237 replies to this topic

#161 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

James, I applaud you yet again. First the "anarchy" post, and now this. You're really kicking @$$.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#162 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 10 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....Square one? argh1.png Damn. I really thought that Hinata had been over Naruto. shamefulcry0js.gif It's kinda sad to see that all of that build-up be shattered and start from the beggining. hm.png

Now, I geuss it's up to Naruto who he really wants to be with. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be Sakura. a_thumbs.gif

Yamato... Where are you?! shamefulcry0js.gif

Oh my god. Next week couldn't come any slower. argh1.png

its never been up to naruto! its always been up to sakura. shes the swinging pendulum here, her decision will decided whether naruto is single or with the girl of his dreams.......

whether hes a jiraiya...or a minato.........

Edited by merryGOflava, 10 February 2012 - 04:56 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#163 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 10 2012, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James, I applaud you yet again. First the "anarchy" post, and now this. You're really kicking @$$.

Thanks.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#164 Fickly

Fickly

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Also, Naruto didn't really look into Hinata's eyes in 559, nor mentioned anything about the confessions. In fact, I remember him having his back towards her, while Naruto looked into Sakura's eyes straight forward. So what does that mean? You think for someone who just got told someone loved him he would have a response after....what 100 chapters? Hell, if he can tell Hinata she is strong in the middle of a battlezone and Hinata can confess her love for him in the middle of the Pein fight. I am pretty sure, Naruto would have given her an answer by now. So what do we take that as?

Are you denying Naruto's words? Naruto' himself said; he knew what Hinata thought just by looking in her eyes. Not surprised you're ignoring it considering NS fans loves doing that '' ignoring''.

There is facts and there is speculations, there is theories and then there is fabrications. This is a fabrication. You say you care about Hinata and her feelings, but what about Naruto's feelings? What if he doesn't love her or sees her as a platonic love? I see it as being Platonic. "It's official, NaruHina is strictly platonic. Hinata totally sees Naruto as a brother and she wants to protect him like he was protecting her. 100% sure it will work" See I can make statements too. Doesn't mean they are right.

If Kishi was to have Naruto answer "you're a great friend but I like someone else", he certainly wouldn't go about it the way he did in this chapter as that would be setting her up for a massive dissapointment. There was ample time for Naruto to gently turn her down, but instead, we see that she is more determined and confident than she ever was. Naruto is not a jerk, if the answer was a simple "thanks but I'm not interested", he would have told Hinata long ago instead of letting her keep her hopes up. He knows what a unrequited love feels like.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Naruto have moments of every kind: Romantic, anger, confession, admiration, depression, jealousy, and especially supportive. Hinata really knows nothing of Naruto, but Sakura knows everything. She knows how he thinks, breathes, and how he feels. She knows just what he needs and she knows she can be the one to give it to him. Whether it be support or something more. She wants to do the best for him and take his pain away. I don't hear Hinata jumping on that one. Hinata just doesn't see the Naruto Sakura does and this is what faults her. Being a teammate was a big help on Sakura's part.

This is the biggest factor is any romance story: Interaction. NaruSaku has tons of it. Most of the manga has them two together experiencing everything together and they know more about each other than anyone knows about them. Though I think Naruto is a bit stupid when it comes to girls, but he is a guy. All us guys are like that. That is the one big thing NaruSaku has. It is not one or two moments of love. It's a whole manga of experience that keeps on going. It doesn't need to be romantic, it can be as simple as them getting along while walking down a road or Naruto telling a joke every now and then. It doesn't all have to be romantic to be a "moment."

So much emphasis has been put on Sakura's feelings for Sasuke lately, and so little nothing on Naruto's feelings for Sakura, that I believe you are mistaken in your analysis. For NS to happen, a LOT of development would be needed to repair the damage caused to it in the kage meeting arc.

Seriously, Sakura has acknowledged the hero and good man Naruto has become, so Kishi burned one of his major tool for turning Sakura around with that.

He also ruined the "Sakura finding out Naruto loves her" by having a 3rd party confess for him.

He also ruined MANY old NS moments with the Kage meeting arc. You can't say anymore that Yamato implied romantic love with his comment, not after his reaction to Sakura's confession. You also can't say "Sakura has been slowly falling in love with Naruto" <insert feeding/blushing/etc scene here> because Sakura herself revealed that she never looked at Naruto in a romantic way.

So all the "romantic development" between NS actually never happen, it was wishful thinking.

On the other hand, Kishi has revealed NOTHING of Naruto's romantic feelings ever since Hinata confessed. The door is still open there, while he would have to pretty much start over with Sakura -> Naruto.

All that Sai's flashback did was remind us that when Hinata confessed, Naruto still had feelings for someone else (since the flashback took place BEFORE Hinata confessed). But don't you find it awfully convenient that Kishi has not touched Naruto's feelings for either of them since? We've had plenty of Hinata -> Naruto and Sakura -> Sasuke moments. But no Naruto -> Sakura one. If Naruto is still sooooo in love with Sakura, why isn't it showing? Up to Hinata's confession we always had sporadic reminders of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. But not since then...

