#12941 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Would Sakura have been terrible for moving from Sasuke or terrible to Hinata?

kishi only said it would make sakura look terrible if she move on so suddenly to naruto (and nh/ss didnt need time huh kishi.. :mellow: ) after she came this far loving sasuke.

the hinata part only exist in the first sentence where he claimed he chosen her a long time ago.

Edited by Hanabi, 21 November 2014 - 04:07 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#12942 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

http://sparda3g.tumb...cript-of-naruto

#12943 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Instead of trying to push this idea that Sasuke was just "in a dark place", Kishimoto should have wrote him as an unapologetic revenge driven character. If he was "redeemed" it should have been Darth Vader style, where he uses his last breath to do one final good thing as he slowly dies, finally allowing the evil that is his drive for revenge to slowly dissipate. This way Sasuke would have gotten his comeuppance and could also show  that there was still a little bit of his heart under all that hate. It wouldn't "redeem him" but it would put him on the path.

Instead we got that Sasuke was just faking it the whole time. Even when he killed people.... and helped start a world war.... and joined a group of terrorist.... and tried to set himself up as a fascist dictator. He still loved Naruto/Sakura/Team 7 well he helped destroy the village..... That whole time he was just faking it because he really was still good all along. Somehow people like that idea more... why? I think it's much worse! If he wasn't corrupted, then he was just so Machiavellian that he did things he knew was wrong and evil to get what he wanted!

Now he wanders the world saving cats from trees, and helping little old ladies cross the street.... because only Naruto could have kept him in a prison and he doesn't want that for Sasuke... I guess. So now he's the star of "Kung Pow the Legend continues" and will walk around saving people, teaching them about his ninja way, and abandoning his "family." Meanwhile someone (I'm guessing Naruto or the government because of Naruto) takes care of his family for him well he is gone being a super monk.

This story would have just been so much better if he would have died.

AMEN!!! Couldn't have said it better myself .There was no point to his character  with him going 180  in the last minute his character should have stayed an general a**hole like Vegeta (though Vegeta was a hundred times better then the EMO without being "redeemed") that's who he was  but in the end we got this saint lovey dovey Sasuke that come out of nowhere  :facepalm: .  

Dying would have been better then this kitten  his character was reduced to nothing no purpose except  for drama and a ruining the story he's basically a Hinata .  We should rename the manga to Sasuke & Hinata  they work for nothing and yet everything is handed to them on a silver plate  :zaru:  :roll: .

Sorry for the long post - but all these comments are spot on.

WE DIDN'T READ IT WRONG. Please don't buy into that. This is exactly why this movie has been made.

Every creator makes choices about how h/she wants their work to be interpreted. NaruSaku is handsdown the most supported, foreshadowed and developed pairing in the whole 15-year creation. If you doubt this any of that development, then look at the fact that Naruto never stopped loving Sakura. Ever. Not once. Even his last words in 698, as the Naruto we knew and recognized, were "Thank you, Sakura-chan," words which are only ever used in a statement of love in this manga.

As part of a huge international brand, Kishimoto the author is a very small part of the larger picture. He is a cog in a very big machine. He's an important cog, to be sure, but he's really, really small in comparison to the whole thing. The only part he has any control over is the manga. That's it.

These are all handled by other staff and outside sources:

Manga - publishing, distribution, marketing, and the merchandise plus its advertising and marketing

Movie - written plot, casting, animation, marketing, scheduling of interviews and advertisements, ticket sale and promotions, and sales of merchandise, plus its advertising and marketing

- and this excludes all other ancillary staff necessary for getting that manga out the door.

Even though Kishimoto is sitting atop the one of the world's most popular manga, he has very little control of what's underneath him. And if its determined that the brand will make more money going one direction instead of another, then that's the direction they're going to go, whether Kishimoto wants to or not. 

And there is no way Kishimoto would ever be allowed to go out into the world and speak against the direction. Not if he wants to keep being on the payroll. And he knows understands that completely. Naruto is a BIG BUSINESS.

My point to this is that the manga, the one thing that Kishimoto has the most control over, was written for NS. Over and over and over again. Even up to its ambiguous end. I think at some point he knew that the ending was going to have to go toward NH. Whether that was 8 years ago or 2 we may never know. But he celarly had opportunities to build in NH and SS in a way that it didn't feel like a betrayal. Yet he still didn't. He continued to reinforce Naruto's connection to Sakura. 

