• Please log in to reply
2011 replies to this topic

#1941 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Cardinals killing Packers... idk who's making super bowl in the NFC anymore. :mellow:

Patriots still 1st seed with their guys coming back. AFC is 30x easier to predict. :yes:

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#1942 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

Welp

#1943 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:05 AM

thank goodness we don't have a chip on our shoulder anymore.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1944 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

I'm really hoping that Tampa is seriously considering Goodwin, I would love for him to take over as opposed to Koetter. Goodwin has done great things in Arizona.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#1945 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

I'm really hoping that Tampa is seriously considering Goodwin, I would love for him to take over as opposed to Koetter. Goodwin has done great things in Arizona.

HOW DARE YOU! The playoffs are less than 23 hours away. Stop talking about Tampa Bay! Joking. :th_yeah:

2 things to go over real quick before I dive into playoff talk.

1. Calvin Johnson strongly considering retirement. This hits me hard for 2 reasons. We're already losing Woodson, and even if Peyton stays another year, he'll be the worst starting QB next year. To lose him would be a bad taste in a mouth that has already took enough punches with a great Michigan alumni ending his career. Calvin has been a HOF player, no doubt. He put together a great season this year even though he had one of the worst QBs in the league considering Stafford went from pretty good to decent this year. He still has 2 elite years left in him, at least.

The other reason I hate the thought of him retiring, it that everyone is predicting he'll be a Patriot next year. Lions aren't paying him over 20 million, and he won't go to a team that doesn't have an elite QB. His options? Steelers, where he'll play #2, behind Brown. Seahawks, where their system chooses run over pass. That leaves Saints, Patriots, and Packers. Seeing as how the Packers have 2 elite WRs both making a lot of money already, they have no reason to have all their cap salary on one position. That would also cause Cobb to average like 40 yards a game. So with 2 or 3 elite years left, do you go with the Saints or Patriots? Well the Saints have been horrible 2 seasons in a row now. Don't get me wrong, Calvin would get big stats there, but their defense would be nearly just as bad as it was this year. Saints need to throw every penny in their cap to defensive stars on free agency. They would be 8-8 at best next season if Calvin joined them.

2. Tampa Bay... what are you doing? You get 4 more wins this season now that Lovie had a QB to work with. Winston and Evans were going to get better. The team was going to draft an offensive linemen early, and then plug several missing peaces into the defense. If Lovie stayed, I had them winning at least 10 games next season. But now Winston will have to improve with a new system in his 2nd season. Horrible management. Absolutely disgusting.

Now then, playoffs.

Wild Card Round:

- Bengals over Steelers (since Williams has been declared out)

- Chiefs over Texans

- Seahawks over Vikings

- Redskins over Packers (Crazy, I know, but I think Cousins has improved a lot by gaining experience starting.)

Divisional Round:

- Patriots over Bengals (Patriots getting healthy is huge. Obvious AFC favorites if Edelman is okay.)

- Chiefs over Broncos (Peyton can't throw...)

- Cardinals over Redskins

- Panthers over Seahawks (This game gonna be intense till the last second!)

Championship Round:

- Patriots over Chiefs

- Panthers over Cardinals (would pick Cardinals, but Honey Badger is out...)

Super Bowl:

- Patriots over Panthers (but only if they stop suffering 38492 injuries a game)

2XtVwF6.png

#1946 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

Honestly, the Lovie thing isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Yes, there was an improvement on this team. The problem is where the improvement was, not that there was improvement. Tampa brought Lovie in for one thing, defense. There defense was a continual failure during his stay there in Tampa. The team at large didn't improve, the offense did. Another thing that contributed was how they went out at the end of the season. At one point they were 6-6 and had an opportunity to end up in the playoffs. Instead of doing that, the flamed out spectacularly, finishing 0-4 when 3 of those games were winnable. Not to mention that they were incredibly undisciplined, being the highest penalized team in the league I believe.

I don't necessarily agree with the firing, but I was never enthused by the hiring either. I never thought Lovie was great, and ironically he almost went 1 and done after they finished 2-14. I really hope that Koetter stays as OC, and they go grab Goodwin from Arizona, as they had the top offense in the league.