It's Kishi himself that is emphasing Hinata and Sakura's romantic feelings while neglecting Naruto, the fans are just taking what he is giving them.

If Naruto's feelings for Sakura are still as strong as ever, why isn't it showing while we had plenty of demonstrations from Sakura and Hinata?

Hinata has always been extremely insightful when it comes to Naruto. She wouldn't be this confident without reasons. She obviously took his "don't be so hard on yourself, you're strong" comment as an insentive to keep going, and I think she was right to.

Oh and...goes back to celebrating. Will be back here if someone answer me.

Edited by Fickly, 10 February 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#165 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 10 2012, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Naruto's feelings for Sakura are still as strong as ever, why isn't it showing while we had plenty of demonstrations from Sakura and Hinata?

Maybe it's because the entire shinobi nation is at War? That's my best guess. One thing you forget is that Naruto has matured. He's not the same brash 'shout out everything on his mind' kid. Over the course of Part II, he's grown some restraint. There are more pressing matters at hand, moreso than confessing to the girl you like. His mind is focused on two things right now: 1) Defeating Tobi/Madara/Mr. He who shall not be named and 2) Finishing things with Sasuke either through redemption or something else. After those two goals are over, then he'll probably devote time to romance and the like, but that's really secondary to the grand scheme of things.

Also, we're all getting fixated on one part of the chapter, which is Hinata's feelings towards Naruto. Yes, she has them. Yes, she still cares about him. There no denying that. But the entire point of those scenes showing the Konoha 11's feelings were to show how much everyone cared for Naruto and wanted to fight for him. Everyone was affected by Naruto one way or another. You see that in Kiba and Chouji's dialogues and even Sai having some worry for him. He's changed them. Hinata's dialogue is more apparent because he has always been the catalyst to make sure want to do more. I do think it's fine to celebrate that you like Hinata and you want her to be with Naruto, but let's not say that the interactions with Sakura are defunct, because they're not.

Technically, it's all up in the air. Naruto hasn't expressed to either girls over their confessions. You can argue points plus/minus for both girls depending on what you see and what your favor is, but it's ultimately going to be Naruto's decision: one he hasn't finalized yet.

In Sakura's favor, he has had a crush on her and he hasn't said anything to the effect today that those feelings have gone away. And in all of those reasons you cite as an end-game to Sakura's love for Naruto; not necessarily. Are they bumps in the road? Sure, but what stable relationship doesn't have them. The strongest ones are those that have bumps, but know how to overcome them. So it's not an end game yet.

And at least it's nothing as dramatic as someone trying to stab you through the heart or almost kill you while killing their worst enemy *cough* Sasuke *cough*

So while I can appreciate your enthusiam for your pairing, I think you come to a conclusion too soon. The door has not closed on Narusaku as it hasn't on Naruhina. Heck, someone could even argue that it hasn't for Narusasu and they're probably right. That being said, keep your mind open.
End of line.

#166 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 10 2012, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you denying Naruto's words? Naruto' himself said; he knew what Hinata thought just by looking in her eyes. Not surprised you're ignoring it considering NS fans loves doing that '' ignoring''.

On the contrary, we pay attention. Now, I won't argue with your point here because whether he looked in her eyes or not doesn't matter to me. Whether he looked or not, it doesn't confirm NaruHina.

If Kishi was to have Naruto answer "you're a great friend but I like someone else", he certainly wouldn't go about it the way he did in this chapter as that would be setting her up for a massive dissapointment. There was ample time for Naruto to gently turn her down, but instead, we see that she is more determined and confident than she ever was. Naruto is not a jerk, if the answer was a simple "thanks but I'm not interested", he would have told Hinata long ago instead of letting her keep her hopes up. He knows what a unrequited love feels like.

You know, you're assuming quite a lot. You're implying that Naruto has romantic feelings for her...which, after more than 550 chapters, we haven't seen any evidence of. Even if you count the "eyes" thing as a romantic event, there are tons of NaruSaku moments to counter that. NaruHina's development is severely outnumbered by NaruSaku's.

So much emphasis has been put on Sakura's feelings for Sasuke lately, and so little nothing on Naruto's feelings for Sakura, that I believe you are mistaken in your analysis. For NS to happen, a LOT of development would be needed to repair the damage caused to it in the kage meeting arc.

