Close
Photo

Favorite NaruSaku moment (Anime fillers are included!)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite Narusaku moment? (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite NaruSaku moment?

1. Forehead Scene (1 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

2. Sakura seeing Naruto in a different light during the bell test (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Konohamaru calling Sakura Naruto's girlfriend (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Sakura willing to drop out of the chunin exams just so Naruto could keep his dream alive (2 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

5. Sakura cheering Naruto on during his fights vs Neji and Kiba (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Promise of a lifetime (3 votes [4.92%])

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

7. Sakura getting jealous over Naruto's affection towards Sasume (1 votes [1.64%])

8. Sakura posing for Naruto in her nurses's outfit (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Naruto and Sakura seeing each other for the first time in years (2 votes [3.28%])

10. Sakura running to Naruto in four-tails mode (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

11. Sakura getting jealous catching Naruto kissing Fuuka (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Sakura writing Naruto notes of encouragement during rasenshuriken training (2 votes [3.28%])

13. Naruto looking at Sakura's notes before going asleep at night (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Sakura and Naruto thinking about each other at night (3 votes [4.92%])

15. Sakura screaming for Naruto during Pain Invasion (1 votes [1.64%])

16. Sakura realizing Hinata liked Naruto and getting somewhat jealous (0 votes [0.00%])

17. The Hug (25 votes [40.98%])

Percentage of vote: 40.98%

18. The Confession (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

19. Naruto saving Sakura from Sasuke (3 votes [4.92%])

20. Naruto saying that he will always pursue Sakura no matter what (1 votes [1.64%])

21. Sakura and Naruto going on a scavenger hunt vs filler nins (0 votes [0.00%])

22. Naruto dreaming about him and Sakura being together (0 votes [0.00%])

23. Sakura's monologue at 578 (0 votes [0.00%])

24. Anything else that I didn't mention (specify in a post) (2 votes [3.28%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

This was LONG overdue. I decided to go ahead and include filler NaruSaku moments because they had some pretty good ones and it makes the discussion more interesting. Vote and discuss. If I chose 1 moment from the manga and 1 from anime filler. It would easily be the hug AND when Sakura caught Naruto getting his chakra sucked via lip contact and went apekitten.

You can vote only once though!
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#2 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Sep 10 2012, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was LONG overdue. I decided to go ahead and include filler NaruSaku moments because they had some pretty good ones and it makes the discussion more interesting. Vote and discuss. If I chose 1 moment from the manga and 1 from anime filler. It would easily be the hug AND when Sakura caught Naruto getting his chakra sucked via lip contact and went apekitten.

You can vote only once though!

You stole my idea!

Ha, I'm just kidding. I would post later what I choose and why. It's kind of late where I am.

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Geez, this is hard. Okay, I have broken down into sections:

Manga: The hug scene without a doubt. That hug brought a sign that these two will become a couple in the end. The whole village saw them as a romantic light and the mood was very romantic. Even Kakashi was surprised. Lol. That's a great moment.

Honorable mention: Yamato's incomplete sentence.

Anime: Wow, there are tons and I do mean tons. Let's see. I do like the 4-tailed Kyuubi incident 2.0 (Sora), where Naruto put his body over Sakura to protect her, which then proceed him to tell her he will be okay, and Sakura was like "Okay!" with a smile.

Honorable mention: Naruto tells a filler girl on why he loves Sakura. A nutshell of Naruto's love life.

OVAs: Hands down, the 2010 OVA. I got the actual DVD and I can watch it all day. A great art with great animation with a beautiful imagery of Naruto and Sakura. My signature says it all.

Rock Lee SD: The umbrella scene, no doubt. Looks so adorable.

Honorable mention: The reason why Naruto only go for Sakura.

Omake: Well, I'm trying to remember some of them. I can easily say the festival one. So nice and funny, it's just tons of fun.

Honorable mention: Naruto and Sakura's prank on Kakashi. Karma.

Movies: I can't say the latest movie since I didn't see it. So I will go with Sakura's smiling, saying, "That's my Naruto."

Honorable mention: The ending of Shippuuden movie 4. Funny classic couple moment.

Games: I was going to say the hug again or more like the game version of Pain arc, but that would be cheating. Okay, I would say the ending of Naruto Impact for the PSP. Nice scene to watch.

Honorable mention: Sakura wanted to treat Naruto but used Hinata as a way to prevent herself seeing it as a date. Luckily Naruto caught on and she tried to deny it. P.S. Naruto don't remember what did he do for Hinata. Ouch.

