#1 Amii

Amii

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Drawwwwwwing.

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

In an interview for the upcoming year, Kishimoto stated that several characters needed to "grow up". Now I know he didn't mean physical, but what could happen to make them grow up?

It's been bothering me for a while, does anyone have any theories?

Kishi said that Naruto needed to grow up with Jiraiya dying, so how would Kakashi and Sakura grow up? Some people said that Sakura would grow up with Tsunade dying, because like Jiraiya to Naruto, Tsunade is Sakura's mentor. I dont think Sakura and Tsunade are as close as Jiraiya and Naruto were. They might be, but I don't know. Then some other people said that Kakashi would grow up by becoming Hokage, if Tsunade dying.

It all makes sense, but, I don't really think that what he meant.

Maybe Sakura's parents die, and Sakura has to deal with the pain of not having parents like Sasuke and Naruto.

Or maybe Kakashi has to fight Tobi/Madara, and like many believe, he took over Obito's body, and its like he's fighting Obito. He has to realize that it's not Obito, just his body.

I dont know, does anyone have any thoughts?

#2 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Well, growing up not always comes from tragic stuff like death of someone as you probly allredy know tongue.gif
there are alot of ways people can grow up.
For an inctance, we all know Sakura grew from the forehead girl who dosnt do anything importent other then crying or cheering for Sauske to a beautiful young woman who has became a great madic-nin with lots of skill, yet we know that on the inside she is still the 12 year old Sakura who belives she is useless to her friends, that's where she needs to grow up.
And like always for Sakura I think her "growing up" will be alot more normal then you think, meaby just a talk with someone will be just what she needs to truley grow up.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#3 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Mar 24 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, growing up not always comes from tragic stuff like death of someone as you probly allredy know tongue.gif
For an inctance, we all know Sakura grew from the forehead girl who dosnt do anything importent other then crying or cheering for Sauske to a beautiful young woman who has became a great madic-nin with lots of skill, yet we know that on the inside she is still the 12 year old Sakura who belives she is useless to her friends, that's where she needs to grow up.
And like always for Sakura I think her "growing up" will be alot more normal then you think, meaby just a talk with someone will be just what she needs to truley grow up.

Actually Dormin I think you hit it on the head, regarding Sakuras growing up. I think her growing up well come form her confronting Sasuke one last time about her feelings for him. This can lead to a discovery of her feelings for Naruto.

Sometimes growing up cna mean leaving behind the childish notions we have about certain things like crishes on unobtainable people etc.

She may have allready taken a step in that direction When she charged sasuke during the reunion. SHe wasnt kidding with her fists glowing with chakra. Shed have cleaned hsi clock good if she connected.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

I'm with those who think the idea of Sakura growing up deals with Tsunade's death and Kakashi taking the position of Hokage. If her parents got killed then that be the same thing with Naruto and Sasuke not having any family and I don't like the idea of them having too many close similarities. She is a part of Team 7 the Neo Sannin. The next generation will surpass the previous. All the previous ones will be gone, and Team 7 will take their place.

As much as I hate the "killing off characters to make others grow up" theme, Kishimoto always uses these repetitive themes. He did it for Shikamaru with Asuma, and Naruto with Jiraiya. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with Sakura.

I can see Tsunade going after Akatsuki and fighting someone (many say it's Konan) and dieing. I kind of like that idea because I want to see her go all out. After the flop of the Sannin battle we were able to see the abilities of the Sannin with Orochimaru and Jiraiya in part 2. Now I want to see what Tsunade is capable of as well as her special talents like how Jiraiya has toads and Orochimaru has snakes.

Also the Hokage is a cursed position. The four previous ones are all in the Death God's stomach having their souls suffer for an eternity. Her faith just might be the same as theirs.

And her death fits with Kakashi because he's already grown up so I don't see what could cause him to do so, unless taking a high position such as becoming Hokage. I don't believe in the Tobi/Obito theory so I don't see that playing a part.

As much as I dislike the killing off characters to grow up others, that's what I'd see coming into play.