And...? Of course emphasis has been put on her feelings for Sasuke. Those feelings have been holding her down for the entire series. She still cares about him, but as showed by 540, she is not happy about it one bit. Now, anyone can tell you with the utmost certainty that if you're not happy about loving someone, then chances are you aren't going to try to strengthen or pursue that love in any way. I know that from experience.
Also, damage in the kage meeting arc? Let's take a closer look at what happened there. She tried to kill Sasuke to help Naruto, to relieve Naruto's burden of his POAL. However, she couldn't do it because Sasuke is still a former teammate of hers. Sure, she might have romantic feelings for him, but, again, those aren't nearly enough to want a relationship with him. After what he's done, she can never go back to him. He tried to kill her, and it'd be foolish, stupid, and self destructive of her to go back to him. Not to mention it'd murder her character development.
Now, back to Sakura's feelings for Naruto. If she was willing to kill Sasuke to relieve him of his promise, what does that say to you about how close she feels to him? Sakura is conflicted between both of them. She has lingering feelings for Sasuke which are hard to kill (considering he was her first crush), and she's grown to care deeply for Naruto (as is evident throughout Part 2). She's in a hell of a predicament here. Yes, there will need to be some development done in order to resolve her feelings for Sasuke, but the amount of development needed there is nowhere near the amount of development that NaruHina will need in order to be plausible on Naruto's side.

Seriously, Sakura has acknowledged the hero and good man Naruto has become, so Kishi burned one of his major tool for turning Sakura around with that.

... laugh.gif I highly doubt being a hero would be enough for her to want a relationship with him, anyways. She's not as shallow as that.

He also ruined the "Sakura finding out Naruto loves her" by having a 3rd party confess for him.

So what if a 3rd party confessed for him? He obviously loves her, so it's not a lie. He wouldn't have told her out of his little self denial that she still only loves Sasuke (which, yes, Naruto will have to escape that denial sooner or later for NaruSaku to happen). He didn't ask anyone to tell her. So tell me, how did that ruin anything? I don't understand. NaruSaku doesn't need an overdramatic confession to rely on; it has enough backbone without one.

He also ruined MANY old NS moments with the Kage meeting arc. You can't say anymore that Yamato implied romantic love with his comment, not after his reaction to Sakura's confession. You also can't say "Sakura has been slowly falling in love with Naruto" <insert feeding/blushing/etc scene here> because Sakura herself revealed that she never looked at Naruto in a romantic way.

... Actions speak way more than words, my friend. Her actions say something that her words don't. Actions > words. That's common sense. On top of that, what does Yamato's reaction have to do with anything? I'd be pissed at the timing of it myself, if I were him, whether it were true or not.
Kishi did not ruin many old NS moments with that arc.

So all the "romantic development" between NS actually never happen, it was wishful thinking.

Never actually happened?... Which manga have you been reading?
Or, I could just reply with this: all of the romantic development between NH and SS was wishful thinking, way more than NS. Think about it. Both NH and SS have been one-sided throughout the whole series. NH is wishful thinking on Hinata's part (Naruto hasn't shown any signs of loving her), and SS was wishful thinking on Sakura's part (when Sasuke wanted nothing to do with her romantically, and still doesn't to this day). Your argument is rendered invalid. Onto your next point.

On the other hand, Kishi has revealed NOTHING of Naruto's romantic feelings ever since Hinata confessed. The door is still open there, while he would have to pretty much start over with Sakura -> Naruto.

Again, actions speak louder than words. None of Naruto's actions have shown him to love Hinata, not in the whole series.
Kishi would have to start over with Sakura -> Naruto? Lol. Are you kidding? Do I really have to waste my time replying to that? I guess I do.
All of the events in the past happened, whether you like it or not. They happened. That is an undeniable fact. The kage summit arc was not enough to kill Sakura's feelings for Naruto, nor the other way around.
Forgive me if my argument isn't as extensive as you would like on this part; I just find it odd that I'd have to reply to something so... blind? Not sure how to describe that "argument" of yours exactly.

All that Sai's flashback did was remind us that when Hinata confessed, Naruto still had feelings for someone else (since the flashback took place BEFORE Hinata confessed). But don't you find it awfully convenient that Kishi has not touched Naruto's feelings for either of them since? We've had plenty of Hinata -> Naruto and Sakura -> Sasuke moments. But no Naruto -> Sakura one. If Naruto is still sooooo in love with Sakura, why isn't it showing? Up to Hinata's confession we always had sporadic reminders of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. But not since then...

It's called "milking". He's trying to make the other pairings seem plausible on the surface in order to keep the pairing "wars" going to evoke interest and anxiety out of his audience, making them want to keep reading.
You hit the nail on the head. Hinata -> Naruto moments and Sakura -> Sasuke moments. Naruto, again, hasn't shown anything for Hinata in the whole series. If he starts now out of absolutely nowhere, that will be inconsistent, atrocious storytelling. On top of that, the Sakura -> Sasuke moments have been incredibly negative. There's no positive pairing progression there. As for the Naruto -> Sakura... Naruto has kinda been chasing her for, I don't know, the entire series? Also, he showed up to save Sakura just a few chapters ago and was looking straight at her with a smile on his face. Doesn't look like he's holding any grudges there. He also still called her "Sakura-chan", a little habit of his.

It's Kishi himself that is emphasing Hinata and Sakura's romantic feelings while neglecting Naruto, the fans are just taking what he is giving them.

I can agree with that.

He was training with Bee. Then he escaped onto the battlefield. Has been fighting constantly.
In all fairness, he has shown some of his feelings. He expressed to Sakura that he held no grudges about what happened before, and to Hinata that he was thankful for what she did to him and that she can, and should in fact, stand on her own two feet. If we want to be unbiased here, let's slate both of those as cancelling each other out, for the sake of argument.