EXL5X4B.png

#1947 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

HOW DARE YOU! The playoffs are less than 23 hours away. Stop talking about Tampa Bay! Joking. :th_yeah:

2 things to go over real quick before I dive into playoff talk.

1. Calvin Johnson strongly considering retirement. This hits me hard for 2 reasons. We're already losing Woodson, and even if Peyton stays another year, he'll be the worst starting QB next year. To lose him would be a bad taste in a mouth that has already took enough punches with a great Michigan alumni ending his career. Calvin has been a HOF player, no doubt. He put together a great season this year even though he had one of the worst QBs in the league considering Stafford went from pretty good to decent this year. He still has 2 elite years left in him, at least.
The other reason I hate the thought of him retiring, it that everyone is predicting he'll be a Patriot next year. Lions aren't paying him over 20 million, and he won't go to a team that doesn't have an elite QB. His options? Steelers, where he'll play #2, behind Brown. Seahawks, where their system chooses run over pass. That leaves Saints, Patriots, and Packers. Seeing as how the Packers have 2 elite WRs both making a lot of money already, they have no reason to have all their cap salary on one position. That would also cause Cobb to average like 40 yards a game. So with 2 or 3 elite years left, do you go with the Saints or Patriots? Well the Saints have been horrible 2 seasons in a row now. Don't get me wrong, Calvin would get big stats there, but their defense would be nearly just as bad as it was this year. Saints need to throw every penny in their cap to defensive stars on free agency. They would be 8-8 at best next season if Calvin joined them.

Not the Aints. They are in unbelievable cap hell with no immediate way out. They have no money to throw anywhere. They don't have the space to pay him. And as you say, their defense is historically bad. It makes no sense to add that kind of pain to their cap woes to improve their offense when they have a pressing need to improve their D.

Green Bay has the space and is a good place for him, but the Lions aren't sending him to a division rival if they can help it. Unless Green Bay makes an offer they'd be stupid to refuse he isn't going there.

Pittsburgh doesn't make a ton of sense either because passing offense isn't an issue for them. Their biggest issue is a leaky secondary.

Seattle makes some sense. Issues would be potential cap space (dunno how much they have and how much they'll need as more young guys keeping needing to be paid) and would they be trigger shy after Jimmy Graham and his hefty contract haven't exactly worked out for them.

St. Louis is one team I've heard, but will he go to a Nick Foles lead team? They have the money and WR is a position of need.

EDIT: I agree with Washington over Green Bay. Green Bay is struggling to score (granted it played against two very good D's the last two weeks) and Cousins has been good at home. If it was Lambeau, I'd pick Green Bay, but I like Washington's odds at home.

#1948 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

@Nate River... you didn't mention your opinion on the thought of him going to New England. :umm:

2XtVwF6.png

#1949 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:09 AM

I wish the Cowboys would fire that idiot Jason Garrett. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#1950 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

Big news! Lynch ruled out! Was supposed to be probable this week. Changing my pick from Seahawks to Vikings.

2XtVwF6.png

#1951 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:35 AM

@Nate River... you didn't mention your opinion on the thought of him going to New England. :umm:

Makes sense if the price is right. The issue for the Pats would be cap space. They aren't in cap hell or anything, but they aren't swimming in space either. There would have to be some financial gymnastics for him to fit.

What do they have pick wise? NE trades its picks often enough I'd wonder if they could put together a pick package Detroit would want (and then how does NE make the money work). If I'm Detroit and I'm parting with Calvin I want value and NE really only has picks to give, unless they want to ship Brady to Detroit. Pats have other goods players, but not of the caliber and position that I do a one-for-one for Johnson (that'd also be an issue for NE making the cap space work). So, it's a good fit, but making cap work while giving Detriot what it likely want wouldn't be easy.

The hitch would be if Calvin says trade me or I retire. Then Lions bargaining position is destroyed and all bets are off for anyone (except the Saints...still in total cap hell).

EDIT: Think Seattle still beats Minnesota. The Lynchless Seahawks still had no trouble blowing out Arizona. The one wild card for me is how Wilson plays in that weather. I think Minnesota can survive a subpar game from Bridgewater is Peterson plays well, but Seahawks probably cannot survive a subpar one from Wilson with Lynch out. Margin for error became smaller, but Seattle should still win.