Sakura needs to improve her skills to surpass Tsunade. She could do so in the next training arc with Naruto and that way they both get stronger as well as develop a closer bond.

Edited by TrueSalvation, 24 March 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#5 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

I remember in that very same interview, Kishimoto said Rock Lee has already grown up. Rock Lee grew up by staring down adversity, his injuries that could have made his dreams and goals disappear forever.

#6 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Mar 24 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Mar 25 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with those who think the idea of Sakura growing up deals with Tsunade's death and Kakashi taking the position of Hokage. If her parents got killed then that be the same thing with Naruto and Sasuke not having any family and I don't like the idea of them having too many close similarities. She is a part of Team 7 the Neo Sannin. The next generation will surpass the previous. All the previous ones will be gone, and Team 7 will take their place.

As much as I hate the "killing off characters to make others grow up" theme, Kishimoto always uses these repetitive themes. He did it for Shikamaru with Asuma, and Naruto with Jiraiya. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with Sakura.

I can see Tsunade going after Akatsuki and fighting someone (many say it's Konan) and dieing. I kind of like that idea because I want to see her go all out. After the flop of the Sannin battle we were able to see the abilities of the Sannin with Orochimaru and Jiraiya in part 2. Now I want to see what Tsunade is capable of as well as her special talents like how Jiraiya has toads and Orochimaru has snakes.

Also the Hokage is a cursed position. The four previous ones are all in the Death God's stomach having their souls suffer for an eternity. Her faith just might be the same as theirs.

And her death fits with Kakashi because he's already grown up so I don't see what could cause him to do so, unless taking a high position such as becoming Hokage. I don't believe in the Tobi/Obito theory so I don't see that playing a part.

As much as I dislike the killing off characters to grow up others, that's what I'd see coming into play.

Sakura needs to improve her skills to surpass Tsunade. She could do so in the next training arc with Naruto and that way they both get stronger as well as develop a closer bond.

First of all,Dormin, I think what you're saying is making sense too.
Second,TrueSalvation. how did you know that the First & Second are in the Death God's Stomach?

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#7 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

In terms of growing up, I also think that Hinata will go through the same sort of thing. She does need to grow out of her shy, reserved childhood ways and become more of a leader. Her major weakness is her quiet timidness. It's because of this that her father wants her younger sister to become the clan head instead of her. I think Hinata definitely needs some sort of shock to her system to make her realize that it's no good just sitting back. Also the whole admiring Naruto from afar, it's gotten kinda old. Geez girl, grow a spine for once. sakura.gif
End of line.

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Nawfal @ Mar 25 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second,TrueSalvation. how did you know that the First & Second are in the Death God's Stomach?

The 4th Hokage sealed the yin chakra of the Kyuubi in the Death God's stomach and gave hi soul as a sacrifice.

When Orochimaru invaded Konoha he resurrected the 1st and 2nd Hokages to fight against the 3rd Hokage.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/118/02/

The only way the 3rd Hokage could defeat them was to bring the Death God and seal away their souls.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/123/10/

All four previous Hokages are in the Death God's stomach. If something similar happens to Tsunade, then it's like the trend in which Kishimoto plays with Akatsuki taking off their cloaks = death. Naruto just might have the same fate.

#9 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Sakura growing might have something to do with Tsunade. But I think it's too early for her to kick the bucket just yet. So I'm expecting something with her feelings first. We'll probably get a Sasuke-Sakura-Naruto confrontation soon and we might finally see some of her true feelings then. Is she still in love? Has her love matured? Does she love Naruto now? We might finally get some answers. On top of that, I see her undergo some training, maybe learning some genjutsu or summoning, to become stronger.

As for Kakashi. I think his growth might have something to do with Jiraiya dying and the relevation that the fourth was Naruto's father. We all know that Kakashi has been running from his past since forever. Running from the whole Obito thing, running from his past with his father and running from Minato's death. With all these new relevations in the latest chapters, he might stop running and he'll try to help Naruto to become even stronger than his father. Maybe we'll get some insight of his mangekyou sharingan as well.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#10 Amii

Amii

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Drawwwwwwing.