Yeah, that's all for now. Openings and endings count? Not so sure, but whatever. If anything, the ending is the latest one and the opening is him trying to hug Sakura or the one she was crying for Naruto not to go Kyuubi.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 11 September 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

biggrin.gif i liked it when sakura screamed for naruto during the pain invasion XD it showed she really believes naruto is her hero XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Sep 11 2012, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif i liked it when sakura screamed for naruto during the pain invasion XD it showed she really believes naruto is her hero XD

Oh crap! I forgot about that. That one I love a lot too, because she knows Naruto is the only one and she was screaming for a hero that is Naruto. If that's not a sign of possible love, then I don't know what is anymore. Again, why not Hinata? Hm? I thought so. This one was also in the game. It goes to show you how important it is. Not to mention that this was in the trailer of the anime as well.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 11 September 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#6 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

I've been in love with the Hug ever since the Pain invasion wub.gif. She seemed to relieved and grateful that he was alright(After punching him, of course laugh.gif. That's our Sakura wink.gif ). It was also the closest she's ever physically been with him and she did it in front of the entire village. I want another hug. Next time, Naruto better hug back though. hm.png

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 11 September 2012 - 06:55 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#7 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Sep 11 2012, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been in love with the Hug ever since the Pain invasion wub.gif. She seemed to relieved and grateful that he was alright(After punching him, of course laugh.gif. That's our Sakura wink.gif ). It was also the closest she's ever physically been with him and she did it in front of the entire village. I want another hug. Next time, Naruto better hug back though. hm.png

I think he was too shocked to return it.
Arghh so many great choices. I guess if I had to pick one i would say the moment that he saved Sakura from Sasuke, not only was it an incredibly badass moment from Naruto, but there was a sort of tenderness behind it that showed just how much he cares for her.

recent manga spoilers --Click here to view--
also in that brief moment that hes glaring at Sasuke gave us a glimpse of just how far he would go to save her, I think Obito in a way represents what Naruto could become if he lost Sakura, and in that brief moment he has that feeling about him, that he cares for her so much that if he was just a few seconds too late it could have destroyed him

Also when the parallels to MinaKushi were revealed made it a much sweeter and more important moment than it had been before.

Honorable mentions go to the hug and to the OVA.

#8 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Too much to chose only for a one moment of them but my most favorite for now is the confession XD

#9 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

This Omake

EDIT: video not showing up on my post O=< click This

Edited by Branden, 11 September 2012 - 09:27 AM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10 TheClover

TheClover

Not with that yangire attitude, young lady.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Ask! :)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I loved the hug, but personally, for me the confession was the best...which might sound crazy because Sakura got a ton of hate for it and it's constantly labeled as "a lie". My opinion is that people are mixing up the part that was the lie with her feelings. As for my favorite filler moment...hmmm...I loved the entire Land of Rice Fields Arc. Like, it was practically made for them. eager.gif

#11 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Sep 11 2012, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he was too shocked to return it.
Arghh so many great choices. I guess if I had to pick one i would say the moment that he saved Sakura from Sasuke, not only was it an incredibly badass moment from Naruto, but there was a sort of tenderness behind it that showed just how much he cares for her.

recent manga spoilers --Click here to view--
also in that brief moment that hes glaring at Sasuke gave us a glimpse of just how far he would go to save her, I think Obito in a way represents what Naruto could become if he lost Sakura, and in that brief moment he has that feeling about him, that he cares for her so much that if he was just a few seconds too late it could have destroyed him

Also when the parallels to MinaKushi were revealed made it a much sweeter and more important moment than it had been before.

Honorable mentions go to the hug and to the OVA.

I know he was too shocked to return it tongue.gif. But I would still love to see him hug her back for once anyway. happy.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#12 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

The hug gets my vote. It was just so well done.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#13 pinkspider2000

pinkspider2000

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku obviously,I like drawing, playing basketball, swimming,the Color pink.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

My favorite one would have to be the hug scene. I thought it was really romantic from how everyone was staring at them and blushing like it was a fairytale and that sakura came from hating him to acknowledging,caring for him. The moments with the rasenshuriken training where sakura gave him energy food balls with notes and naruto had them in his hand was one of my favorites. There's too many to choose from

#14 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Okay, finally have time to write my favorite Narusaku scene.