#1952 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:15 AM

Big news! Lynch ruled out! Was supposed to be probable this week. Changing my pick from Seahawks to Vikings.

Well if you're perfectly honest, Marshawn didn't really matter much for this game anyway. Don't get me wrong, he'd be great to have, but you can't consider this a blow for Seattle because they're on an impressive streak right now, the entirety of which has been done without Marshawn in for them. This was, has been, and will be Russell's game against the Vikings.

EXL5X4B.png

#1953 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

What do they have pick wise? NE trades its picks often enough I'd wonder if they could put together a pick package Detroit would want (and then how does NE make the money work). If I'm Detroit and I'm parting with Calvin I want value and NE really only has picks to give, unless they want to ship Brady to Detroit. Pats have other goods players, but not of the caliber and position that I do a one-for-one for Johnson (that'd also be an issue for NE making the cap space work). So, it's a good fit, but making cap work while giving Detriot what it likely want wouldn't be easy.

You can't ask for a trade if they'll cut you. They have no room to trade him because they can't pay him the 22 million (it's around that) to stay his last year. They have to cut him. If I'm Calvin, I take 13-15mil from Pats and win a super bowl or 2 really quick before I retire, and go down as a top 3 WR, instead of 5th or 6th best.

2XtVwF6.png

#1954 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

I can't believe what I just witnessed

EXL5X4B.png

#1955 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

I can't believe what I just witnessed

... I know right.

2XtVwF6.png

#1956 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

What did you think of the Bengals-Steelers ending?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#1957 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

... I know right.

My jaw literally hit the ground. Feel really bad for the guy, he's a great kicker.

I felt it was pretty routine. Same script different day. Bengals beat themselves because Vontaze Burfict is an absolute moron and cost his team the win. I would put his ass on the trading block as soon as the new NFL year starts in march.

EXL5X4B.png

#1958 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Horrible officiating. Coach isn't allowed to come 20 feet onto the field and start talking trash to the other team. Sure he can break up a fight, but there were no Steelers around the coach. He talked trash, broke the rules, and when he was shoved a little, the refs gave them 15 yards. But even before that, Bernard caught the ball, and as he did he turned around with the catch and got laid out in a helmet-to-helmet contact that forced him to have a concussion and to drop the ball. Should of been Bengals ball on the 7 yard line, about to score a touchdown, not Steelers ball on the 22. If that wasn't called, then the obvious one to Brown shouldn't of been called either. If officials were fair, Bengals would of won this game by at least 8 points. I'm a Patriots fan, so I enjoy seeing Bengals suffer, but this was a horrible game. Officiating sucks this year. And now we get to see Broncos get a free win because Big Ben is like 50%. Going to be a very boring game.

2XtVwF6.png

#1959 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

So Vikings. So very, very Vikings

• 1969 - Favored Vikings lose Super Bowl 4 to Kansas City
  • 1973 - Lose Super Bowl 8
  • 1974 - Lose Super Bowl 9
  • 1975 - Lose Divisional playoffs on Cowboys Hail Mary, Drew Pearson allegedly pushed off but no penalty called
  • 1976 - Lose Super Bowl 11 
  • 1989 - Lose the NFC Championship after a dropped pass in the endzone.
  • 1998 - Have Cris Carter teams up with the super power rookie wr Randy Moss. Vikings finish 15-1 with one of the best offenses. Lose NFC Championship Game after our kicker who hasn't missed all year misses a potential game winner.
  • 1999 - Cunningham loses his QB strength from 98, Vikes make the playoffs but lose to the Rams
  • 2000 - Lose the NFC Championship game in embarassing fashion, 41-0 to NY Giants
  • 2009 - Brett Favre has a miracle seasona and Percy Harvin is an awesome rookie. End up losing the NFC Championship Game after Favre throws an interception
  • 2010 - All of 2009 team comes back, finishes with a losing record and miss playoffs
  • 2012 - Adrian Peterson has a historic MVP season, one-and-done in the playoffs
  • 2015 - Blair Walsh misses a kick which would have defeated the two-time NFC Champion

Edited by Lid, 11 January 2016 - 11:37 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1960 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:43 AM

^ Lid, Vikings keep losing because you have a Jaune x Pyrrha signature instead of a Ruby x Weiss one. :hehehe:

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users