I think he wrote what he wanted, sprinkled in enough Hinata interaction to string that story along (knowing there would be a movie in the future about it), and when it was time to end the manga, he tacked on the last two chapters. There is ZERO SasukeSakura development. There is ZERO mutual NarutoHinata development. There is consistent Naruto Sakura development.

Honestly, I think Kishimoto just gave up on his story. It's clear to everyone that any semblance of a plot stopped after the Pain arc. The war arc was nothing but filler character after filler character, with the sick train wreck of Obito's story in the middle. 

But Kishimoto could have developed any ship he wanted, yet he didn't. He chose to steadily build on NS. That lie of omission — not developing SS or NH when he had years to do it — tells us something: That NS was not as far behind as he claims it was. And interviews that sound conspicuously like damage control are not going to change that. His actions here speak a lot louder than his words.

He may be a sexist human being, and he be an author who royally f*d up his story in the end. But the NS development was there, consistently, steadily. From beginning to end. And that was Kishimoto's choice to include it, reinforce it, parallel it and foreshadow it.

And if this was a truly happy ending, then Kishimoto would have drawn a happy Naruto finally achieving his goal. Hokage with Sakura on his arm. But he didn't get it. And so Kishimoto didn't have the stones to illustrate anyone getting a romantically happy ending together. Not NH, nor SS. He just let it all fall apart, and the movie people will put together a new storyline out of the pieces that are left over.

I feel a lot of things about this ending: heartbroken, angry, disgusted, etc. But one thing I absolutely don't feel is wrong. NS is there, all the way through the manga. And the statement that fans were reading it wrong is just a lie to sell people on the movie and the new series that will spring from it.

Beautifully said  If I had any likes left I would have given all of it to you  :cry: .

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 21 November 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#12944 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

kishi only said it would make sakura look terrible if she move on so suddenly to naruto (and nh/ss didnt need time huh kishi.. :mellow: ) after she came this far loving sasuke.

the hinata part only exist in the first sentence where he claimed he chosen her a long time ago.

There is a new translation that says Sakura conceded Naruto FOR Hinata. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#12945 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

yeah, but i don't think that's reliable :wot: it sounds like kitten.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#12946 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

tumblr_nfcacyKAiw1rtchb0o1_500.jpg

I fixed my mind on Hinata since quiete some time ago. There was a time I thought about choosing Sakura instead, but if Sakura had changed her mind for/towards Naruto, she would really look like a horrible/awful woman. Also, in reality, I think Sakura is, no matter what, devoted to Sasuke. 

Nothing else is said. It doesn't say anything about Sakura letting Naruto to Hinata or anything of that sort. The first translation was the right one, nothing besides what I've just written is said in the interview.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#12947 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

I fixed my mind on Hinata since quiete some time ago. There was a time I thought about choosing Sakura instead, but if Sakura had changed her mind for/towards Naruto, she would really look like a horrible/awful woman. Also, in reality, I think Sakura is, no matter what, devoted to Sasuke. 

Nothing else is said. It doesn't say anything about Sakura letting Naruto to Hinata or anything of that sort. The first translation was the right one, nothing besides what I've just written is said in the interview.

Thx for the translation again :) I've come to the conclusion that you and the other translators in this forum must be right as much as it hurts (I really liked the second translation more simply b/c I didn't want to believe that he would make such a sexist comment).

Edited by trang95, 21 November 2014 - 04:57 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#12948 Geninja

Geninja

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

Thx for the translation again :) I've come to the conclusion that you and the other translators in this forum must be right as much as it hurts (I really liked the second translation more simply b/c I didn't want to believe that he would make such a sexist comment).

IDK what world Kishi leaves in but in no world I know of would a character evolving from whom she was as a child and choosing not to be with someone who caused her great pain and heartache would look like a horrible woman. If anything she would look like a strong woman. The only people that would hate her are the anti Sakura/SS fans but they can get over it because it's called progression. He regressed her character in the end and pretty much assassinated her.

Kishi you really need to get your priorities in line.