First things first, I just want to say I am not the most loyal Naruto fan. I'll watch the anime and/or read the manga for a while, but I will then stop, and pick up where I left off a few years later. I have done that for the last six years, yet somehow I still remember stuff that I watched when I first got into the series. Earlier this year my brother started watching the Shipuden episodes, but I didn't starting watching it with him until the Kakashi Gaiden episodes. I continued watching it through the Pain arc (I think I skipped the fillers though) and then I was like "Woah, this show is awesome. Why did I stop watching it." My second reaction, cause you ALL remember how the Pain arc ends, was like "Oh, I knew it. Naruto and Sakura are so going to get together. I'm glad that is going alright."

I was then planning to watch the series from the start, but then I read something curiously from Sakura's Wikipidiea page, that she CONFESSED to Naruto. I was like "No way, they obviously didn't get together, but......was she telling the truth?" So I SKIPED all the way to the episode where she confessed, I just read the summaries of the previous episodes I skip to understand the current situation.

AND..............IT.................WAS.............JUST AS GOOD AS I HOPED. The setting was perfect (light snow, come on that is romantic), the animation was great, and emotions were just all over the place. Not just from the characters in the show, but from the audiences. Using a quote from a review at Mania (read whole review of episode 206 is here http://www.mania.com...le_129409.html), it will show how I felt about that moment fine:

"Sakura's time explaining to Naruto her feelings has the right feel about it on all parts and it leaves you feeling very heart broken about it because you want it to go right but you know it's not the right way or time."

That's why Sakura's confession to Naruto is my favorite Narusaku moment, because not only was it showing the manipulations of the main characters feelings, but also manipulating the feelings and expectations of the fans. Most didn't see Sakura's confession coming, and when she did confess the viewers are left with the uncomfortable feelings of wondering if she means what she is saying. I do believe we are suppose to feel the way the quote is saying, that how we are suppose to be rooting for this to happen, for them to get together. Which is why when Naruto calls her out on it, you genial feel bad about. You want Naruto to get the girl he wants, and you want Sakura to move on from Sasuke to Naruto. But because people are so anti-Sakura and/or big Naruhina shippers, most things I look on the internet just bash her character and just call the confession a lie.

But what really put down afterwards was when I was skimming through the war arc. I tried to make sure I read any scene with Sakura in it so that I can see where this whole thing was going. And do you know what I got? I got Sakura thinking about Sasuke as the man she loves, and came across Naruto having that in your eyes moment with Hinata. That's when I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, got damn you people on the internet. Why did you have to be right about the whole confession being a lie thing. WHY??????????????" Of course I slowly tried to get over it, but I couldn't let it go. So I went online to see what other people think, which lead me to discovering this whole stupid pairing wars thing and this website.

Now I'm up to date with the series, and my confidence with this pairing is QUITE high. But the confession is still my favorite moment, even if it turns out a lie. I'm still conflicted of how I still see the confession (cause I've seen it and read it several times now), so I decided to stick with my original thoughts of it when I first saw it, so that I wouldn't analyze that moment anymore than I already did. I believe that the emotions, the feelings, are there, especially when she said I love you, but you knew she was hiding something and wasn't being honest about something.

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

More and more I keep looking back, the more I wish to change my list. If there's any change, it will be in Immortal Arc, where anime studio actually added a lot of Sakura in there encouraging Naruto. It actually make me like the arc much more than before. Amazing that the studio is willing to go that far for NS. The manga part and my all-time favorite moment is always the hug scene. Again, I see it as a beginning of true love feelings. They're already best friends, but now, it's time to go to the next step: love.

I really like what you said there about the confession. It's one of the most talked about moment in pairings and perhaps in the story. Even the game tried to retold this event by saying that Naruto can't accept her love yet because of Sasuke and even if she feels that way about him and Sasuke, he still has to save him for his sake. It's really a crucial moment in their bonds because it felt realistic and the mood/atmosphere (snowing during a couple talk) is a romantic tone. I know few anime that done this way and it's often considered a romantic atmosphere. Whether it goes right or wrong, it is still romantic, and sooner or later, they will make up for it and become a couple in the end. Naruto and Sakura has gone through many things together to keep the balance work and it shows how much sacrifice they are willing to take (Naruto sacrifices his happiness for Sakura/Sakura sacrifices her happiness for Naruto).