Hinata has always been extremely insightful when it comes to Naruto. She wouldn't be this confident without reasons. She obviously took his "don't be so hard on yourself, you're strong" comment as an insentive to keep going, and I think she was right to.

Insightful? She doesn't know him to nearly the extent that Sakura does. Hinata has shown to not have nearly as much faith in him as Sakura. In the latest chapter, she said "I'll be there to hold your hand", like he needs to be babied along and taken care of. The other characters have shown to have faith in him, as they all stayed behind in the Pein fight and trusted him. What did Hinata do? She tried to "save" him. Insightful? She doesn't know him nearly as much as she did in Part 1. Not anymore.

It's your move.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 10 February 2012 - 06:24 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#167 4000TMNT

4000TMNT

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Feb 10 2012, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you a lot for the raw!

Now that I see the raw I have to change my opinion of saying that what Hinata says wasn't meant to be romantic.
It is romantic.

She wants to hold hands intimately.
She's not going to chase him, because she wants to walk with the same pace as him.
She's pleading for him to wait for her.

So we're back to square one, nothing new as always laugh.gif
Hinata>Naruto>Sakura>?

Hey narunaru, can you tell by the raw, if sakura might have some romantic tone to her speech about Naruto, also if Hinata sounded like she hopes to be with Naruto or she knows for a fact that she will be with Naruto after the war.

Edited by 4000TMNT, 10 February 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#168 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Welcome to the NS boards Fickly biggrin.gif

Mind if I join in the debate with you?

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 11 2012, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't disagree with you here.

Why is Naruto a jerk?
Are saying Naruto is a jerk because he didn't answer to Hinata's feelings yet?
I can think of two possible reasons as to why Naruto's response to Hinata isn't shown yet.
1.) Hinata's confession wasn't expecting an answer.
The purpose of the confession was not to expect an answer or to know Naruto's feelings. The purpose was to let Naruto know how Hinata feels about them.
2.) It was already addressed and will be shown in flashback later.
I think this is very plausible. Just think of it. Why would Kishi want to resolve the pairings early if it will lose the interest of pairing fans who pays him lots of money? By keeping the pairing unresolved until the very end, he can keep loyal readers of all pairings.

I think the two reasons above are enough explanation of Naruto not answering her confession. Therefore, even if Naruto's response to Hinata is a rejection it doesn't make him a jerk.

Also, I would like to know why Naruto's acknowledgment of Hinata("I can see you are strong in your eyes") will lead to a huge disappointment if he rejects her? Is Hinata the type of character who will accept acknowledgement from only people who will love her back? (If this is the case, Hinata sounds more of a jerk than you accuse of Naruto imo)

In part 1, there is an example of how being acknowledged by somebody who doesn't return your feelings aren't considered as a huge disappointment. In the forest of death, Sakura never returned Lee's feelings but she acknowledged him saying that "Because of you I feel I became stronger."
Did Lee expect Sakura to return his feelings after she said that and get disappointed when she didn't?
No, he was crying happy that Sakura acknowledged him, and he still loves her.

I agree that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were shown lately. But the point is how it was shown. When the love letter ninja said, "He must be a great guy" did Sakura agree to him? Nope. She looked sad when she remembered Sasuke.

"So little to nothing on Naruto's feelings for Sakura?"
Is Naruto saying, "How can I? When I can't even keep my promises" little?
He doesn't feel worthy enough to confess to Sakura until he fulfills his promise.
That just shows how deep his feelings for Sakura are.
It also shows why there aren't many panels on why Naruto isn't actively trying to pursue Sakura.

And may I ask what kind of damage was caused in the kage meeting?
They seem to act comfortable around each other after the team 7 reunion, at the ramen shop(when Tsunade recovered) and at the medic camp.
I don't see any damage here.

If Sakura falls in love with Naruto because he's a hero and good man, I wouldn't ship NaruSaku.
I fell in love because you're a hero. Sandaime and Kakashi is a hero too.
I fell in love because you're a good man. Lee is a good man too.
You don't fall in love because of reasons.
You just fall in love or not, whatever the reasons or timing.
And I can say this because there really isn't any reasons for Sakura to be in love with Sasuke yet she loved/loves him.

Why is having a 3rd party confessing for him ruining, "Sakura finding out Naruto loves her"?
The point was that EVEN a 3rd party can see Naruto loves her.

He also ruined MANY old NS moments with the Kage meeting arc.

Again how can the Kage meeting ruin the old NS moments?
As I said previously, I just don't see their relationship damaged with the way they interacted.

You can't say anymore that Yamato implied romantic love with his comment, not after his reaction to Sakura's confession.

Actually, I don't care about this scene and I don't think it's a NS proof so I will skip commenting.
You also can't say "Sakura has been slowly falling in love with Naruto" <insert feeding/blushing/etc scene here> because Sakura herself revealed that she never looked at Naruto in a romantic way.