Edited by Geninja, 21 November 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#12949 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Never mind that what about Sakura's devotion to Naruto his feelings , safety and  his dreams apparently it means kitten  , what was she so devoted to Sasuke when she didn't supported him in anything nor did she played any role in his redemption  Sakura's character had no meaning to Sasuke's character she didn't affected him at all not once she could have never existed and it wouldn't have changed a thing about him  , her devotion is there only to be made as the Uchiha's main baby machine  :sick: .

Sexism and Rectoning level over 9000 nope even that's putting it softly its SSJ4  :zaru: .

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 21 November 2014 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#12950 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

thanks sakuyahime! it would be such a insult if the hinata version was true..  i have had enough of her instan-heroin special status in the film already.

by the way, is there anything that imply that  "if she had changed her mind to naruto so suddenly"? there are some trying to justify the "women heart fickle like autumn skies"  comment by saying kishi meant it would be horrible to write sakura changing her heart so quickly..

Edited by Hanabi, 21 November 2014 - 05:11 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#12951 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

IDK what world Kishi leaves in but in no world I know of would a character evolving from whom she was as a child and choosing not to be with someone who caused her great pain and heartache would look like a horrible woman. 

Kishi you really need to get your priorities in line.

Yeah, I really don't know what to make out of those "cultural differences" arguments. i doubt that the Japanese are that traditional. If I only knew a Japanese person I could ask right away... 

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#12952 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, I really don't know what to make out of those "cultural differences" arguments. i doubt that the Japanese are that traditional. If I only knew a Japanese person I could ask right away... 

it's pretty amusing really. in narutobase people were listing examples like japanese people slitting their guts for honor and stuff.. they forgot it's 2014

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#12953 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

thanks sakuyahime! it would be such a insult if the hinata version was true..  i have had enough of her instan-heroin special status in the film already.

by the way, is there anything that imply that  "if she had changed her mind to naruto so suddenly"? there are some trying to justify the "women heart fickle like autumn skies"  comment by saying kishi meant it would be horrible to write sakura changing her heart so quickly..

There is no implication of "so queekly" in the sentence.But I think the "horrible woman" was refering to being too fickle, inconsistant since the word 心変わり means " a change of mind", "fickleness", "inconsistant". So I think the sentence itself implies something like "If Sakura would have been fickle enough to switch to Naruto, she would have been a horrible woman". 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 21 November 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#12954 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

I hate the cultural differences argument. Come on all that stuff is in the past and not all manga go the way Naruto did.

#12955 Ether

Ether

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

There is no implication of "so queekly" in the sentence.But I think the "horrible woman" was refering to being too fickle, inconsistant since the word 心変わり means " a change of mind", "fickleness", "inconsistant". 

:facepalm:

This guy has no clue what character progression means, does he?

#12956 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

I'm not saying the secondary translation is true, I wouldn't know one way or the other. What I am saying is that either way you dice it Hinata is Naruto's silver medal. I'm saying no matter which one you look at, it sucks and makes no sense whatsoever 

#12957 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

There is no implication of "so queekly" in the sentence.But I think the "horrible woman" was refering to being too fickle, inconsistant since the word 心変わり means " a change of mind", "fickleness", "inconsistant". So I think the sentence itself implies something like "If Sakura would have been fickle enough to switch to Naruto, she would have been a horrible woman". 

i see.. thanks for clearing my doubts!

somehow it's alright for sasuke and naruto to be fickle (especially sasuke in anything he is involved in)..

the double standards here is just..  :no:

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#12958 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm not saying the secondary translation is true, I wouldn't know one way or the other. What I am saying is that either way you dice it Hinata is Naruto's silver medal. I'm saying no matter which one you look at, it sucks and makes no sense whatsoever 

Don't worry I know you didn't say that. It was just to clarify because I've seen several people bringing up that false translation. 

#12959 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Sadly false one would have save him from making into a sexist. Oh well.

#12960 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

I hate the cultural differences argument. Come on all that stuff is in the past and not all manga go the way Naruto did.

The real problem with those "Cultural" differences is half the people talking about them are weeboo's who idolize Japanese cultural while omitting the fact that its got its own damn problems. They'll sit there and tell you the Japanese are so nice and polite while ignoring that half the time they are only nice and polite to one another. :zaru:

Also, biggest Rape culture I have ever seen from a tiny island. Its disturbing. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 21 November 2014 - 05:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users