665 replies to this topic

#641 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TRUE!!!!!!!!! nice one!!! :eager:  :hug: although I want to make a small correction to the NH statement. I want to be Hinata getting a guy like Naruto/I want a girl like Hinata

Yes that is what I mean by "NH fans are purely selfish and objectifying". NH fans imagine that they need to have a soft spoken obedient and big kittened woman for fulfill all their needs and requirements without contributing anything to the relationship, or imagine themselves as Hinata, the shy insecure girl that wants the boy next door but could never tell him and again obtain him without again contributing anything to the relationship, besides telling the guy her "love for him is as vast as the ocean". SS is nothing but a masochistic girl's fantasy about healing the emotional scars of the "bad boy" and redeeming him through her affections". None of these parties are putting anything into the relationship, so is it any wonder that they are dysfunctional as they are. NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality.

What do Naruto and Sakura represent? a strong and open relationship, empathy, not being afraid to speak their minds, being themselves fully and unconditionally around the one they love, respecting and sharing opinions. Naruto would NEVER take Sakura for granted and Sakura would NEVER permit Naruto to fall out of practice, go out of shape, or ignore their children. The reason why NaruSaku works out is because they don't have  put a fake smile around each other, and pretend to be someone they are not. Sakura is never a weak submissive crying wreck around Naruto (unless Sasuke is involved) and Naruto never has to walk on eggshells around Sakura (Sakura does not faint in Naruto's presence EVER) or put up a cool act for her, and can be his fun-loving, goofy self. They can show themselves without a single thing hidden from each other. They can laugh together, tell each other what upsets them and pull through together and encourage each other during hard and sad times.THAT IS WHAT love is. THAT IS WHAT MARRIAGE is.

Do you see any of the things I've listed in NH or SS? Again, NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality. 

tenor.gif

#642 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Because opposite don't attract eachother, it attracts shippers. Shy girl gets with hyperactive guy zomg how exciting.. It only works if ex; the introvert finds out they actually like going to parties, like how Sakura actually likes Naruto's pranks. Or if the opposites are spesifically about the couple's negatives sides, like how Naruto barely has a temper with few exceptions, but Sakura has quite the temper yet keeps her calm during a mission.

ナルサク

#643 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Sometimes when talking about NaruSaku, I feel like I'm in the minority. While others picked up the pairing later, I actually got hooked from day one.

For whatever reason, I have always enjoyed the tsundere characters. I think they usually have room for development and growth as well as showing that they have a strong backbone but at the same time can be caring. I picked up all of the above with Sakura when she was introduced and I felt she would be a good fit for Naruto. 

In the first few chapters, when Sakura is first introduced, we can see that she's annoyed with Naruto and is gaga over Sasuke. However, there's also showings that there's more to her character, when she offers the lunch to Naruto and later when she comes to appreciate Naruto's skills against Zabuza. It showed me that she saw something in Naruto and the character would grow over time and see not only Naruto's passion for his goals and dreams, but also notice his compassion and care for her as the series went on.

Naruto, meanwhile, showed his own signs of growth, and they were partially through Sakura, too. Naruto noticed her intelligence and to an extent her maturity. I believe that's what gravitated him to her (forgetting that cheap retcon of it just being in competition with Sasuke.)

From that sense, I think I liked NaruSaku initially because they made each other better people. This showed as the series went on, too. They both drove each other to be better, and as the did it made them become closer. I just found it natural for them to get together.

That thread NaruSaku The Buildup documented this, there were so many moments where it seemed like they were helping each other and drawing them closer.

AND. All of that is ON TOP of just them having good chemistry. Their interactions felt natural, their communication was real and their banter seemed right. 

I know it's not actual cannon or anything, but I feel like their smiles here illustrate their connection pretty well.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#644 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

Sometimes when talking about NaruSaku, I feel like I'm in the minority. While others picked up the pairing later, I actually got hooked from day one.

For whatever reason, I have always enjoyed the tsundere characters. I think they usually have room for development and growth as well as showing that they have a strong backbone but at the same time can be caring. I picked up all of the above with Sakura when she was introduced and I felt she would be a good fit for Naruto. 

In the first few chapters, when Sakura is first introduced, we can see that she's annoyed with Naruto and is gaga over Sasuke. However, there's also showings that there's more to her character, when she offers the lunch to Naruto and later when she comes to appreciate Naruto's skills against Zabuza. It showed me that she saw something in Naruto and the character would grow over time and see not only Naruto's passion for his goals and dreams, but also notice his compassion and care for her as the series went on.