When did she reveal that? I need a panel.

The point is NS has the most positive mutual development between the two.
From Sakura looking down on him, to the point of acknowledging him as one of her most important person(If you have to raise Sakura's top three most important person, Naruto will definitely rank in).

Are you seriously saying that Naruto's feelings for Sakura will change because a girl he didn't care for suddenly confessed to him?

The many amounts of Hinata->Naruto moments isn't changing anything because it's still one-sided.
It's also shown a lot because her character revolves around her love life.
And as I said above, the recent Sakura-> Sasuke moments are all negative. Ex.) Sakura trying to kill Sasuke, being ashamed of loving him.

Because Naruto is not a pairing fodder.

Could you tell me a panel where Hinata is insightful when it comes to Naruto?
When Hinata was afraid that Naruto might be beaten by Kiba, while Kakashi and Sakura had complete faith in Naruto?
when Hinata was worried that Naruto got beaten up by Tobi, during the bring back Sasuke with team 8 mission and Sakura had to convince her that Naruto is alright?
If anything, I would think that Hinata has a lack of faith/trust in Naruto.

Edited by narunarunaru, 10 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#169 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 10 2012, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#170 Huke

Huke

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

It was great to see how everyone is so eager to join Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Guy in fight against Tobi. Everyone except the Hyuuga kids, ie Neji and Hinata. It was kind of strange why Neji is the only one from Konoha 11 who didn't react to Inoichi's speech. He probably went to this war just to protect Hinata... *sighs* To be honest, I was really shocked to find out that she didn't give up on Naruto! It sounded like she's 100% sure that she will become his girlfried, and the worst thing is that she sounded so confident that for some crazy moment I thought "RIP, NaruSaku". And that's not the most irritating part of her monologue: unlike Kiba, Ino, Shikamaru and everyone else Hinata sounded really self-centered... The guys think how to stop the war/help their comrades, while Hinata is making plans to make Naruto hers.

I'm still not sure whether it's a trolling or Kishimoto is making NaruHina canon ( why? ), I just hope to see a happy ( NaruSaku ) ending.

Edited by Huke, 10 February 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#171 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Those in glass houses....

And, yet, he also never confirms anything for her, either. If he's going to be that blunt that quickly why not confirm for her hopes rather than letting her twist in the wind, the pratical effect of what he has done. Why wait, really? Naruto's operating assumptions for Sakura have are at this point openly stated and long standing. Even as early the end of Part 1, it was clear that he believed her love was with Sasuke. This was part of the point with POAL. So with three years of time, several hundred chapters, and an open invitation, he makes no attempt to get over those feelings with ANYONE at any point and continues to sit on a unrequited love for three years.

And then, when given that open invitation by Hinata nearly 100 chapters ago...he does nothing?

I'm not going to take the extra step and say this means he will never or cannot change. I think it's bridge too far with the evidence at hand, but it absolutely means that his failure to shoot her down in the immediately aftermath is utterly inconsequential.

If you want to say it's because of the war then that is available to me too.

And you make the mistake of placing too much emphasis on time gaps; assuming that because Naruto's feelings are not constantly restated they must be changing or will change. There was an emormous time gap between her fight with Pain and her previous appear and there was no significant change. There was a big one between Naruto's restatement of feelings for Sakura between Part 1 and Part 2 without change.

You make the assumption without evidence (and with plenty of evidence to the contrary) that the fact Kishimoto is not constantly restating Naruto feelings he must not have them. NS fans made this mistake with Hinata and now your doing it with Naruto with an even smaller time gap.

This is significant is because....? I heard this argument trotted out before, but given what thinks at the moment, I've not hear a good explanation about why we should care. So a 3rd party did it? So what?

This is a non-sequiter. Yamato couldn't have been implying love about Sakura's feelings because of the way Naruto reacted? You'll have to explain why Naruto's reaction has any bearing on how Sakura genuinely feels. I would think Naruto's reaction to something would primarily tell me how Naruto feels.

Second, that scene makes no sense read any other way. Their friendship is clearly established report and she surprised/shocked to hear Yamato confirm something...everyone already knows. There is no reason to cut the line off or have her react like she did if all Yamato is doing is confirming the obvious. Confirming they are friends shouldn't surprise anyone.

No, I don't find if "awfully convenieint."

I'm sorry, but it's I'm not sure how on earth you can read that scene and come to conclusion that they are talking about anyone besides Sakura. Of course, if he is talking about someone else then you need to offer us an explanation as to why he hasn't openly reciporcated when given the obvious opportunity to do so.

I'm curious as to how often Kishimoto is required emphasize them before we can assume that they are still in place despite absolutely zippo being offered to show that they have ever change, especially when they were confirmed to still exist nearly 500 chapters into the series. You don't seem to hold anyone elses feelings to this standard.

Stick to the arguments and can the intentional antognizing or you won't be coming back at all.

#172 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

I usually don't post my thoughts in this thread. I find arguing with my own fandom pointless. But you are ripe for the picking, and so I will show you how none of your points create any certainties for NH or NS and everything you say is speculation on your part.

