47 replies to this topic

#21 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:07 AM

1. Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

It's wicked fun and I know lots of people here. biggrin.gif

2. How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

Oh, just about daily, usually after classes.

3. What do you most like to do on your visits?

Post in popular threads and read other posts.

4. How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

H&E is already pretty easy to use, and I'd say there isn't anything that needs to be added to make it easier (IMHO.)

5. Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

The banner could change from time to time, a cooler board skin, and that's about it.

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

Just the way it is. We already attract too much unwanted attention from certain groups. *cough* trolls *cough* dry.gif

7. What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

Firefox, baby!

8. Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?

PC.

Edited by Cloud, 19 October 2008 - 04:18 AM.

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

The Questions

Because it's become like a second home to me, that and I REALLY support the pairing.

A few times a day.

Post on other people's topics or create my own.

4. How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

It's pretty easy, I don't think any improvements are needed.

5. Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

No and I wouldn't change anything.

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

I like it the way it is but if it'll get more people to come here then maybe.

7. What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

Firefox 3.3

PC

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 19 October 2008 - 04:34 AM.

uc.png

#23 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

Because I'm used to the people who go here.

Twice a week. (Since school is back to haunt me)

Check out what's new at the Ichiraku section.

It's pretty easy. Nothing to be added.

No, I'd just leave it as it is.

Stay the way it is.

Serious Fox is serious. (Mozilla Firefox) And sometimes Internet Explorer on the laptop.

PC.
I am still pinky-ash

#24 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

Well, for one thing, it's not a fandom battlefield unlike other forums. Also, the whole atmosphere (that is crazy and abnormal) is perfect for a guy like me. It's a good place to unwind and watch the hilarious antics and sometimes laugh your ass off. Aside from some problems from members, it's a real bash-free place to be in, at worse, you'd get a stern lecture from Shauna-sama. And of course, to bow down Shriner-Nate-sama's infinite wisdom and squinting-large posts w00t.gif It's also nice that serious matters such as politics and world events are discussed here, so those of us without a life *cough cough* are somewhat still connected to the real world. Oh and of course, Krisk-chan's always fun to talk with.

H&E's my web browser homepage, so almost everyday I visit.

Usually check out if Naruto's updated, read random news from Shauna-sama, fool around in Ichiraku Ramen and Fun Cafe.

It's very easy, in fact, H&E was my very first forum I've ever posted, and the first website I've joined...er I think, so it helped me learn how forums and emoticons, especially emoticons!, work.

Well, H&E's perfect the way it is, I do agree on the banner and new skins thing though. I've noticed that many of our members are quite knowledgeable about electronics, I was wondering if we could have a "Tech Help" Geek Squad kinda thing set up where members can go ask for help regarding electronic equipment.

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is? Well, if you mean expanding beyond a forum or beyond NaruSaku, I don't think so. It might upset the delicate and silly world we live in H&E (and yes, I do think it's delicate)

Firefox

Uh....laptop ain't a PC is it?

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 19 October 2008 - 06:32 AM.

#25 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?
H&E provides me an outlet for my Naruto-related interests. Not only that, the site also is more than just that; it's a place where I can discuss almost anything with other members. The fact that H&E doesn't have huge disputes or arguments like some other communities I've seen is a bonus too. Though Naruto and Sakura as a pair is the main focus, everyone is welcome here. That's definitely a positive aspect of this place.

How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?
Almost daily, lol. A few times, depending on how active everyone is.

What do you most like to do on your visits?
Fun Cafe topics, discuss matters related to the various manga series like Bleach and of course Naruto. LC is also one of the things I enjoy most about this site.

How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?
Amazingly easy. As they say, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' As of right now, I don't think there's any major problems for me with H&E. :thumbs:

Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?
Hm...I don't see any real shortcomings with the site. However, some things I'd like to see are maybe more fanfic/fanart contests. Let's see...well, that's one. A second thing could maybe be to have a few more mods around to help monitor forums and the LC from time to time. Third? Well, I would maybe like to see the H&E banner changed every once in awhile. I like the picture, don't get me wrong, but a change is always welcome once in awhile with scenery.

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
Nah, H&E's smaller community size with just forums is nice. Keeps massive groups from joining for no reason whatsoever. With larger crowds comes greater demand for monitoring the site. It'd probably get hectic in my opinion.

What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Internet Explorer 6, though I do have Firefox, just use it less.

Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?
PC

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#26 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

1.Spoilers, chapters, peoples perspectives etc.

2. pretty often

3. see the answer to 1

4. Pretty Easy

5.I don't have a problem with the way things are

6.Why not?

7.IE

8. Im a pc. sleep.gif
\

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

Okay, Smiter has fully explained what he meant with question #6:

So, if any of you who have already answered, would like to change your answer for #6 after reading the explanation below, you can re-post your reply, edit your original answer, or leave your original answer as is happy.gif

I guess what I'm trying to put across is the possibility of changing the structure of H&E so that it comes across as more of a website than a forum. For a rough example, Mangahelpers changed from a forum design to a website design. So, if you were to type in www.narusaku.com, the first page you would see wouldn't be the forums, but a welcome/news page that also highlights contests/features. Like this:

Current H&E:
Forums (home page)
Gallery
Library

Possible H&E:
Welcome/news/features (home page)
Forums
Gallery
Library
Wiki (NaruSaku essays, character bios, jutsus, etc.)