Naruto, meanwhile, showed his own signs of growth, and they were partially through Sakura, too. Naruto noticed her intelligence and to an extent her maturity. I believe that's what gravitated him to her (forgetting that cheap retcon of it just being in competition with Sasuke.)

From that sense, I think I liked NaruSaku initially because they made each other better people. This showed as the series went on, too. They both drove each other to be better, and as the did it made them become closer. I just found it natural for them to get together.

That thread NaruSaku The Buildup documented this, there were so many moments where it seemed like they were helping each other and drawing them closer.

AND. All of that is ON TOP of just them having good chemistry. Their interactions felt natural, their communication was real and their banter seemed right. 

I know it's not actual cannon or anything, but I feel like their smiles here illustrate their connection pretty well.

I think it's mainly the anime fault as they tended to put more of Hinata having feels of Naruto and making Sakura more violent to Naruto than she was that got people falling for NH than NS at first, I know that was the case with me. Though I never hated Sakura in fact I was quite fond of her and always enjoyed the screen time she got.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 07 April 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#645 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Because opposite don't attract eachother, it attracts shippers. Shy girl gets with hyperactive guy zomg how exciting.. It only works if ex; the introvert finds out they actually like going to parties, like how Sakura actually likes Naruto's pranks. Or if the opposites are spesifically about the couple's negatives sides, like how Naruto barely has a temper with few exceptions, but Sakura has quite the temper yet keeps her calm during a mission.

The problem is that Naruto and Hinata are opposites in virtually every single way:

Naruto - Hyperactive.
Hinata - Still

Naruto - Loud
Hinata - Silent

Naruto - Brash and reckless
Hinata - Timid and overly cautious

Naruto - Believes, even when the odds are against him.
Hinata - Gives up at the first sign of things looking bad (unless Naruto is right there)

Naruto - Doesn't care about rank, position, authority, etc.
Hinata - Pretty much a doll to be used as such rank, position, authority, etc. pleases.

Naruto - Speaks his mind.
Hinata - Says only what she thinks others would like to hear.

Naruto - Tries his hardest to keep promises and his nindo, even when they seem impossible to keep.
Hinata - Empty promises that she never tries to truly accomplish.

...and so on, but it's fine if there's maybe 1-2 opposite differences between people because then you can actually talk about it, and possibly even maybe change one or the others' views on things, but when you are just SO opposite like Naruto and Hinata, you would be required to have one or the other essentially become a completely different person.

2e5.gif

#646 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

The problem is that Naruto and Hinata are opposites in virtually every single way:
Naruto - Hyperactive.
Hinata - Still
Naruto - Loud
Hinata - Silent
Naruto - Brash and reckless
Hinata - Timid and overly cautious
Naruto - Believes, even when the odds are against him.
Hinata - Gives up at the first sign of things looking bad (unless Naruto is right there)
Naruto - Doesn't care about rank, position, authority, etc.
Hinata - Pretty much a doll to be used as such rank, position, authority, etc. pleases.
Naruto - Speaks his mind.
Hinata - Says only what she thinks others would like to hear.
Naruto - Tries his hardest to keep promises and his nindo, even when they seem impossible to keep.
Hinata - Empty promises that she never tries to truly accomplish.
...and so on, but it's fine if there's maybe 1-2 opposite differences between people because then you can actually talk about it, and possibly even maybe change one or the others' views on things, but when you are just SO opposite like Naruto and Hinata, you would be required to have one or the other essentially become a completely different person.

So Hinata has no real change then. I brought the nostalgia critic old vs new of Cinderella where he did the animated 1950'S vs the new one. It's basically Sakura as the 1950'spies one where we see her get angry and show her emotions and has a character with flaws where as Hinata as the new Cinderella is perfect having no flaws but gives up all the time.

