, whether she realizes it or not, won't suddenly disappear just because Sasuke is around.

It is an interesting love story. The girl that at first scorned Naruto for everything she did and only admired the popular boy Sasuke has grown to love the guy who she grew up believing was an idiot, failure, and a disgrace. When presented with the opportunity to choose which she would go for -almost- all over again, will she choose the one who mutually care for her that she has actually been with and who has mutually supported through the hard times? Or the bad boy?

Even now, the question is murky. I, as many other NaruSaku fans, believe she will choose Naruto in the end. It would almost be insane if she didn't. But still, SasuSaku is always around the corner, no matter how terrible the couple actually is.

Edited by kirabook, 11 June 2012 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

#100 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jun 11 2012, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She probably will choose.

But even if Sasuke suddenly returned good again, do you honestly believe the Sakura of now would just drop all relations with Naruto and run back into Sasuke's arms? *which she was never in in the first place, Sasuke has not returned her feelings just as Naruto has not returned Hinata's*

Even if Sasuke did return to Kohona, I doubt they'll all be on good terms. He tried to kill them multiple times. That's a fact. Sakura was ready to kill him at one point to relieve Naruto of pain. That's a fact. Even if she does have feelings for them, they won't grow if Sasuke does nothing but break it down every time they meet.

Sasuke returning also won't erase what Naruto and Sakura currently have going on between themselves. The feelings Sakura holds for Naruto, whether she realizes it or not, won't suddenly disappear just because Sasuke is around.

It is an interesting love story. The girl that at first scorned Naruto for everything she did and only admired the popular boy Sasuke has grown to love the guy who she grew up believing was an idiot, failure, and a disgrace. When presented with the opportunity to choose which she would go for -almost- all over again, will she choose the one who mutually care for her that she has actually been with and who has mutually supported through the hard times? Or the bad boy?

Even now, the question is murky. I, as many other NaruSaku fans believe she will choose Naruto in the end. It would almost be insane if she didn't. But still, SasuSaku is always around the corner, no matter how terrible the couple actually is.

thats a different thing if he does i wish after the love.gif story

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users