• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#41 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Bu @ Oct 8 2010, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The question I would like to ask everyone is what weapon would you want Naruto to have and/or what weapon do you think would fit him the best?

I personally think a Naginata would look cool on him, but maybe with a head more like a Russian sovnya. Wide sweeping motions could tie into his wind chakra affinity.

Only problem with a Naginata is that now and days it is considered more of a woman's weapon so I doubt Naruto will ever wield one, but a Yari would be pretty awesome as well.

A samurai shoto. Makes sense cuz he likes close combat.
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#42 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

I think the same weapon Asuma used(I don't know the name), as you can see in the new OVA. v.v

#43 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Well, I don't think that different types of swords/katanas fit Naruto. It's more like Sasuke's style I think.

Naruto with Asuma's chakra blades in OVA looked stunning + he often uses kunai, so yeah... this kind of weapon.

#44 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (kida @ Jan 8 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I don't think that different types of swords/katanas fit Naruto. It's more like Sasuke's style I think.

Naruto with Asuma's chakra blades in OVA looked stunning + he often uses kunai, so yeah... this kind of weapon.

Indeed, swords/katanas just don't fit Naruto. sleep.gif

#45 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Blazing CobaltX @ Jan 8 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the same weapon Asuma used(I don't know the name), as you can see in the new OVA. v.v

They're called trench knives. And yea, those would fit Naruto to a T imo...
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#46 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Naruto dose not need a wepon thats what makes him naruto.

#47 kristy

kristy

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

It would be cool if Naruto will use Primary ninja weapon to do fight during fight with sasuke, as sasuke can show off his blade skills. But If naruto get a sword as a primary his primary weapon then, i believe it would be lame weapon for Naruto during fight. Naruto should also indeed use a wrist blade. So he should also use it.

#48 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

How about a hidden blade? ohboy.png

#49 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

How about a chainsaw?!

Come on guys why would Naruto need a weapon? however the trench knives seem to fit him but I don't think he would use it a lot. Shikamaru probably just lend it to him to show his trust in him and give him some kind of means to fight that sword of Sasuke that passes through everything (like the first time they meet after the timeskip). In that filler arc with sora it is shown that those trench knives are made from a metal that makes it easier to infuse with chakra no? So naruto uses a weapon just to counter that, after he unarms Sasuke it will probably Rasengans, Kage Bunshin and Fuuton Rasen Shuriken all over the place. Not to mention his technique in development (the tailed beast bomb)

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#50 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Actually I can see him using a tanto. Or something for close combat. It would fit. He can't go around blasting everything since in the end he IS a shinobi. Kunai's fine, but tanto, or some other sort of short weapon that is simple and easy to use would fit. Maybe he could use an elaborate kunai like Minato but he's overdue for another weapon. Even Sakura has more than the usual! If it's like in Lost Tower... FTW.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#51 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

kunai knuckles smile.gif he seems like a punchy punch kind of guy and the kunai knuckle things just fit him :DDD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

Some bag of special kunai like his dad Minato but not the EXACT same design and function as well as the generic shurikens and kunai cool.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#53 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Is his mind, out of the question? I've seen all of your suggestions, but up and till this point Naruto's never needed to rely on a main weapon to get the job done. A lot of what he uses is his brain, guts and determination. At the end of the day, that's all what anyone really needs.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

Well Not that you say isn't true biggrin.gif but it's not hard to imagine him WITH a weapon either. Besides we weren't talking about him relying on a weapon, just IF he had a signature weapon what would it be happy.gif

#55 Giosoccer

Giosoccer

Fuuton: rasen shuriken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Drawing

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Im fine with naruto useing a weapon but i think this hands r his best weapons. ( but if i had to choose i say Asuma's blades i think those would work the best with him).

#56 HenryFlitzroy

HenryFlitzroy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

No weapon, he should use just his jutsu and fists (and regular kunai and shuriken)

As a matter of fact it bothers me slightly each time he gets a sword in Fanfics.
We spend all our youth chasing money, and when we attain it, we spend all our money chasing youth.

#57 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

I think Naruto looks good useing Asuma's blade. Like in the OVA.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#58 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (JibJabba @ Aug 9 2011, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No weapon, he should use just his jutsu and fists (and regular kunai and shuriken)

As a matter of fact it bothers me slightly each time he gets a sword in Fanfics.

Well what if he had some kind of special kunai like his dad, and had regular kunai and shurikens to boot but still MAINLY uses unarmed taijustu? and I'm guessing Shikamaru would be keeping Azuma's Trench knives. Naruto only used one in the ova because he had no unique wind affinity weapon to match Sasuke's sword(especially when charged with his Chidori Nagashi)

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 August 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#59 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 9 2011, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well what if he had some kind of special kunai like his dad, and had regular kunai and shurikens to boot but still MAINLY uses unarmed taijustu? and I'm guessing Shikamaru would be keeping Azuma's Trench knives. Naruto only used one in the ova because he had no unique wind affinity weapon to match Sasuke's sword(especially when charged with his Chidori Nagashi)

But Shikamaru could have given it to him right before the fight with Sasuke you never know.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 09 August 2011 - 10:58 PM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#60 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:56 AM

But would Shikamaru give his teacher's keepsake to someone who wasn't under Azuma's wing? mellow.gif I mean I'm sure Shikamaru was the most attached to Azuma but I suppose it COULD happen so I won't brush it off but I personally want special kunai for Naruto but is adaptable to wind chakra biggrin.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 August 2011 - 01:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users