#1 drummakidd

drummakidd

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:drums, guitar, recording/mixing, hanging out with friends

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

According to animenewsnetwork the last episode for this current arc of fillers will be 12-29-2011! So next year we'll MOST likely be back to canon material
Here's the list of episodes:

Sai's Rest
Sai no Kyūsoku
サイの休息

Sai's Day Off

The Legendary Ino-Shika-Cho
Densetsu no Inoshikachō
伝説の猪鹿蝶

Kiba's Determination
Kiba no Ketsui
キバの決意

Kakashi, My Eternal Rival
Kakashi, Eien no Raibaru yo
カカシ、永遠のライバルよ

Naruto's Oath
Naruto no Chikau
ナルトの誓い
Sea Adventure filler arc ends!

#2 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

Haven't we already got a episode where the title of ep.241 might fit?

Also I'm glad that there is going to be an end to those fillers.
To bad we have to wait 'till next year before having canon episodes again.

Also, anyone an idea about what Naruto's oath might be?

Edited by Torxe, 01 December 2011 - 09:03 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#3 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Dec 1 2011, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't we already got a episode where the title of ep.241 might fit?

Also I'm glad that there is going to be an end to those fillers.
To bad we have to wait 'till next year before having canon episodes again.

Also, anyone an idea about what Naruto's oath might be?

maybe it was his promise to Yamato about not using the nine-tails in order to protect people. but.. that sounds a bit too outdated. not sure tho.. so.. idk.. headscratch.gif

the only other one I can think of is what he told Sasuke. ( hope you remember cuse I don't want to risk spoiling. sweatdrop.gif I'm guessing it's either about Sakura or Sasuke.
those are the only 2 people he has made a "oath" too. right? sweat.gif

Edited by KeikoxYusuke, 09 December 2011 - 01:09 AM.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#4 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

For me, fillers have always been a mixed bag. At best, they can be fun little diversions that take a canon plot point like the mystery of what's behind Kakashi's mask, or a personality trait like Ino's rather superficial idea of what beauty is, and play around with it. They can also serve to reinforce things that have already been established in canon like this weeks episode, or elaborate on them like the Tenten episode from two weeks ago.

At worst however, they can be either terribly bland and forgettable like the one where Naruto tries to help a guy catch a giant fish which then turns out to be a summoning animal from the last shinobi war, or just a gross misinterpretation and/or exaggeration of a characters personality/traits like how the fillers exaggerate Sakura hitting Naruto to a ridiculous extent.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that we can get back to canon in January. There's just so many cool scenes that I can't wait to see animated. The waterfall of truth, Dark Naruto, meeting Kushina, fighting the Kyuubi, the flashback to when Madara (or Tobi or whoever he is) attacked the village and while we are at it, his fight with Konan. Yeah Konan right. You remember Konan. The blue haired Akatsuki chick who could turn into paper. God, it's been so long, it seems like the anime has barely moved forward in an entire year. sleep.gif

/rant

Edited by TerrorKing, 09 December 2011 - 02:15 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

And the new ending starts on episode 243.

#6 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

narutos oath sounds interesting.
i hope its about sakura and something related to 235 or his feelings for her (: Even if it's just filler... tongue.gif It'll still be awesome.

Edited by Fenris, 09 December 2011 - 02:56 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#7 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Dec 9 2011, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the new ending starts on episode 243.

interesting...I'm looking forward to a new opening too. I, to be honest, don't really find the current opening very enticing.
And I definitely called it when I said New Years would be when Naruto's anime returns to canon

#8 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 8 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
interesting...I'm looking forward to a new opening too. I, to be honest, don't really find the current opening very enticing.
And I definitely called it when I said New Years would be when Naruto's anime returns to canon

Yeah, I had the same thought. The current OP is just too weird. The sort-of Naru/Saku thing is nice, but other than that it's just too out there. Hopefully it changes by the time they get into some of the more epic canon stuff.