Like the current H&E, all sections of the possible H&E would be linked so you can still use your existing forum login to comment/create/upload in the new sections. The new format would also give us more freedom in the designing and layout of H&E, without making it look cluttered.

#28 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Its fun here and a habit.

I try to visit at least once a day.

Look at new posts and post myself

How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?
Easy.

Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?
Not really

Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?
stay the way it is.
What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Internet explorer
Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?[/b]
Pc

Edited by light.keyblade.master, 19 October 2008 - 03:14 PM.

Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#29 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

To chat around happy.gif

Atleast once a day

Chacking new fanfiction and writing on the fourm

Easy as giblin pie

Nope

On one hand, it would be great to see this place getting bigger, a sure sign about how much Narusaku has grown.
On the other hand, power corrupts (or as others said, Narutofan)

Internet Explorer

PC

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#30 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

1. I like to read what's going on and make friends with people on the boards. I like to hear people's ideas.. see artwork, read written work, etc.

2. I get on everyday.. about an hour I guess? Because of school recently I haven't been able to post much at all! sad.gif

3. I'm going with what I put on number one. Fanfics, viewing debates, and artwork. happy.gif

4. It's not too tricky.. happy.gif I had a few problems, but not too many with the new updates.. Finding out how to accept friends was my hardest conquest. tongue.gif

5. I don't think there's anything to fix on here. I believe you can always add new features.. I can't think of any. tongue.gif

6. I like the site how it is, one of my favourite Naruto related sites.

7. Firefox.

8. PC.

#31 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

First mod doing this.

1) Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

This site was the very first forum community I ever joined. Not only of looking for chapter spoilers and discussions, fanfiction, the goodness of NaruSaku addiction (I like to add :teehee: ) or other topics but for the members whom I become great online friends with. This is the community, or should I say atmosphere, I'm actually fit into.

2) How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

Every single day and moment.

3) What do you most like to do on your visits?

I check everything, from new spoilers, discussions, randomness, news, everything.

4) How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

As I said before, this site is my first time using forums and it's very simple. Other sites (like Narutofan) are a pain to use.

5) Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

If I can explain this well, there aren't any shortcomings I had seen or hear for the past 3 years I had joined. I contribute many ideas as I can (banner changes sounds good) and hopefully, those ideas will become helpful and useful for the site as time passes.

6) Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

Either or (I mean the options of in forums as part of it with the communtity website and stay the same). As long it is easy to access and being able to talk and communicate with the other members.

7) What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

Internet Explorer 7. (If down, I use Firefox or Opera).

8) Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?

PC

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#32 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

1) Why do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

It's a forum where opinions can be given without erupting into crazy anonymous mudflinging. XD (Like at larger fansites.)

2) How often do you like to visit Heaven & Earth?

I type the url anytime I'm online. XD I can't guarantee that I always log in, but I do at least lurk. :3

3) What do you most like to do on your visits?

I check the art forums, spoiler updates, ramen bar threads and any other interestign topic I happen to find.

4) How easy is H&E for you to use? Is there anything you feel could help make it easier for you to use?

It's mega easy to use. XD It's very straightforward. (For new members though, maybe a direct link to the FAQ from the front page could be helpful. I know it's in the Announcements area, but I feel like it'd be easier to get to that way if someone signs up and has no idea where to go. happy.gif;;)

5) Are there any shortcomings you feel H&E has, and what three things would you change/add on the site today if you could?

I already told the only thing I'd improve. XD

6) Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is?

I would kind of like it to stay the way it is just because it is a more familiar community. I understand that new members are needed, but I don't want it to turn into a website where everyone's totally lost in anonymity. We sign up for the NaruSaku, but stay for the members, ain't that right? XD

7) What internet browser do you normally use? (Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox, Opera, etc.)

Internet Explorer

8) Do you use a Mac or PC (or both)?

PC
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#33 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