This does not constitute romantic development. For an entire manga dedicated to bonds with people this should be pretty clear. Just because he said knew what Hinata just by looking into her eyes means nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially for a "Jesus-type" figure like Naruto who was able to befriend the Nine Bijuu's. Point null and void.

Kishi has never been direct with anything in his writing. Kishi also knows what the pairing wars do to a manga. It brings tension, it brings ratings, and it brings new readers. You forget that author's have to make a life as well so Kishi is not going to ignore such an obvious method as dragging out the love triangle.

But let's ignore that and look at the basis within the story. Naruto has much more going on his life than worrying about Hinata's unrequited love. There was also a time gap between the end of the invasion of Pain and him leaving for the island. Numerous things could have happened in between there that haven't been revealed. And you can't argue that Kishi would have done it already because it took him almost 400 chapters to reveal that the Uchiha massacre was actually orchestrated by Konoha itself. Point null and void.

Our we even reading the same manga?

The only damage that was done by Sakura's confession is Naruto calling her out...not on the fact that she didn't love him, but on the fact that she didn't still care about Sasuke. In life people don't turn off their feelings like a switch. Sasuke has been a big part of Naruto's and her life.

I also think it's of poor character to believe that Kishi burned one of his tools. Authors have many tools at their disposal. The focus on Sasuke at this point in time is for the sole purpose of this coming climax. Everyone's dealing with the emotions they've locked away from this war as shown by the previous chapter. Point null and void.

Of course. Naruto is fighting Tobi. No crap we're not getting anything romantically related from Naruto. That would be just stupid.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#173 dracopoi

dracopoi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Feb 10 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Kishi was to have Naruto answer "you're a great friend but I like someone else", he certainly wouldn't go about it the way he did in this chapter as that would be setting her up for a massive disappointment. There was ample time for Naruto to gently turn her down, but instead, we see that she is more determined and confident than she ever was. Naruto is not a jerk, if the answer was a simple "thanks but I'm not interested", he would have told Hinata long ago instead of letting her keep her hopes up. He knows what a unrequited love feels like.

While I believe you are simply trolling, I figure I might as well add my two cents in. Have you ever thought about that just maybe, he isn't sure who he currently likes? Like James said, he had ample time to tell her he likes her and as you pointed out, he is not a jerk so he probably would have told her sooner if he didn't feel the same way or if he did feel the same way. Naruto, while more restrained now, is not the type to be bashful and since he hasn't pointed out his feelings, I don't see how it isn't possible that he might have an internal conflict between Sakura and Hinata.

First thing I need to ask, on what grounds do you mean that their relationship has been damaged? it seemed that he's all good with Sakura after the fight. If you say because that's how it works or how I'd feel if that happened to me, it's a weak argument. We'd assume that he'd be hurt by it, but Naruto is not one to hold a grudge as his fights with Nagato shows and he hasn't shown any change of how he acts towards Sakura since he saw her again at the beginning of Shippuden.

When? I will acknowledge that he used up the Sakura finding out Naruto loves her and she acknowledges him as a hero but when did she reveal that she never looked at Naruto in a romantic way? If you say she has never shown it, then Kage summit is calling. We have yet to see her thoughts on it and we simply have Sai stating what he sees and if we're gonna say everything Sai says is right, then Sai also notices that "this is what it means to have friends" not "this is what it means to have a lover and friends" so he's really not omnipotent. Besides, if that's the case NaruHina has been finished since chapter 458 page 14 since Sai says "Even I can tell, He really loves you." (Naruto chapter 458 Page 14) It's not loved which would be a different conjugation that most translators would be able to pick up since the very end of the sentence is not in kanji.

*shrugs* Naruto -> Sakura shown. Sakura -> Naruto eyes of the beholder.

Conversely Hinata -> Naruto shown. Naruto -> Hinata eyes of the beholder.

and he would have to start with Naruto -> Hinata. Nothing has ever been revealed for him liking Hinata ever. While I agree Sakura -> Naruto is the same way as far as I can see, Naruto has stated nothing nor shown any type of affection whatsoever towards Hinata other than the general care. He even lumps her in with the villagers when he worries about who he crushed while in Fox mode. Not What about Hinata? What about the villagers. it's what about Hinata and the rest of the villagers? The door is not still open there, it was never opened to begin with.

Also looking at the beginning of this chapter:

http://www.mangaread...hapter-442.html

Sakura has acknowledged that Hinata loves Naruto. Now lets say Sakura gets Naruto to hate her, wouldn't he fall for Hinata since she didn't do the crap Sakura did to him? Does anyone else think that could have been Sakura's plan as well when she decided to try to kill Sasuke and have Naruto hate her? Might not be since Kishimoto hasn't expanded on that, but it hasn't yet been ruled out. Her expression in that page isn't one of concentration. I would translate it to feeling bad. Whether towards Sakura liking Naruto and someone else might take him or she feels bad because Naruto doesn't currently feel the same, I don't know.