#647 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

1. they look so cute.
2. it make sense because Naruto loves Sakura absolutely and do every thing for her and he was there for her and smile for her all that for make her happy in my opinion this is the true real love.
3. Sakura dose the same thing to Naruto all the time and she dose not seem to respect him but she respects him in her heart and she is supports him usually and she rarly feels that she loves him.
4. and they must be acanon kishimoto himself said that in the begene of shippuden because all evidence of narusaku crush between them. note: kishimoto have change the ending from narusaku to naruhina for the money.
5. because the cheap masashi kishimoto make Sakura look like afool when she loves the criminal monster Sasuke who tried to kill her 3 times without realizing and how he apologized by saying thank for every thing.
6. Naruto look for Sakura like agirlfriend but many people think he look for her as just afriend but they are wrong because he look for Hinata like afriend and he never care about her feelings.
7. sasusaku & naruhina dosent make any sense because sakura and hinata loves naruto and sasuke when they was kids but this is illogical and unreasonable Because children are unable to  understand love.

8. Sakura often look for Naruto like aboyfriend because she loves him but she cant show hem her love but she could help hem and be with hem some times and hugged hem when he makes her happy and say to hem thanks for every thing this is so cute.

#648 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

I was debating whether to input, but there are some fallacies here that I have to point out.

1: Absolutely. 100% Agreed.

2: While I don't agree with the intensity of the diction choice, Naruto is definitely someone she can rely upon, and that says something for him as a person.

3: I would say Sakura does respect Naruto, at least after we get part of the ways through part one, even if she doesn't fully understand him yet. She definitely supports him, however.

4: This is a conspiracy theory, also not true.

5: This is a mis-understanding of SS, and also not very correct.

6: One day, we can praise one pairing without negatively commenting on another to uplift it. Also, not true.

7: This is very not true. Also, by all the above, would this also not hold true for Naruto with Sakura, were it true?

8: Not true.

I m definitely cant understand what you want to say please tell me what you want to say in one line my friend.

#649 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

oh my god, please stop, cant you let people say whatever they want about their ship?? why do you have to be in the middle of everything?

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#650 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

Just put Analyzer on ignore, it was the best choice I make over 400+ of her "objectiveness" is way too much for me.
Regarding the topic at hand, I can't say I've always saw NS as a possible outcome at least for most of part one, but I've always prefered their dynamic than anyone else's in team 7, I loved how Sakura liked or went along with Naruto stupid jokes, that for me already putted her above Sasuke who was in serious mode all the time.
Before the chuunin exam  my opinon with sakura was just ok, not good, not bad but ok, I really liked her Inner Sakura moments (anybody knows why they decided to drop that?, It was one of the best part of her character!! to me at least)
Then, on part 2, especially after Naruto and Sasuke second battle I've always saw it as a possible and one of the most realistic outcomes (the other being SNS , who though I've never shipped, I've gotta admit it makes more sense that more than half of what we got at the end).
Initially, Sakura hated Naruto but she began to change her mind of him slowly but surely, by begining of the war, I thought their bond was as strong as Naruto and Sasuke, perhaps even stronger.
Seriously it could've been so easy for Kishimoto to do it just use the bench scene and the fake confession and boom, it wasn't THAT hard, you know when  I was little I always thought that the bench scene chapter was just filler (since it didn't have anything ninja like, it was mor teenage drama) but it was the start of something, well I think IT SHOULD'VE BEEN the start of something, but this and the fake confession were never to be adressed again, it's really sad.
It should been a dead giveaway that the ending wasn't suppoused to be like this where not only the 2 main ending relationships doesn't have an ink of sense, but the  bond between the two most prominent characters in the series (beside Sasuke) got completely obliberated, I mean they don't even talk with eachother.
Well, at the very least SP can't fuc k up their relationship anymore because there is nothing to degrade, there is nothing, which is very sad but I'd rather look at the half-filled glass with this  :sweat:

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#651 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Just put Analyzer on ignore, it was the best choice I make over 400+ of her "objectiveness" is way too much for me.
Regarding the topic at hand, I can't say I've always saw NS as a possible outcome at least for most of part one, but I've always prefered their dynamic than anyone else's in team 7, I loved how Sakura liked or went along with Naruto stupid jokes, that for me already putted her above Sasuke who was in serious mode all the time.
Before the chuunin exam  my opinon with sakura was just ok, not good, not bad but ok, I really liked her Inner Sakura moments (anybody knows why they decided to drop that?, It was one of the best part of her character!! to me at least)
Then, on part 2, especially after Naruto and Sasuke second battle I've always saw it as a possible and one of the most realistic outcomes (the other being SNS , who though I've never shipped, I've gotta admit it makes more sense that more than half of what we got at the end).
Initially, Sakura hated Naruto but she began to change her mind of him slowly but surely, by begining of the war, I thought their bond was as strong as Naruto and Sasuke, perhaps even stronger.
Seriously it could've been so easy for Kishimoto to do it just use the bench scene and the fake confession and boom, it wasn't THAT hard, you know when  I was little I always thought that the bench scene chapter was just filler (since it didn't have anything ninja like, it was mor teenage drama) but it was the start of something, well I think IT SHOULD'VE BEEN the start of something, but this and the fake confession were never to be adressed again, it's really sad.
It should been a dead giveaway that the ending wasn't suppoused to be like this where not only the 2 main ending relationships doesn't have an ink of sense, but the  bond between the two most prominent characters in the series (beside Sasuke) got completely obliberated, I mean they don't even talk with eachother.
Well, at the very least SP can't fuc k up their relationship anymore because there is nothing to degrade, there is nothing, which is very sad but I'd rather look at the half-filled glass with this  :sweat:

