• Please log in to reply
19441 replies to this topic

#12881 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Ofcourse they're not going to tell the truth. Not if it's going to make them, Hinata, or the new naruhina movie look bad. Like I said, the whole reasoning that naruhina was all made to make Sakura look good sounds like some sort of (bad) PR statement -- like all Sakura fans really have no right to question his  decision because it was written 'for her benefit'.

Now there's a big gaping hole that the parallels and foreshadowing has left. I think it's going to be quite obvious for people to see where this story was headed; maybe Kishimoto left it like this on purpose because he didn't like NH or SS himself, or maybe he couldn't be bothered to care in the end to even remove them from his story. Who knows.

Ofcourse, we'll never know if he actually flipped flopped or not, it's not going to look good or him or his story. But honestly, just because I'm a narusaku fan, it does not mean I have permanent shipping goggles that hinder my mind from interpreting literature.

There was absolutely no point putting in the love-letter nin scene if it was not about using dramatic irony to point out that the ideal Sasuke that Sakura loves does not exist. There is no point having several different characters point out Sakura's "feelings" towards Naruto if it was purely meant to be unrequited. None of the long-running parallels that have applied so well to Naruto and Sasuke (ending with them dying on top of Madara and Hashirama's statues, who were finally able to make the peace sign) were even addressed with Naruto and Sakura, even though the comparisons were there. Kishimoto could honestly not have made it less painfully obvious that Sakura was the girl Kushina talked about, both in the manga and RtN.

Instead we get Sasuke poking Sakura's forehead, which he wanted to disintegrate with the rest of her body only three chapters ago.

Honestly, there's just so much narusaku in the story that it leaves you feeling completely blindsided to see them not get together, or at least not get any closure.

I completely agree , I think the fact that he completely erased their bond NS  no interaction no nothing like they never existed like it never was a core part of the story  when they were so close and smiling around each other  hurts the most  , even in this movie you can see that they are to distant from each other  when that was never the case . Kishimoto and SP had to diminish NS bond completely erase it  so they can make NH/SS to even have a chance   and this is how we know that we aren't the ones reading it wrong but Kishimoto simply sell out . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#12882 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

Ofcourse they're not going to tell the truth. Not if it's going to make them, Hinata, or the new naruhina movie look bad. Like I said, the whole reasoning that naruhina was all made to make Sakura look good sounds like some sort of (bad) PR statement -- like all Sakura fans really have no right to question his  decision because it was written 'for her benefit'.

Now there's a big gaping hole that the parallels and foreshadowing has left. I think it's going to be quite obvious for people to see where this story was headed; maybe Kishimoto left it like this on purpose because he didn't like NH or SS himself, or maybe he couldn't be bothered to care in the end to even remove them from his story. Who knows.

Ofcourse, we'll never know if he actually flipped flopped or not, it's not going to look good or him or his story. But honestly, just because I'm a narusaku fan, it does not mean I have permanent shipping goggles that hinder my mind from interpreting literature.

There was absolutely no point putting in the love-letter nin scene if it was not about using dramatic irony to point out that the ideal Sasuke that Sakura loves does not exist. There is no point having several different characters point out Sakura's "feelings" towards Naruto if it was purely meant to be unrequited. None of the long-running parallels that have applied so well to Naruto and Sasuke (ending with them dying on top of Madara and Hashirama's statues, who were finally able to make the peace sign) were even addressed with Naruto and Sakura, even though the comparisons were there. Kishimoto could honestly not have made it less painfully obvious that Sakura was the girl Kushina talked about, both in the manga and RtN.

Instead we get Sasuke poking Sakura's forehead, which he wanted to disintegrate with the rest of her body only three chapters ago.

Honestly, there's just so much narusaku in the story that it leaves you feeling completely blindsided to see them not get together, or at least not get any closure.

-nods- Every day and everytime they open their mouth it is always a different story, but the one thing they cannot just erase is the manga itself. No matter what they do they can not change any of it to fit their words. They would have to go back and rewrite 15 years of manga just to make this ending work and they can't do that. People won't accept that...at least I think they won't. The damage is already done and no amount of excuses or PR statements can fix it. They already dug their own grave and now I just hope it bites them in the ass. I already been told Naruto sales have plummeted and they seem to be trying to do "damage control" to save the movie PR, but it seems like people are not buying it.