Assumption about where it fits in the timeline as he never stated when it was. and actually no... we haven't in Shippuden if you negate the "wishful thinking". there were maybe two scenes that I recall. Once when he asked her out on a date, and the Sai Flashback. Everything else is "wishful thinking" as you called it.

If you really need me to dig up the exact locations, I'll do so but I figure you know where these are.

Earlier argument at the top. As for a counter, if he has strong feelings for Hinata, why hasn't there been any demonstrations? Heck if he had any feelings at all, why hasn't that been demonstrated? a simple "I feel the same way" would have been easy to throw in when he saved her.

Also What do you mean from Sakura? being unable to kill Sasuke? Doesn't have to mean she's still in love with the guy and besides according to your way of thinking Sasuke -> Sakura would have to start over as well and that pairing is the most popular in the source country, which is Japan. Sai? read prior statement about Sai's lack of Omnipotence. the guy who got healed? remember his statement is "if it's somebody that you like, they're bound to be a great person." (Naruto Chapter 540) the next picture could mean no he is not, or could mean not everyone I like is a great person.

proof please? would you mind stating a few scenes and references? as for confidence, it seems she only shows confidence when Naruto is around. and I know one of the points you're gonna put out "ZOMG she could tell who he is just by looking at his eyes" that's not really insight... that's her not being paranoid and notice Neji noticed too.

As for whether or not I think Naruhina can happen, absolutely it can. Can Narusaku? Yes. What about GaaHina? Erm sure why not. GaaSaku? I guess... NaruSasu? I hope not, but if most popular is the one to win, then this would be the pairing to win. Honestly, if Naruto was a girl (or Sasuke for that matter,) I'm fairly certain the pairing would be NaruSasu. As it is, I want to put my hat with NaruSaku because I enjoy their relationship more than I enjoy NaruHina's current relationship.

The ones that are currently impossible are Asu/anyone other then Kurenai, Sasori/Anyone, Orochimaru/anyone, Jiraiya/anyone (though I would have loved a Jira/Tsu,) etc.

However, if I wanted to act like a fan shipping is over when there's very little evidence to support that, I would have pointed out, "ZOMG Sai is OMNIPOTENZ SUPREM TACO and he said Naruto really loves (or likes) Sakura so NARUHINA is TOOTARRY DEADZORZ LOLZ"

Does Narusaku still have a shot? yes. It's basically in the same boat as Naruhina and SasuSaku. if anyone wants this to turn into a war of mentally stunted people, I have no problem doing that.

And I was a NaruHina shipper in the past. jumped due to lack of development and boredom and enjoyed the Naruto and Sakura relationship enough to want to pair them together.

#174 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 10 2012, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look,. I respect your opinion and everything, but nothing is canon yet. Let's not forget that Naruto has shown no interest in Hinata and any scene is anything, but romantic in nature. It's always one-sided. I challenge anyone to show me one NaruHina scene, and everyone here can show you 5 more scene showing NaruSaku using the same logic.

I also notice you retracted your statement from before and said it wasn't about the confession, but was about the fact that Naruto showed her she was stronger than she really was. Now, you flipped your whole statement around. So which is it?

I am 100% sure that NaruHina is NOT canon. I am 1000% sure.

Also, Naruto didn't really look into Hinata's eyes in 559, nor mentioned anything about the confessions. In fact, I remember him having his back towards her, while Naruto looked into Sakura's eyes straight forward. So what does that mean? You think for someone who just got told someone loved him he would have a response after....what 100 chapters? Hell, if he can tell Hinata she is strong in the middle of a battlezone and Hinata can confess her love for him in the middle of the Pein fight. I am pretty sure, Naruto would have given her an answer by now. So what do we take that as?

I am starting to not take the "they're in the middle of war" excuse about Naruto not telling Hinata his "feelings for her" because if Hinata can do it, He would have too. Which leads me to believe that in 559, he basically told her that she doesn't need to look to him for strength as she is already strong on her own. (He specially mentions the part about her helping him with Pein, but no mention of feelings or love for her. I am inclined to believe that THAT was Naruto's way of saying he only likes her as a friend.)

Again, something he basically said to everyone at one point or another. So obviously, he has noticed her, but he shows no romantic feelings for her. Just his usual talk-no-jutsu that he does with any character.

There is facts and there is speculations, there is theories and then there is fabrications. This is a fabrication. You say you care about Hinata and her feelings, but what about Naruto's feelings? What if he doesn't love her or sees her as a platonic love? I see it as being Platonic. "It's official, NaruHina is strictly platonic. Hinata totally sees Naruto as a brother and she wants to protect him like he was protecting her. 100% sure it will work" See I can make statements too. Doesn't mean they are right.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Naruto have moments of every kind: Romantic, anger, confession, admiration, depression, jealousy, and especially supportive. Hinata really knows nothing of Naruto, but Sakura knows everything. She knows how he thinks, breathes, and how he feels. She knows just what he needs and she knows she can be the one to give it to him. Whether it be support or something more. She wants to do the best for him and take his pain away. I don't hear Hinata jumping on that one. Hinata just doesn't see the Naruto Sakura does and this is what faults her. Being a teammate was a big help on Sakura's part.