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Mar 24 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I do like that idea, Kishi would have to pull it off just... amazingly. He already had a sannin dramatically dying while fighting an Akatsuki, it'd be pretty hard to pull off another one with out it being... just bad.

And yeah, maybe Sakura does grow up by learning her feelings. I like that one a lot better than the others, haha.

#11 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

I don't see Tsunade dying or at least not until Naruto is Hokage. She had her two other precious people die before they became Hokage and Tsunade is going to die before she gives him the title?

Not happening, in my opinion.

#12 kristi94narusaku

kristi94narusaku

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Dormin im with his answear:P

Edited by kristi94narusaku, 30 March 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#13 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

I'm really sorry that this thread is old, but something occured to me last night and I know there was a similar thread about Sakura's "growing up" but I couldn't find it.

With the new development in the chapters, and the whole exploding thing...

Sakura's parents are probably dead.

Could that what he meant by when he said that she would have to grow up?

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Sakura's parents have been all but non-existant in this story so I don't believe their death would have any more impact than the destruction of the village. In my opinion, Sakura growing up may have something to do with inheriting the will of fire, or otherwise deciding what she wants to do with the rest of her life (i.e deciding what she wants to do with her medical career or committing to Naruto or both). She's really the only person in Team 7 without an obvious destiny, so maybe she just needs to find her path.

As for Kakashi, I think that his conversation with his father will cause a dynamic change in his character.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#15 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

I doubt Sakura's parents would die. They don't have enough development to die that easily (I know you're thinking: What about Chouza. We at least knew his NAME
. Don't Press the red button

#16 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 17 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt Sakura's parents would die. They don't have enough development to die that easily (I know you're thinking: What about Chouza. We at least knew his NAME

That wouldn't matter, just the fact that they're her parents should be enough.
I would laugh though if we found out they were high-ranking anbu or something.

#17 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

It doesn't have to matter at all what kind of development they have. Like Kurosaki said, they are her parents. If Chouzo died, yeah its sad. It wouldn't be a big deal. Why? Not because he's not developed enough, but because its Chouji's dad. No offence, but who cares about that? Would you expect Kishi to go into detail about Chouji's sadness?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be insensitive about it, but its Sakura, one of the main characters.

She's the only one who has had her family her whole life and hasn't had one of them taken away from her.
Destruction of the village or not, thats pretty big to her.

#18 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

It's not impossible, just improbable. Sakura's parents have had no relevance to the story whatsoever, she's never mentioned them, had a flashback about them, or even gone to them for advice or consolation. Besides, Sakura has already dealt with "loss" or grief or however you want to term it when Chiyo died. You can argue that Chiyo wasn't a family member but Sakura was still willing to give up her own life to save this old woman she respected and admired.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 18 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not impossible, just improbable. Sakura's parents have had no relevance to the story whatsoever, she's never mentioned them, had a flashback about them, or even gone to them for advice or consolation. Besides, Sakura has already dealt with "loss" or grief or however you want to term it when Chiyo died. You can argue that Chiyo wasn't a family member but Sakura was still willing to give up her own life to save this old woman she respected and admired.

She did mentioned them. Way, WAY back in Chapter 3 (during her "rant" to Sasuke about Naruto, right before Sasuke called her "Annoying"). Even though we haven't seen them in the manga, though in the anime we had heard the mother's voice and then in Shippuden when Sakura had that flashback when Naruto was telling her about the Kyuubi, we had seen little Sakura clinged to one of her parent's leg (don't know which one), even though that is filler.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

I have to agree with Nee-sama on this one.

Her parents don't even have a place in the series. For all kishimoto cares, Sakura could be like Naruto and not have any parents and it wouldn't make a diffrence. Personally, the people Sakura would have to lose to feel something would be Kakashi or Tsunade, and since it's starting to look like Kakashi died, we may see some Sakura sadness soon.

However, we may also see some serious NaruSaku after the fighting is basiclly over. Once Pain dies/fleas and Naruto has a little time to see the full extent of Konohas damage, he may have a convo with Sakura resulting in a super NaruSaku moment.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users