I like the current ED though. The song is catchy, the animation is well-done, and seeing Minato and Kushina in the end is just icing on the cake. I hope the new ED looks just as nice.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#9 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 9 2011, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I had the same thought. The current OP is just too weird. The sort-of Naru/Saku thing is nice, but other than that it's just too out there. Hopefully it changes by the time they get into some of the more epic canon stuff.

I like the current ED though. The song is catchy, the animation is well-done, and seeing Minato and Kushina in the end is just icing on the cake. I hope the new ED looks just as nice.

i hope the new opening tops the new ending XDDDDD (whenever it comes out) as an opening should

though this one was supper funny X333

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

My response to the fillers finally ending:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

I heard it was going to be ending January 5th either way I'm glad fillers will be over.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#12 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 9 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest I actually like current OP. Sure, it's pretty ridiculous, I'll admit that much, but it gives a bright, happy, comedic feel to the anime. Shippuden is a much more serious and darker anime than the original, but it's nice to see some happiness and even comedy in the openings and such, because for me it'd be pretty dull if it just had those "serious and epic" openings. Plus I have a feeling that the OP is going to change soon since we're going back to canon at the start of next year, so I guess this could be the final time for the anime team to make an OP that makes some viewers want to get in touch with their "cute and happy" side [or at least that's how I describe it]. As for the ED... best song choice IMO. But too much SasuNaru... again .____.

Anyways I'm so happy that the fillers are coming to an end. And "Naruto's Oath" sounds very fascinating.

JA2DBzd.png

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 9 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new opening won't air until April. As for the ED, the title is:

"By My Side" by Hemenway

I also suggest you guys to check their songs here:

Hemenway

They're pretty good. Judging by their style, it should fit the upcoming arc's mood. Although I was hoping for a female singer like AZU, for example.

As for the upcoming arc, I predict that after
The battle with Kisame ends,
they'll drag things out a bit with more fillers (not as long as the current one, I hope)

I think that we'll probably see some fillers like Kakashi meeting Ao, a little Shikatema episode, Kitsuchi's introduction, Gaara's reaction to him being voted as Commander General, etc.... should be good, IMO.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Knowing Pierot Nafruto's oath won't be nothing about Sakura but about Sasuke. Honestly they would prefer Naru/Sasu becomes canon than Naru/Saku. dry.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 09 December 2011 - 09:46 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#15 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 9 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knowing Pierot Nafruto's oath won't be nothing about Sakura but about Sasuke. Honestly they would prefer Naru/Sasu becomes canon than Naru/Saku. dry.gif

Well at least SN has a better chance at becoming canon than NH and SS right?

JA2DBzd.png

#16 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 9 2011, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest I actually like current OP. Sure, it's pretty ridiculous, I'll admit that much, but it gives a bright, happy, comedic feel to the anime. Shippuden is a much more serious and darker anime than the original, but it's nice to see some happiness and even comedy in the openings and such, because for me it'd be pretty dull if it just had those "serious and epic" openings. Plus I have a feeling that the OP is going to change soon since we're going back to canon at the start of next year, so I guess this could be the final time for the anime team to make an OP that makes some viewers want to get in touch with their "cute and happy" side [or at least that's how I describe it]. As for the ED... best song choice IMO. But too much SasuNaru... again .____.

Anyways I'm so happy that the fillers are coming to an end. And "Naruto's Oath" sounds very fascinating.

Aah you're correct. I love the new OP, too. I like the new ED too. Both have a touch of NS to them and the ED is beautiful with Minato and Kushina, and the OP is funny and cute too :'3

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#17 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 9 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well at least SN has a better chance at becoming canon than NH and SS right?

Right you are! That's what I worry about most. biggrin.gif

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

So they're kicking it to next year huh? Hmm. Well who here thinks they'll make fillers DURING the world war arc? mellow.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2011 - 04:18 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#19 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 10 2011, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So they're kicking it to next year huh? Hmm. Well who here thinks they'll make fillers DURING the world war arc? mellow.gif

THEY BETTER NOT.

But this is next year, who knows...

JA2DBzd.png

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

Never know Shanai-chan. they do it to stall. PAINFULLY stall argh1.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 December 2011 - 04:38 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users