This is the biggest factor is any romance story: Interaction. NaruSaku has tons of it. Most of the manga has them two together experiencing everything together and they know more about each other than anyone knows about them. Though I think Naruto is a bit stupid when it comes to girls, but he is a guy. All us guys are like that. That is the one big thing NaruSaku has. It is not one or two moments of love. It's a whole manga of experience that keeps on going. It doesn't need to be romantic, it can be as simple as them getting along while walking down a road or Naruto telling a joke every now and then. It doesn't all have to be romantic to be a "moment."

That's what I love most about NaruSaku. Simply seeing them interact makes me think "They are so good together. They have so much chemistry." I just don't see that with NaruHina. I'm sorry, it's just not there. It feels almost awkward. And it's nothing about Hinata that is really bad, just they don't know how to interact as smoothly. Every time when she has a chance to talk to him Hinata always wants to talk about love or her feelings. What about casual moments? What about moments that don't involve love or holding hands? Sometimes the most romantic scenes are ones in which there is no romance and that is how you make it believable.

That's all I really have to say about it.

Can I use this for my future debates?

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#175 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

lol Thanks, guys. This is what a true family is. Even if we argue amongst ourselves, we are still willing to back each other up. I am even more proud now of this site. Thanks to everyone.

AchikaMiyu, zacrathedemon5, narunarunaru, Nate River, TheOmegaMan, dracopoi.

Everyone else pretty much said what was needed.

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 10 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I use this for my future debates?

Go for it. More power to you if you can use it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 February 2012 - 09:33 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#176 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

*drops the mic at your feet*

I got onto him for intentionally antaognizing people with the celebration, but that rules applies to us as well. Please don't do that.

#177 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 10 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got onto him for intentionally antaognizing people with the celebration, but that rules applies to us as well. Please don't do that.

Sorry, but it just means I am done. There's nothing left to say and what was needed to be said was either said by me or by someone else. So, that's it.

You should have seen the post I was going to put, lol, but it was just jibber-jabber.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#178 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

You know what's the best part about all this?

I'm really impressed by the statements of the other (New!) Konoha 12. Chouji's not so OA (over-reactive) about his weight, Shikamaru's showing excitement or eagerness over helping out Naruto instead of saying "Man, this is troublesome." Kiba's not so brash and arrogant towards Naruto as he did in Part 1, and one of the biggest, Sai's statement about understanding what friends really are. These teenagers have undergone tremendous growth during Shippuden, especially Sai.

Too bad it's all but glossed over.

#179 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

I thought the fact Chouji is skinny is because he used the Butterfly wings that suck fat and chakra?

mellow.gif ..... Now that Sasuke is back in the picture it's time to see how ungodly powerful he is in comparison to ungodly powerful Naruto. It's Gonna Happen.

I agree with the post above also with Nate. Don't try to antagonize or say anything hypcritical.

Universe has a way of being a troll so don't be one.

Edited by Insurrection, 10 February 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#180 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Feb 10 2012, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the fact Chouji is skinny is because he used the Butterfly wings that suck fat and chakra?

mellow.gif ..... Now that Sasuke is back in the picture it's time to see how ungodly powerful he is in comparison to ungodly powerful Naruto. It's Gonna Happen.

I agree with the post above also with Nate. Don't try to antagonize or say anything hypcritical.

Universe has a way of being a troll so don't be one.

We are all hypocrites sooner or later. That's a given, but to deny you're a hypocrite is even worse. The universe seems to have a way to be a troll to the people who don't deserve it...yet are kind to the ones who do. Not to bring in personal issues, but let's say I got more than my share of the short end of the stick thanks to the universe in the past 6 months.

Trust me, we all could be a lot worse.

QUOTE (dracopoi @ Feb 10 2012, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura has acknowledged that Hinata loves Naruto. Now lets say Sakura gets Naruto to hate her, wouldn't he fall for Hinata since she didn't do the crap Sakura did to him? Does anyone else think that could have been Sakura's plan as well when she decided to try to kill Sasuke and have Naruto hate her? Might not be since Kishimoto hasn't expanded on that, but it hasn't yet been ruled out. Her expression in that page isn't one of concentration. I would translate it to feeling bad. Whether towards Sakura liking Naruto and someone else might take him or she feels bad because Naruto doesn't currently feel the same, I don't know.

It kind of looked like Naruto was mad at Sakura, until Sai told the truth and said that she cared about him and that was she was going to go kill Sasuke. He kind of knew then that what she said wasn't meant to really hurt him, but she wanted to get him off of Sasuke so he wasn't burdened by him. So, Sai was kind of the mediator so that Naruto and Sakura didn't lie to each other.

I am thinking Sai is pro-narusaku. Otherwise, why did he go through all the trouble? He set the ball rolling to a stone that needed to be moved

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 February 2012 - 10:26 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users