For one, I enjoy NaruSaku and it is fun to be in a community with other people that enjoy it. ^__^
    For two, it doesn't have a whole hanker of unwanted adds and isn't IMPOSSIBLE to get around in. =_=;;;
    That's partially why this is the only forum I'm registered in.
    When I can. (Which is more often than not, 1 to 2 times a day.)
    To be completely honest, I go straight to the Fic Listin’
    (Though, being a fanfiction/fanwriter devotee, I guess that’s not so surprising)
    …with an occasional check-up for links to the latest Naruto chapter/anime episode…random threads that pop up and whatnot.
    Generally, it’s almost grade-school simple, however; the signatures still have got me bamboozled.
    (But that has more to do w/ my lack of photoshop and computer-knowledge than anything else.)
    So I guess a bit more “oomph” to the F.A.Q. section would be a good adjustment.
    I dunno…more postable Smilys? biggrin.gif And perhaps certain "Advice" or "Request" sections.
    Requests would be asking help from long time members.
    Advice would be for art, writing, etc...because people keep posting in sections (namely in the Fiction Press -__-) simply to:
    A.) Advertise their stuff, or B.) Ask advice (mostly newbies)
    Also, some brand of (full-site) censorship would be gladly appreciated (on my part, at least) especially as this fansite gets larger and LARGER as new members pour in.
    The new layout seems interesting. The "Wiki" section sounds especially appealing...(Plus, organized data-bases are always welcomed in MY book)
    As long as the Homepage design is good and the member numbers don't get horrendously overpopulated...
    (A.K.A. Everything gets a HECK of a lot more complicated, unfamiliar, and UN H&E)
    I'm all for it. :thumbs:
    (A lot of the long-time standing members will probably not be so happy about it though...which is completely understandable.)
    Internet Explorer 7
    PC (Mac…? I WISH. =_= *sighs*)

Edited by Gena kumo, 20 October 2008 - 04:39 AM.

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#34 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

As of lately, I haven't. XD, but to talk to friends and check up on the fic listing.
At least once aday.
Check profiles, Check the fanlisting thread, and Check Ichiraku subsection.
Fairly easy, compared to the other forums I have been to. =)
No Shortcomings.

A. New Layout. XDDD! Not really something I would change, but it would be nice to see a new look. XDD!
B. None.
C. None

Yes, but I don't think a NaruSaku Wiki is needed.
Firefox 3.
PC - Windows XP SP1
Comments:
I REALLY, REALLY love the fact that when you log in/make a post that there's no "You have logged in, you will be redirected in a few seconds" crap. I HATE, HATE, HATEHATEHATE those! biggrin.gif

#35 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

1. I like to discuss varies things regarding anime related topics. Plus, I made some co- interesting friends here.

2. Daily(once per day)

3. Reply in topics I find interesting and chat with friends.

4. Everything is user friendly.

5. None

6. Stay the same

7. Firefox

8. PC

Edited by Zero BD, 20 October 2008 - 07:59 AM.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#36 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

General Updates and discussion on Naruto as well as NaruSaku specifically.

Everyday or every alternate day.

Browse the site, make some replies and take a look at the Fic listing to check for updates.

For most part, it's easy. I've got other forums to attend to, so I don't really spend much time here.

I think those who've used this site more would answer that question better.

I'd like this expanded into a full-feature NaruSaku community site. I think it would be worth the effort.

Google Chrome and Safari. I used to love my fox, but I haven't used it since I got chrome.

Both.

Edited by EarthBorn, 20 October 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#37 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:35 PM

Well, its a place I can be myself, for one. For another, its a place where NaruSaku shippers aren't shot at for voicing their opinion.

Varies depending on many, various factors.

Browse.

Well, TBH, I am still getting used to the new stuff since the last up-date, I do find and use what I need to easily.

Well, IMHO, a more NaruSaku or even more Naruto themed forum skin would be nice.

NaruSaku community website. IMHO, we need to get our voice on this most obvious of pairings more out there.

Internet Explorer 7

PC.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#38 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Friendly atmoshphere and competent authors are the main reason I visit.

Several times a day, sometimes more.

Check new posts to see if anything grabs my interest.

The forums are fine, nice and simple.

There's no real focus other than the couple and fanfiction. Maybe give members something else to do once in a while?

Community websites have a habit of becoming evil blobs of death and corruption, so I'd say stay the same.

K-Meleon. Is simple and nice, it is.

PC. Mac just doesn't have enough programs to interest me.

#39 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

Current Naruto manga discussion and the occasional interesting Ichiraku Ramen Bar thread. Its a friendly place.
Best place to find good Naruto fanfics.
Two or three times a week.
Read posts on the current manga threads. Theyre usually insightful and have a unique perspective. (especially Nate River and Smiter)
Catch up on the updates for the NaruSaku fics I read, and to look for new ones.
Nice and easy. I love the blue colors. The blues are easy on the eyes. I HATE bright red/yellow/orange forums
Dont censor conflicts in threads. Arguments are good and have their place. They dont belong in current manga or anime threads, but they should be allowed to exist in the Ichiraku Ramen Bar
I like the way it is. We dont need links for jutsus and character bios. There are PLENTY of other websites for that.
The latest version of Firefox
Windows all the way

#40 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

I don't really know anymore. I just like reading about the latest crazy Naru-couple related things or any updates in the series...

Occasionally. Every day if I'm bored enough.

Read.

Nope. It's pretty easy already.

Nah. It's good.

6. Would you like to see Heaven & Earth become a NaruSaku community website (with the forums still a part of it), or stay the way it is? - Click here for a detailed explanation of this question
Oh, hell no. That would completely destroy this site all together. Let's keep it the way it is, 'kay?

Firefox.

PC

Edited by GobiKitsune, 21 October 2008 - 11:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users