#16 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

I realize that I didn't talk about my favorite filler moment from the anime. I generally skip the fillers though, so I wouldn't know all the Narusaku moments in the anime. But I did see the ending of episode 235, and that part is my favorite Narusaku moment in fillers.

When I first started looking this stuff up and started to believe that Naruhina was going to happen, there was two things in my mind that I couldn't let go if it does happen: what hell was the point of those parallels and the manga NEVER showed Naruto letting go of his feelings for Sakura. I first checked Narutopidea, and check Naruto's relationship page. What made me angry was that it had three paragraphs describing his relationship with Hinata, and only two for Sakura. Also, while what was said in either of those description wasn't necessary not true, there should have been A LOT more information describing his relationship with Sakura. Not only that, it ended that description with it saying that in the filler episode 235 that Naruto is alright with Sakura choosing Sasuke over him..........................BUT it didn't even mention in that same episode that Naruto explains that he still loves Sakura, and he also said that he is going to TRY to win Sakura over. While it does end with Naruto claiming that he is alright with Sakura choosing Sasuke over him, as long as she's happy, Narutopedia made it seem as if he was giving up on trying to get with her. Unlike most of you, I do take anime fillers in consideration, mainly because fillers are usually pointless and just to remind viewers of what has already been established. So that's why when I first read that, I thought that was anime's way of saying it was over, and that it was obvious in the manga already.

But it wasn't like that, and I'm still pi$$ed at that site for (in a way) manipulating me into thinking something different than what the anime was trying to show, and that showing Naruto's relationship with Hinata is more important than his relationship with Sakura. I generally get frustrated on this site when people call a someone(thing) a bias Hinata/Naruhina fan(s) for little things (like saying certain translations are translated by bias Hinata's fans, when most likely or not it is from a fan who doesn't care), but Narutopedia is OBVIOUSLY edited by bias Hinata/Naruhina fans.

So when I did finally watch that episode, I was both happy and mad. I was mad at Narutopedia for describing the situation in a way that it wasn't presented, but I was happy because I liked how it ended. I liked how this is probably the most that Naruto has ever revealed about his feelings for Sakura. Outside the occasional flirting and rescues (including bridal style saves), we rarely get to hear/read what Naruto really feels about Sakura. We see glimpses of his feelings for her, like him making the Promise of the Lifetime and him claiming he hasn't told how he feels about Sakura because he couldn't keep his promises, but not in the way that was shown in this episode.

It's that aspect of what I liked most about that filler, it was kind of a mini confession. I like the honesty of his emotions in that scene, as he describes his current situation about his crush to that filler girl. Him saying that Sakura's smile was the cutest thing ever, really got to me and I generally try not to get emotional with anime (the other exception being Pokemon). He even explains the current standing of his crush, detailing that he is love is one-sided. It's that moment where we (the viewers) are suppose to feel sorry about Naruto's unreciprocated love, as it really comes to be real love. Sakura's unreciprocated love for Sasuke always came off annoying, and makes her come off as immature. We never really feel sorry for Hinata's one-sided crush because, well, they was never really a moment that showed that Hinata was upset that she wasn't with Naruto. She was just watch him in the background, not do much with him, but we never really saw a moment with her being upset that Naruto doesn't love her.

Naruto is different, his crush (when it's at least brought up) always comes up as him actually being in love with Sakura (something that was reinforce in this episode), and it is the only crush that comes off as being sad. It is sad because Naruto hasn't won Sakura over (yet), and he is the only one we genially fell sorry for as it is the only crush that has shown to cause Naruto sadness for not able to obtain it. But what was the real clincher, was the ending with Jariaya. You know, the one where he describes his feelings for Tsunadre to an other filler girl (in flashback, because it has already dead) and comes off similar to that of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. (PARALLEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!) While the earlier parts did get to me emotionally, that part made me teary eyed. I was upset that these two guys are in love with these women whom seem to not to love them back, but they didn't mind as long as the women they loved were happy. What was even sadder was the fact that Jariaya's feelings were never recuperated (at least not in time), and that Naruto maybe fated to follow that same path.

Also, when the original filler girl asked Naruto if he plans to confess to her, I was like "Yeah.............if Narusaku doesn't happen, then this episode, especially that question which makes it seem as if Naruto will confess his feelings to Sakura at one point, would come off as pointless and awkward..........."

