#61 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

People do worry about NH too much.

But what I am more curious about is why are people hellbent in having Sakura heartbroken?
I've seen NS fanfics punish Sakura for not reciprocating Naruto's feelings by making Naruto not in love with her, going to Hinata and Sakura cries. (And even if I say NS fanfic, the author is usually a NH fan)
I don't see any appeal in that kind of story OR movie like that.
It's overkill when you can have Sakura realize her feelings WITHOUT making her heartbroken.

Just because Naruto was suffering from one-sided feelings in canon, having Sakura suffer the same fate in an AU doesn't make it refreshing to me.

Edited by narunarunaru, 22 March 2012 - 02:25 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#62 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 22 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura looks like she belongs in the family. She fits right in. Try imagining Hinata over there. rolleyes.gif

I think that verson of Hinata they disprove of. I know I am late with this post but it was written at midnight my time. I do like that Sakura pic. She does fit in more ways than one.

#63 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

I am not going to worry about any pairings and just enjoy what looks like an amazing premise if it is an AU or some sort of genjutsu where Kushina and Minato are alive. I look forward to seeing the different take on characters. It will be funny to see an outgoing and maybe boy crazy Hinata. Quiet and shy Ino. Cocky and wild Shikamaru. Lazy and intelligent Kiba. Gluttonous Shino. Creepy Choji. Hot Blooded Kakashi. Laid-back Gai.

The focus seems to be on the Rookie 9, but I wonder if there will be changes to Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro if this is an AU or genjutsu?

#64 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 22 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People do worry about NH too much.

But what I am more curious about is why are people hellbent in having Sakura heartbroken?
I've seen NS fanfics punish Sakura for not reciprocating Naruto's feelings by making Naruto not in love with her, going to Hinata and Sakura cries. (And even if I say NS fanfic, the author is usually a NH fan)
I don't see any appeal in that kind of story OR movie like that.
It's overkill when you can have Sakura realize her feelings WITHOUT making her heartbroken.

Just because Naruto was suffering from one-sided feelings in canon, having Sakura suffer the same fate in an AU doesn't make it refreshing to me.

I don't see it as punishing. I see it as making her realize her feelings faster. It will make her subconscious feelings for Naruto clearer. As they say, you never know what you have until its gone. We sometimes take the people that we value so much for granted. Because we know they'll never leave us. And when they do you'll realize that you wished that you value them every second you're with them. Once she's out of the genjutsu, she'll treasure Naruto more.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 22 March 2012 - 03:35 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#65 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

I wonder how will Naruto react seeing his parents alive again. Or his parents seeing Naruto. And did anyone wondered why did Kurama looked like this in the poster? A bit wierd if you asked me. He looks more..Dark.

#66 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see it as punishing. I see it as making her realize her feelings faster. It will make her subconscious feelings for Naruto clearer. As they say, you never know what you have until its gone. We sometimes take the people that we value so much for granted. Because we know they'll never leave us. And when they do you'll realize that you wished that you value them every second you're with them. Once she's out of the genjutsu, she'll treasure Naruto more.

Is it necessary to have her heartbroken or in pain, just for the sake of making her realize faster?
It may not be fast, but there are other ways to make her realize her feelings for him.

I don't see how Sakura being in love with Sasuke/not realizing her feelings for Naruto, means she's taking Naruto's feelings for granted?
It's not like she's using Naruto's feelings for her own pleasure, and it's not like she knew it until Sai told her.
And she is already treasuring Naruto as a comrade. Why else would she risk her life trying to stop him in his 4 tails form?

I've seen Naruto's hurt face when he saw Sakura hug Sasuke. We all know how much it pained Naruto.
I don't want Sakura to be heartbroken like that for the sake of having NS happen faster. I find that a bit cruel.
I am Naruto AND a Sakura fan after all. It's best if NS happens without making any of them suffer in the process.