This is why I am laughing now and why i don't accept this idea that we read it wrong. It's so easy to blame ourselves for misunderstanding it, but that only because people let what the assistant said get to them.

If you push someone enough to the point that they insult and blame you, then you know they know they were wrong. They just don't want to admit it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12883 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

Reading some tvtropes.

• Want to know why Nozomi from Elfen Lied didn't make it to the anime version, despite being so important in the manga? Because the anime director hated her, thought that "it doesn't make a difference whether she's there or not" and refused to put her in the anime cast. Which is fairly hilarious, considering she's the reason the series is called Elfen Lied.

At this point, I'm surprised SP didn't give this same treatment to Sakura.

Actually they did in RTN... Kishi wanted to have the ending focused on Sakura's feelings after the IT break but Hayate said that there's too much focus on Sakura (or something along the lines) so they cut it and replaced it with that scene with Naruto looking at Sakura and her parents..

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#12884 rinali24

rinali24

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:food

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

Actually they did in RTN... Kishi wanted to have the ending focused on Sakura's feelings after the IT break but Hayate said that there's too much focus on Sakura (or something along the lines) so they cut it and replaced it with that scene with Naruto looking at Sakura and her parents..

Wow..gagworthy how a little Sakura screen time would be too much focus but an entire movie on a stupid cliche with Hinata is A-okay.

I want to send a big F U to SP. t(-_-)  

6U3bFMe.png

#12885 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

The evidence shows is that the studio cand and has manipulated it all....and yet we want to believe we read it wrong? Yeah, right.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 November 2014 - 10:19 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12886 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

I was only talking about the depth of Naruto's feelings. Not NS itself. As I said yesterdays, we were right at some point (beginning of Part 2) and NH/SS were right at some point too (War Arc) while part 1 was just not focused on love, I think Kishi wasn't sure on which pairing he wanted until Part 2 where he first wanted NS but then changed his mind for NH/SS. Why did he change his mind? No one except him will ever know it for sure.

I present you guts from berserk and sakuragi from slam dunk.

#12887 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

The evidence shows is that the studio cand and has manipulated it all....and yet we want to believe we read it wrong? Yeah, right.

There you go kids... 

Date: Yes, for example, when I was doing the story-board, I completely changed the last scene of Sakura. Masashi Kishimoto had given me his agreement, but me, I wasn’t satisfied with it and I redone everything of it.

Takeuchi: I want to see that deleted scene.

Date: At first, I had put an emphasis on Sakura’s feelings. When she’s reunited with her parents, she’s jumping in their arms while crying. The 3 characters were shown in a close-up.

Nakamura: But at the end, we see Naruto watching the scene at some distances.

Date: Yes, I thought that the story was about HIS feelings and it would have been too much for the whole thing if we had to add Sakura’s feelings to the deal. So at the end, I corrected that scene just before the dubbing session.

#12888 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

what scene was he talking about?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#12889 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

The last scene between Sakura and her parents...

#12890 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

The old anime series use to have characters cut and stories changed all the time. Just like the relationship between Hollywood and authors, the animation directors and control freaks who honestly believe they can tell a better or more concise story than the original. Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it doesn't.

The famous cases I can think of from the top of my head are Hellsing, Chrono Crusade, Trinity Blood, Inuyasha and FMA. That's why Hellsing, FMA, and Inuyasha were able to spur remakes, despite not being remotely dated. FMA was probably the most famous case in terms of romance, they removed the heroine as the hero's love interest and instead, brought out a side character briefly mentioned in the first few chapters as the main love interest. =|

But despite what those animation studios did, they at least kept to themselves, letting the manga stay with what the author wanted. While I don't think SP dictated the endgame pairings to Kishimoto, who knows what really happened?

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#12891 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

The scene when naruto & sakura back from it.

#12892 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

There you go kids... 

Wow just Wow  so it was to much to add a short scene with focus on Sakura family bond   but its ok if he does a movie with Hinata Naruto Kuning all the time and kitten on Naruto's feelings   :err: . Wow he knew he could have done both scenes with Sakura and her family and then Naruto looking at them it wouldn't have take anything from anyone it would have made the scenario even that much better  .  