#17 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ugh. Narutpedia is a disaster dry.gif. I've tried so many times to get rid of some of the NaruHina/Hinata bias but all it ever ended in apparently neutral fans putting me in the wrong and sided with the NaruHina person I was trying to reason with. I now avoid Narutopedia like a plague, just because all it ever does is make me frustrated at how corrupted people allow that paragraphs to be that way. It's stupid and frankly, unfair as well as immature.

Last time I checked, Hinata's page was still longer than Sasuke's part ( Which is absolutely ridiculous, as all of you know). I even tried to add on to Naruto/Sakura's relationship. No bias or selective choices, just facts. I remember putting " Naruto is protective of Sakura, shown in his fight against Gaara and also picked up by Yamato." All true but apparently the NH fans wanted it gone. dry.gif

Another example. I edited the selectiveness of the Hinata section and put " Naruto cried tears of joy when realizing he didn't kill Hinata or any of the villagers. " But it was reverted back to " Naruto cried tears of joy that only Hinata was alright. " Who had the correct edit, people?

Seriously. NH fans come off as reeking of desperation when they do that. I still want a new Naruto Wiki created. One that's not pairing-biased and only states hard, cold facts without any interpretation. Only then will I be satisfied.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Sep 25 2012, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I realize that I didn't talk about my favorite filler moment from the anime. I generally skip the fillers though, so I wouldn't know all the Narusaku moments in the anime. But I did see the ending of episode 235, and that part is my favorite Narusaku moment in fillers.

When I first started looking this stuff up and started to believe that Naruhina was going to happen, there was two things in my mind that I couldn't let go if it does happen: what hell was the point of those parallels and the manga NEVER showed Naruto letting go of his feelings for Sakura. I first checked Narutopidea, and check Naruto's relationship page. What made me angry was that it had three paragraphs describing his relationship with Hinata, and only two for Sakura. Also, while what was said in either of those description wasn't necessary not true, there should have been A LOT more information describing his relationship with Sakura. Not only that, it ended that description with it saying that in the filler episode 235 that Naruto is alright with Sakura choosing Sasuke over him..........................BUT it didn't even mention in that same episode that Naruto explains that he still loves Sakura, and he also said that he is going to TRY to win Sakura over. While it does end with Naruto claiming that he is alright with Sakura choosing Sasuke over him, as long as she's happy, Narutopedia made it seem as if he was giving up on trying to get with her. Unlike most of you, I do take anime fillers in consideration, mainly because fillers are usually pointless and just to remind viewers of what has already been established. So that's why when I first read that, I thought that was anime's way of saying it was over, and that it was obvious in the manga already.

But it wasn't like that, and I'm still pi$$ed at that site for (in a way) manipulating me into thinking something different than what the anime was trying to show, and that showing Naruto's relationship with Hinata is more important than his relationship with Sakura. I generally get frustrated on this site when people call a someone(thing) a bias Hinata/Naruhina fan(s) for little things (like saying certain translations are translated by bias Hinata's fans, when most likely or not it is from a fan who doesn't care), but Narutopedia is OBVIOUSLY edited by bias Hinata/Naruhina fans.

So when I did finally watch that episode, I was both happy and mad. I was mad at Narutopedia for describing the situation in a way that it wasn't presented, but I was happy because I liked how it ended. I liked how this is probably the most that Naruto has ever revealed about his feelings for Sakura. Outside the occasional flirting and rescues (including bridal style saves), we rarely get to hear/read what Naruto really feels about Sakura. We see glimpses of his feelings for her, like him making the Promise of the Lifetime and him claiming he hasn't told how he feels about Sakura because he couldn't keep his promises, but not in the way that was shown in this episode.

It's that aspect of what I liked most about that filler, it was kind of a mini confession. I like the honesty of his emotions in that scene, as he describes his current situation about his crush to that filler girl. Him saying that Sakura's smile was the cutest thing ever, really got to me and I generally try not to get emotional with anime (the other exception being Pokemon). He even explains the current standing of his crush, detailing that he is love is one-sided. It's that moment where we (the viewers) are suppose to feel sorry about Naruto's unreciprocated love, as it really comes to be real love. Sakura's unreciprocated love for Sasuke always came off annoying, and makes her come off as immature. We never really feel sorry for Hinata's one-sided crush because, well, they was never really a moment that showed that Hinata was upset that she wasn't with Naruto. She was just watch him in the background, not do much with him, but we never really saw a moment with her being upset that Naruto doesn't love her.