The highlighted sentence: Exactly.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#652 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Most of manga and anime couples got similar development as NS, got a similar route as NS, and at some point, or at the end, they get together.

Every time I read a manga or watch an anime with the main characters are like Naruto and Sakura, have given this similar development as NS and got together, I remember Naruto manga. Waste of great potential for NS. NS would have been a good dynamic couple. Even some manga and anime couples didn't get near the amount of development as NS.

#653 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

How does SNS make more sense? The problem with this view is its sort of a quanity = they should be together sort of view, and its not a correct view, really.

mr-burns-laughing.gif

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#654 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

NHs; I want a girl like Hinata

NSs; i want a relationship like NS.

Difference ye??

Wow, spot on! I think it sums up all about this whole NS vs NH/SS fiasco. People who choose NS typically see the dynamics, chemistry and relationship. It's a side effect of a good quality story telling of Naruto before the arcs towards the ending.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#655 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

I want to say that this is actually... not true.

In general actually, quite a few pairing fans tend to be first a particular character, including NS. This almost seems the norm for anti-fans. 

I also want to say a lot of those who did see the pairing, or were even first an individual, saw dynamics, chemistry, and relationship in their own ship. 

Thus, not really a fan of putting down other fandoms in self-glorification. 

That said, NS does have nice dynamics, which is why I ship them. 

Can you leave this mess in the debate/discussion threads? Leave other members alone at least in one damn thread. If you wanna post here just say why you like NS.

ナルサク

#656 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Otherwise, I would never have posted. 

the mods stop bashing you are not police and don't kid yourself about this, you made a rude af LAP on the previous page against a user that didn't bash anyone.

Edited by sushi., 10 August 2017 - 06:20 PM.

ナルサク

#657 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Let me just put what Sushi means in different words that may be easier to understand: This is not a debate thread. So, just because someone says "Well I've noticed such and such about people who like NS and such and such about people who ship NH" and is wrong in their reasoning, to you, doesn't mean that it's ok to try and correct them and state your opposing opinion in a thread that's...not meant to be a debate thread. Rather, you could have just stated that you know NH and NS fans who aren't like that and left it like that. No debate necessary. And if it really bothers you, you can always make a separate thread about it under the debate topic. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#658 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Not true. There was bashing there too.

Sure it's light, and I'm not intending to police it, I'm intending to respond against it. 

You're asking me to reword what I say here, essentially, so its less strong though, "nicer". It's still correcting them, because if I know people that aren't like what they are saying, which is a sweeping generalization...its a correction. Your version is a weaker, more feeble worded point. My diction tends to be stronger, more firmer, and sure of myself. 

Making a new thread makes little sense, because I'm responding directly to a response here. Further, this does not even talk on the merits of several comments that are off-topic, putting down a pairing for another. I am very against this sort of self-glorification, and so, stepped in to condemn such words.

I understand your point of view, but you're complicating things here. No need to jump at every single phrase that you don't like and start the correction process of yours. You can't correct people in your own way all the time.

Chill and you might get friends here.

#659 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

Lol.

The reason why I like NaruSaku is because most of the other romantic relationships are bland and boring.

NaruSaku feels more passionate to me. Their chemistry feels more natural and we get to see them hanging out and being great allies and friends first. They are great together, and their interactions scream fun.

Edited by Wubbzy, 13 August 2017 - 12:12 AM.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#660 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Why do I like it? Good/Great fanfiction for the pairing. In which Sakura isn't the giant pile of millenia old fecal matter that her character was and persisted to be all throughout canon.

Edited by Wyle23, 16 August 2017 - 10:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users