Edited by narunarunaru, 22 March 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#67 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 23 2012, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like she's using Naruto's feelings for her own pleasure, and it's not like she knew it until Sai told her.

This sentence is totally contradicting. She did take advantage of Naruto via the promise of a lifetime. Like you said, the scene where Sai confronts Sakura showed exactly how Sakura took advantage of Naruto, even if its unintentional. And I'm a Sakura fan as well. You're just too defensive about her character. Our opinions differ and we can go on like this forever so I'm going to stop.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#68 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 22 2012, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am Naruto AND a Sakura fan after all. It's best if NS happens without making any of them suffer in the process.

The reality is that Naruto is already suffering about it. Even if Naruto is happy around Sakura, as of right now I think he has no illusions of getting together with her. Ever since the hospital scene in which Sakura hugged Sasuke he saw how important Sasuke was for her. That scene was really hard on him and I think is one of the reasons he believes he has no chance with Sakura.

As for not wanting to see Sakura sad, I don't get why you're so much against it. Is not that we want it to happen because seeing her suffer will make us feel happy. Is not about her getting pay back for ignoring Naruto's affection. Is quite the opposite, it would be good because we could feel her pain and feel bad that something like that is happening to her. It would be in the same manner as when we felt bad for Naruto in the hospital scene, sure it was painful to watch but we cared for his character a little more after that.

A story that makes you feel strongly about its characters is always good.

Edited by redragon88, 22 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#69 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sentence is totally contradicting. She did take advantage of Naruto via the promise of a lifetime. Like you said, the scene where Sai confronts Sakura showed exactly how Sakura took advantage of Naruto, even if its unintentional. And I'm a Sakura fan as well. You're just too defensive about her character. Our opinions differ and we can go on like this forever so I'm going to stop.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was talking about part 2 Sakura. I wanted to say that she doesn't take his feelings for granted anymore. Although, there could be ways of different interpretation for the confession.

Nowhere was I accusing you of NOT being a Sakura fan. I was saying as a Sakura fan I don't want to see her suffer. You agree to that too, don't you?
And yes, since I like debating I was having a bit of fun to see how we think differently but probably this was one-sided on my part.

If you don't agree with me you can always give me answers without calling me out on being "too defensive".
QUOTE (redragon88 @ Mar 23 2012, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reality is that Naruto is already suffering about it. Even if Naruto is happy around Sakura, as of right now I think he has no illusions of getting together with her. Ever since the hospital scene in which Sakura hugged Sasuke he saw how important Sasuke was for her. That scene was really hard on him and I think is one of the reasons he believes he has no chance with Sakura.

As for not wanting to see Sakura sad, I don't get why you're so much against it. Is not that we want it to happen because seeing her suffer will make us feel happy. Is not about her getting pay back for ignoring Naruto's affection. Is quite the opposite, it would be good because we could feel her pain and feel bad that something like that is happening to her. It would be in the same manner as when we felt bad for Naruto in the hospital scene, sure it was painful to watch but we cared for his character a little more after that.

A story that makes you feel strongly about its characters is always good.

Yeah, I didn't like the scene where Naruto had to see Sakura hug Sasuke just like everybody else. But the reality of this already happening doesn't change my opinion of wanting NS to happen without both of them suffering. And if it was possible I would have preferred if Sakura never liked Sasuke so Naruto didn't have to suffer.

What I am against is that Sakura HAS to suffer in order for NaruSaku to happen. It's not the most pleasant way nor the only way for the pairing to happen is it? There are other ways to make a pairing without the suffering, that is the point I want to make.

I agree with you there, that a story that makes you feel strongly about its characters is good yes.gif

Edited by narunarunaru, 22 March 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#70 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 23 2012, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was talking about part 2 Sakura. I wanted to say that she doesn't take his feelings for granted anymore. Although, there could be ways of different interpretation for the confession.