Naruto is different, his crush (when it's at least brought up) always comes up as him actually being in love with Sakura (something that was reinforce in this episode), and it is the only crush that comes off as being sad. It is sad because Naruto hasn't won Sakura over (yet), and he is the only one we genially fell sorry for as it is the only crush that has shown to cause Naruto sadness for not able to obtain it. But what was the real clincher, was the ending with Jariaya. You know, the one where he describes his feelings for Tsunadre to an other filler girl (in flashback, because it has already dead) and comes off similar to that of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. (PARALLEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!) While the earlier parts did get to me emotionally, that part made me teary eyed. I was upset that these two guys are in love with these women whom seem to not to love them back, but they didn't mind as long as the women they loved were happy. What was even sadder was the fact that Jariaya's feelings were never recuperated (at least not in time), and that Naruto maybe fated to follow that same path.

Also, when the original filler girl asked Naruto if he plans to confess to her, I was like "Yeah.............if Narusaku doesn't happen, then this episode, especially that question which makes it seem as if Naruto will confess his feelings to Sakura at one point, would come off as pointless and awkward..........."

Well said. Well said.

As I mentioned before, I do think that the anime is only stating the obvious and/or making something clearer. In this case, it's Naruto's feelings for Sakura. I must admit, I was shocked to see that they made an episode that have him talking about Sakura. I do think the studio got the right idea that Naruto doesn't know she knows and he will confess when the time is right (after the rescue). In this moment, yes, I agree with you. We supposed to feel sad yet happy for him. Sad for him for not getting his feelings return at the moment and he knows that it's one sided on his part. Happy for he is not giving up as he will protect her and hold on those feelings. The most important thing about love is to able to see each other smile, while in this case Sakura's smile. Strangely enough, Sakura wants Naruto to smile as well. When he's happy, so as she. It's been shown many times in the manga that we are no strangers to them. It's there. Jiraiya unfortunately never got his feelings return. It was either because of rejections or the fact in the end, where it seems like he had the perfect chance, it was too late. The scary part is that Naruto is heading to suicide mission very soon (granted what's happening now is, but I mean Sasuke), especially when Sakura knows that Sasuke will kill him point blank. So, it's only matter of time.

Btw, yes, that wiki site is really biased. I couldn't get all the info I needed. I have to do my own search. Very manipulated.

#19 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

In terms of fillers, my favorite NS moments are probably the waterfall training scenes and Naruto's speech in episode 235. smile.gif

In terms of openings and endings it is opening 10 with Naruto running towards Sakura, ending 16 with Sakura drawing that Naruto figure and lately ending 22 with Sakura "cupping" Naruto's face. happy.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#20 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Sep 25 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh. Narutpedia is a disaster dry.gif. I've tried so many times to get rid of some of the NaruHina/Hinata bias but all it ever ended in apparently neutral fans putting me in the wrong and sided with the NaruHina person I was trying to reason with. I now avoid Narutopedia like a plague, just because all it ever does is make me frustrated at how corrupted people allow that paragraphs to be that way. It's stupid and frankly, unfair as well as immature.

Last time I checked, Hinata's page was still longer than Sasuke's part ( Which is absolutely ridiculous, as all of you know). I even tried to add on to Naruto/Sakura's relationship. No bias or selective choices, just facts. I remember putting " Naruto is protective of Sakura, shown in his fight against Gaara and also picked up by Yamato." All true but apparently the NH fans wanted it gone. dry.gif

Another example. I edited the selectiveness of the Hinata section and put " Naruto cried tears of joy when realizing he didn't kill Hinata or any of the villagers. " But it was reverted back to " Naruto cried tears of joy that only Hinata was alright. " Who had the correct edit, people?

Seriously. NH fans come off as reeking of desperation when they do that. I still want a new Naruto Wiki created. One that's not pairing-biased and only states hard, cold facts without any interpretation. Only then will I be satisfied.

I'm not sure if all Wikis operate in a similar manner to Wikipedia, but there should be a "discussion" section for each page. Either try to make your statements more factual and add more facts, or find some other people who share your perspective to join the debate. Otherwise, you're just making it harder for yourself. It probably isn't a good idea to add that statement you just did, because it does put the focus on narusaku, when the article isn't about Naruto's opinion on Sakura.

If you made a statement about Sakura hugging Naruto, then you probably won't have any confrontation over it. If you said she hugged him because she cared deeply about him, you'll ruffle some feathers.

I guess it comes as human nature that the more threatened people feel, the harder they fight.

Edited by Nefertieh, 25 September 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users