I can't believe how much they hate Sakura and NS  :sick: .

Demotivational.Poster%2BItachi.jpg

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 21 November 2014 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#12893 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

NS doesn't happen not because of developement. But market demand.

#12894 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

NS doesn't happen not because of developement. But market demand.

simple but stupid.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#12895 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

Kishimoto comes out with all these utterly embarrassing defensive comments claiming Sakura's feelings are 'true love' , that she is obliged to latch on to those feelings and not move on.

Here's the irony- You never gave a solid, believable explanation as to why Sakura started loving Sasuke in the first place!

What special qualities of Sasuke does she admire? Other than the superficial reasons, has Sakura ever said something good about Sasuke as a person in any of the 700 chapters? What led her to develop such a strong love for him? What is the reason for her to have kept loving Sasuke despite all the pain he gave her? 

Kishimoto and his band of equally clueless assistants are now trying to laugh off Naruto's feelings for Sakura as 'just a weak crush'. Here's another irony- Atleast you had given an explanation for Naruto's feelings, atleast it made sense. The same cannot be said about Sakura's 'love' for Sasuke, the one which you try to paint as 'true love'. 

What. a .Joke. 

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#12896 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Kishimoto comes out with all these utterly embarrassing defensive comments claiming Sakura's feelings are 'true love' , that she is obliged to latch on to those feelings and not move on.

Here's the irony- You never gave a solid, believable explanation as to why Sakura started loving Sasuke in the first place!

What special qualities of Sasuke does she admire? Other than the superficial reasons, has Sakura ever said something good about Sasuke as a person in any of the 700 chapters? What led her to develop such a strong love for him? What is the reason for her to have kept loving Sasuke despite all the pain he gave her? 

Kishimoto and his band of equally clueless assistants are now trying to laugh off Naruto's feelings for Sakura as 'just a weak crush'. Here's another irony- Atleast you had given an explanation for Naruto's feelings, atleast it made sense. The same cannot be said about Sakura's 'love' for Sasuke, the one which you try to paint as 'true love'. 

What. a .Joke. 

Kishimoto: but...but...love needs no reason :zaru:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12897 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

And naruto love is weak :zaru: because.....reason? lol

#12898 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

-nods- Every day and everytime they open their mouth it is always a different story, but the one thing they cannot just erase is the manga itself. No matter what they do they can not change any of it to fit their words. They would have to go back and rewrite 15 years of manga just to make this ending work and they can't do that. People won't accept that...at least I think they won't. The damage is already done and no amount of excuses or PR statements can fix it. They already dug their own grave and now I just hope it bites them in the ass. I already been told Naruto sales have plummeted and they seem to be trying to do "damage control" to save the movie PR, but it seems like people are not buying it.

This is why I am laughing now and why i don't accept this idea that we read it wrong. It's so easy to blame ourselves for misunderstanding it, but that only because people let what the assistant said get to them.

If you push someone enough to the point that they insult and blame you, then you know they know they were wrong. They just don't want to admit it.

Where did you hear the sales have dropped? I remember a few years back that the Part I anime fillers (which were terrible) had about the same ratings as the non-filler episodes. Right now, Naruto is a well-established franchise, just like Dragonball and Yugioh. The quality of the shows don't seem to make much of an impact on sales at all, though I'm not going to be shedding any tears if it did.

That assistant was like every hateful NH fan on Tumblr ever. The type that seem to be more interested in NH getting together as a form of punishment towards Sakura than anything else.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#12899 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

And naruto love is weak :zaru: because.....reason? lol

Kishimoto: Don't try to defy my flawless sexist logic! Damn you!

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12900 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

Kishimoto: Don't try to defy my flawless sexist logic! Damn you!

I used to praise Kishimoto and defend him from any criticism in this forum. After RtN, I had nothing but the utmost respect for the way he highlighted the beauty of bonds between humans. Two years later..we get this ending. I cannot believe the same guy who wrote RtN wrote this disaster of an ending. And now that shocking interview... It makes me regret that I ever defended him  :wallbash:

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)