Nowhere was I accusing you of NOT being a Sakura fan. I was saying as a Sakura fan I don't want to see her suffer. You agree to that too, don't you?
And yes, since I like debating I was having a bit of fun to see how we think differently but probably this was one-sided on my part.

If you don't agree with me you can always give me answers without calling me out on being "too defensive".

Sorry if you were offended by me calling you defensive. I'm not saying you're defensive as a person. I'm saying you're defending Sakura's feelings too much. Isn't that what you're doing? Like redragon88 said, its not that I WANT to see her suffer. It just creates more impact to a romantic story. You're suggesting that love is all happy where no one gets hurt. Love isn't like that, its bittersweet. Its not an easy journey and people always gets hurt along the way. The important thing is after all that suffering, they are still able to be together for each other. I think that's what Kishi is emphasizing in his manga. That love isn't always about hearts and doves. Naruto already suffered with the POAL. For Sakura to truly understand Naruto's pain, it would be best if she experienced it herself.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#71 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 22 2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that happens the NH fandom will explode with so much overconfidence that their pairing will happen but no thank you.

so true... arg.gif it's bad enough when she is shy and they can see he doesn't seem the feel that way about her, but if she starts to ACT like Sakura.. or just more spirited..oh man.. just think about it! argh1.png

annoy.gif wallbash.gif bash.gif headdesk.gif

and that is all i have to say about that. sweatdrop.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#72 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if you were offended by me calling you defensive. I'm not saying you're defensive as a person. I'm saying you're defending Sakura's feelings too much. Isn't that what you're doing? Like redragon88 said, its not that I WANT to see her suffer. It just creates more impact to a romantic story. You're suggesting that love is all happy where no one gets hurt. Love isn't like that, its bittersweet. Its not an easy journey and people always gets hurt along the way. The important thing is after all that suffering, they are still able to be together for each other. I think that's what Kishi is emphasizing in his manga. That love isn't always about hearts and doves. Naruto already suffered with the POAL. For Sakura to truly understand Naruto's pain, it would be best if she experienced it herself.

Defending Sakura's feelings too much? I think I explained WHY I prefer not to see Sakura suffer(because I'm her fan). I explained to redragon88 that I preferred for Naruto not to suffer and not have Sakura being in love with Sasuke at all. Does this make me too defensive of his feelings too? I'm basically saying the same thing about Sakura. And, nowhere have I said love is all happy where no one gets hurt.

Your main point is, For Sakura to understand what Naruto has been through, it would be best if she experienced it herself. Am I right? This I agree.
Love isn't always about hearts and doves. I agree to this one too.
Is Sakura having non reciprocated feelings towards Naruto necessary for her to understand him? This I don't agree. The sole reason being, she already understands. In the case of romance I think she suffered even MORE than Naruto himself. The guy she was in love with tried to kill her. She knows what it's like to have feelings not being reciprocated.

Edited by narunarunaru, 22 March 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#73 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

....so are we even sure if sakura's gonna have that type of role in this movie anyway?? XD...

i dont want anyone to be disappointed....

but from the looks of this picture

1) sakura either entered a genjutsu to help someone (naruto i guess)

2) is already in the genjutsu and breaks out early (before the others in the genjutsu)

3) naruto is in a genjutsu and sakura has a different attitude like everyone else. (since shes standing behind naruto...i guess she could be reckless like naruto??)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#74 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Mar 22 2012, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be good because we could feel her pain and feel bad that something like that is happening to her. It would be in the same manner as when we felt bad for Naruto in the hospital scene, sure it was painful to watch but we cared for his character a little more after that.

She already has suffered the most of any of the Konoha 11 for love. What, you want to kick her some more to get a thrill out of it? Narunarunaru is right, way too many so called ns fanfics seem to take a sick thrill out of breaking Sakura, and distort her character exactly like the overt Sakura bashing fics do.

And Naruto's suffering, certainly in part 2, was totally unnecessary, he made the choice to blind himself to Sakura's changing affections with his own take on the Promise of a Lifetime- totally unknown to Sakura, and horrifying her when she found out from Sai. Thus her resolve to immediately end it by getting it through Naruto's head that she's been in love with him for some time.

Sakura had her first unrequited crush leave the village to willingly become one with the darkest path, he's attempted to kill her several times, and even in the later part of part 1 got scary and mean to her, not just verbal belittling but threats. Now she carries around feelings of shame about her past and disgust at herself for not being able to do what she thought she had- eliminate all feelings whatsoever about Sasuke.

Then with Naruto she made her love confession and he acted like an ass, plus told her he was still pursing Sasuke. She walked away from that scene thinking Naruto cared more about Sasuke than he ever had her, and thinking he really would hate her for going to attempt to kill Sasuke. (That was somewhat resolved when Naruto rescued her and was very tender toward her- she knows he still cares in some fashion. Naruto may not realize the emotional fallout of his acting like an ass to her, that she's internalized those words and is in some way punishing herself for what she perceives as failing Naruto. Naruto, on the other hand, is now confident of Sakura's feelings for him- see chapter 505, page 2, for his current mental image of Sakura in relation to himself.)

Compare that to Naruto- even in part 1, while he was upset Sakura was crushing on Sasuke- who didn't have any interest in her at all, he still had constant assurance Sakura cared about and supported him. In part 2, even though he stupidity was needlessly blocking himself from noticing Sakura was showing not just friendship and support but love, he knew she had a very deep bond with him.

Rather obvious Sakura has suffered more and continues to do so. This makes those emotionally shatter Sakura fanfics just that much uglier.

Edited by ciardha, 22 March 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#75 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

ya i agree with narunaru also.....

sakura had her heartbroken already and almost got killed 2 twice by her old crush.

i think naruto being with another girl would be kinda overkill for her XD.........

shes already leaning toward naruto, she doesnt need to get pushed to the edge.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#76 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 22 2012, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she does seem to fit in huh?

maybe its her hair color and clothes? XD or maybe its cause sakura was born to fit in *_*

and gosh.....kushina seems like she has dark green eyes...

its like sakura is a lighter version of kushina XD

And also notice, Naruto's expression is pretty similar to Kushina's, while Sakura's is pretty similar to Minato's. I'm sure that was deliberate on Kishimoto's part. And visually you also have Kushina's dress is green as are Sakura's eyes, while Sakura's shirt and headband are red similar to Kushina's hair, so there's some color matching going on that tends to draw the eye into including Sakura with Naruto, Kushina and Minato. Again, I'm sure this was deliberate on Kishimoto's part.

Edited by ciardha, 22 March 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#77 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Guys listen..

What if...

Everyone...

Dies....

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#78 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Mar 22 2012, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys listen..

What if...

Everyone...

Dies....

They won't, but if it is the storyline I speculated on, Madara could threaten Sakura to kill everyone as she begins to break the genjutsu- ratcheting up the intensity of Sakura having to save everyone....

Geez, I've gotten so excited about the possibility that this might be Kishimoto giving us the anime the Sakura arc he promised in the manga, that if he doesn't I just may have to write that story in fanfic biggrin.gif

Edited by ciardha, 22 March 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#79 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Mar 22 2012, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys listen..

What if...

Everyone...

Dies....

Post of the day right there. You friend are win. laugh.gif

I think people still believe that I want Sakura to suffer, that I'll get some weird pleasure for it, that is no the case. I'll explain again, seeing turmoil in characters makes us feel more attached to them, doesn't matter which one. I'm not gonna laugh seeing her feel bad, I'm gonna root for her to fix thing the same way I would support Naruto if he was the one with problems.

Besides I'd rather Sakura not go into some full out depression, that's just a downer. Just her missing the old Naruto and wanting everyone to be how they were before. I don't want her to start crying or anything like that.

#80 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

ok, I need to see the trailer for this movie... like right now. Shouldn't one be out by now??? It's four months before the movie comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users